Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,454 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8490) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9199907 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8487) (8488) (8489) (8490) (8491) (8492) (8493) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by willsonsemilore(m): 12:37pm On Jun 29, 2021
genius43:

Other people using the Global ROM are already on Android 11.

The major restriction is not being able to access the data and obb folder which the new versions of Solid explorer Pro, Es explorer Pro and Mixplorer pro, Xplore takes care of.

Then for now Gestures don't work on third party launchers because most haven't integrated to Android 12 though nova recently released a beta with Android 11 support.

When is RN8 getting miui 12.5,
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Oyinlomobambam(m): 2:25pm On Jun 29, 2021
My Redmi 9t used to bring system update available, but anything I click it nothing is showing to upgrade.

What's going on please?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:18pm On Jun 29, 2021
willsonsemilore:

When is RN8 getting miui 12.5,

That is left for Xiaomi MIUI Team.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:21pm On Jun 29, 2021
jaycerichh:
Back at stock miui abeg who go gimme link to that article make i remove ads and bloatware please

Bookmark it. Whatever is there that you can't see in the location stated there. Use the search function in settings.

https://techpp.com/2018/09/17/remove-ads-xiaomi-miui-guide/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gsparks01(m): 4:29pm On Jun 29, 2021
genius43:

Bookmark it. Whatever is there that you can't see in the location stated there. Use the search function in settings.

https://techpp.com/2021/06/18/amphetamine-macbook-clamshell-mode-keep-awake/
wrong link?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by forke(m): 4:46pm On Jun 29, 2021
My follow come redmi note 10 charger got burnt this morning, can I see a charger as fast the that one to buy in any phone plaza?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:00pm On Jun 29, 2021
gsparks01:
wrong link?

They have changed the link. I didn't take note. Modifying straightaway
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:01pm On Jun 29, 2021
forke:
My follow come redmi note 10 charger got burnt this morning, can I see a charger as fast the that one to buy in any phone plaza?

Contact Jboixxx for a 30W Charger.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jaycerichh(m): 5:47pm On Jun 29, 2021
genius43:

https://techpp.com/2018/09/17/remove-ads-xiaomi-miui-guide/
thanks a lot
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jaycerichh(m): 5:51pm On Jun 29, 2021
I don't know if I'm the one that can't really remember where to find this settings in order to change my SIM card colour

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 6:09pm On Jun 29, 2021
forke:
Come for Baseus 30w or Mi 33w chargers. See my signature or my ads in thread store.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Johnwick64: 6:40pm On Jun 29, 2021
Thinking of getting the redmi 9a since that's what my budget can carry (45K), please how good is the phone.

Would have loved to get the 9c cos the 9a has no fingerprint, how fast is the 9a face unlock
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Samcoflex75(m): 7:09pm On Jun 29, 2021
My cloned apps can't access pictures saved in gallery on my note 10 pro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gsparks01(m): 7:35pm On Jun 29, 2021
jaycerichh:
I don't know if I'm the one that can't really remember where to find this settings in order to change my SIM card colour
is this MIUI?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by alosbaba007(m): 7:38pm On Jun 29, 2021
@genius43, do you agree with frankietech or noticed any bug on the 12.5 update?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUjFVrASarU
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:26pm On Jun 29, 2021
alosbaba007:

@genius43, do you agree with frankietech or noticed any bug on the 12.5 update?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUjFVrASarU

The only bug I no so far is media players not leaving or leaving a space on the notification menu after swiping them off.

I am currently on 12.5.3 and it is still there but other things like thermals and battery life are now way better than the V12 that came with the phone.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by FryMosquito: 9:17pm On Jun 29, 2021
genius43:

The only bug I no so far is media players not leaving or leaving a space on the notification menu after swiping them off.

I am currently on 12.5.3 and it is still there but other things like thermals and battery life are now way better than the V12 that came with the phone.

Same with me about the music player not leaving. Every other thing I experienced in the update is smooth even the Cleaner cleans faster now
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:11pm On Jun 29, 2021
RN10 PRO users update your Notification app from systems updater if you get the notification.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jaycerichh(m): 12:02am On Jun 30, 2021
Yes bro
gsparks01:
is this MIUI?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ouvredeparis: 2:45am On Jun 30, 2021
I'm looking to get my 4th Redmi device... I'm stuck in between Redmi note 10 pro or mi 11 lite.... I've checked the specifications of both phones but I can't seem to arrive at a decision... Things I do consider when buying a phone

1. Good camera (not necessarily a bad ass one tho)

2. I play games a lot... Like Pes and cod

3. Stereo speaker... Etc..

I'll appreciate pieces of advice from my bosses on which Xiaomi device to get..not limited to the two I mentioned in this post tho... genius43
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jinka(m): 5:44am On Jun 30, 2021
ouvredeparis:
I'm looking to get my 4th Redmi device... I'm stuck in between Redmi note 10 pro or mi 11 lite.... I've checked the specifications of both phones but I can't seem to arrive at a decision... Things I do consider when buying a phone

I'll appreciate pieces of advice from my bosses on which Xiaomi device to get..not limited to the two I mentioned in this post tho... genius43

Pls don't buy redmi note 10 pro, I got mine 2weeks ago, the battery is shit, that's the only problem I'm having with it, my previous note 9 pro battery is way better than note 10 pro battery.
The battery doesn't last up to 10hrs on heavy usage.
The worse part of it is that, before sleeping at night, I usually off my data and put the phone on silent mode, only to wake up in the morning and discover that 10% is gone out of the battery, every night.

I'm a heavy user of phone, note 10 pro battery doesn't meet up my expectations.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sanmana(m): 7:16am On Jun 30, 2021
Good Morning friends
I type this in sadness!

My Redmi 9 fell down today!! And it's shattered beyond recognition

Pls, where them dey fix redmi screen���
Share contact or link abeg
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:50am On Jun 30, 2021
jinka:

Pls don't buy redmi note 10 pro, I got mine 2weeks ago, the battery is shit, that's the only problem I'm having with it, my previous note 9 pro battery is way better than note 10 pro battery.
The worse part of it is that, before sleeping at night, I usually off my data and put the phone on silent mode, only to wake up in the morning and discover that 10% is gone out of the battery, every night.

MIUI 12.5.3 has fixed this though. I don't the MIUI Version you are on.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:53am On Jun 30, 2021
ouvredeparis:

I'll appreciate pieces of advice from my bosses on which Xiaomi device to get..not limited to the two I mentioned in this post tho... genius.43

Both phones are sufficient.

If you don't care about the missing Widevine L1(For watching HDR Contents) on the Mi 11 lite 4G and care about the small build then go for that.

But if you need a bigger display since you want to game then RN10 Pro.

And if you care more about Gaming and not camera and AMOLED display then the Poco X3 Pro.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:53am On Jun 30, 2021
Sanmana:
Good Morning friends
I type this in sadness!

My Redmi 9 fell down today!! And it's shattered beyond recognition

Pls, where them dey fix redmi screen���
Share contact or link abeg

Depends on where you are so do well to state your location.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jinka(m): 8:01am On Jun 30, 2021
genius43:

MIUI 12.5.3 has fixed this though. I don't the MIUI Version you are on.

I'm currently on MIUI Global 12.0.10

Do I need to upgrade to resolve the issue?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:14am On Jun 30, 2021
jinka:

I'm currently on MIUI Global 12.0.10

Do I need to upgrade to resolve the issue?

Yes. So you didn't update and made all this judgements?

The truth is RN9 Pro will have a better battery why because the 732G has more power than the 720G. And also the RN10 Pro has a way brighter display and that is a proponent for battery consumption. But I have gotten over 11hours SOT on RN10 Pro you are complaining about.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tasonivan(m): 8:22am On Jun 30, 2021
Please I need price for Redmi Note 7 Screen replacement (including the Back Glass/Cover)

Please
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by FryMosquito: 8:26am On Jun 30, 2021
jinka:

Nawa! Update your device nah.. You don't just start complaining without asking people that are already using the phone here.
You can change your location to Korea and see the update pop out
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:34am On Jun 30, 2021
tasonivan:
Please I need price for Redmi Note 7 Screen replacement (including the Back Glass/Cover)

Please

Repairpalng, Repairguru
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by repairpalng: 8:38am On Jun 30, 2021
tasonivan:

Please

Screen 16K, back glass: 4K.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8487) (8488) (8489) (8490) (8491) (8492) (8493) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.