Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,342 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:01 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8529) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9173593 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8526) (8527) (8528) (8529) (8530) (8531) (8532) ... (9315) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lexusgs430: 8:38am On Jul 21, 2021
OllyFair:
Another angle

Why not also make money, whilst enjoying a product...... wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 10:33am On Jul 21, 2021
Seun needs to add a "dislike" button o.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Xtianvic(m): 10:54am On Jul 21, 2021
shedo4sure:
I just updated my RN7 to miui 12.5. Omo this update is the best from Xiaomi so far. It's very fast, the animation is smooth, the display and performance is very much improved. The cons so far is the removal of navigation pill, the long press options when apps are minimized that enables you to lock,float windows or split screen is gone. I just they will release another update that will re-enable those features.
how did you get the update? Did you change location? Manual or OTA
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BrickDevo: 11:57am On Jul 21, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Plenty more umidigi users, are delighted with their purchase.....

Likewise, we have previous unpleased xiaomi users..... That would never return to xiaomi products.......
very few of them on xiaomi part
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 12:00pm On Jul 21, 2021
BrickDevo:

Which umidigi device and which Xiaomi are you comparing ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by HolyTitus(m): 12:26pm On Jul 21, 2021
Lexusgs430:
A word advice for xiaomi lovers..... If you love the product so much, why not buy part of the company and watch your capital grow with the company....... cheesy
Any idea on how one can go about that ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lexusgs430: 12:49pm On Jul 21, 2021
BrickDevo:

Faulty devices, is unfortunately a part of the production process.......

Even the almighty Apple, Google & Samsung, have their fair share of DOA devices........
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lexusgs430: 12:50pm On Jul 21, 2021
HolyTitus:
Any idea on how one can go about that ?

Look for a stockbroker/app that sells shares, from the Hong Kong stock exchange.........
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Biafrareform(m): 1:10pm On Jul 21, 2021
genius43:

Try to restart once in a while. If possible a force restart by holding the power button for 15seconds.

Does force restart make one to lose some stuff on phone, like music,apps reset(like putting in a new password), files etc
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 1:48pm On Jul 21, 2021
jboixxx:
Seun needs to add a "dislike" button o.

That complacent nigga is bereft of ideas.

Na why the Nairaland is not even moving forward.

The only 'major' changes in 8 years are the new font and a sprinkle of UI changes.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gr8gem(f): 1:50pm On Jul 21, 2021
Please house how can i access the otg settings on my redmi note 10 pro, thank you.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 1:51pm On Jul 21, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Faulty devices, is unfortunately a part of the production process.......

Even the almighty Apple, Google & Samsung, have their fair share of DOA devices........

And only consumers in their primary markets will have access to warranty or product replacement.

One unlucky person must sha buy a factory-defected unit. It happens with every brand.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:56pm On Jul 21, 2021
Biafrareform:

Does force restart make one to lose some stuff on phone, like music,apps reset(like putting in a new password), files etc

No
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:58pm On Jul 21, 2021
gr8gem:
Please house how can i access the otg settings on my redmi note 10 pro, thank you.

Nothing like OTG settings. Just plug and use. Also hope the drive is not NTFS? If it is kolewerk
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gr8gem(f): 1:59pm On Jul 21, 2021
genius43:

Nothing like OTG settings. Just plug and use. Also hope the drive is not NTFS? If it is kolewerk

Thanks for the reply, Please what's NTFS
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:02pm On Jul 21, 2021
gr8gem:

Thanks for the reply, Please what's NTFS

A drive file format
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by HolyTitus(m): 2:08pm On Jul 21, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Look for a stockbroker/app that sells shares, from the Hong Kong stock exchange.........
Can you suggest any legit stock app ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ifeanyibxt: 2:31pm On Jul 21, 2021
Xiaomi note 9 pro vs xiaomi note 10 which of them can i go for..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by osic(m): 2:53pm On Jul 21, 2021
I will be joining this family soon. This will be my first Xiaomi device. grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lexusgs430: 2:54pm On Jul 21, 2021
Mustiboy:

And only consumers in their primary markets will have access to warranty or product replacement.

One unlucky person must sha buy a factory-defected unit. It happens with every brand.

Exactly.........

Nigeria needs to ask Nigeria, many questions....... cheesy grin

No reason Nigeria should have not been a primary market....... UAE got independence, 11 years after Nigeria.... I say no more..... cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by osic(m): 2:57pm On Jul 21, 2021
ifeanyibxt:
Xiaomi note 9 pro vs xiaomi note 10 which of them can i go for..

Redmi Note 9 Pro seem like the wiser choice.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ifeanyibxt: 2:59pm On Jul 21, 2021
osic:

Redmi Note 9 Pro seem like the wiser choice.
ok
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lexusgs430: 2:59pm On Jul 21, 2021
HolyTitus:
Can you suggest any legit stock app ?

I use etoro, but it's not available for Nigerian investors ........
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Psychodavidovic(m): 3:41pm On Jul 21, 2021
shedo4sure:
I just updated my RN7 to miui 12.5. Omo this update is the best from Xiaomi so far. It's very fast, the animation is smooth, the display and performance is very much improved. The cons so far is the removal of navigation pill, the long press options when apps are minimized that enables you to lock,float windows or split screen is gone. I just they will release another update that will re-enable those features.

Tap and hold one app(in the multitasking window) to access all that.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by schurley(m): 5:22pm On Jul 21, 2021
genius43:

Third party launcher? If yes no it won't work and that is because most launchers haven't made their launchers fully compatible with Android 11

Lower part of my phone screen (Note10) is not responding to touch. What do you think is the problem senior man
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BrickDevo: 5:35pm On Jul 21, 2021
Meister:

Which umidigi device and which Xiaomi are you comparing ?
Umidigi devices in general na wahala, might be a wahala to honest, if you are lucky yours might not have any issues
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:52pm On Jul 21, 2021
schurley:

Lower part of my phone screen (Note10) is not responding to touch. What do you think is the problem senior man

Force Restart
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by schurley(m): 6:07pm On Jul 21, 2021
genius43:

Force Restart

Thanks very much.... it's working perfectly now

Things don dey run through my mind, new phone faa

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 6:22pm On Jul 21, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Exactly.........

Nigeria needs to ask Nigeria, many questions....... cheesy grin

No reason Nigeria should have not been a primary market....... UAE got independence, 11 years after Nigeria.... I say no more..... cheesy

grin

BMC must see this.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by osic(m): 7:33pm On Jul 21, 2021
BrickDevo:

Umidigi devices in general na wahala, might be a wahala to honest, if you are lucky yours might not have any issues

I've used umidigi A5 Pro and A7 pro and I've had no choice issues with them except for the RAM management. Other than that, it's fantastic for it's price.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BrickDevo: 8:11pm On Jul 21, 2021
osic:

I've used umidigi A5 Pro and A7 pro and I've had no choice issues with them except for the RAM management. Other than that, it's fantastic for it's price.
Yah I meant their device always have one issue or the other, I have experienced it myself, but not all their devices though, it seems like a gamble to buy an umidigi phone.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gergemam: 9:59pm On Jul 21, 2021
Hello Guys

Please between Note 10 Pro and Note 9 Pro

Which one would you recommend when it comes to speed, camera, battery, and general Chipsets

Genius43

(1) (2) (3) ... (8526) (8527) (8528) (8529) (8530) (8531) (8532) ... (9315) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ThatEdoboy and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.