Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,647 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (861) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9195238 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (858) (859) (860) (861) (862) (863) (864) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BeardedTraveler: 1:21am On May 25, 2017
Tnot:

I was doubting the PO in Ede still function. That means I won't have to ship to osogbo when i'm ready to place my order.

It still functions. You should use it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 2:36am On May 25, 2017
delvinmaya:
Abeg make una epp my life. This Female English notification no gree comot. @jboixx, pls epp
Settings > Additional Settings > Language and Inputs > Test-to-speech output > Google Text-to-speech output (click on the gear icon) > instal voice data > select the language you wish to disable > disable the download button.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 2:42am On May 25, 2017
dukeo:

Hmm, I guess my mistake was upgrading to 8.2.5.0
I don't think so. There are many things that contributes to battery usage, amongst are: phone usage, temp of your environment (when people de talk se their note4x don't heat up, I just de unlook cuz mine de do 40/41°C cuz of my locale that is very hot to the extent that mattress/sofa sef de hot but hardly reach 37/38 now cuz of change in weather), available signal strength, installed apps, no of SIMs active, WiFi or direct browsing (WiFi is battery friendly) et al.

So bros, no condemn your phone yet. Enjoy it wella
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 2:50am On May 25, 2017
oluwadamilare26:

Is the new update not cool?
Not about cooling cheesy but about the need to. I'm still on 8.2.4 despite the release of almost 3-5 updates after it. If your phone is OK with the present ROM, don't bother updating.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 2:55am On May 25, 2017
40manlappy:

I thought you said after the 3rd or 4th full charge?

How do I perform the SOT please?

Modified: It was @GrandMufti
Drop down your notification bar >
battery icon > battery use > hardware tab > screen.

Congrats o, but me no want "sachet water o" grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 3:57am On May 25, 2017
40manlappy:

I thought you said after the 3rd or 4th full charge?

How do I perform the SOT please?

Modified: It was @GrandMufti

I said that because you must have installed the necessary apps by then. wink

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 3:58am On May 25, 2017
princetom1:
It's a good thing we have a family here putting all our heads together, trying to crack this new nut that wanna break us. Yea, u already know, u will keep forging ahead, no matter what's thrown at us. Let's keep the faith and don't panic, we will win, this assaults. GrandMufti, are u gonna share this one too? I hope all these share no go land me for trouble one day grin cheesy

grin grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 3:58am On May 25, 2017
jboixxx:
Grandmufti de share well o. Make he just share me $ abeg or US Green card...this land don tire me.

grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by scotweezy(m): 4:28am On May 25, 2017
Apology to the house, I should have posted this earlier but this @vintino brouhaha dey weak man! embarassed I collected my Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (global 3/32gb) from the General Post Office along Airport road here in Benin this last monday after getting a call same day from them. Paid #500 handling fee. Funny thing is that I got another call for my tempered glass next day angry I still dey wait for case wey dem ship before the tempered glass.

Phone review
*The one issue is that I have not been able to deplete the battery cry embarassed angry (somebody should help ooo!!)
*The camera is just okay, nothing special. The lowlight images are seriously below average.
*If u have petite hands like my humble self, the size will take a getting use to (coming from an LG G2 user, mehn! I miss dat phone sha!) I think the Redmi Note 3 scores a higher point when it comes to handling.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Oworock(m): 6:01am On May 25, 2017
iliyande:

arrived since Friday and sold same day cheesy
the phone design sweet ehn

Please need your contact for what's app and nobody contact too. mine is zero 8 one 00 seven 29309 thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by damoskimovich(m): 6:26am On May 25, 2017
GrandMufti:

Let it drain out, then you charge it fully.
Ok boss! would try that out. Thanks wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vintino(m): 6:26am On May 25, 2017
nadalion:
@Vintino
Have you messaged the seller to ask if the item was actually shipped?
also I don't know but if the device in question is a Snapdragon Xiaomi phone then changing the imei won't be that easy so I'll suggest you track the imei IF THATS POSSIBLE. My Oga them, Gptech, Grandmufti, Rookidmart, is tracking of a new device via imei possible?(these question is based on the fact that he saw the phone carton).
One is Zuk Z2 and the other xiaomi... Oga Gptech, Rookidmart, Grandmufti please come and help out I can get the imei of the devices, cuz the cartons are here at d post office
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 6:29am On May 25, 2017
scotweezy:
Apology to the house, I should have posted this earlier but this @vintino brouhaha dey weak man! embarassed I collected my Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (global 3/32gb) from the General Post Office along Airport road here in Benin this last monday after getting a call same day from them. Paid #500 handling fee. Funny thing is that I got another call for my tempered glass next day angry I still dey wait for case wey dem ship before the tempered glass.

Phone review
*The one issue is that I have not been able to deplete the battery cry embarassed angry (somebody should help ooo!!)
*The camera is just okay, nothing special. The lowlight images are seriously below average.
*If u have petite hands like my humble self, the size will take a getting use to (coming from an LG G2 user, mehn! I miss dat phone sha!) I think the Redmi Note 3 scores a higher point when it comes to handling.

I use that Post Office too.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 6:31am On May 25, 2017
vintino:

One is Zuk Z2 and the other xiaomi... Oga Gptech, Rookidmart, Grandmufti please come and help out I can get the imei of the devices, cuz the cartons are here at d post office

You can request to have a screenshot and return it back to them
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 6:35am On May 25, 2017
vintino, forward me your mail addy.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vintino(m): 6:48am On May 25, 2017
jboixxx:
vintino, forward me your mail addy.
gmail.com
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 6:59am On May 25, 2017
vintino:

Vincen1@ gmail.com
.You can edit your addy off. Thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vintino(m): 7:26am On May 25, 2017
jboixxx:

.You can edit your addy off. Thanks.

I don c ur hand thanks alot
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 40manlappy: 7:57am On May 25, 2017
Thanks @Gptech, jboixxx, GrandMufti
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 40manlappy: 7:58am On May 25, 2017
jboixxx:

Congrats o, but me no want "sachet water o" grin grin grin

grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BluePearls(m): 8:02am On May 25, 2017
vintino any update? we dey pray for you, hopefuly your case will serve as a lesson to them not to tamper with our packages. Anyone pushing the twitter and Linda blog for you? At least one head must roll.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 40manlappy: 8:03am On May 25, 2017
@BluePearls

Someone has posted it on Twitter ccing some active handles. See the screenshot in the thread below.

https://www.nairaland.com/3818551/nipost-stealing-goods-please/3#56851218
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tnot(m): 8:05am On May 25, 2017
Theloveth:

Ede works that's my town. I have collected lots of items from them.
It's ma home town too smiley nice to meet you here bro

BeardedTraveler:

It still functions. You should use it
Thanks cool
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tunzi(m): 8:08am On May 25, 2017
GrandMufti:

I use that Post Office too.
I used it too, but majorly ugbowo post office wen am in sku
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tunzi(m): 8:09am On May 25, 2017
Tnot:

Thanks cool
Anoda Ede boy heRe(hometown) grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by donkafor(m): 8:10am On May 25, 2017
Mi Max 2 is here

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ebubemg(m): 8:11am On May 25, 2017
40manlappy:
@Gptech, GrandMufti, noobody, fibonacci2526

Please see a prompt for update on the first day of use. Don't wanna enter "one-chance" o cheesy

Currently on Stable 8.2.4.0 (MIUI Global 8.2).
update it, there is a little battery improvement in the update

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 40manlappy: 8:18am On May 25, 2017
Ebubemg:
update it, there is a little battery improvement in the update

Thanks bro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by delvinmaya(m): 8:25am On May 25, 2017
jboixxx:

Settings > Additional Settings > Language and Inputs > Test-to-speech output > Google Text-to-speech output (click on the gear icon) > instal voice data > select the language you wish to disable > disable the download button.

E no work o bro. After doing that, I restarted the phone and when it came back up, the notification came back again
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ebubemg(m): 8:25am On May 25, 2017
dukeo:

Getting this error while trying to downgrade as I need that rom in my life
you can't downgrade from updater app, I think u will need to flash the rom with miflash
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Theloveth(m): 8:29am On May 25, 2017
Tnot:

Thanks cool
Nice to meet you.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by acekid109(m): 8:31am On May 25, 2017
delvinmaya:

E no work o bro. After doing that, I restarted the phone and when it came back up, the notification came back again
check ur accessibility settings, maybe u have talkback on

(1) (2) (3) ... (858) (859) (860) (861) (862) (863) (864) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.