Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,006 members, 7,814,432 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8773) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9181199 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8770) (8771) (8772) (8773) (8774) (8775) (8776) ... (9316) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:02pm On Dec 26, 2021
Deathtk:
note8

Post the about section of your device.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Idrismusty97(m): 5:04pm On Dec 26, 2021
nani667:
MemeUI 13 with next gen bugs confirmed to launch with Xiaomi 12 with 28 December.

- All posters about stability, "more stable and faster experience"
- System optimized up to %26, third party apps optimized up to %52
- MIUI 13 for Pads version optimized 3000 apps!
what's the chipset? Snapdragon or MTK?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Viiictor10(m): 6:21pm On Dec 26, 2021
bobolarry:
Good morning people.

I just bought a new Redmi 9c 4+128GB few days ago. So I got a notification to update to 12.0.18. Please what are the risks of updating like loss of data, files and also will I get the gesture navigation bar if updated 'cause it's not on the current MIUI I'm on now?
Hw much did u get it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 11Anonymous(m): 6:25pm On Dec 26, 2021
Idrismusty97:
Nope. On normal circumstances every brand of the phone would be recalled whether it's good or not. It's your choice to take it there and actually use your warranty.
If your device is working properly, they won't repair it or give you any new phone bro.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Idrismusty97(m): 6:47pm On Dec 26, 2021
11Anonymous:

If your device is working properly, they won't repair it or give you any new phone bro.
Alright till then. Planning on going a month to the expiration of my warranty anyway. Still a long time if nothing happens.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jarchi(m): 6:54pm On Dec 26, 2021
Viiictor10:

Hw much did u get it

Update it, no loss or anything. I am still stuck with it same phone, let's hope we get the miui 13 early, cuz almost everyone has gotten their miui 12.5 update
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jarchi(m): 6:56pm On Dec 26, 2021
bobolarry:
Good morning people.

I just bought a new Redmi 9c 4+128GB few days ago. So I got a notification to update to 12.0.18. Please what are the risks of updating like loss of data, files and also will I get the gesture navigation bar if updated 'cause it's not on the current MIUI I'm on now?

Jarchi:

Update it, no loss or anything. I am still stuck with it same phone, let's hope we get the miui 13 early, cuz almost everyone has gotten their miui 12.5 update
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bobolarry(m): 7:49pm On Dec 26, 2021
#77000 at Abeokuta.
Viiictor10:

Hw much did u get it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bobolarry(m): 7:49pm On Dec 26, 2021
Will I get the gesture navigation bar?
Jarchi:

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bobolarry(m): 7:52pm On Dec 26, 2021
genius43
bobolarry:
Good morning people.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bobolarry(m): 8:00pm On Dec 26, 2021
What version are you on? And also hope the deadboot issue is not affecting Redmi 9C?
Jarchi:

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:10pm On Dec 26, 2021
bobolarry:
genius43

You have been answered. I don't get the worry on an almost 2 year old device.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:12pm On Dec 26, 2021
bobolarry:
What version are you on? And also hope the deadboot issue is not affecting Redmi 9C?

Redmi 9C don't have a deadboot issue
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jarchi(m): 8:15pm On Dec 26, 2021
bobolarry:

No, never, I am on 12.0.18
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jarchi(m): 8:17pm On Dec 26, 2021
bobolarry:
#77000 at Abeokuta.

Chai, our Forex is messed up, something that was 62 just five months ago
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by amnwa(m): 8:19pm On Dec 26, 2021
Idrismusty97:
Alright till then. Planning on going a month to the expiration of my warranty anyway. Still a long time if nothing happens.
It's people that like you that make them take Nigerians for granted .

How can you use a phone almost one year then when you want to change new phone ,you will now go and return it as defective.

If to say I go d Around dt place. I wil use knife and chase you. Your a very wicked person

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Idrismusty97(m): 8:25pm On Dec 26, 2021
amnwa:

It's people that like you that make them take Nigerians for granted .

How can you use a phone almost one year then when you want to change new phone ,you will now go and return it as defective.

If to say I go d Around dt place. I wil use knife and chase you. Your a very wicked person
Abi nau, The people who dump the defective phones on Africa are not wicked nau. Na me wicked. You think they would be complaints of deadboot in developed countries and if they was they wouldn't recalled every of the phone brands like it happened with Samsung at one point? Learn to use your right and insurance and don't let big conglomerate take you for a ride. One drop of kerosene in a soup can spoil the entire taste, It's their fault for making defective products not mine.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2016/09/15/consumer-safety-agency-plans-recall-of-samsung-galaxy-note-7-dj-citing-official.html

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:45pm On Dec 26, 2021
Idrismusty97:
Abi nau, The people who dump the defective phones on Africa are not wicked nau. Na me wicked. You think they would be complaints of deadboot in developed countries and if they was they wouldn't recalled every of the phone brands like it happened with Samsung at one point? Learn to use your right and insurance and don't let big conglomerate take you for a ride. One drop of kerosene in a soup can spoil the entire taste, It's their fault for making defective products not mine.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2016/09/15/consumer-safety-agency-plans-recall-of-samsung-galaxy-note-7-dj-citing-official.html

Xiaomi never recalled the Redmi 9t so you won't have a case.

What will be your proof to backup your recall claim?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Idrismusty97(m): 8:52pm On Dec 26, 2021
genius43:

Xiaomi never recalled the Redmi 9t so you won't have a case.
That's even worst, it's because they don't rate us. I have made three people buy this Redmi 9t and they are all panicking now. I have advised all of them that are close to Raya to go and return it whether it's good or not let see what they would say. As for me i will take my chances. Imagine someone in Niger state or Ondo that don't have Raya? Imagine how many people have experience it with no option to even redeem their warranty? On a normal circumstances this would discourage anyone from ever using Xiaomi again, But they don't rate us and our government.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:55pm On Dec 26, 2021
Idrismusty97:
That's even worst, it's because they don't rate us. I have made three people buy this Redmi 9t and they are all panicking now. I have advised all of them that are close to Raya to go and return it whether it's good or not let see what they would say. As for me i will take my chances. Imagine someone in Niger state or Ondo that don't have Raya? Imagine how many people have experience it with no option to even redeem their warranty? On a normal circumstances this would discourage anyone from ever using Xiaomi again, But they don't rate us and our government.

A phone will only be recalled when the ratio of defective units gets to a certain percentage and I doubt it did because most of the phones that had that issue were an earlier batch.

So if you are trying to play a warranty fraud on a false recall claim shelve it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Idrismusty97(m): 9:06pm On Dec 26, 2021
genius43:

A phone will only be recalled when the ratio of defective units gets to a certain percentage and I doubt it did because most of the phones that had that issue were an earlier batch.

So if you are trying to play a warranty fraud on a false recall claim shelve it.
Alright nau till then. Just the day my bro went to return his two more people came with the same phone same problem and your excuse is the percentage is not much? He went in afternoon, God knows how many came in the morning or the day before. Even if it's just 10% those are still people sweat. Now he is phoneless waiting for seven days. If not that phone is very important at this point i would have gone to return mine a long time, but i don't have spare fund to add to it now. I would be observant, any small pim i will go. Let me see the îdiots that will come and tell me i am wicked because i want to claim my warranty.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:45pm On Dec 26, 2021
Idrismusty97:
Alright nau till then. Just the day my bro went to return his two more people came with the same phone same problem and your excuse is the percentage is not much? He went in afternoon, God knows how many came in the morning or the day before. Even if it's just 10% those are still people sweat. Now he is phoneless waiting for seven days. If not that phone is very important at this point i would have gone to return mine a long time, but i don't have spare fund to add to it now. I would be observant, any small pim i will go. Let me see the îdiots that will come and tell me i am wicked because i want to claim my warranty.

All these your plenty turanci on Nairaland is just WD = 0. No one is a Xiaomi Rep here neither is Lei Jun or Lui Webling is seeing or is affected by your wailings.

If you like reply with your next long essay, I have said my piece.

Shalom.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Viiictor10(m): 10:00pm On Dec 26, 2021
Jarchi:

But Xiaomi no do us well o, we ought to have received 12.5

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Viiictor10(m): 10:03pm On Dec 26, 2021
To me Redmi 10 is not an entry level device

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Revelation4(m): 10:30pm On Dec 26, 2021
Viiictor10:

Hw much did u get it
I am on .17. I have not gotten .18 yet. I don't know how it will be
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 10:44pm On Dec 26, 2021
nani667:
MemeUI 13 with next gen bugs confirmed to launch with Xiaomi 12 with 28 December.

- All posters about stability, "more stable and faster experience"
- System optimized up to %26, third party apps optimized up to %52
- MIUI 13 for Pads version optimized 3000 apps!

It's getting stale, mate

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Praxtech: 10:48pm On Dec 26, 2021
Viiictor10:
To me Redmi 10 is not an entry. level device
To every priest a rosary
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 12:34am On Dec 27, 2021
Idrismusty97:
I would be observant, any small pim i will go. Let me see the îdiots that will come and tell me i am wicked because i want to claim my warranty.

There's no need sugarcoating words , you have a wicked mindset bro.
How can you use a phone for almost a year , them return it as defective when the warranty is about to expire?
Don't bother quoting me, cos I won't waste my time replying your excuses for doing so.
This is pure wickedness.
You are wicked, feel free to count me among the idiots.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Viiictor10(m): 12:46am On Dec 27, 2021
Revelation4:
I am on .17. I have not gotten .18 yet. I don't know how it will be
I've been on .18 for like a month now. Change ur settings to "Receive updates early"
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Auskyd(m): 1:10am On Dec 27, 2021
Idrismusty97:

Ride on bro.

Na thief you be, and you no just dey hide am. I love it lmao

I feel you jare. No mind people here. Just return it and get a new device sharply.

You too get sense grin

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Idrismusty97(m): 1:43am On Dec 27, 2021
Auskyd:

Ride on bro.

Na thief you be, and you no just dey hide am. I love it lmao

I feel you jare. No mind people here. Just return it and get a new device sharply.

You too get sense grin

I no kuku get energy for una again grin, Make una sha tell me when the next midrange Snapdragon phone dey come out sha.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bobolarry(m): 2:40am On Dec 27, 2021
My device is the 4+128GB variant.
Jarchi:

Chai, our Forex is messed up, something that was 62 just five months ago

(1) (2) (3) ... (8770) (8771) (8772) (8773) (8774) (8775) (8776) ... (9316) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: fyinka47(m), shedy03(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.