Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,828 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8991) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9222514 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8988) (8989) (8990) (8991) (8992) (8993) (8994) ... (9318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Silentmoni(m): 3:58am On Aug 13, 2022
genius43:

Sorry for your loss. If you bind the phone to your Mi account it makes it a little harder since the bootloader is locked. Just hope for the best.

Hope you disabled access of your control center from your lock screen? That is a big mistake people make on their devices
how to do that please...am using the Redmi note 10pro but I never get time go through the phone and it's functionality coz I have another Tecno CAMON I use mostly
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:13am On Aug 13, 2022
Silentmoni:
how to do that please...am using the Redmi note 10pro but I never get time go through the phone and it's functionality coz I have another Tecno CAMON I use mostly

I have posted that after this post, read through.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Silentmoni(m): 4:23am On Aug 13, 2022
genius43:

I have posted that after this post, read through.
I don do am already I searched through and found it...thanks though
There's one thing this my fone is doing oo
Sometimes when on call fone lights off after d call fone won't light on for me to end call until I had to press press or wait for some minutes
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:51am On Aug 13, 2022
Silentmoni:
I don do am already I searched through and found it...thanks though
There's one thing this my fone is doing oo
Sometimes when on call fone lights off after d call fone won't light on for me to end call until I had to press press or wait for some minutes

The proximity sensor is the culprit.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Silentmoni(m): 6:09am On Aug 13, 2022
genius43:

The proximity sensor is the culprit.
anything to do about it?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lilydore(f): 6:51am On Aug 13, 2022
genius43:

Share a screenshot to provide clarity
Here

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:15am On Aug 13, 2022
Lilydore:

Here

A Xiaomi device and do you have active data subscription on it?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:16am On Aug 13, 2022
Silentmoni:
anything to do about it?

Nothing really. The hardware manufacturer goofed and Xiaomi had to discontinue using them. Just forcefully restart from time to time it should get better. And also heep your device up to date as they have tried to reduce the occurrence with software fixes in the past.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Silentmoni(m): 8:43am On Aug 13, 2022
genius43:

Nothing really. The hardware manufacturer goofed and Xiaomi had to discontinue using them. Just forcefully restart from time to time it should get better. And also heep your device up to date as they have tried to reduce the occurrence with software fixes in the past.
This is another thing.... I have heard people say Thier phone developed one fault or another after updating......so I refused to do any update on the phone....how true is this coz I have refused to do any update.
After updating my CAMON to Android 12 it developed charging issues became selective of chargers I had to try loads of chargers before I finally got one it compatible with

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by JESSE2(m): 8:53am On Aug 13, 2022
4 months old redmi note 11s for sale,
Still new and neat,plus complete accessories and carton
100k negotiable
Location is delta state
O8O74383937
Serious buyer contact me on WhatsApp
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Deelaw(m): 9:00am On Aug 13, 2022
Silentmoni:

This is another thing.... I have heard people say Thier phone developed one fault or another after updating......so I refused to do any update on the phone....how true is this coz I have refused to do any update.
After updating my CAMON to Android 12 it developed charging issues became selective of chargers I had to try loads of chargers before I finally got one it compatible with

Waow! I'm surprised u don't know how to screenshot directly with you phone...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Silentmoni(m): 9:05am On Aug 13, 2022
Deelaw:

Waow! I'm surprised u don't know how to screenshot directly with you phone...
lol...why would I not know how to do a screenshot? I just didn't want to switch to the phone to send the pics
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lilydore(f): 9:18am On Aug 13, 2022
genius43:

A Xiaomi device and do you have active data subscription on it?

Camon device. No data. But I do surf the net with opera daily 50mb.. suddenly, it stopped.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lilydore(f): 9:36am On Aug 13, 2022
Pls how and what browser can I install on a Tecno T474 (small tecno phone). The opera mini on it is not opening some sites.

How do I install fox or Chrome browser?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:12am On Aug 13, 2022
Silentmoni:

Update your device.

You have a lot of updates to catch up on.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:13am On Aug 13, 2022
Lilydore:
Pls how and what browser can I install on a Tecno T474 (small tecno phone). The opera mini on it is not opening some sites.

How do I install fox or Chrome browser?

If the manufacturer could they would have installed it. Stop trying to perform a miracle on a feature phone that the manufacturer couldn't.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:15am On Aug 13, 2022
Lilydore:

Camon device. No data. But I do surf the net with opera daily 50mb.. suddenly, it stopped.

That is why that prompt came.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Silentmoni(m): 10:17am On Aug 13, 2022
genius43:

Update your device.

okay no wahala....after backing up do I need to preform any procedure?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lilydore(f): 10:19am On Aug 13, 2022
genius43:

That is why that prompt came.
Ohk. Care to share some data?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:36am On Aug 13, 2022
Silentmoni:
okay no wahala....after backing up do I need to preform any procedure?

No
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SirMichael1: 10:58am On Aug 13, 2022
genius43:

Update your device.

Good day bro. Please what is the best screen protector to use for my RN10pro? This one I have covers the camera and reduces picture quality, also, the feel is that great.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ev4real(m): 11:53am On Aug 13, 2022
davomaster:
https://bigota.d.miui.com/V13.0.12.0.SKFMIXM/miui_SWEETGlobal_V13.0.12.0.SKFMIXM_bb277eed1f_12.0.zip
@Genius43, please is this safe? I received the update on my phone yet I can't find it again.(it was about 300mb plus)
Also, I received prompt to block my theme app, now I can't access it when I click on it. Any ideal how to undo the block?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:05pm On Aug 13, 2022
ev4real:

@Genius43, please is this safe? I received the update on my phone yet I can't find it again.(it was about 300mb plus)
Also, I received prompt to block my theme app, now I can't access it when I click on it. Any ideal how to undo the block?

Hope you haven't installed all this useless security apps on your phone because MIUI security won't ask you to block themes app. That link should be the full ROM and that is Xiaomi firmware host link don't know what is unsafe about it.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:08pm On Aug 13, 2022
SirMichael1:

Good day bro. Please what is the best screen protector to use for my RN10pro? This one I have covers the camera and reduces picture quality, also, the feel is that great.

Even Nilkin covers the camera but have no effects on the picture quality. Consult Jboixxx for tempered glasses

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kikibanki: 5:12pm On Aug 13, 2022
genius43:

Hope you haven't installed all this useless security apps on your phone because MIUI security won't ask you to block themes app. That link should be the full ROM and that is Xiaomi firmware host link don't know what is unsafe about it.
Google play protect has been detecting the "Themes" app as a "malware" and advising users to block it in some Redmi and devices running Miui as of this week. I don't know what is causing this anomaly but a temporary fix is in the article below
https://new.c.mi.com/global/post/103913
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pharmtasy(m): 5:22pm On Aug 13, 2022
genius43:

It is Google Play Protect that is asking us to disable Theme app

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ev4real(m): 5:45pm On Aug 13, 2022
genius43:

Resolved. Thanks Kikibanki
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 6:04pm On Aug 13, 2022
SirMichael1:

I have Privacy tempered glasses for Redmi Note 10 Pro should you need that. Camera hole is there.

For direct call or message, Click Me
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 7:33pm On Aug 13, 2022

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by duchessvikki0(f): 8:39pm On Aug 13, 2022
Good evening everyone. I got an update for my Redmi 10C. Could someone send me the link for manual download? Thanks.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Newbie5050: 8:47pm On Aug 13, 2022
Is there a way to perform a nandroid or similar complete backup without a custom recovery like TWRP (which there is none for Android 11 or the Oneplus 8T right now).

I know I could use DD to dump and restore all the partitions, but I am unsure if this would work for the data partition cause it is encrypted. Cause I think the encryption keys are stored in the trustzone and can't be backuped or restored?

Do anyone know of a solution? Would be nice to have a good working backup to fall back to in case I break something when I start modifying the device more.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tellsblinks(m): 11:26pm On Aug 13, 2022
Please how can I fix these?? I noticed it recently.

I noticed that I have to call 180 before the webpages starts loading. I use MTN

(1) (2) (3) ... (8988) (8989) (8990) (8991) (8992) (8993) (8994) ... (9318) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.