Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:00 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (9148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9175834 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9145) (9146) (9147) (9148) (9149) (9150) (9151) ... (9316) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:55pm On Apr 03, 2023
blaquemyc:
Good evenin bosses in the house. I tried to manually update my redmi9t. After downloading the zip file, i chose manual update, chose the package - the package was successfully decrypted and i was prompted to press '' reboot and update''. The phone shut down and is not rebooting again.
Is this the infamous deadboot or is my device gone? Pls help me out guys. Fever don dey worry me already laiso.

Cc
genius43 atheistandproud

Most likely deadboot
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by blaquemyc: 5:16pm On Apr 03, 2023
genius43:

Most likely deadboot
I sincerely hope so, cuz i just spent 19k to replace the screen this past Saturday. E go too pain me if what went wrong is worse than deadboot.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 23jerryking(m): 5:50pm On Apr 03, 2023
Gmajor:

Poco launcher.

It blends perfectly with the phone and you won't even notice that you're using a launcher.
It also separates the home screen and menu
Okay thanks so much sir
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by zyphr(m): 7:05pm On Apr 03, 2023
blaquemyc:
Good evenin bosses in the house. I tried to manually update my redmi9t. After downloading the zip file, i chose manual update, chose the package - the package was successfully decrypted and i was prompted to press '' reboot and update''. The phone shut down and is not rebooting again.
Is this the infamous deadboot or is my device gone? Pls help me out guys. Fever don dey worry me already laiso.

Cc
genius43 atheistandproud

With all the deadboot issues you've heard, you still went ahead to attempt a manual update if 9t. You chop liver sha. I have not tried any update at all and I don't intend doing any till the day I change this my 9t. This month makes it exactly two years and no single issue so far. I won't use my hand to draw gbèsè for my haed 😂😂😂

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gmajor(m): 7:43pm On Apr 03, 2023
23jerryking:
Okay thanks so much sir

I tried to download Poco launcher on my note 12, but it seems like it has been discontinued.
I can't even find a good version of touchpal to use.
I'm so pained right now
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 7:46pm On Apr 03, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:

I asked a question Sir. If it's not, you simply tell me. A reply of yes or no doesn't take more than five alphabets

Please do not let it near wa, not talk of ter.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 7:46pm On Apr 03, 2023
blaquemyc:

Cc
geniu.s43 atheistand.proud

Igemburg can help.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by blaquemyc: 7:55pm On Apr 03, 2023
@zyphr, i almost thought my device was immuned to deadboot. After several reboots the cold hand of deadboot finally caught up with me. I dey feel small small headache as i dey so.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 23jerryking(m): 10:26pm On Apr 03, 2023
Gmajor:

I tried to download Poco launcher on my note 12, but it seems like it has been discontinued.
I can't even find a good version of touchpal to use.
I'm so pained right now
Omo play store said it can't work on my Redmi 10 C. I'm disappointed sha

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gmajor(m): 11:11pm On Apr 03, 2023
Guys I'm trying to sync some of the things in my phone to MI cloud, but I'm getting an error message.
Please how can I solve this?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Cyril009(m): 11:33pm On Apr 03, 2023
Xiaomi phones hierarchy is confusing I thought the Redmi note 11,11 pro,11 pro + 5g were the flagship devices
Just found out it was the The numbered 11,11T,12
Followed by the Mi series still confused sef can someone explain this to me
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by chatom143: 2:21am On Apr 04, 2023

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:31am On Apr 04, 2023
chatom143:
I got this yesterday, Redmi Note 12 Pro + 5G, 256GB/12GB Chinese version, and I'm still trying to figure it out. For someone who hasn't used an Android phone since 2020, it feels strange, but let me see if I can enjoy it. If otherwise, I will discard it and face my iPhone in peace.

Why did you get the Chinese Version?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:33am On Apr 04, 2023
Cyril009:
Xiaomi phones hierarchy is confusing I thought the Redmi note 11,11 pro,11 pro + 5g were the flagship devices
Just found out it was the The numbered 11,11T,12
Followed by the Mi series still confused sef can someone explain this to me

Was there anytime in Xiaomi's history that the Redmi Notes were flagships?

That is why when most of you are comparing Xiaomi with iphones and Samsung's you will be comparing Redmi Notes.

The current flagship phone for Xiaomi barring the release of Xiaomi 13 Ultra is the Xiaomi 13 Pro and the compact Xiaomi 13.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by chatom143: 5:59am On Apr 04, 2023
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Virusvetty: 6:43am On Apr 04, 2023
chatom143:

China.
he asked WHY. As in why Chinese version since there's global version already
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:20am On Apr 04, 2023
Virusvetty:
he asked WHY. As in why Chinese version since there's global version already
Especially considering the fact that a Mediatek chipset is powering that device
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 7:25am On Apr 04, 2023
genius43:

Was there anytime in Xiaomi's history that the Redmi Notes were flagships?

That is why when most of you are comparing Xiaomi with iphones and Samsung's you will be comparing Redmi Notes.

The current flagship phone for Xiaomi barring the release of Xiaomi 13 Ultra is the Xiaomi 13 Pro and the compact Xiaomi 13.

I saw the question and laugh wanted to finish me

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 7:35am On Apr 04, 2023
genius43:

Why did you get the Chinese Version?

This is a case of buying a dog, giving him a bad name just to hang him and then forward the idea that dogs are bad. "See dogs are bad, I bought one and it's rubbish, it's all Chinese, lemme go back to my cats."

This is not the first and certainly won't be the last. The Redmi Note 12 Pro+ 5G uses the same hardware universally but someone left all the English variants and bought a Chinese one.

Like our friends that year who went to buy entry level Redmi 9A and compared it's cameras to their Camon 19 Pro just to say Xiaomi has bad cameras and bad phones.

Wonders shall never end in Zamunda.

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by blaquemyc: 8:23am On Apr 04, 2023
UPDATE
After my redmi9t shut down (deadboot) yesterday, I decided to drain the battery 🔋 by pressing down the power button and using a rubber band to hold it in place. I left it like that for several hours. I could tell the battery was really draining cuz the phone was mildly warm as it would when in use for an extended period.
I woke up at 2:30am, removed the band I used to hold down the power button and tried to power up the device, lo and behold the phone powered up and started running the update.
My redmi9t is now up and running.

8 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by blaquemyc: 8:29am On Apr 04, 2023
My only issue now is that the screen sometimes presses itself, as in, trying to open an app but another app gets opened instead or another letter letter being pressed when typing. Pls your input will be appreciated in solving this issue.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Broskyjames: 8:36am On Apr 04, 2023
blaquemyc:
UPDATE
After my redmi9t shut down (deadboot) yesterday, I decided to drain the battery 🔋 by pressing down the power button and using a rubber band to hold it in place. I left it like that for several hours. I could tell the battery was really draining cuz the phone was mildly warm as it would when in use for an extended period.
I woke up at 2:30am, removed the band I used to hold down the power button and tried to power up the device, lo and behold the phone powered up and started running the update.
The thing is the deadboot is most certainly likely to happen again, for you are still under warranty, i will advice you take it to Raya Care for a fix, and if not, follow the numerous tutorials on YT on how to solve it to save you the hassle.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 8:36am On Apr 04, 2023
blaquemyc:
My only issue now is that the screen sometimes presses itself, as in, trying to open an app but another app gets opened instead or another letter letter being pressed when typing. Pls your input will be appreciated in solving this issue.

I for say force restart but I dey fear for boot loop again
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Broskyjames: 8:39am On Apr 04, 2023
blaquemyc:
This is "Ghost touch" and numerous things can cause this and i just re-up on your comment that you recently fixed the screen so that's the likely culprit, so take it back to the person that fixed it for checks.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 8:45am On Apr 04, 2023
chatom143:
I got this yesterday, Redmi Note 12 Pro+ 5G, 256GB/12GB Chinese version, and I'm still trying to figure it out. For someone who hasn't used an Android phone since 2020, it feels strange, but let me see if I can enjoy it. If otherwise, I will discard it and face my iPhone in peace.

Why did you get a Chinese variant ? Did they flash a global ROM on it before sending it down ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 8:45am On Apr 04, 2023
Meister:

Why did you get a Chinese variant ? Did they flash a global ROM on it before sending it down ?

Apparently not

He's going to worry about

1 Network bands as the Chinese variant may lack support for some of our local bands

2. Google wahala

3. Some apps may not work properly or even at all
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 8:55am On Apr 04, 2023
chatom143:

Nothing.
don't later complain of any network issues oo
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by chatom143: 9:37am On Apr 04, 2023

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by blaquemyc: 9:39am On Apr 04, 2023
Broskyjames:
This is "Ghost touch" and numerous things can cause this and i just re-up on your comment that you recently fixed the screen so that's the likely culprit, so take it back to the person that fixed it for checks.
I will take it back to him, is there anything I should tell him to do?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by chatom143: 9:39am On Apr 04, 2023

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:41am On Apr 04, 2023
blaquemyc:
UPDATE

Your village people have had mercy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by aronski(m): 1:30pm On Apr 04, 2023
I love this phone and it's specs, I will love to know if it will hit Global market pls

(1) (2) (3) ... (9145) (9146) (9147) (9148) (9149) (9150) (9151) ... (9316) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.