Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,084 members, 7,811,043 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:27 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (9251) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9167947 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9248) (9249) (9250) (9251) (9252) (9253) (9254) ... (9315) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by t33why: 3:59pm On Oct 23, 2023
funkyjms:

Well, I don't really believe pressing while charging affects battery tho. Spoilt USB caused mine.
Just like eteebanky said, no replacement will be like follow come. Mine no dey charge pass 98% after replacement.

t33why take caution. There are lot of substandard battery being sold on Nairaland. I will advise you order on AliExpress if you can.

I've had the displeasure of buying a couple of those, my favorite was one that fast forwards at 94%, you can literally see the ba3 running from 94 to 100 everytime.

I'd definitely take care to buy a replacement, but like you said it never'd be like the OEM
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Curdlebug(m): 11:42pm On Oct 23, 2023
Reliable Escrow needed for phone purchase please, can anyone kindly point me in the right direction?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IZUKWU(m): 1:48pm On Oct 24, 2023
Good afternoon all, i use redmi note 8, have been using the phone since August 2020. Recently the power button us proven not able to on the phone if the battery runs down, you will press tire. I have a question when i want to reboot or restart the phone when the phone is on, how do i restart the phone without the power button.
Secondly sometimes the phone just hangs, the face recognition will not open the screen ,the pattern drawing will not work, even if the phone is ringing, you can't pick it, how do you troubleshoot this challenges, it's already obvious to me that the phone needs changing but i will manage it till i can buy a new one.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by t33why: 3:02pm On Oct 24, 2023
IZUKWU:
Good afternoon all, i use redmi note 8, have been using the phone since August 2020. Recently the power button us proven not able to on the phone if the battery runs down, you will press tire. I have a question when i want to reboot or restart the phone when the phone is on, how do i restart the phone without the power button.
Secondly sometimes the phone just hangs, the face recognition will not open the screen ,the pattern drawing will not work, even if the phone is ringing, you can't pick it, how do you troubleshoot this challenges, it's already obvious to me that the phone needs changing but i will manage it till i can buy a new one.

Quickball to restart without the power button
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ovo200: 3:21pm On Oct 24, 2023
t33why:

Quickball to restart without the power button

Please what's quickball??
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Loneley: 3:34pm On Oct 24, 2023
Hi guys,

Is there a way I can resolve this without losing my files?

It refuses to boot beyond this.

The annoying thing is, I have no idea what caused it, one moment the phone is working great, albeit hanging a bit, and the next, this.

I appreciate the help

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by t33why: 3:48pm On Oct 24, 2023
Ovo200:

Please what's quickball??

Basically a ball that gives you quick access to functions that you put there
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Joshkid(m): 4:05pm On Oct 24, 2023
Loneley:
Hi guys,

The annoying thing is, I have no idea what caused it, one moment the phone is working great, albeit hanging a bit, and the next, this.

I appreciate the help
Stating the Model of the device is important!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Reminderz: 4:24pm On Oct 24, 2023
Loneley:
Hi guys,

I appreciate the help
nothing new, just one of numerous Xiaomi problems... visit calcare, ooh sorry, Raya care...

or force restart many times... if that doesn't work, lunch into safe mode, if that doesn't work, keep holding the power button like everything depends on it, if that doesn't work, sorry you might lose your files...

when using xiomi always prepare your mind for situations like this... nor be only transsion get problems...

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:19pm On Oct 24, 2023
Loneley:
Hi guys,

I appreciate the help

State the model. And I can see that the bootloader of this device is already unlocked.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Loneley: 6:44pm On Oct 24, 2023
Thanks.

It's a k20 pro.

Joshkid:
Stating the Model of the device is important!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Loneley: 6:48pm On Oct 24, 2023
Thanks.

It's a K20 pro.

Fantastic device.

It's been my second phone for years, and aside having to replace the battery, I haven't had any cause to complain.

Recent issue aside, obviously.

genius43:

State the model. And I can see that the bootloader of this device is already unlocked.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Loneley: 6:49pm On Oct 24, 2023
Thanks bro.

Reminderz:

nothing new, just one of numerous Xiaomi problems... visit calcare, ooh sorry, Raya care...

or force restart many times... if that doesn't work, lunch into safe mode, if that doesn't work, keep holding the power button like everything depends on it, if that doesn't work, sorry you might lose your files...

when using xiomi always prepare your mind for situations like this... nor be only transsion get problems...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:56pm On Oct 24, 2023
Loneley:
Thanks.

It's a K20 pro.

Fantastic device.

It's been my second phone for years, and aside having to replace the battery, I haven't had any cause to complain.

Recent issue aside, obviously.

Have you had any issues with the power button?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Loneley: 7:11pm On Oct 24, 2023
I've not

genius43:

Have you had any issues with the power button?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:58pm On Oct 24, 2023
Loneley:
I've not

You may need to do a factory reset.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Loneley: 6:08am On Oct 25, 2023
Crap, was afraid of that 😔

genius43:

You may need to do a factory reset.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 6:42am On Oct 25, 2023
IZUKWU:

Your problem is probably as easy as just changing the power button.
You can activate 'tap twice to wake up' from your settings so you can just tap twice on your screen whenever it goes dark.

Is your phone system apps updated ? And how much free space do you have on your internal memory ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Hkana: 10:19am On Oct 25, 2023
Hi guys, I noticed the YouTube app on my note 12 doesn't load comments. At first I thought YouTube restricted the comments but when I used my Samsung the comments were visible.

Any idea how to fix this?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Deeni131: 10:05pm On Oct 25, 2023
[quote author=Loneley post=126589603]Hi guys,

Bootloader already unlocked, are u in custom rom or stock. Press volume up and power till it shows the recovery, try wiping the catche alone. And boot into system.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:48pm On Oct 25, 2023
Hkana:
Hi guys, I noticed the YouTube app on my note 12 doesn't load comments. At first I thought YouTube restricted the comments but when I used my Samsung the comments were visible.

Any idea how to fix this?
Did you use same sim for both devices? It's obviously a network related issue.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:54pm On Oct 25, 2023
Loneley:
Hi guys,

I appreciate the help
Since bootloader is unlocked, as a last resort you can flash TWRP, download the recovery rom, then flash via TWRP. You'll need an OTG usb drive for this. With this way, your files will be safe .
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Hkana: 10:54pm On Oct 25, 2023
Gptech:

Did you use same sim for both devices? It's obviously a network related issue.

I connected both to the home WiFi
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:59pm On Oct 25, 2023
Hkana:

I connected both to the home WiFi
Well, still try with another network first. It's even possible it's a bug related to recent YouTube YouTube updates on your device. Only started noticing it recently on my device, though its only when network is not so good.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Omoapena(m): 11:49pm On Oct 25, 2023
Hello guys

Please, I'm a first time user of xiaomi product, just bought this redmi 9a brand new to use for few months but I don't understand the phone....

It doesn't support Google play service
It doesn't have Google playstore
The MI app store is written in Chinese
The browser is written in Chinese

Like everything is just in Chinese and I don't understand

Does this mean I can't use Google playstore on the phone?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by omasanbobo(m): 6:21am On Oct 26, 2023
Omoapena:
Hello guys

Please, I'm a first time user of xiaomi product, just bought this redmi 9a brand new to use for few months but I don't understand the phone....

It doesn't support Google play service
It doesn't have Google playstore
The MI app store is written in Chinese
The browser is written in Chinese

Like everything is just in Chinese and I don't understand

Does this mean I can't use Google playstore on the phone?
Of all redmi phones na 9a you go buy grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Loneley: 8:40am On Oct 26, 2023
It's stock rom, I'll give this a go.

Thanks

[quote author=Deeni131 post=126614927][/quote]
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Loneley: 8:43am On Oct 26, 2023
Sounds like a a lot of work 😬

Would probably have no choice though, cos it's important I rescue my files.

Thanks.

You guys have been helpful, as always.

Gptech:

Since bootloader is unlocked, as a last resort you can flash TWRP, download the recovery rom, then flash via TWRP. You'll need an OTG usb drive for this. With this way, your files will be safe .
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Omoapena(m): 10:12am On Oct 26, 2023
omasanbobo:

I just wanna use it for few months

What do I do concerning this stuff
It doesn't support Google play and I can't even use some apps on it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iamoyindamola(m): 10:18am On Oct 26, 2023
omasanbobo:

Is redmi 10 a good one because i can't access facebook and some apps are just loading without opening
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by martyns200(m): 11:38am On Oct 26, 2023
Pls, have forgotten how can i identify a new redmi phone especially redmi note 11 e pro 5g if its a global or chinese version without opening the phone carton

(1) (2) (3) ... (9248) (9249) (9250) (9251) (9252) (9253) (9254) ... (9315) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.