Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,754 members, 7,813,491 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:57 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (9272) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9178065 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9269) (9270) (9271) (9272) (9273) (9274) (9275) ... (9316) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:41pm On Dec 27, 2023
jelel6:

Hi Genius and @y'all. My Redmi 9 is stock on a boot loop whereby it will turn on, display the Redmi logo and turn off.

Holding the power and volume down button successful boots into fastboot and won't turn off this time until I manually power it down.

Holding the volume up and down keys together with the power keys boot to the recovery screen where I can select recovery, fastboot and normal boot. But selecting any option apart from the fastboot results in the device turning off and won't come back on.

Any advice and anything else I can do?

Is your battery health good prior to this?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jelel6: 1:52pm On Dec 27, 2023
genius43:

Is your battery health good prior to this?

Yes, the battery was healthy and about 80 percent when it got into the loop.

I've been trying to clear the cache or format the device in fastboot mode. But to do anything advance, I have to pretty much unlock the bootloader. But Xiaomi has tied the unlocking sequence as a feature that can only be enabled as a Developer options through settings when the device is booting normally into the OS.

I'm pretty much stuck at every corner.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SirNeroDee: 2:04pm On Dec 27, 2023
eteebanky1:

They already believe you download it from a Third party website
I don't get..
So if I can't update from the updater app, and try updating manually via a ROM I downloaded online (which by the way ultimately redirected me to Miui's "bigota-whatever" website), it won't still work?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:34pm On Dec 27, 2023
jelel6:

I've been trying to clear the cache or format the device in fastboot mode. But to do anything advance, I have to pretty much unlock the bootloader. But Xiaomi has tied the unlocking sequence as a feature that can only be enabled as a Developer options through settings when the device is booting normally into the OS.

You can try a service centre. Or contact Igemburg if you are based in Lagos.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by juliet131(m): 5:17pm On Dec 27, 2023
Please, guys, is it just me, or is anyone else also experiencing horrible slowness when downloading files larger than 2GB? It took me 12 hours to download a file of 2.38GB, and it affects the entire network. I've tried on different networks such as MTN, Airtel, and 9mobile. It wasn't like this before. Am I the only one?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by grudges: 5:29pm On Dec 27, 2023
juliet131:
Please, guys, is it just me, or is anyone else also experiencing horrible slowness when downloading files larger than 2GB? It took me 12 hours to download a file of 2.38GB, and it affects the entire network. I've tried on different networks such as MTN, Airtel, and 9mobile. It wasn't like this before. Am I the only one?
change the browser you use in downloading and see if it make a difference
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by juliet131(m): 5:36pm On Dec 27, 2023
grudges:
change the browser you use in downloading and see if it make a difference

I tried different browsers but same result
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by juliet131(m): 5:40pm On Dec 27, 2023
jelel6:

U can boot into stock recovery and clear the catche from there
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by davomaster(m): 5:47pm On Dec 27, 2023
juliet131:
I've had similar experience lately, especially on Mtn and Airtel. If I download a file of 1gb above it will download at a very high speed but immediately I try to download another file of similar size, the speed will reduce drastically. These network providers are up to something.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hbof(m): 6:26pm On Dec 27, 2023
Network throttling
davomaster:
I've had similar experience lately, especially on Mtn and Airtel. If I download a file of 1gb above it will download at a very high speed but immediately I try to download another file of similar size, the speed will reduce drastically. These network providers are up to something.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jelel6: 12:01am On Dec 28, 2023
juliet131:

U can boot into stock recovery and clear the catche from there

It won't go into recovery. It will only stay stable on fastboot.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jelel6: 12:04am On Dec 28, 2023
genius43:

You can try a service centre. Or contact Igemburg if you are based in Lagos.

Okay, thanks for the help.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IamawinnerIJN: 12:52am On Dec 28, 2023
Please my redmi 12c does not perform split screen

If I press for long to give me the split screen option ,it goes straight to setting (picture 2)

Please what can I do

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by juliet131(m): 1:40am On Dec 28, 2023
jelel6:

It won't go into recovery. It will only stay stable on fastboot.

May be the best solution is to backup and unlock the bootloader.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by juliet131(m): 1:45am On Dec 28, 2023
davomaster:

So it's not only me.. I believe the network providers are doing something intentionally. I know this kind of thing happens when u subscribe for an hourly plan. They would intentionally reduce the plan.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Newbie5050: 1:48am On Dec 28, 2023
Hello guys I'm also looking for original follow come battery for redmi note 8.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jelel6: 3:32am On Dec 28, 2023
juliet131:

May be the best solution is to backup and unlock the bootloader.

I've successfully unlocked the bootloader. I now get an error message about:
your device is corrupt;
press power button to continue;
Or phone will restart in countdown 5s;
Efuse blown: success.

Pressing the power button does nothing. The phone restarts again. That's the new loop I'm in now.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:23am On Dec 28, 2023
jelel6:

I've successfully unlocked the bootloader. I now get an error message about:
your device is corrupt;
press power button to continue;
Or phone will restart in countdown 5s;
Efuse blown: success.

Pressing the power button does nothing. The phone restarts again. That's the new loop I'm in now.

You should have followed my advice. You forget that your device uses a MediaTek chipset and the processes aren't as black and white like a Qualcomm chipset
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:24am On Dec 28, 2023
IamawinnerIJN:
Please my redmi 12c does not perform split screen

If I press for long to give me the split screen option ,it goes straight to setting (picture 2)

Please what can I do

How many GB RAM is your device?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Newbie5050: 5:34am On Dec 28, 2023
Pls redmi note 8 original battery for sale. I mean genuine battery
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 10:57am On Dec 28, 2023
Newbie5050:
Pls redmi note 8 original battery for sale. I mean genuine battery

Come to WhatsApp,

Cheers
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by omotolsy(m): 2:37pm On Dec 28, 2023
Request:

LG V60

or

An affordable good and inexpensive phone with above 6.7inch screen display.

Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Iceiscold: 3:23pm On Dec 28, 2023
Compliments of the season guys.. Currently using redmi 10c. One year old and it's working fine.. I need to change the phone and I still want redmi.. Please guys recommend another good Redmi for me

Budget 170-200k...

Thanks

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jonzingcaesar(m): 5:40pm On Dec 28, 2023
noobody:

Come to WhatsApp,

Cheers

Do you have Redmi note 9s battery available?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 6:07pm On Dec 28, 2023
jonzingcaesar:

Do you have Redmi note 9s battery available?

Yes it's available,come to DM
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IamawinnerIJN: 8:05pm On Dec 28, 2023
[quote author=genius43 post=127656929]

How many GB RAM is your device?[/quot

4gm ram
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kennyflyair: 8:24pm On Dec 28, 2023
juliet131:

On some cases, the website you're downloading from may have speed limits, so no matter how good network is, it won't exceed a particular speed.

Imagine you're downloading from such low speed website and your network is poor too. Double wahala
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:30pm On Dec 28, 2023
[quote author=IamawinnerIJN post=127669835][/quote]

The minimum requirements for split screen these days is 6GB RAM.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Donsheddy: 8:41pm On Dec 28, 2023
Enjoying my 13c 🕺
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Donsheddy: 8:41pm On Dec 28, 2023
genius43:

The minimum requirements for split screen these days is 6GB RAM.
How to do split screen im using 13c
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jelel6: 8:50am On Dec 29, 2023
genius43:

You should have followed my advice. You forget that your device uses a MediaTek chipset and the processes aren't as black and white like a Qualcomm chipset

Yeah, that'd be the best move but I'm Nitin Lagos. I initially passed the device to some technicians but they said they can't flash the phone.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tuneroxide: 11:12am On Dec 29, 2023
Any hope for HyperOS release in Q1??

(1) (2) (3) ... (9269) (9270) (9271) (9272) (9273) (9274) (9275) ... (9316) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.