Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,193 members, 7,845,933 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (968) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9389923 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (965) (966) (967) (968) (969) (970) (971) ... (9327) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by busuyi44: 3:49am On Jun 10, 2017
cokegee:
guys I need a bit of help, I have order like 9 items for like 2months now, I have not seen any of them and the Ikeja post office no call. the items can not be tracked cos is it not registered. any help please

Go and open dispute ASAP before AliExpress releases d money to d sellers. Next time buy from sellers that ship with Aliexpress Standard Shipping method, Singapore Post, China Registered mail post, Hong Kong Registered Post and Netherlands Post if you want ur orders to arrive within a month . Run from sellers shipping method, China ordinary post
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 5:04am On Jun 10, 2017
jboixxx:

It be like sey na me made mention of that MI 6 but no one was able to meet the condition! tongue

The condition again sir
wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 5:13am On Jun 10, 2017
gykes:

Please Park one side!

You didn't see where he asked for the name of the seller on Jumia? FYI, Superdeals is the name of the seller.... and so you know I'm already in business with Noobody and even planning on placing more orders through him Mcheeeeeew

Seems you just post without reading, all in a bid to sound funny Mcheeew

Is it the time for moonlight stories or what?
The last part is just comical just as if na today bypassing dey occur.
Abeg go c a therapist b4 it degenerates. You're obviously in malcontent, no thanks to the present economical woes of this country.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 5:14am On Jun 10, 2017
Protein0

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 5:20am On Jun 10, 2017
cokegee:
guys I need a bit of help, I have order like 9 items for like 2months now, I have not seen any of them and the Ikeja post office no call. the items can not be tracked cos is it not registered. any help please

Go to the post and check. Next time if you want a tracked item, pay for shipping.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 5:21am On Jun 10, 2017
tocynajani:

Please can we get proof... That's all...
And maybe an introduction too grin

Done already. Check the last few pages
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 5:23am On Jun 10, 2017
jboixxx:

Easy bro. He was just reminding you or calling your attention to noobody's deal. No offence intended, I believe.

May u b blessed jare bro.
See his reply to a lucid post.
But like a Nigerian adage says, an elderly running in a vegetation of thorn is definitely chasing sth if he's not being chased. lipsrsealed

I just wonder y he chose to take umbrage where there is obviously no need to do so.
I just tire for some ppl.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 5:24am On Jun 10, 2017
jboixxx:
Protein0
cheesy grin
O ti ye mi lipsrsealed
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by emaminaj(m): 5:53am On Jun 10, 2017
iliyande:

Yea
They've been super fast of late....Very impressive Ordered on the 30th also and it's already in Ondo state

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Baroba(m): 6:05am On Jun 10, 2017
organism3:
people using Redmi 4a Pls how long does d battery last

I will say 5/6 hrs, my girl has been using this device since December 2016.. Good screen on time, but it takes time to charge. If am in your shoe right now, na 4x I go buy. I have heard mentions of 15 HR SOT..

Talking of the 4a, the phone all of a sudden started trickle charging at a painfully slow rate, atimes it will just be stuck at 21% or less. And it doesn't get to 100% even if I charge it for 8 hrs straight.. I have tried all sorts of cable / adapters no show.. May be na to reset the whole thing, I went into recovery to see if I can clear cache, but the Chinese language come scare me, I quickly went back...phone was bought factory sealed ( pre order) from geek buying, before man come discover Ali.. any help will be appreciated.. forgive the long rant...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by busuyi44: 6:22am On Jun 10, 2017
[Vernee Thor E first impressions Premium Budget Phone] is good,have a look at it! http://www.xiaomitoday.com/vernee-thor-e-first-impressions-premium-budget-phone/ another super cheap phone ($100) from table of Vernee.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 6:26am On Jun 10, 2017
udemzyudex:

Being her first android phone I'll suggest u get her something here, I mean available in Nigeria..

In case you're not around to help, people who are familiar will assist.

#my2cent

Thanks..

I have been thinking about that...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sektion: 6:34am On Jun 10, 2017
Hello guys, planning to get a new device soon, and after Stretching my option I discovered Xiaomi Redmi 4a could be an option and within my budget, my location is Ilorin, what's the safest means of getting this device? I'm not familiar with online ordering from AliExpress n co, what's my safest options? (16GB ROM Version)
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by aeu1: 6:45am On Jun 10, 2017
Baroba:

I will say 5/6 hrs, my girl has been using this device since December 2016.. Good screen on time, but it takes time to charge. If am in your shoe right now, na 4x I go buy. I have heard mentions of 15 HR SOT..

Talking of the 4a, the phone all of a sudden started trickle charging at a painfully slow rate, atimes it will just be stuck at 21% or less. And it doesn't get to 100% even if I charge it for 8 hrs straight.. I have tried all sorts of cable / adapters no show.. May be na to reset the whole thing, I went into recovery to see if I can clear cache, but the Chinese language come scare me, I quickly went back...phone was bought factory sealed ( pre order) from geek buying, before man come discover Ali.. any help will be appreciated.. forgive the long rant...
Find a way & flash an original MiUI ROM.
Geekbuying usually installs their vendor ROM on xiaomi which tends to give a lots of issues. My REDMI 3S from geekbuying didn't even recognise SIM card from onset, radio, Bluetooth, etc refused to power on.
Only a flash cured all the problem.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Baroba(m): 6:46am On Jun 10, 2017
busuyi44:
[Vernee Thor E first impressions Premium Budget Phone] is good,have a look at it! http://www.xiaomitoday.com/vernee-thor-e-first-impressions-premium-budget-phone/ another super cheap phone ($100) from table of Vernee.

Huge battery with fast charging plus adapter thrown in, something Xiaomi could learn from...not bad for $100 but for me that low end MTK processor is a no no.. I will still take the R4X over this.. still a good device.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Baroba(m): 6:48am On Jun 10, 2017
aeu1:

Find a way & flash an original MiUI ROM.
Geekbuying usually installs their vendor ROM on xiaomi which tends to give a lots of issues. My REDMI 3S from geekbuying didn't even recognise SIM card from onset, radio, Bluetooth, etc refused to power on.
Only a flash cured all the problem.

Ok bro, I will give that a go today.. thanks man.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Wumiajokeade: 6:57am On Jun 10, 2017
Hello;pls i ordered from gearbest going to 2wks nao; so i mail them nd i was told its ought to be in nigeria by nao
Am in Ibadan so i used IITA pmb cos dats where i am workin; do i go to agodi post office or ask from my workin place
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by emaminaj(m): 6:58am On Jun 10, 2017
Sektion:
Hello guys, planning to get a new device soon, and after Stretching my option I discovered Xiaomi Redmi 4a could be an option and within my budget, my location is Ilorin, what's the safest means of getting this device? I'm not familiar with online ordering from AliExpress n co, what's my safest options? (16GB ROM Version)

There's always fun in trying to order yourself. Read this FAQ but if you still wanna be assisted I can help you order from AliExpress....Just hit me up on WhatsApp...

https://www.nairaland.com/post/53579932
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by emaminaj(m): 7:00am On Jun 10, 2017
Wumiajokeade:
Hello;pls i ordered from gearbest going to 2wks nao; so i mail them nd i was told its ought to be in nigeria by nao
Am in Ibadan so i used IITA pmb cos dats where i am workin; do i go to agodi post office or ask from my workin place

Weren't you given a tracking number?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iheanyi4u(m): 7:04am On Jun 10, 2017
cokegee:

Its quite normal with China small packet aka untracked orders. It can be your worst nightmare or a dream fulfilled. I Have gotten a package in 13 days and I have also gotten one in 2 months plus

As long as your buyer protection hasn't elapsed,you just have To continue taking your chill pills.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Wumiajokeade: 7:09am On Jun 10, 2017
Am not sure if there is a tracking number persay on gearbest compared to alli express but d person who helped me to order told me he mail dem dat it ought to be in nigeria was dia reply
emaminaj:

Weren't you given a tracking number?
not at all just order number what i wanna know nao is shld i go to post office in ibadan and ask or i shld ask frm my work place since i used dia PMB
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by helpfulposts(m): 7:16am On Jun 10, 2017
Femsmart:
I swear this video turned my Note 4X camera into beast. Everyone should follow the instructions to get better camera. Come knock me for head if your front camera no beat all other phones grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3umzVp2v6dc
Don't worry, na me won come knock you for head grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Opistorincos(m): 7:17am On Jun 10, 2017
Guys, come to my aid, I slept on my phone and now I'm scared, can someone please help me check whether the two speakers below the Redmi 4x are meant to be working cos right now only the right side speaker is working for me

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iheanyi4u(m): 7:23am On Jun 10, 2017
Opistorincos:
Guys, come to my aid, I slept on my phone and now I'm scared, can someone please help me check whether the two speakers below the Redmi 4x are meant to be working cos right now only the right side speaker is working for me

Lol you are safe. Only one side works. The other side is for mic
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by donkafor(m): 7:28am On Jun 10, 2017
If you think MI Max, MI Max 2 or MI Mix is too big for your pocket, buy this pouch and thank me later.

Loving 6.44" screen.

4 Colors Double carabiner pockets Bag For Multi Phone Model Hook Loop Belt Pouch Holster Bag For Xiaomi Mi Max 6.44"
http://s.aliexpress.com/7NFJJ7RJ
(from AliExpress Android)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Opistorincos(m): 7:31am On Jun 10, 2017
iheanyi4u:

Lol you are safe. Only one side works. The other side is for mic

Thanks a lot bro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by scotweezy(m): 7:36am On Jun 10, 2017
donkafor:
If you think MI Max, MI Max 2 or MI Mix is too big for your pocket, buy this pouch and thank me later.

Loving 6.44" screen.

4 Colors Double carabiner pockets Bag For Multi Phone Model Hook Loop Belt Pouch Holster Bag For Xiaomi Mi Max 6.44"
http://s.aliexpress.com/7NFJJ7RJ
(from AliExpress Android)
My guy! My guy!! Na wa for U ooo! Na wa for U shocked!! U sha wan give pple wey get this phone sha! embarassed
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by donkafor(m): 7:42am On Jun 10, 2017
For this Buhari period? grin grin grin
scotweezy:

My guy! My guy!! Na wa for U ooo! Na wa for U shocked!! U sha wan give pple wey get this phone sha! embarassed
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:42am On Jun 10, 2017
Gptech:

When you lose your phone, it's a miracle to get it back even with all these features, the real advantage here for me is the inability of the thief or any other person to use the phone again. If the phone is switched off, it's even worse because the phone will become inaccessible due to Mi Lock. Lastly it's not possible for the thief to turn off the find my device option, because Mi password is required to do that.

Yeah, I'm just trying to see how far xiaomi has gone with their security features, I know GPS isn't even so accurate, but they're trying.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tosinjay(m): 8:00am On Jun 10, 2017
Wumiajokeade:
It's better you ask your working place. Also isn't there a closer post office than agodi, i presume it's far from IITA on-like lagos that have PO in most areas.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Wumiajokeade: 8:06am On Jun 10, 2017
Thank you very much; i just discovered dia is one close to UI dat is not too far frm IITA;by monday i wld ask frm dm b4 going to d post office
tosinjay:

It's better you ask your working place. Also isn't there a closer post office than agodi, i presume it's far from IITA on-like lagos that have PO in most areas.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Medunah: 8:09am On Jun 10, 2017
Medunah:
Hey guys, is it wise to cancel a dispute if the seller says if I cancel it, he will send another one?? Cos my fear is that if I cancel it, he will crawl into a hole and stop replying.....NB: it isn't a phone

And, how much is a dollar now when using Gtbank?
So guys, the seller said I should change the dispute

Here s d msg......'alright, if you don't trust us, please change the dispute reason to "Personal Reasons" or "Shipping method was not as described". we will refund you soon, it is ok?'

I dont even understand the msg properly......is it safe to do that?

(1) (2) (3) ... (965) (966) (967) (968) (969) (970) (971) ... (9327) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.