Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,672 members, 7,813,241 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:15 AM

Woman Shares Her Own Sad Tale Of Domestic Violence - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman Shares Her Own Sad Tale Of Domestic Violence (1208 Views)

Woman Shares Amazing Testimony After Her Baby Survived A Freak Accident / "Stabbed Me In My Ribs & Fingers Before Swallowing Poison" - Woman Shares / Broken Eye Socket And Knocked Teeth – Lady Shares Her Story Of Domestic Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Shares Her Own Sad Tale Of Domestic Violence by Emmalez(m): 4:07pm On May 08, 2016
She left this comment on a post on Facebook where people were talking about domestic violence victim, Ronke Shonde.

source
http://www.reportnaija.com/2016/05/woman-shares-her-own-sad-tale-of.html

cc lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Woman Shares Her Own Sad Tale Of Domestic Violence by ronald4lif(m): 4:37pm On May 08, 2016
The problem with most victims of domestic abuse is that they are usually financially handicapped and have no source of personal income. They depend on their hubby for everything, even things as little as maggi cubes and tampons. Every woman must learn to be self-reliant so they don't have to stay tight in an abusive affair. It's obvious that the only reason this lady is still in this affair is coz she doesn't have any other source of livelihood.

It's debasing and beats common sense why anyone, regardless of their sex, would depend on another for their every individual needs. I have no pity for her and women of her ilks who hides under the umbrella of marriage to abdicate their life goals and quest for personal development while becoming a liability to their partner cum modernised vassals.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Shares Her Own Sad Tale Of Domestic Violence by MizMyColi(f): 4:40pm On May 08, 2016
Smiles cover a lot.

Many people go through a lot of pain, especially the domestic and emotional kind.

Sometimes I feel angry at them for being stupid to remain in such relationships.

Other times, when I conscious of my oneness with the universe and all things - I feel nothing but compassion for them.

Who nuh go nuh know.

1 Like

Re: Woman Shares Her Own Sad Tale Of Domestic Violence by Nobody: 4:42pm On May 08, 2016
This is why I say...

[size=15pt]Life has 2 sides, only those concerned would understand. Everybody on nairaland will be shouting feminist..feminist. Ppl don't know that feminist are women who have faced the other side of life[/size]

Ppl who have seen hardships like this are those I like to make friends with and not the kinds of pampered brats always making FP on NL. I respect ppl by the amount of travail and hardships they've been able to overcome and not by age. Bcus the domestic and emotional hardships some 25-30yr old persons are facing, some 35-40yr old ppl haven't experienced it.

I sincerely hope help will reach you soon Alice, especially thru ur facebook acct. Besides she keeps a bright look inspite of the knotty situation she's going thru..that's mature of her.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Shares Her Own Sad Tale Of Domestic Violence by Nobody: 5:07pm On May 08, 2016
MizMyColi:

Sometimes I feel angry at them for being stupid to remain in such relationships.
Who nuh go nuh know.
The victim said she's financially broke to help herself and awaits an helper

Its not all such victims that are to blame sister. Her hands are tied or can u allow her to come and stay in ur apartment with 2 kids or is she to leave d kids and just run away?

I sincerely pray u don't find urself in such a situation

4 Likes

Re: Woman Shares Her Own Sad Tale Of Domestic Violence by MizMyColi(f): 5:36pm On May 08, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

The victim said she's financially broke to help herself and awaits an helper

Its not all such victims that are to blame sister. Her hands are tied or can u allow her to come and stay in ur apartment with 2 kids or is she to leave d kids and just run away?

I sincerely pray u don't find urself in such a situation

Did you have a problem with comprehending the entirety of my post?
Re: Woman Shares Her Own Sad Tale Of Domestic Violence by Nobody: 6:54pm On May 08, 2016
MizMyColi:

Did you have a problem with comprehending the entirety of my post?
Of course I read thru, it doesn't make any difference
Re: Woman Shares Her Own Sad Tale Of Domestic Violence by babythug(f): 9:50pm On May 08, 2016
ronald4lif:
The problem with most victims of domestic abuse is that they are usually financially handicapped and have no source of personal income. They depend on their hubby for everything, even things as little as maggi cubes and tampons. Every woman must learn to be self-reliant so they don't have to stay tight in an abusive affair. It's obvious that the only reason this lady is still in this affair is coz she doesn't have any other source of livelihood.

It's debasing and beats common sense why anyone, regardless of their sex, would depend on another for their every individual needs. I have no pity for her and women of her ilks who hides under the umbrella of marriage to abdicate their life goals and quest for personal development while becoming a liability to their partner cum modernised vassals.

There are many facets to this matter of you want to be fair. She may be minimally educated due to no fault of hers. Her level of education may have resulted in her getting a low paying job where she can't pay for accommodation, school fees, feeding and so on. She may have had to give up her job due to pregnancy related illness. We cant say. Her family has turned thier back on her because they feel she made a poor choice which may or may not be true!

But we should have some compassion its a tough shoe to be in especially when.one can't just get out due to limitations like this.

I just pray she gets helps soon....
Re: Woman Shares Her Own Sad Tale Of Domestic Violence by kaziblake(f): 11:02pm On May 08, 2016
Hmmmm.i will check her on Facebook and chat her up
Re: Woman Shares Her Own Sad Tale Of Domestic Violence by Pidggin(f): 4:13am On May 09, 2016
You were something before you met him, don't ever think you cannot survive without him. I am not advocating divorce, i just don't wanna lose another Nigerian sister
Re: Woman Shares Her Own Sad Tale Of Domestic Violence by dare2differ: 3:58am On May 10, 2016
sad

Domestic abuse is kind of a process. Most times, the perpetrators make the victims financially handicap to lessen their power and make it harder for them to leave. Also, they would rather endure it than have their kids suffer. It is a complicated matter.

ronald4lif:

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Know If You Love Him Or Just Pity / What Do You Call Your Mum's Or Dad's Uncle? / Help Me Please! I'm Critically Depressed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.