Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,409 members, 7,843,208 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

People, Religion And Act Of Faith. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / People, Religion And Act Of Faith. (325 Views)

Trust God, And Act!. / Religion, People And Act Of Faith. / An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

People, Religion And Act Of Faith. by nnaemeka817(m): 4:39pm On May 08, 2016
PEOPLE, RELIGION AND ACT OF FAITH.... An evaluation of the present Christianity

By Onuja Kevin Nnaemeka

I certainly don't get it justifiable when people becloud their senses in the intrigues and artifacts of twenty first century act of religion and faith! Honestly, I hate it with undiluted disdain when I see that the present central messages and preachings within the Christendom revolves around building a world where people won't suffer and get whatever they want; as in the days of garden of Eden! The follow up here is for them to claim it with faith and watch while the miracles unfolds. Nonetheless, the today's proliferation of churches with their different biblical understandings, teachings and interpretations gives credence to the Karl Marx popular theory that "religion is the opium of the masses".

In a recent program granted by radio sapiensia onitsha on the issues of broken relationship and all that, a caller was on the same page with the German Economics'. As Marxism was that humans should be led by reasons and that religion was masking the truth and misguiding followers. Marx further opined that when one views society and life through the lens of religion, they are blinded to the realities of their life. the caller lambasted how the principal preachings of the today's churches centred on the sempiternal favours for the worshippers while the encouragement of hard work and challenge confrontation has been jettisoned. In furtherance of his opinion, I think it's high time we take cognizance of some of these prophet of doom; who have turned to be opportunist as regards the contemporary "make it quick" and "shortcut" syndrome. Hehehehe......

The men of God easily foresees a jeep, an American husband/wife, a duplex and things worths of golds and diamonds for someone who might not have been serious with his/her life provided they gives tithe and other offerings. The tendency of these scenarios in our diverse society is that people continue to wallow in self-pity to the detriment of the prevailing life challenges instead of rising up to take the bull by the horns. In another words of Marx, he said that if people are to know and understand the real world, they must give up superstitious beliefs because they have a narcotic effect on the mind,'.

I am not trying to doubt the power or the existence of miracles and prophesies; but it's high time people give a bold demarcation between the world of idealism and realism.. Furthermore, I had an interaction with a member of one of these new generation churches; and to much of my chagrin, he made it clear to me that he has no reasons to dash to the chemist and take drug supplements in times of ailments; stating that drugs are meant for the unbelievers and believers who are not yet "BORN AGAIN" lollllllllll!!!! Funny enough!.

In a particular newly-consecrated church I attended weeks ago, there was an appeal to make donations in support of the priests father's burial; and guess what! The burial ceremony will cost the church N800, 000. Even though the consequence of such obnoxious announcement was felt immediately as many people left instantly, one still find it boggling to understand whether churches are becoming profit-making organisation. In theses filthy situations, the congregations are normally cajoled under the canopy of "faith" never to compromise with their mindset and make heavy donations in return of surprise favours after math. I am not trying to say people should not make offering, donations and all that; but the bottom line is how such makings have made some to be too myopic, forgetting that we have realities and principles of lives and livings. I have been configured to live a life of the rationalist rather than the empiricist.

I am a Christian; and to the least of my knowledge about what is written in the scripture, James 2:15-16 says If a brother or sister is poorly clad and lacks food for each day, And one of you says to him, Good-bye! Keep warm and well fed, without giving him the necessities for the body, what good does that do? In verse 17, it summarily says that faith without good work is dead.

I was moved to put up this today prior to the fact that it has been swinging so long in my mind like a pendulum. I wish someone gets gets something straight to his head. Una weldone

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Boko Haram Terrorist Captured By CJTF With Cameroonian And Nigerian Mone / Fashion/clothing Market / VIDEO: “I Am Not A Huge Fan Of Gender Equality” Says Ooni's Wife, Olori Wuraola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.