Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

I Didn't Kill My Wife - Ronke Shonde's Husband - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Didn't Kill My Wife - Ronke Shonde's Husband (44123 Views)

Cult Threats, Jealousy Made Me Kill My ‘godson’, His Girlfriend – Suspect (pic) / I Did Not Kill My Husband'' - Chuks Okebata's Wife Finally Speaks / Autopsy Conducted On Ronke Shonde, Police Invite Alleged Lover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Didn't Kill My Wife - Ronke Shonde's Husband by martineverest(m): 8:43am On May 09, 2016
jadelyn007:
This man is telling lies, show us proof of her cheating or bad behavior!
I know get very well. She doesn't look like somebody that cheats... The man look aggressive.

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Kill My Wife - Ronke Shonde's Husband by greatness22(m): 8:43am On May 09, 2016
Sirfemi:
ar ur parents divorced
With all due respect sir, it will be mature if you ask a more sensible question.
Re: I Didn't Kill My Wife - Ronke Shonde's Husband by Nobody: 8:43am On May 09, 2016
For the first time I have not bothered to read before commenting.

In my opinion, regardless of what she said or told you, you have no right to murder her, attack her or physically assault her leading to her death.

Now she is dead and you are using the fact that she is no more to make allegations that we cannot verify. Note that she can be investigated even in death to know if she has such a relationship with anyone. Her call information are with her mobile phone service provider. Her movement in the so called Abuja can also be tracked and investigated. So let us be careful with the stories we paint.

You have the following count charges to answer for:
1.First degree murder
2.Resisting arrest
3.Defamation
4.Battery (past cases-as it is said that before now you abuse her)
5. Disruption of Justice
6. Fleeing the police

NOTE: IT DOES NOT MEAN HE IS GUILTY OF ANY OF THESE. HE REMAINS INNOCENT UNTIL HE IS TRIED AND FOUND GUILTY.

Now I will go back to read.

4 Likes

Re: I Didn't Kill My Wife - Ronke Shonde's Husband by 1miccza: 8:45am On May 09, 2016
Awoofawo:

While the husband labours in vain at nighttime on top over shine Toto! grin
Exactly!! You see say na trouble we men dey sooo??
Re: I Didn't Kill My Wife - Ronke Shonde's Husband by Sirfemi: 8:46am On May 09, 2016
martineverest:
Pure lies...i know the woman very well.

From his behavior whenever they came to church, he never sat with his wife nor carry his children... He never smile in church; always frowning... There was no connection between him and his wife

sometimes,I kept asking myself y such a beautiful woman got married to a much older man.. U I've always seen their marriage as slave-&-master marriage

I really pity her kids, they were fond of their mother.
will u smile and sit with ur wife i u find out she was cheating on u? do nt jump into conclusion do u knw what he was going through all those time or have u cared to find out y he does nt smile?

2 Likes

Re: I Didn't Kill My Wife - Ronke Shonde's Husband by wickedworld: 8:46am On May 09, 2016
I don't believe his side of the story, how come there was mark of violent on her body if he just pushed her at the staircase nd walked away.

A man that has been beating his wife nd just a push send her to her early grave this time.

All becuse he claim she hs been cheating on him, can he swear he hs never cheated on her since he married to her as a lagos boy he says.

Most men re cheaters nd if u can't tke it when ur wife cheat on u , you know wht to do rather than beating or kill

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Kill My Wife - Ronke Shonde's Husband by Nobody: 8:47am On May 09, 2016
All i will say now is , marriage is divine , it doesnt concern whether you had an early or late marriage ,
Re: I Didn't Kill My Wife - Ronke Shonde's Husband by poseidon12: 8:47am On May 09, 2016
skypeme:
If truely the lady has engaged in extra marital affair then she is very very wrong. You can't be cheating on your husband then still lives under the same roof with him, she was even explaining over the fone about the sex shed with another man and her husband heard everything, that's too bad, on a more serious note, no man would accept that from any lady, well I do not support the killing.

I believe that the man is telling lies. He is just looking for an excuse to explain why he killed her.
Re: I Didn't Kill My Wife - Ronke Shonde's Husband by tivta(m): 8:49am On May 09, 2016
This is why I love science, an autopsy will clear everything, to bad Nigeria is not fully developed in science...
Re: I Didn't Kill My Wife - Ronke Shonde's Husband by cr7lomo: 8:49am On May 09, 2016
1miccza:

My brother don't be a witness to what you are not sure of.. This might have been the source of the guy's unhappy and unsmiling disposition... Fear Women ooo!!!

After watching the movie" Gone Girl" I concluded that women are evil
Re: I Didn't Kill My Wife - Ronke Shonde's Husband by Sirfemi: 8:52am On May 09, 2016
AnakinSkywalker:

In my opinion, regardless of what she said or told you, you have no right to murder her, attack her or physically assault her leading to her death.

Now she is dead and you are using the fact that she is no more to make allegations that we cannot verify. Note that she can be investigated even in death to know if she has such a relationship with anyone. Her call information are with her mobile phone service provider. Her movement in the so called Abuja can also be tracked and investigated. So let us be careful with the stories we paint.

1.First degree murder
2.Resisting arrest
3.Defamation
5. Disruption of Justice
6. Fleeing the police

he will raise defence of provocation
Re: I Didn't Kill My Wife - Ronke Shonde's Husband by Jimi23(m): 8:52am On May 09, 2016
He will soon know how much of a lagos boy he is when gets caught eventually.
Re: I Didn't Kill My Wife - Ronke Shonde's Husband by kizbad: 8:52am On May 09, 2016
devour129:
you must be a sad sad person . You need a little sunshine in your life

i am not a sad person ...av seen what cheatn did to many men dat loved their wife..it ripped dem off..and i dnt wana thread words with u..so mind ur fkn biznes..dnt quote me again ur name is neither RONKE OR lekan

2 Likes

Re: I Didn't Kill My Wife - Ronke Shonde's Husband by martineverest(m): 8:52am On May 09, 2016
He said the woman doesn't go to church....pure lie.
I see the woman every Sunday until the last one. In fact, we sat together during Thanksgiving service on first Sunday of march.....she very popular in the church( rccg, destiny santuary, egbeda)

He also said his son locked the door.how can a boy of 4 yrs old be so sensible to lock the gate?

5 Likes

Re: I Didn't Kill My Wife - Ronke Shonde's Husband by Rockstar07: 8:53am On May 09, 2016
greatness22:
This is why I totally supported that South African Woman, who celebrated her divorce from the Beast she formerly called "husband" in a grand style.

Assuming ronke had a spare life, she would have file for a divorce. RIP ronke.

But some fools in that thread want women to endure a "wrestlemania marriage" angry

Now, to all those married ladies and those ones who are not yet married, please and please, relationship is not meant for "Endurance"
Don't remain forever with an abusive beast, Remember, you only have one life to live.

Thanks.

Chief, you didn't talk about the cheating aspect or do you mean she's doing fine in that aspect?
Re: I Didn't Kill My Wife - Ronke Shonde's Husband by 1miccza: 8:54am On May 09, 2016
cr7lomo:

After watching the movie" Gone Girl" I concluded that women are evil

Honestly bro,i've had personal experiences and wouldn't want to air my dirty laundry,guy fear "women" oo @ a point i began to ask if i actually would get maRried...

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Kill My Wife - Ronke Shonde's Husband by ststyreal(f): 8:54am On May 09, 2016
ghostmist:
marriage Don dey fear me...
if you see a couple together for 20years plus, such a couple should be given an award cos the toughest responsibility any man or woman could embark on is marriage institution.
Re: I Didn't Kill My Wife - Ronke Shonde's Husband by Sirfemi: 8:54am On May 09, 2016
AnakinSkywalker:

1.First degree murder
2.Resisting arrest
3.Defamation
5. Disruption of Justice
6. Fleeing the police

he should raise the defence of provocation

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Kill My Wife - Ronke Shonde's Husband by martineverest(m): 8:55am On May 09, 2016
Sirfemi:
will u smile and sit with ur wife i u find out she was cheating on u? do nt jump into conclusion do u knw what he was going through all those time or have u cared to find out y he does nt smile?
he phone calls will tell If he's saying the truth... Dat doesn't give him the right to kill his wife
Re: I Didn't Kill My Wife - Ronke Shonde's Husband by blueeyes1: 8:55am On May 09, 2016
greatness22:
This is why I totally supported that South African Woman, who celebrated her divorce from the Beast she formerly called "husband" in a grand style.

But some fools in that thread want women to endure a "wrestlemania marriage" angry

Now, to all those married ladies and those ones who are not yet married, please and please, relationship is not meant for "Endurance"
Don't remain forever with an abusive beast, Remember, you only have one life to live.

Thanks.
May God bless u,bless u byond ur wildest imagination.
Re: I Didn't Kill My Wife - Ronke Shonde's Husband by deebrain(m): 8:55am On May 09, 2016
Blackberrybabes:
The man who allegedly killed his wife and mother of his 2 children, Ronke Shonde in Lagos on Friday, has given his side of the story while in hiding. Lkan Shonde spoke to PUNCH Metro over the phone line provided by his in-law, Bolatito, which was confirmed by the police spokesperson, Dolapo Badmos. Mr. Shonde told Punch correspondent that his wife, Ronke provoked him on Thursday when she described how her lover slept with her in a hotel in Abuja on Thursday night.

Lekan, a depot worker in the Apapa area of Lagos State, said his wife of eight years changed after she allegedly started dating the general manager of a publishing company she worked for.
He said his late mother had warned him against marrying Ronke but he ignored his mother's warnings and still married Ronke, a decision he regrets.
He said the last time he beat his wife was three years ago after they had a disagreement, adding that he never touched her since then. He narrated...

“Since I married my wife eight years ago, she has never bought anything into the house. I gave her N5,000 on Saturdays and N3,000 on Tuesdays for soup. I also gave her money to make her hair.
“She was working with GTB as a marketer, but she got sacked three years ago. For that period, I was the one feeding her and taking responsibility for everything in the family. I would wash her pants, bathe the children and buy foodstuffs in the house. She later got a job with a publishing company owned by her uncle.

“But my wife changed sometime in March, when she started dating the general manger of a publishing company. My wife was going to the office from Monday to Sunday and she wasn’t going to church again, all because of this man. She called him ‘Eyitemi’ (My own).
“Last week Friday, she went to Abuja and came back on Monday. She never told me that the lover was there with her. I learnt later that the lover was there and they slept together in the same room for four days.

“When she came back, she didn’t know I was inside the house. She started talking with the man on the phone that he really had fun with him and I didn’t know how to make love. She again said her private parts were paining her.”
He said he confronted his late wife about the affair and she confirmed that she was indeed dating the other man.
He said he got angry and told his late wife to leave the house but she refused to leave.
He said that particular Thursday night, they had an argument over money. He said:

“It was around 9pm on Thursday. We had paid our nanny N20,000. Then we needed to pay our children’s teachers N30,000. I discovered she had taken N20,000 and when I asked her to return my money, she said she had spent it.
“I was angry because for the past three months, she didn’t allow me to have sex with her. I pushed her hand away from me on the staircase and I left her. She never tumbled or fell. In fact that night, I bought the food that we both ate because she said she didn’t want to cook.
“I didn’t know anything had happened to her until Friday when I saw her on the staircase. I thought she was still pretending. I just left her and walked away.”

When he was asked why he shut the gate against his children, he denied doing so, adding that it was his son who closed that gate after the he left the house.
Lekan also denied taking his late wife's phone, he said he left it on the bed.
He said he didn't kill his wife and that he had no motive to do so, stating that he had bought her two cars and always provided everything she needed.

He said, “Jide, her family’s second child lived with me for three to four years. Their eldest daughter, Bolatito, has lived with me too.
“Although I am not a saint, I don’t drink, I don’t smoke. I am a responsible man. The problem with my wife was that she was temperamental. She shouted at me whenever she talked.
I am a Lagos boy and I can be in this Lagos for the next 30 years and nobody would see me.
The aunt of the victim, Bunmi, explained that the suspect, Lekan Shonde, has been threatening suicide, but that they don't want him to do so becaise their mother had forgiven him.

She said, “Mummy is very sad with this, but she has forgiven him and does not want him to commit suicide.”
A family source said that Lekan had always accused his late wife of extra-marital affairs and that the suspect had frequently abused her. Adding that the police had been involved on occasion.

He said, “He always beat her because of his belief that she was into an extra-marital affair.
“The beating reduced a bit when the wife of her late brother who was one month pregnant before his death, moved into the house with them. She stayed for about eight months. She was like her saviour.”

http://www.punchng.com/alleged-killer-husband-speaks-hiding/

There you have it. Typical criminal remarks. You can't even show some bit of remorse.

3 Likes

Re: I Didn't Kill My Wife - Ronke Shonde's Husband by HaneefahRN(f): 8:55am On May 09, 2016
Sirfemi:

Don't incur the wrath of God on yourself. Do you know if what the man said was true and if the woman actually cheated on him?
There are some insecure men like that that always have the fear of their wives cheating on them. Most of these men are actually chronic cheat and so believe the woman must be doing so too and therefore continually harass her. I have a black sheep uncle like that, always beating his wife and accusing her of cheating even though it was obvious she wasn't , every little act she does was termed by him as being as a result of cheating. Thank God his wife eventually ran for her life.

And what happened to divorcing or separating from her, if truly she had been cheating?

3 Likes

Re: I Didn't Kill My Wife - Ronke Shonde's Husband by cr7lomo: 8:55am On May 09, 2016
devour129:
this is the reason I find it hard to come to nairaland anymore . So many people with fish brain ! Do I need to point out the holes in this story ? Your wife sleeps with a guy and you still want to sleep with her soon enough , he is more angry about the 20k than the infidelity etc . Which demon leaves his kids with a corpse let alone that of their mother ? I don't let my kids see me sad or cry talk more of with a corpse . Fear God man and have a heart .

U r the one with the fish brain here...read thru it again...he said she used to deny him sex , at that time he didn't know she was 4kin outside
Re: I Didn't Kill My Wife - Ronke Shonde's Husband by alobright17(m): 8:58am On May 09, 2016
ladyF:
All the scary marriage stories everyday sef angry

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again angry angry angry
you go leave?where have you been?
Re: I Didn't Kill My Wife - Ronke Shonde's Husband by Nobody: 8:58am On May 09, 2016
Sirfemi:
he will raise defence of provocation

That will be if the prosecution is sleeping.

Well, if his defense counsel is good, it will be reduced to manslaughter. He still has other charges which will add up to some years.

Let the justice system just bring out the truth. That is all we ask for. If he was truly provoked, then let us know. And let the law take its course without bias.

Where I fault him is the fact that he attacked her. If she claims she cheated he should simply have sent he away. Instead of all this wahala.
Re: I Didn't Kill My Wife - Ronke Shonde's Husband by greatness22(m): 8:58am On May 09, 2016
Rockstar07:

Chief, you didn't talk about the cheating aspect or do you mean she's doing fine in that aspect?
Lol, baba, were is the evidence to back your claim that she's cheating?

Thanks for the title though. wink
Re: I Didn't Kill My Wife - Ronke Shonde's Husband by devour129: 8:59am On May 09, 2016
kizbad:

i am not a sad person ...av seen what cheatn did to many men dat loved their wife..it ripped dem off..and i dnt wana thread words with u..so mind ur fkn biznes..dnt quote me again ur name is neither RONKE OR lekan
no one has the right to take a life no matter the provocation . If you don't have a sister one day you are going to have a daughter . Am sure you will prefer the man sends her back to you than take her life .

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Kill My Wife - Ronke Shonde's Husband by Respect55(m): 9:00am On May 09, 2016
epospiky:
hiding for what you didn't do? Who wouldn't believe u didn't do it.

See grammar

U can either say; Who would bliv u didn't do it, or
Who wouldn't bliv Dat u did it

Thank me later

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Kill My Wife - Ronke Shonde's Husband by Respect55(m): 9:02am On May 09, 2016
greatness22:

Thanks.

Ur bias conscience won't allow u to tell the women to respect their marriages n stop messing around

2 Likes

Re: I Didn't Kill My Wife - Ronke Shonde's Husband by efsy(m): 9:02am On May 09, 2016
As much as I do not support this man for his excesses. The best thing for him to do now is to come out from his hiding and hand over himself to police for prosecution. The truth is that their are elements of truth in his story though some areas were cooked up to make it favourable to him.Only the wise and experienced person will understand.
Some women are evil and it takes the grace of God to tolerate them,that's the truth.One of the greatest sin in marriage is 'adultery' and because blood runs in the body of every husband,It take the grace for a man to tolerate.
Lekan is Wrong ,accepted and should be made to face the law,I support, but let the saint among us cast the first stone.#notodomesticviolence.

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Kill My Wife - Ronke Shonde's Husband by greatness22(m): 9:03am On May 09, 2016
blueeyes1:
May God bless u,bless u byond ur wildest imagination.
Amen, Thanks.
Re: I Didn't Kill My Wife - Ronke Shonde's Husband by Odunharry(m): 9:06am On May 09, 2016
ghostmist:
marriage Don dey fear me...
lol... no too fear.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Customs Intercepts Cars, Rolls Royce, Bentley Others In Lagos (Photos) / Thief Who Stole From A Church Almost Beaten To Death In Lagos(picture) / Burial Photos Of Chuks Okebata, U.S Army Veteran Killed By Gunmen In Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.