Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,163 members, 7,821,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

Saraki’s Trial Won’t End At CCT, Says Melaye - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki’s Trial Won’t End At CCT, Says Melaye (16323 Views)

Photos Of Saraki At CCT Today As His Trial Commenced Again / Saraki, Orubebe ‘meet’ At CCT (PHOTO) / Photos Of Bukola Saraki At CCT Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki’s Trial Won’t End At CCT, Says Melaye by dre11(m): 8:07am On May 09, 2016
Dino Melaye, senator representing Kogi west, on Saturday said the alleged false assets declaration trial of Senate President Bukola Saraki will go from the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) to the supreme court.

Speaking after the Rotary Club of Ilorin conferred an award on him, Melaye said it was evident that the trial was political.

He declared unalloyed support for Saraki, saying many senators were behind the nation’s number three citizen.

“One thing I want to assure Nigerians is that the trial of Saraki will not end in the CCT, but in the Supreme Court and we are with the Senate president until we get to the last bus stop,” he said.

“We are with him up till Supreme Court. Our support for the senate president is total and undiluted. This is a battle of no retreat, no surrender.”

He also spoke in a manner suggesting that there will be a showdown with the executive over the 2016 budget.

The lawmaker called on his colleagues to ensure full implementation of the budget.

“What is more important is not the signing of the budget but its implementation. May we never see a situation where only 30 per cent of capital projects is implemented,” he said.

“I am using this opportunity to plead with my colleagues in the national assembly to make sure that our committees function properly and do a very holistic oversight and see to the implementation of this budget and pray that the executive becomes born again by doing the right thing.

“We look forward to making sure that the national assembly with all sincerity of purpose carries out monitoring of the MDAs to make sure that this budget is properly implemented.”

This is not the first time that Melaye will declare open support for Saraki.

Last month, he said only death would prevent him from supporting the senate president.

https://www.thecable.ng/sarakis-trial-wont-end-cct-says-melaye

Re: Saraki’s Trial Won’t End At CCT, Says Melaye by Massdamm(m): 8:09am On May 09, 2016
Discussion kontinue won bi yayen

2 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Trial Won’t End At CCT, Says Melaye by donTbone(m): 8:13am On May 09, 2016

Melaye could av only gone this far with Saraki cos he is gaining something from him.

Sorry... No likeness in politics but "what's best for business"

Ask uncle Akala, he knows better!

6 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Trial Won’t End At CCT, Says Melaye by madridguy(m): 8:14am On May 09, 2016
Time will tells.

1 Like

Re: Saraki’s Trial Won’t End At CCT, Says Melaye by Benjom(m): 8:15am On May 09, 2016
One day, this whole thing will be put behind us.

FOR YOUR CV & COVER LETTER NEEDS:

www..com/cv-samples

1 Like

Re: Saraki’s Trial Won’t End At CCT, Says Melaye by CACAWA(m): 8:31am On May 09, 2016
[size=18pt]I have found a solution to corruption in Nigeria[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5n1vtxVvXg&feature=youtu.be

1 Like

Re: Saraki’s Trial Won’t End At CCT, Says Melaye by ijustdey: 9:53am On May 09, 2016
another delay tactics that saraki wants to use to spend his 4years

time will tell because I see this man being disgrace out of office with the Panama papers loading and series of litigation on him

7 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Trial Won’t End At CCT, Says Melaye by kenbee(f): 9:56am On May 09, 2016
Someone else should have tell us this, Maleye can only be model to people of questionable characters

3 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Trial Won’t End At CCT, Says Melaye by Deen77: 9:57am On May 09, 2016
Senate rule forgery on the way with Panama Gate.

9 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Trial Won’t End At CCT, Says Melaye by slimpoppa(m): 9:57am On May 09, 2016
He will still loose.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Trial Won’t End At CCT, Says Melaye by MKO4ever(m): 9:57am On May 09, 2016
Now that the budget has been signed, I think Saraki's case is next on my list

7 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Trial Won’t End At CCT, Says Melaye by DONSMITH123(m): 9:57am On May 09, 2016
Birds of same feather.
Re: Saraki’s Trial Won’t End At CCT, Says Melaye by cuteraeh(m): 9:58am On May 09, 2016
Birds of a feather flock together.

1 Like

Re: Saraki’s Trial Won’t End At CCT, Says Melaye by nathandrake(m): 9:59am On May 09, 2016
We are very aware of the fact that saraki case wont end up at both CCT and supreme court. his journey its in the PRISON.

Now we know you have a bus stop which is the supreme court lets see if you will still be loyal to him when he enters Kuje prison

i hate when people say its political, will anybody harass him if he did not steal or lie?

16 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Trial Won’t End At CCT, Says Melaye by macino1(m): 9:59am On May 09, 2016
Sure, Why will it, when politicking is the only thing you guys does best at the expense of rendering quantity representation of the people and law making. "Chairman, National Association of looters"
Re: Saraki’s Trial Won’t End At CCT, Says Melaye by jeffizy(m): 10:00am On May 09, 2016
Dino never heard of the housefly that followed the corpse into the grave I guess.

4 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Trial Won’t End At CCT, Says Melaye by moscobabs(m): 10:00am On May 09, 2016
oloriburuku omo ale jatijati who voted this guy as senate sef?

Birds of a feather

3 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Trial Won’t End At CCT, Says Melaye by hazyfm: 10:00am On May 09, 2016
Shut up my friend
Re: Saraki’s Trial Won’t End At CCT, Says Melaye by rawtouch: 10:00am On May 09, 2016
orait
Re: Saraki’s Trial Won’t End At CCT, Says Melaye by wowmenow: 10:00am On May 09, 2016
time for Buhari to harmonise his government than making enemies everywhere
Re: Saraki’s Trial Won’t End At CCT, Says Melaye by DaBullIT(m): 10:01am On May 09, 2016
CCT Trial was just to strip him of immunity

This is a 10 season movie

1 Like

Re: Saraki’s Trial Won’t End At CCT, Says Melaye by Nobody: 10:02am On May 09, 2016
I think this Dino guy is an APC mole in Saraki's camp. I might be wrong thou... But Uncle Bukky should be careful about those closest to him.

Meanwhile... Check my signature cool
Re: Saraki’s Trial Won’t End At CCT, Says Melaye by Nobody: 10:04am On May 09, 2016
lol saraki don suffer.
Re: Saraki’s Trial Won’t End At CCT, Says Melaye by ArchiPelago1: 10:06am On May 09, 2016
An injury to one is an injury to all.. Nice one Dino

1 Like

Re: Saraki’s Trial Won’t End At CCT, Says Melaye by Nobody: 10:07am On May 09, 2016
Ok

1 Like

Re: Saraki’s Trial Won’t End At CCT, Says Melaye by murphyibiam15(m): 10:08am On May 09, 2016
donTbone:

Melaye could av only gone this far with Saraki cos he is gaining something from him.

slimpoppa:
He will still loose.
donTbone:

sorry for quoting u all....but i want to ask....WHY IS APC SO DIVIDED AGAINST ITSELF LIKE THIS?

1 Like

Re: Saraki’s Trial Won’t End At CCT, Says Melaye by mrbillz(m): 10:09am On May 09, 2016
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Saraki’s Trial Won’t End At CCT, Says Melaye by 5starmilitant: 10:11am On May 09, 2016
Apc house of commotion. cheesy cheesy
Re: Saraki’s Trial Won’t End At CCT, Says Melaye by rusher14: 10:11am On May 09, 2016
Dino has already pronounced Saraki guilty.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Trial Won’t End At CCT, Says Melaye by misscall247: 10:15am On May 09, 2016
if you within abuja check my signature
Re: Saraki’s Trial Won’t End At CCT, Says Melaye by 12akofe: 10:17am On May 09, 2016
Massdamm:
Discussion kontinue won bi yayen
dat is what day good friend

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Buhari Likes Caricature, He's Not Behind Arrest Of Trader - Presidency / Opinion: Four More Years Of Buhari? Nigeria Deserves Better / PDP Crisis: Party Leaders Plot Change Of Name, Merger With Smaller Parties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.