Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,736 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Was God Too Lazy Or Careless To Write The Scriptures Himself ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was God Too Lazy Or Careless To Write The Scriptures Himself ? (1073 Views)

Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves / Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? / How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was God Too Lazy Or Careless To Write The Scriptures Himself ? by banom(m): 3:19pm On Aug 13, 2009
I think why any one would say the scriptures are lies manufactured by men out of their own imagination, perception,condition, expectation and experience is that it was not God that wrote it himself,

if you ask a christian for instance, How does he know the bible is the true word of God, he will simply answer, because it was written with the inspiration of God,( and this is because the writers of the bible claimed so)

I dont see any difference between me writing a book now and conclude it with the claim, This book was written with inspiration of God,( the same God i am trying to promote with the book) and the claims of the Bible as an inspiration of God,

Now i am not arguing if the scriptures were indeed inspired or not, but it is obvious that the whole thing is quite doubtful and can be best concluded as a book written by men with unverifiable claim of " being inspired by the same God they are promoting"

According to the Bible, God is all knowing, he is every where, he created the whole world in just six days, and so on,
If he is all knowing , of course he should have known that inspiring the scriptures to some few men to pass over to other billions of individuals all over the world will only create confusions and doubts( as we are seeing from religious experience today) we have a tangible reason to refuse the scrpitures,(it came from men not God himself, men can be decietful)

Secondly , if God is every where, and he has seeing the endless doubts and confusions the i dea of inspiring the scritures to some few men have caused, why dont he appear to all men( individualy or collectively) and testify and give credence to the scriptures as his word, this is not only very reasonable of him, but of paramount neccesity,since men are in doubts, atimes i used to wonder, if God is runnng away or dead?( since the bible said man was created in his image and likeness, "man dies"wink

In addition, the Bible claimed God created the whole world in six days, does it mean that God ran out of resources or became too weak,lazy, careles or reckless that he did't deem it fit to write or create the scriptures himself, this is because i am very sure that if God had done that immidiately after creating the world, no one will have any cause to argue the authenticity of the scriptures, ( it is like SUNY electronis after manufacturing their products, they simply include USERS MANUAL to direct the user on how to use the product) beside God still have a chance to give the scriptures undoubtable credence, why not God give us the scriptures while we were still in our mothers womb, so that the person will be sure it was his creator that gave it to him ( all we inherited from our mothers womb are the blood of adam,his sins and the consequences of his sins accordin to the Bible) nothing positive, it means that before we even step our foot on earth, the bible has already condemed us.

Finaly , i made the post above because it is obvious that if realy God exist, the cause of all these confusion and doubts could be traced back to his own mistakes, and it raises a more complex question, can an all mighty and all knowing God make a mistake ? if he can, is he qualified to be a God ?

Personaly what i am seeing in the world today is no difference from an imagined world where there is no God.
Re: Was God Too Lazy Or Careless To Write The Scriptures Himself ? by muhsin(m): 3:24pm On Aug 13, 2009
Speechless. lipsrsealed
Re: Was God Too Lazy Or Careless To Write The Scriptures Himself ? by Horus(m): 7:53pm On Aug 13, 2009
You want me to accept that some omnipotent being created the world in 6 days and then rested?! God who just created the universe needs rest? And if he could create the world in 6 days then he could have done it in 5. If he did it in 5 then he could have done it in 4 days. If he did it in 1 day then he could have done it in an 1 hr, a minute, a second. No he wouldn't be bound by time at all. I can't accept that being as my god!. You have been programmed from a very young age. You have learned not to question anything that is taught to you, not even the obvious contradictions or things lacking plain common sense.
Re: Was God Too Lazy Or Careless To Write The Scriptures Himself ? by mchenry(m): 1:53am On Aug 14, 2009
The world being created in six days does not necessairly mean six earth days.
Re: Was God Too Lazy Or Careless To Write The Scriptures Himself ? by PastorAIO: 3:19am On Aug 14, 2009
mchenry:

The world being created in six days does not necessairly mean six earth days.

Or even any measure of time at all.
Re: Was God Too Lazy Or Careless To Write The Scriptures Himself ? by Tudor6(f): 12:16pm On Aug 14, 2009
I laugh! grin grin grin
Why didn't the bible writers write "And the world was created in no measure of time at all" - is that so hard?
Re: Was God Too Lazy Or Careless To Write The Scriptures Himself ? by symbee: 3:06pm On Aug 14, 2009
i think u 've had 2 much philosophy going on in ur life and u are trying to explain d 'phenomenon' god.in my own opinion, god 'preferred' people writing d scriptures so u know all these experiences can be experienced by you if you allow it. writing a full page of why god did this or that wuld not convince you.give urself 2 him witout holding back and come and share ur xperience.dont condemn wat u dont know.
Re: Was God Too Lazy Or Careless To Write The Scriptures Himself ? by Nezan(m): 3:37pm On Aug 14, 2009
May God have mercy on all atheists.
Re: Was God Too Lazy Or Careless To Write The Scriptures Himself ? by Nobody: 6:54am On Aug 15, 2009
@topic.
Now isn't this something to ponder upon.
How is it possible for a god to come down to earth and live on it for thirty something years and then fail to leave an incorruptable or everlasting manual for the people he came to save?
Why did he come at the time he came and not before? Why change the laws from believing in God alone to believing in God plus Jesus Christ plus holy ghost, and then do this after He says that He doesn't change?
And why rest? How can a god get tired and set aside a whole day, (a whole day!!!) for resting? Humans don't even need that much time to recover from fatigue.
And why would he fail to leave any specific set of laws about how human beings should live their lives instead of just asking them to have love for each other-and leaving them to take to conjectures in order to decide what to follow? Did he not know that it would inevitably lead to the formation of so many differing sects?
Lastly, and most importantly, why did he have to commit suicide to save the sinners? And why wasn't that suicide committed even before the first human beings were created? What type of god has perishable components? Even idol worshippers would never claim that it is possible for their gods to die.
Re: Was God Too Lazy Or Careless To Write The Scriptures Himself ? by banom(m): 7:53am On Aug 15, 2009
fellis:

@topic.
Now isn't this something to ponder upon.
How is it possible for a god to come down to earth and live on it for thirty something years and then fail to leave an incorruptable or everlasting manual for the people he came to save?
Why did he come at the time he came and not before? Why change the laws from believing in God alone to believing in God plus Jesus Christ plus holy ghost, and then do this after He says that He doesn't change?
And why rest? How can a god get tired and set aside a whole day, (a whole day!!!) for resting? Humans don't even need that much time to recover from fatigue.
And why would he fail to leave any specific set of laws about how human beings should live their lives instead of just asking them to have love for each other-and leaving them to take to conjectures in order to decide what to follow? Did he not know that it would inevitably lead to the formation of so many differing sects?
Lastly, and most importantly, why did he have to commit suicide to save the sinners? And why wasn't that suicide committed even before the first human beings were created? What type of god has perishable components? Even idol worshippers would never claim that it is possible for their gods to die.

That is a very big input, i wonder why when ever any issue like this comes out, the christians find it difficult to come up with any explaination.
Re: Was God Too Lazy Or Careless To Write The Scriptures Himself ? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Aug 15, 2009
banom, horus, tudor.

Let's now assume that the Bible was written by God Himself, up there in Heaven, and then he dropped it and gave it to someone who reproduced it many times many years ago. Would you believe it? No. You would say it's just a story concocted by Christians to defend their God.

Every single thing a Christian has to say can be countered by atheists (maybe not all atheists, but surely Nairaland's atheists).  One of the three of you actually told me that speaking in tongues is caused by a gas. On this thread, someone also said Christians believe the Bible is the word of God because the people who wrote the Bible wrote that. But Christians have also had experiences with God. Needless to say, you don't believe in healing for sick people, or hearing the voice of God. But Christians believe them - not only because they read it in the Bible, but because they've experienced them. When personal experiences confirm and match God's word, why on earth wouldn't one believe that the Bible is God's word?

Maybe you don't believe, but some people believe, not based on word of mouth, but based on personal evidence. There's nothing you can do to change that.
Re: Was God Too Lazy Or Careless To Write The Scriptures Himself ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:26pm On Aug 15, 2009
@ banom, and other unbelievers,

God actually gave you a user manual and the hard copy is inside everyone of us, our consciences.  Even though many of us have silenced it with our various philosophies, religions or ideologies which all dulls our ability to appreciate Him.  You still have no excuse, as God's creation, the universe and our planet earth and everything within testifies of the glory of God (Romans 1:20).  The ontological argument, the cosmological argument, the teleological argument, the anthropological argument, the moral argument, the biological argument, the Christological argument, the argument of congruity and the Bibliological argument show logical reasons why their has to be a Creator God.

Did you realise that God actually wrote the 10 commandments with His own fingers on tables of stones?  And for those of you who are in doubt as to how many days it took God to create the universe and everything within you should check out what God wrote about it in Exodux 20:11

"For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested on the seventh day"

God's word is clear and is not open to any man's opinion.  And for your information, God is still involved in the work of creation today, the new creation:

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold all things are become new." -- 2Cor.5:17

And for all unbelievers that don't believe that God can do all things, it is my plead for you to become believers in the Creator God, for with God all things are possible.  While it is impossibe for man to become God it is well possible for God to become a man and redeem us from the darkness that has clouded our hearts and minds so that we can see the light of the glorious gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ who is the express image of the invisible God. -- Colossians 1:15-20

So, with your conscience, if you can still hear it and if you have not drowned it with the noise of your religions and ideologies, try and answer the questions that the 10 commandments is asking, which are only a reminder of what your conscience has been trying to tell you.  If you can sincerely and conscientiously go through the series of questions in the link below you will find out that God has given you a conscience that is not biased and will alarm you whether you are right or wrong.

http://www.wayofthemaster.com/goodperson.shtml
Re: Was God Too Lazy Or Careless To Write The Scriptures Himself ? by banom(m): 6:31pm On Aug 15, 2009
mactao:

banom, horus, tudor.

Let's now assume that the Bible was written by God Himself, up there in Heaven, and then he dropped it and gave it to someone who reproduced it many times many years ago. Would you believe it? No. You would say it's just a story concocted by Christians to defend their God.

Every single thing a Christian has to say can be countered by atheists (maybe not all atheists, but surely Nairaland's atheists).  One of the three of you actually told me that speaking in tongues is caused by a gas. On this thread, someone also said Christians believe the Bible is the word of God because the people who wrote the Bible wrote that. But Christians have also had experiences with God. Needless to say, you don't believe in healing for sick people, or hearing the voice of God. But Christians believe them - not only because they read it in the Bible, but because they've experienced them. When personal experiences confirm and match God's word, why on earth wouldn't one believe that the Bible is God's word?

Maybe you don't believe, but some people believe, not based on word of mouth, but based on personal evidence. There's nothing you can do to change that.

@mactao

Muslims pray and they got healed, Hindus pray and they got healed, I dol worshipers pray and they got healed,Some people dont even pray at all and they still got healed, how can you reconcile that ?

You talked of personal experience and atheist always argueing every thing they are told , have it ever occured to your thinking that most us atheist today were former highly spirited christians before ( I became an atheist this year) even some pastors have converted to atheism, so what happened to all those years of christianity ? why didn't we have the experience ?

meanwhile can you tell me your own personal experience ?
Re: Was God Too Lazy Or Careless To Write The Scriptures Himself ? by banom(m): 6:49pm On Aug 15, 2009
@ OLAADEGU

According to you and your bible, God created the whole worled in six days by simply making ultrances like let there be light( and there was light) let there be heaven, let the waters go to one direction of the earth and it happened, let this and that happen and the happen,

You and i knows very well that if some one starts mentioning categoricaly every thing that we saw on earth , like ( let there be light, let there be heavenly bodies, let the earth produce grasses, let the see produce its inhabitants, let there be bight and day) and they appear the way we command, you will agree with me that it will not take up to one day for the person to mention all that and thus have them created ,

so how come it took a whole God up to six full days to do ? even to the extent that he got tired and had to rest.
Re: Was God Too Lazy Or Careless To Write The Scriptures Himself ? by Bobbyaf(m): 6:54pm On Aug 15, 2009
@ Horus

You want me to accept that some omnipotent being created the world in 6 days and then rested?! God who just created the universe needs rest?

Not because He was tired though, but because He wanted to set an example for mankind. I thought that was pretty obvious.

And if he could create the world in 6 days then he could have done it in 5. If he did it in 5 then he could have done it in 4 days. If he did it in 1 day then he could have done it in an 1 hr, a minute, a second. No he wouldn't be bound by time at all. I can't accept that being as my god!. You have been programmed from a very young age. You have learned not to question anything that is taught to you, not even the obvious contradictions or things lacking plain common sense.

Of course because you don't know God, you reason the way you do. Its that simple. God does things for a reason, so don't blame Him because you fail to understand the bible.
Re: Was God Too Lazy Or Careless To Write The Scriptures Himself ? by bawomolo(m): 7:36pm On Aug 15, 2009
Nezan:

May God have mercy on all atheists.

which God? there are way too many of these superheroes so please be specific.
Re: Was God Too Lazy Or Careless To Write The Scriptures Himself ? by mantraa: 8:16pm On Aug 15, 2009
Maybe he is talking about Krishna?
Re: Was God Too Lazy Or Careless To Write The Scriptures Himself ? by bawomolo(m): 8:30pm On Aug 15, 2009
mantraa:

Maybe he is talking about Krishna?

in that case, christians and atheists are doomed to reincarnate into this world as untouchables grin
Re: Was God Too Lazy Or Careless To Write The Scriptures Himself ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:01pm On Aug 16, 2009
banom:

@ OLAADEGU

According to you and your bible, God created the whole worled in six days by simply making ultrances like let there be light( and there was light) let there be heaven, let the waters go to one direction of the earth and it happened, let this and that happen and the happen,

You and i knows very well that if some one starts mentioning categoricaly every thing that we saw on earth , like ( let there be light, let there be heavenly bodies, let the earth produce grasses, let the see produce its inhabitants, let there be bight and day) and they appear the way we command, you will agree with me that it will not take up to one day for the person to mention all that and thus have them created ,

so how come it took a whole God up to six full days to do ? even to the extent that he got tired and had to rest.

Some of the early church fathers even believed that the Creator God created everything in only one day or in an instant. To counter this line of thought, Martin Luther wrote:

"When Moses writes that God created Heaven and earth and whatever is in them in six days, then let this period continue to have been six days, and do not venture to devise any comment according to which six days were one day. But, if you cannot understand how this could have been done in six days, then grant the Holy Spirit the honour of being more learned than you are. For you are to deal with Scripture in such a way that you bear in mind that God Himself says what is written. But since God is speaking, it is not fitting for you to wantonly turn His Word in the direction you wish it to go."

This is what the inspired Word of God says in Hebrews 11:3

"Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the Word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear."
Re: Was God Too Lazy Or Careless To Write The Scriptures Himself ? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Aug 16, 2009
@banom
Could you explain what you mean when you say "highly spirited christians"? Please go into detail.

(1) (Reply)

A Weeping Prophet / God’s Absolute Holiness / Doomsday Prophet Harold Camping Stole My Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.