Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,463 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

Why I Delayed Signing Of 2016 Budget – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Delayed Signing Of 2016 Budget – Buhari (52247 Views)

2018 Budget: Buhari, Osinbajo To Spend N1.3 Billion On Travelling / Why I Delayed In Signing 2017 Budget And The Deal We Struck - Acting President, / Why I Cannot Implement School Feeding In 2016 Budget – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Delayed Signing Of 2016 Budget – Buhari by olokeded: 2:15pm On May 09, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari has revealed why he had to delay in signing the 2016 Appropriation Bill into law.

Speaking during a radio interview over the weekend in Katsina his home State, Buhari assured Nigerians that his administration will effectively utilise available resources to turn around the fortunes of the country.

Buhari said, “We will do our best to fix the country. When the Minister of Budget and National Planning, Udoma Udo Udoma, asked me to sign the budget weeks ago and there were issues, I told him I won’t. But when he insisted, I told him if I assented to it and anything happened, he would be held responsible.

“He accepted and left. But when he had a second thought, he ran back to me and agreed with me that we shouldn’t sign it. It was at that point I heard of padding. The committees of the National Assembly removed our projects and replaced it with theirs.

“That’s was why we had three weeks to look at it. When he returned to me again, Udoma told me that most of the projects the National Assembly included had been removed but that we can go with the remaining ones since I must approve money before funds would be released for the execution of projects.”

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/05/why-i-delayed-signing-of-2016-budget.html

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Delayed Signing Of 2016 Budget – Buhari by kodded(m): 2:17pm On May 09, 2016

undecided undecided

buhari is a dulllard undecided undecided

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Delayed Signing Of 2016 Budget – Buhari by nnadychuks(m): 2:21pm On May 09, 2016
Until man u wins tomorrow I won't say nothing.. Tomorrow I'll either blame vangaal,wail on buhari or ill sai on buharigrin and hail vangaal

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Delayed Signing Of 2016 Budget – Buhari by krasican(m): 2:22pm On May 09, 2016
PMB=MAN OF STEEL

99 Likes

Re: Why I Delayed Signing Of 2016 Budget – Buhari by abdoul88(m): 2:22pm On May 09, 2016
We just hope the delay is for the Good of a common man and the masses in general. May God continue to guide our sincere leaders aright.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Delayed Signing Of 2016 Budget – Buhari by Pheals(f): 2:24pm On May 09, 2016
So the presidency and national assembly were joking with Nigeria matter abi!! U na well done o

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Delayed Signing Of 2016 Budget – Buhari by Mutuwa(m): 2:24pm On May 09, 2016
olokeded:
President Muhammadu Buhari has revealed why he had to delay in signing the 2016 Appropriation Bill into law.

Speaking during a radio interview over the weekend in Katsina his home State, Buhari assured Nigerians that his administration will effectively utilise available resources to turn around the fortunes of the country.

Buhari said, “We will do our best to fix the country. When the Minister of Budget and National Planning, Udoma Udo Udoma, asked me to sign the budget weeks ago and there were issues, I told him I won’t. But when he insisted, I told him if I assented to it and anything happened, he would be held responsible.

“He accepted and left. But when he had a second thought, he ran back to me and agreed with me that we shouldn’t sign it. It was at that point I heard of padding. The committees of the National Assembly removed our projects and replaced it with theirs.

“That’s was why we had three weeks to look at it. When he returned to me again, Udoma told me that most of the projects the National Assembly included had been removed but that we can go with the remaining ones since I must approve money before funds would be released for the execution of projects.”

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/05/why-i-delayed-signing-of-2016-budget.html

cc: lalasticlala mynd44

wisdom..
Any absurd chum with a pea brain should know that this man means business,but the Nat assembly are the real mischief makers.

135 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why I Delayed Signing Of 2016 Budget – Buhari by Ebubeslym(m): 2:26pm On May 09, 2016
I tire.
Re: Why I Delayed Signing Of 2016 Budget – Buhari by tuzeriouz(m): 3:08pm On May 09, 2016
I hope there are no plans to slow down implementation

4 Likes

Re: Why I Delayed Signing Of 2016 Budget – Buhari by Dmillionaire: 3:16pm On May 09, 2016
pmb abeg put d excuse inside ur asshole. certificateless, burukutu sipping man. You came and disorganised the economic system, and you are here talking piffling, while ur useless daughter is wasting our hard earned resources prostituting abroad, all in d name of schooling in London. thiefs everywhere.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Delayed Signing Of 2016 Budget – Buhari by kindworld(m): 4:24pm On May 09, 2016
Daniel 2:44.
Eagerly waiting for the fulfilment of this Bible portion. Then man will taste real and satisfying government!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Delayed Signing Of 2016 Budget – Buhari by Bassee(m): 4:45pm On May 09, 2016
Simple, you needed more time to check that your paddings were intact. And you got it! Now let's experience your "chainj!"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Delayed Signing Of 2016 Budget – Buhari by youngberry001(m): 5:28pm On May 09, 2016
kodded:

undecided undecided

buhari is a dulllard
undecided undecided

yea and d dullard gonna rule u over 8years....****

81 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Delayed Signing Of 2016 Budget – Buhari by STARGREEN(m): 7:02pm On May 09, 2016
Even to convey believable tails is difficult for him. Give us another story

5 Likes

Re: Why I Delayed Signing Of 2016 Budget – Buhari by ckmayoca: 7:05pm On May 09, 2016
All we wish for and want is success all the best as u start funding.
Re: Why I Delayed Signing Of 2016 Budget – Buhari by Stalwert: 7:14pm On May 09, 2016
Buhari fighting for all Nigerians despite the foolish amongst us keep supporting their oppressors.

27 Likes

Re: Why I Delayed Signing Of 2016 Budget – Buhari by vickylincon(m): 7:17pm On May 09, 2016
good. I think is high time wailers or anybody that hate buhari put hatred aside because 2019 is still far. rather, let join hand with him and build this country then if he isn't up to par in 2019, you can kick him out. But, you must also put your house in other because kora or apga may upset you. To my IBO brothers, I feel your pain but Nigeria love you and we don't want you to go.
God bless Nigeria

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Delayed Signing Of 2016 Budget – Buhari by youngeagle(m): 7:19pm On May 09, 2016
NAS and PMB should know Nigerians are suffering,they should stop all these child's play it Aint necessary.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Delayed Signing Of 2016 Budget – Buhari by Akshow: 7:39pm On May 09, 2016
“He accepted and left. But when he had a second thought, he ran back to me and agreed with me that we shouldn’t sign it. It was at that point I heard of padding. The committees of the National Assembly removed our projects and replaced it with theirs."

Thank God I voted this man.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Delayed Signing Of 2016 Budget – Buhari by frankobaba(m): 7:39pm On May 09, 2016
Merlin himself

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Delayed Signing Of 2016 Budget – Buhari by Dahkogrin007(m): 7:39pm On May 09, 2016
He his always speaking to hausa radio stations

5 Likes

Re: Why I Delayed Signing Of 2016 Budget – Buhari by englishmart(m): 7:39pm On May 09, 2016
na you sabi.

Meanwhile somewhere in Nigeria

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Delayed Signing Of 2016 Budget – Buhari by myners007: 7:39pm On May 09, 2016
The truth is that the President shell is too heavy for him to crawl with and this could only explain reason for the unnecessary delay in signing the appropriation bill. Nigerians are reaping the benefit of voting for a snail in a Jet Age era.
Word Problem Maths.
(1) If it takes Mr President more than 6 months to sign the budget, how long will it take him to implement it?

(2)If it take Mr President more than 4 months to form a cabinet, how long will it take him to bring about the much desired change in Nigeria?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Delayed Signing Of 2016 Budget – Buhari by GWMI(m): 7:41pm On May 09, 2016
Sir please the campaigns are over perform.You have gotten the mandate why running up and down talking without action?huh?The english man says action speaks louder than voice perform and stop campaigning and giving excuses.Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Delayed Signing Of 2016 Budget – Buhari by SuperSuave(m): 7:41pm On May 09, 2016
:-/
Re: Why I Delayed Signing Of 2016 Budget – Buhari by Firefire(m): 7:42pm On May 09, 2016
Baba slow motion... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why I Delayed Signing Of 2016 Budget – Buhari by hakeem4(m): 7:42pm On May 09, 2016
Sai baba

1 Like

Re: Why I Delayed Signing Of 2016 Budget – Buhari by Caseless: 7:43pm On May 09, 2016
Good

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Okorocha Greets Obasanjo As They Meet In Abeokuta (Photos) / "I Now Look Like 60-Year-Old Man While I Am 40, Nigeria Frustrated Me" (Video) / Darah: Threat To Withdraw Northern Food Supplies To Rivers, A Welcome Challenge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.