Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,575 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

Army Storms Oporoza As Militants Plan To Bomb Abuja, Lagos, PH, Calabar - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Storms Oporoza As Militants Plan To Bomb Abuja, Lagos, PH, Calabar (43871 Views)

Military Raids Tompolo's Home In Oporoza, Delta State / Soldiers Shoot At Random In Oporoza, Warri, Delta State / Military Storms Oporoza, Niger-Delta In Warships Searching For Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Storms Oporoza As Militants Plan To Bomb Abuja, Lagos, PH, Calabar by proxillin(m): 7:10am On May 10, 2016
They only have one demand.

Leave PDP corruption alone.

PDP holding Nigeria to Ransom for 16 years.

PDP boko haram is failing, then they installed Fulanis and Avengers.

PDP is a curse.
Re: Army Storms Oporoza As Militants Plan To Bomb Abuja, Lagos, PH, Calabar by Rainbow07(m): 7:26am On May 10, 2016
Boko Haram...Fulani herdsmen...Niger delta avengers.only God knows what next.
Re: Army Storms Oporoza As Militants Plan To Bomb Abuja, Lagos, PH, Calabar by Donazzy19: 7:36am On May 10, 2016
When army start dealing with these people ,amnesty international will come.Buhari is doing very well.let them blow pipelines after we use urine to generate electricity.
Re: Army Storms Oporoza As Militants Plan To Bomb Abuja, Lagos, PH, Calabar by delishpot: 7:37am On May 10, 2016
TheFreeOne:

Support criminals? You are just trying to be smart by jumping to conclusions.

The reality is that our 36 states structure is no longer sustainable by 'oil'. The early we take the bull by the horn and restructure this fraudulent entity for genuine development the better for us all.

Unfortunately greedy elites/politicians and their hanger-on won't allow such, hence our going around in circles doing same thing that never helped.

Over 5 decades of independence and we are still talking light, fuel, roads, salary. Is that not a fact that the old ways had failed us?

Even still begging for mosquito net for their own people.

1 Like

Re: Army Storms Oporoza As Militants Plan To Bomb Abuja, Lagos, PH, Calabar by lereinter(m): 8:05am On May 10, 2016
Thewrath:
In this country,ordinary pipeline is more important than human life.

Modified:for those quoting me,no be who dey alive dey use light and fuel?
Do the dead use light and fuel?
How would those killed by herdsmen in Enugu and other parts now use the fuel and light(that it's price is to now sell over #100).

both herdsmen and pipeline vandals ve committed the same offence in different ways
Re: Army Storms Oporoza As Militants Plan To Bomb Abuja, Lagos, PH, Calabar by tonyxxx(m): 8:22am On May 10, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
any community that allow and hide millitant wil be level down, no mercy for millitant, boko haram,fulani herdsmen,kidnappers,ipod and corrupt politicians.

yes no mercy for criminals,but u cant label the whole oporoza people as militants,the same mistake was made in odi & odioma villages. Innocent lives were lost because our security agencies could not be patient enough to carry out proper investigation.
Re: Army Storms Oporoza As Militants Plan To Bomb Abuja, Lagos, PH, Calabar by tonyxxx(m): 8:35am On May 10, 2016
marlockj:

Plz tell Hw they disturb them?
Would you remain unperturbed if fully armed millitary commandos come knocking on your door/community in middle of the night,asking questions with an arsenal of assorted wepons pointed at u all the while. Even their traditional ruler was scared to sh*ts...
Re: Army Storms Oporoza As Militants Plan To Bomb Abuja, Lagos, PH, Calabar by barcaboi(m): 8:37am On May 10, 2016
GANJAFARMER:
Here goes another unintelligent mind feeling fly.
My history taught me that for every civil genuine uprising you'll always have criminals and profiteers hijacking it but that still won't kill the consciousness and awareness that has been created , it is just a matter of time before some smart ass with focus and dedication picks up the line and give you a run for your money.
Continue deluding yourselves , the wind of real change is about to blow and the world will witness .
abeg na mouth una get joor.....who una epp? Blow pipes na...no be ona land u go dey spoil?....abegi
Re: Army Storms Oporoza As Militants Plan To Bomb Abuja, Lagos, PH, Calabar by frehage: 11:09am On May 10, 2016
loopman:

Is part of your agitation for Biafra includes destroying public infrastructure and assets in the East? Why not start with the pulling down of University of Nigeria in Nsukka to show you mean business.
You people like giving people things you can't tolerate

I think they bomb these assets without any emotional attachment even though they are in their backyard because they feel no sense of ownership or sense of belonging. The assets and oil blocks are owned by people of other regions. And for those owned by the FG , the NNPC et al are dominated by these same regions.

Give Niger Deltans a little sense of ownership(not just derivation) and this recurring restiveness will magically disappear.
Re: Army Storms Oporoza As Militants Plan To Bomb Abuja, Lagos, PH, Calabar by loopman: 11:32am On May 10, 2016
frehage:

I think they bomb these assets without any emotional attachment even though they are in their backyard because they feel no sense of ownership or sense of belonging. The assets and oil blocks are owned by people of other regions. And for those owned by the FG , the NNPC et al are dominated by these same regions.

Give Niger Deltans a little sense of ownership(not just derivation) and this recurring restiveness will magically disappear.

You know what they call your logic? cutting the nose to spite the face. You lose at the end. You devastate your environment and all your aquatic will be messed up. The Ipob eddiots goading you on are several kilometers away and have no sea and don't give a damn if you lose your own water resources.
Re: Army Storms Oporoza As Militants Plan To Bomb Abuja, Lagos, PH, Calabar by frehage: 12:56pm On May 10, 2016
loopman:

You know what they call your logic? cutting the nose to spite the face. You lose at the end. You devastate your environment and all your aquatic will be messed up. The Ipob eddiots goading you on are several kilometers away and have no sea and don't give a damn if you lose your own water resources.

I don't support their methods actually. I was simply stating some of the feelings behind their actions. But they lack the numbers to push anything forward in the NASS. Maybe that also adds to their frustration.

What solutions are you proposing sir.
Re: Army Storms Oporoza As Militants Plan To Bomb Abuja, Lagos, PH, Calabar by COCKCROW: 2:18pm On May 10, 2016
This is just a showmanship because it concerns the eastern region. When Fulani herdsmen massacred hundreds of innocent citizens in cold-blood in their sleep, in their land, in their local government were there any single soldier send there to arrest the fulani murderers. There will never be peace in Nigeria, except the peace of the grave yard until the blood of Ibos massacred and are being killed by Nigerian governments stop and appealed to. This may look stupid. Nigeria will pass from one calamity to another until we see reason or perish the satanic nation called Nigeria. I am not counting my very self out as innocent blood unjustly shed MUST be paid for. Of recent hausatanic soldiers went into Aba market spreading bullets like water in a crowed market killing innocent just because they are Ibos and nothing will happen. Actually nothing aside the unweighted demonstration happened the blood will not get unpunished or unvisited on Nigeria since directly and indirectly the present government allowed it as an unwritten plan to exterminate and afflict Ibos into bondage.
Re: Army Storms Oporoza As Militants Plan To Bomb Abuja, Lagos, PH, Calabar by marlockj: 7:16am On May 14, 2016
tonyxxx:

Would you remain unperturbed if fully armed millitary commandos come knocking on your door/community in middle of the night,asking questions with an arsenal of assorted wepons pointed at u all the while. Even their traditional ruler was scared to sh*ts...

That this their duty military is doing their work...

Afterall if robbers do Dat,u will not hv chance to cum to narialand n complain... robbers will Mke u reach ur ancestors faster...

We Nigerians complain of little n irrelevant things,does guy went their for their own good n Dat of nigeria.....

If army Dnt help who will?cn Dey fight d militant? will buhari carry gun n go There?

if u complain Lik this, imagine north den.....
Re: Army Storms Oporoza As Militants Plan To Bomb Abuja, Lagos, PH, Calabar by Dereformer(m): 5:08pm On Jun 14, 2017
Dereformer:

permit me to digress a little from the subject of my earlier post on this thread.

I watched the Nigeria - Biafran Hostilities posted by someone (whose username i have forgotten) on a thread about the DSS embarrassment of Ikedife and Utomi. I am not so sure.

After watching the video, I cannot but salute the courage, the determination, and the might of our great biafran soldiers who died in other to remain alife.

In deed, they died for something.
In the words of jack bauer in the movie 24 ' it is better to die for something than to die for nothing'

My father who happen to fight for his fathers land told me not to blame them for going to war. According to him, the war was practically inevitable at that time.

He also told me not to blame Ojukwu for the war. That he (Ikemba) did what any leader would have done.

According to my father, what was in the mind of every Biafran youth in 1967 was war because our brothers and sisters were being killed in their thousand in the north.

My father told me to my surprise that Ojukwu did not want to go to war. The biafran youths who could not stand and watch their flesh and blood being butchered in the north demanded 'Ojukwu nye anyi egbe' that is Ojukwu give us guns.

Biafra lost the war. But they have made their point. My father told me, if biafrans did not fight, we would have been in a dipper shit in the Nigeria of today.

I remember an event that happened during my primary school. I was in elementary four at that time. There was a boy in my class who derives joy in beating me.

The boys name is Kenneth. He was a bully. He fancied beating me of all the boys and girls in my class and i feared him the way women fear snake.

The boy was my nightmare. Each i remember going to school i will feel bad because of Kenneth.

Then one day, a very faithful day, I was with one of my friends, he was telling me about the karrate film he watched called The drunken master.

I was still listening to this 'epic' film when Kenneth the bully came from behind and gave me a very hard knock on the head.

That was all. I could not take any of that again. I was prepared to die. I fought him. I fought like i have not done before. I told my friend never to separate the fight. And he did not.

After the fight, though i was defeated, Kenneth became tactically afraid of me. My boldNess grew. Me that hardly talk in class became a talkactive. I shout down at Kenneth at any slightest opportunity and he never did anything again to me until we left primary school.

While i do not support any form of violence, it is important to understand that there are times when one must fight. Otherwise you become slave in your own father's house.

My only blame to Biafrans was fighting at a wrong time. But then my father told me it was inevitable at that time.

Re: Army Storms Oporoza As Militants Plan To Bomb Abuja, Lagos, PH, Calabar by Dereformer(m): 5:08pm On Jun 14, 2017
Dereformer:

A worthy soldier knows when to push, when to pull, when to resist, and most importantly when to run away.

Ojukwu, hate him or love him, remains the greatest Igbo man of all times.

He is loved by his people even after death.

To show their love for Ojukwu, his people gave him a worthy burial that no man born of a woman has received on the planet earth.

I was in Nnewi at that time. It was awe inspiring. Even his enemies could not but say that he is in deed a great man.

Now, each time i read about the animosity and the fight between the Igbos and the Yorubas, I always tell myself that the north is indeed playing their cards well.

They (the north) understood that to maintain their hold on power these two tribes must not see eye to eye.

What pains me the most is that Igbos and the Yorubas do not seem to understand this.

My closest friend Seun is a Yoruba man. Each time i visit lagos, I stay in his house. He and his family have been to my house in the east a couple of times.

Each time I bring up the issue of the level of hatred between our people, he always tell me that some persons are a gaining from it. And would do any thing to ensure that their is no peace between the two major tribes.

I believe my friend, but I blame the Igbo and the yoruba the more.

Have you ever wondered why, the Igbos, the yorubas, the itsekiris, the ijaws, the middle belt tribes want resource control but the hausa/fulani will have non of that?

Yet what they(hausa/fulani) want prevails.

Have you ever wondered why the Igbos, the yorubas, the itsekiris, the ijaws, the idomas etc want state police, regional autonomy, a sort of confederal arrangement, yet the hausa/fulani would not have any of that. Yet what they want prevails.

Are we in the south and middle belt cursed? Are we under a spell? Are jinxed?

To be continued.

Re: Army Storms Oporoza As Militants Plan To Bomb Abuja, Lagos, PH, Calabar by lilytender: 6:17pm On Jun 14, 2017
TheFreeOne:

However, the Pere (traditional ruler) of Gbaramatu Kingdom, HRM Oboro-Gbaraun II, Aketekpe, Agadaba, who was scared stiff with his subjects during the invasion, offered, Monday, to mediate in the face-off between the Federal Government and Tompolo despite his dissatisfaction with the neglect of the kingdom by government.

The traditional ruler must be mad, is it Buhari that neglected the kingdom since independence? What of their Ijaw step son Goatluck Jonaddaft? Why couldn't Goatluck develop their kingdom? Useless losers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Biafra Protesters Hit London As Buhari Meets The Queen (PHOTOS) / Fact Check: Did Chiamaka Okoro Get Pregnant In DSS Custody? / Dambazau, Arase And El-rufai Visit Sheikh El-zakzaky (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.