Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,135 members, 7,863,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:29 AM

How To Be Happy As A Single - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Be Happy As A Single (458 Views)

My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. / Things You Need To Accept In Your Relationship To Be Happy / Reasons Why To Be Happy After A Breakup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Be Happy As A Single by Nobody: 9:43pm On May 09, 2016
http://vesselofinspiration.com/how-to-be-happy-as-a-single/
HOW TO BE HAPPY AS A SINGLE

There is often this erroneous mindset that singleness is a curse; a big load to carry on the shoulder. This perhaps underscores the reason why so many young men and women rush into love relationships, even when such are abusive. However, the truth therein is that the period of singleness is one that should be cherished or rather maximise before marriage comes knocking on the door.

Here, I will give some ways you can maximise your singleness and thus be a happy person till the wedding bell rings:

1. BUILD YOUR CAREER: Being single provides you with ample time to dig deeper into your career choice. It is a time for you to take all the necessary steps needed to place you in an enviable position in your chosen field. As a single, you have all the time needed to take practical training and experience in any chosen endeavor.

2. PREPARE FOR YOUR MARRIAGE/RELATIONSHIP

A great man ones said, "You prepare for marriage, not in marriage".

One mistake most singles do make is thinking that marriage/relationship is the all and all. You could hear some say, "Let me just marry" but they are not ready yet for such commitment. You see, your single hood is the greatest time you have to prepare for marriage. You don't wait until you've tied the nuptial knots before you begin the knowledge hunt. No!

Take your single status as a preparation ground for that beautiful future home you've always dreamt of. Know the diverse personality types, work on your communication abilities, make yourself that better individual afore time! Good homes/marriages don't drop like mango trees, they're products of preparedness on both parties.

3. BUILD HEALTHY RELATIONSHIPS

This point becomes so vital to the single. Being single is the right time to develop strong and healthy relationships that would perhaps last you a life time. Being single should not be a yardstick for being anti-relationship. Build health platonic friendships with both gender, never lock yourself out.

4. LOOK GOOD

Looking good they say is good biz. That's true. You never should make yourself look haggard and battered because you're a single . Be neat, dress smart. Look presentable. You don't neeec all the money in the world to do that. All you need is you. Don't wait until one "bobo" or that girl wey you fit you her body do mirror come before you look good. Enough said.

5. KNOW YOUR MAKER

I intentionally brought this as the last point. I don't know about you, but I for one believe strongly in God and my faith. Your Single hood is a time you can use to build a deeper relationship with your Maker. Little wonder the Bible said, "serve the Lord in the days of your youth". And your single hood is part od that "days of your youth".

So, as a single fellow, it's not time for you to be jumping up and down but maximising the opportunities that come along with being single. As the wise man said, "...there is time for everything..."

I'll drop my pen here, but I will like to leave you with this poser: how can a single maximise single hood and stay happy?

(1) (Reply)

The Girl Kissing The Driver / 7 Ways To Deal With Depression After A Breakup / Do U Stay In Magodo GRA, Call Or Watsapp Me...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.