Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,956 members, 7,828,370 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

Buhari Ruling Nigeria With Medieval Mindset, Says Prof Utomi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Ruling Nigeria With Medieval Mindset, Says Prof Utomi (25106 Views)

Obasanjo Warns Buhari Not To Contest In 2019: "Not Capable Of Ruling Nigeria" / Cabal Ruling Nigeria As Buhari Misses FEC Meeting Again- PDP / Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Ruling Nigeria With Medieval Mindset, Says Prof Utomi by kingGoldust(m): 9:19am On May 10, 2016
fiizznation:
In one sentence he said he wrote APC's manisfesto for them and in another sentence he criticised the APC's "medieval manisfesto". Even a juvenile knows that any new government come with their economic blueprint. Obama did it when he came onboard, David Cameron isn't left out either. The problem with pessimistic personalities like this respected professor is that they believe so much in western Theologue, while forgetting that the Africa economic environs is entirely different.

If I should ask a person like utomi what he think will work best for our developing economy, you will hear him calling America, Germany or UK. These set of people don't understand the African economy to the best of my knowledge. I read a book about macro economics which was written by a person like utomi, gosh I just had to drop the book because the writer just wrote hogwash and was making baseless comparisons. He didn't understood the simple basic economics of African nations. I don't just know why but when it comes to economy matter, I don't take the likes of utomi any serious.
You are right man ,you get brain
Re: Buhari Ruling Nigeria With Medieval Mindset, Says Prof Utomi by tylerbraid(m): 9:23am On May 10, 2016
smiley
Re: Buhari Ruling Nigeria With Medieval Mindset, Says Prof Utomi by Reddington(m): 9:32am On May 10, 2016
fiizznation:
In one sentence he said he wrote APC's manisfesto for them and in another sentence he criticised the APC's "medieval manisfesto". Even a juvenile knows that any new government come with their economic blueprint. Obama did it when he came onboard, David Cameron isn't left out either. The problem with pessimistic personalities like this respected professor is that they believe so much in western Theologue, while forgetting that the Africa economic environs is entirely different.

If I should ask a person like utomi what he think will work best for our developing economy, you will hear him calling America, Germany or UK. These set of people don't understand the African economy to the best of my knowledge. I read a book about macro economics which was written by a person like utomi, gosh I just had to drop the book because the writer just wrote hogwash and was making baseless comparisons. He didn't understood the simple basic economics of African nations. I don't just know why but when it comes to economy matter, I don't take the likes of utomi any serious.

Interesting. So I need you to lay out point by point how African economy differs from that of Europe. Until then, your assessment is nothing short of malarkey.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Ruling Nigeria With Medieval Mindset, Says Prof Utomi by Wizzyblack3(m): 9:41am On May 10, 2016
fiizznation:

And if i may ask you sir, what makes African nations economy different from the rest of the world?

Some ppl like saying anything that comes to their mind sha.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Ruling Nigeria With Medieval Mindset, Says Prof Utomi by Lionsclaw: 9:44am On May 10, 2016
ibedun:
AND WHO BE THIS USELESS, CROSSED-EYED, THIEVING ALBINO TALKING?

PAT UTOMI GO AND RETURN THE INVESTOR AND CUSTOMER'S MONEY YOU STOLE AT BANK PHB.
e pain this one well well
Re: Buhari Ruling Nigeria With Medieval Mindset, Says Prof Utomi by derecho(m): 9:50am On May 10, 2016
Erudite in what then? In grammar?Friend,you may have your bias just as many of us.What he's saying is that Buhari's style is not well thought of ,atleast when compared with the one painstakingly done by the party,and that Buhari does not deliberate on important economic issues.Some of his policies are ill-timed thus causing unnecessary hardship
fiizznation:
[ i]Don't get me wrong please. Pat utomi might be a brain box when an issue has something to do with his area of knowledge and all that. But that man knows nothing about complex and complicated basic economy like ours. I heard him talk and I read one or two of his journals. Believe me the man is all big-grammers and catchy phrases, but when he speaks economics, you begin to wonder if he was a juvenile in a grown man's body. Aside from this his flaw I mentioned, I have absolutely nothing against him. He is an erudite[/i]

1 Like

Re: Buhari Ruling Nigeria With Medieval Mindset, Says Prof Utomi by mcnuel001(m): 9:50am On May 10, 2016
ibedun:
AND WHO BE THIS USELESS, CROSSED-EYED, THIEVING ALBINO TALKING?

PAT UTOMI GO AND RETURN THE INVESTOR AND CUSTOMER'S MONEY YOU STOLE AT BANK PHB.
Ehya, u won't know him and understand Wat he's say cos Incantation no be for stammerers. Like buhari like u
Re: Buhari Ruling Nigeria With Medieval Mindset, Says Prof Utomi by omohayek: 9:51am On May 10, 2016
grandstar:
through genocide

It's astonishing how ignorant many Nairalanders can be, isn't it? Imagine someone in this day and age looking up to mass murderers like Lenin and Stalin! And being showered with "likes" for it!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Ruling Nigeria With Medieval Mindset, Says Prof Utomi by omohayek: 9:54am On May 10, 2016
Wizzyblack3:

And if i may ask you sir, what makes African nations economy different from the rest of the world?

Some ppl like saying anything that comes to their mind sha.

Gbam! I bet you he won't be able to come back with any meaningful response to your challenge. The only thing that makes African economies "exceptional" is their exceptional insistence on refusing to learn from best practices elsewhere in the world.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Ruling Nigeria With Medieval Mindset, Says Prof Utomi by push23: 9:56am On May 10, 2016
[size=
Re: Buhari Ruling Nigeria With Medieval Mindset, Says Prof Utomi by Gfreeman: 9:57am On May 10, 2016
was this same Prof. Utomi not a key part of GEJ administration and previous ones? how did his modern methods and approach help Nigeria, its a known fact that people seem to oppose what they dont understand
Re: Buhari Ruling Nigeria With Medieval Mindset, Says Prof Utomi by alfsalami: 9:59am On May 10, 2016
Mr Utomi can vomit anything but he cannot argue the fact that his fans are less than 5 % of those who believe in PMB. after all where is Platinum bank today ? AS
Re: Buhari Ruling Nigeria With Medieval Mindset, Says Prof Utomi by Adagba01: 10:20am On May 10, 2016
Pat Utomi's fanciful theories would only work in a Jonathan era: open up d economy to foreigners without capacity to produce locally, deregulate Petroleum sectors with no functional refineries, watching d so called foreign investors repatriating dollars abroad and leaving naira behind. I am really disappointed in this man. What kind of knowledge did he impacted on his students?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Ruling Nigeria With Medieval Mindset, Says Prof Utomi by Eruditor: 10:59am On May 10, 2016
989900:
Talk is cheap Prof.

You were adviser to Shagari and you lead him off the cliff.
Your bank went bankrupt.

It is easier to throw wild cards from the outside when you are not in the driving seat.

We are going thru pains, agreed.

Buhari should listen more, agreed.

Buhari is tackling fundamental causes; not symptoms.

That doesn't make all his decisions perfect, but I have never doubted his sincerity -- I can't say the same for the prof and others like him (everyone is largely working their angle or being plainly sentimental).

When you are not in the driving seat, it is easier to only work with simplistic solutions without considering the fallout and other ramifications.

We shouldn't be importing refined petroleum products in the first place -- how we go about being independent in that regard are things people of the prof's caliber should be proffering.

Implementing the TSA,IPPIS,and BVN with over 3 trillion Naira re-consolidated, and over 40,000 ghost workers collecting billions in salaries exposed, not to mention some head of MDAs drawing over 60 million naira per month exposed, are all those archaic?

Implementing stamp duty charges that has brought almost 1 trillion Naira within just 4 months into the nation's purse, and could bring as much as N4 trillion naira in a year or more, which would be roughly the same amount we get from oil, is that archaic?

Going from roughly 10% to 30% investment in infrastructure is that archaic?

Reducing government re-current expenditure is that archaic?

Dr. Kachikwu and the president have done excellent work generally with the NNPC in the past 9 months, are all those archaic?

What has the non-archaic administrators been doing since 1999, that we have to find ourselves in this sh!thole of importing fuel in the first place?

What happens to pump prices if in 6 months or so from here, oil goes beyond $70 or $80/ barrel? Have you considered the consequences?

I can understand if the Prof. feels he is not being adequately compensated for his work for the party or feels disrespected in a way or so, but that should not translate to throwing his sense of balance and perspective away, or trying to subliminally pitch the VP against the president.

This is a brilliant post.

I laughed hard when I saw him imply that competition will drive down the price of PMS and whet the country. While the latter is plausible, the former is cringe-worthy and unexpected from the lips of such an erudite professor.

It seems most people are yet to understand the avarice and blood-sucking greed of these PMS marketers and how strong their unions are. And the Prof like a few others seem to downplay the cost implications on Nigerians should the price of crude oil surge higher. How that will translate to higher PMS prices (especially if that market is totally deregulated) and what it will mean to our inflation indices.

Like you said, it is easy for anyone to stand outside to pontificate and toss-up academic jargons. When on the hot seat, it is another kettle of fish.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Ruling Nigeria With Medieval Mindset, Says Prof Utomi by sommy25(m): 11:10am On May 10, 2016
We need more people to do what this man is doing. Our leaders rule us this way because to them we are like toothless dogs.
jerseyboy:
Buhari ruling Nigeria with medieval mindset, says Prof Utomi
— 9th May 2016

…Proffers solutions to Nigeria’s economic crisis

By Job Osazuwa

A professor of political economy and management expert, Professor Patrick Utomi, said Nigerians and the government must be alive to their responsibilities if the country was to witness genuine transformation.

The former presidential candidate and founder of Centre for Value in Leadership (CVL), was guest speaker at a Breakfast Meeting organised by the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Victory Chapel, Province 21, Magodo, Lagos State. The theme of the programme was: “Christian Leadership in Contemporary World”.

He began his message by charging the audience to initiate the kind of change they were clamouring for. He said it was unfortunate that people would stay at the comfort of their rooms only to complain about everything and do nothing about it. He stated that the man with the biggest authority in an organisation might not be the most effective person in moving the organisation towards its goal.

According to the erudite scholar, Nigeria has over the years, been immersed in poor leadership style, saying it was the cause of the crises the country was currently facing.

He also lamented that another major problem with leadership in Africa was the people’s refusal to be exposed to information.

“Readers are leaders. If we don’t read, we won’t anticipate problems or know how to deal with them upfront.”

He recalled how the Boko Haram insurgency could have been prevented when it was at its infant stage years ago.

“To lead, you must be knowledgeable. People don’t follow somebody who doesn’t know where he is going. Otherwise, you fall into a ditch.”

Utomi urged the government to invest in its human resources – their education and overall well-being in order to yield demographic dividends. He expressed the belief that quality leadership would make the seemingly impossible to be possible.

He recalled that he was shocked and couldn’t forget the day former president Goodluck Jonathan said Nigeria’s economy was doing well because it was the fastest growing private jets market in the world. He said it was unfortunate that Nigerians were accumulating wealth by buying obnoxious things. He said the same people had started auctioning such items.

Utomi said he could not fathom the paradox of corruption, religiosity and happiness linked to Nigerians.

“Nigerians were said to be the most religious people in the world. Just about the same time, the transparency index found Nigeria to be the most corrupt people in the world, and another study found Nigerians to be the happiest people in the world. I don’t know how many people can resolve this paradox,” he noted.

Professor Utomi told Daily Sun, shortly after the programme, that he had always remained a teacher.

He said: “For the fact that I am active on the board of several companies; that is taking teaching to the boardroom literally. I am on the board of maybe 30 or more companies around the world. I still teach at the Lagos Business School.

“Yes, I am also a politician. I am a member of the ruling party, as they say in Nigeria. I understand what ruling means – a party in power, I guess. As the Vice President, Prof Yemi Osinbajo said few weeks ago, himself, I, and a few others, wrote the roadmap and manifestoes of the party.”

On Christian leadership, Utomi said where the world was at the moment was as a result of Christian leadership. According to him, the Western civilisation was made possible through Christian influence, citing the spread of education as a typical example of the role of the church in promoting leadership. Christianity was responsible for modern education and modern education has been a fulcrum of human advancement and science, he maintained.

On the current economic crisis, he said President Muhammadu Buhari was ruling the country as if he was still in the medieval period.

His words: “The problem with Buhari’s administration is his medieval mindset. He excludes rather than includes. So, he does not get the best idea. He is insular. I don’t push him in this conversation but I am sure that if I put my friend, the vice president under pressure, he will admit what I am saying. Because of their medieval mindset, they have created a country that is more divided than they met it. And that is a problem for leadership that is marching towards progress.”

When asked how long Nigerians might wait for the change they voted for, he said: “Everything is based on context. Take a look at the mismanagement of this fuel thing; the whole idea is nonsensical. It doesn’t have to go on like this; you are punishing Nigerian people unnecessarily. The sufferings that Nigerians have endured in the last couple of weeks over this petrol crisis have reduced productivity. If you throw it open to people across the world to bring petrol to Nigeria and sell at any price, you will discover that within a year, the price of petrol will be lower than the government’s fixed price today.

“You (Buhari) set up a committee called Transition Committee. It suggested that you deregulate the whole thing about crude oil, but no, you won’t. Your ideas go back 30 years and they are irrelevant to this world. Open up your mind and listen to people and you can make progress. To lead is to serve.”

The pastor of the province, Peter Egho, said the breakfast meeting was to tackle the enormous challenges confronting Nigerians, including the church members. He said Nigeria needed someone with a solution to the present economic disorder. “Those who have the right orientation and boldness are needed at these difficult times,” he stated.

Assistant Pastor of the province, Bisi Olowoyo, told Daily Sun that the programme was to empower Christians to live a fulfilled life. He added that God had already made certain things available to His children, but noted that they need to take some practical steps for their manifestation.

http://sunnewsonline.com/buhari-ruling-nigeria-with-medieval-mindset-says-prof-utomi/
Re: Buhari Ruling Nigeria With Medieval Mindset, Says Prof Utomi by 989900: 11:16am On May 10, 2016
Eruditor:

This is a brilliant post.

I laughed hard when I saw him imply that competition will drive down the price of PMS and whet the country. While the latter is plausible, the former is cringe-worthy and unexpected from the lips of such an erudite professor.

It seems most people are yet to understand the avarice and blood-sucking greed of these PMS marketers and how strong their unions are. And the Prof like a few others seem to downplay the cost implications on Nigerians should the price of crude oil surge higher. How that will translate to higher PMS prices (especially if that market is totally deregulated) and what it will mean to our inflation indices.

Like you said, it is easy for anyone to stand outside to pontificate and toss-up academic jargons. When on the hot seat, it is another kettle of fish.

I swear most people have no idea how devlish those marketers are. They are the same people behind pipeline vandalization. They are presently losing money and have fraud cases pending in court, from Otedola to Ubah and the rest of them -- they are relentless blood sucking mafia.

The prof. of all people should understand the volatility of oil prices and it's ripple effect -- PMS is not like GSM -- it is a different kettle of fish that needs careful and water-tight approach.
Re: Buhari Ruling Nigeria With Medieval Mindset, Says Prof Utomi by ndcide(m): 11:29am On May 10, 2016
Some persons can't stand buhari's government being interrogated... To them, everything about buhari is right. Where he is absolutely wrong, they'll blame the past government, his subordinates, the system or just about anything but buhari.

We all know that people in this government are not expressing themselves and everyone is watching their back.

Let me state it clear. I challenge anyone to remind me of this doesn't happen this way.

This government's score card and what they will campaign with in 2019 will be. "People didn't steal government's money like the last government "

That may not be true as people will steal but will be covered to sustain the anti corruption narrative.

You can imagine a business person at yaba market who obviously have had and excruciating business experience in four years being told, it doesn't matter after all, people are not stealing government money like before. how will that affect him.

You guys will have a lot of defending to do.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Ruling Nigeria With Medieval Mindset, Says Prof Utomi by Nobody: 11:44am On May 10, 2016
Some people are good in talking and giving advice.
Re: Buhari Ruling Nigeria With Medieval Mindset, Says Prof Utomi by emmabestconcepts: 11:58am On May 10, 2016
Haba! Pat Utomi,wat is wrong wit u? Was it Buhari that caused ur failure in d elections then? Why allow PDP to use u dis time. Do u think Nigerians can be fooled this time? Don't worry,we Knw ur source and origin. U av nt even started wailing. U will wail more
Re: Buhari Ruling Nigeria With Medieval Mindset, Says Prof Utomi by hausameat: 12:24pm On May 10, 2016
bros12345:
I'm more concerned about the obvious threat to the existence of Nigeria that Buhari is inevitably working to achieve.

"A leader who bluntly declares war on his people just to prove himself to be a strong man will realize that there will be no one else to lead when the war is over" - My quote.

Diplomacy, dialogue and national reconciliation & reintegration are the first best steps for any great leader. May we not wake up one day to hear that our country is no longer in existence.
May the plan of God for Nigeria stand.
Buhari is evil. He is the actual devil everybody is complaining, be it in the churches, in the families, companies, organisations etc. When Obasanjo, as senselsess as he was, inspite of the fact that he told the world some the most dangerious lies, when he uses the efcc to go after individuals he hate and so on, Obasanjo never say any issues, even inch remarks that appears to devide this country according to ethnicity, according religion etc. When the late Yara Adua ruled for few years, he never attempted to do anything nears anywhere to bring about the devision of this country. When Buhari was sworn for about four day, just few days, he travel overseas, the US and told the world that those who gave him 5% votes will wait for much longer for the devidents of his democracy.. I just knew, Buhari has not changed. No fulani man easily changes. They are known for the total and complete love for their tribe and have continues and increased hate for others. The Fulanis from history, usually disregard and always undermind others. I pity this country. By the time Buhari is through with this first four years, I bet we are most likely to have gone our different ways. Tufiakwa.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Ruling Nigeria With Medieval Mindset, Says Prof Utomi by Netexpert(m): 12:41pm On May 10, 2016
OGA PATITO, NOW TODAY DAY BREAK? WERE YOU NOT AMONG THOSE THAT CRUCIFIED GEJ AT THE ALTAR OF BUHARI'S PRESIDENTIAL AMBITION? THIS IS JUST I YEAR, YOU ARE COMPLAINING. WHAT ABOUT THE 3 YEARS REMAINING?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Ruling Nigeria With Medieval Mindset, Says Prof Utomi by Goddex: 12:41pm On May 10, 2016
TheFreeOne:

Let the zombies try to dispute these irrefutable facts.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Ruling Nigeria With Medieval Mindset, Says Prof Utomi by dragunov: 12:55pm On May 10, 2016
TheFreeOne:

Let the zombies try to dispute these irrefutable facts.
Awww please, please, please, please, please, puuuuullllllleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaz shut up will ya. Ipob 'yoot'
Re: Buhari Ruling Nigeria With Medieval Mindset, Says Prof Utomi by mayorchelsea(m): 1:12pm On May 10, 2016
@Dikenawar@Fizznation@oduastates,I've never seen this kind of maturity on NL in a long while.Sensible argument/point on both divides without personal attacks on anyone, kudos to y'all.
Re: Buhari Ruling Nigeria With Medieval Mindset, Says Prof Utomi by Nobody: 1:49pm On May 10, 2016
LexMacquin:

There's no crime in laying your claims constructively, but never insult a person with their physical features, especially if these features are body parts that obviously can't be changed.

You should know better! and if you never knew, now you know.
Your parents raised you well

1 Like

Re: Buhari Ruling Nigeria With Medieval Mindset, Says Prof Utomi by owobokiri(m): 2:05pm On May 10, 2016
Next time.dont throw the baby away with the bathwater Mr Utomi

1 Like

Re: Buhari Ruling Nigeria With Medieval Mindset, Says Prof Utomi by Nobody: 2:48pm On May 10, 2016
jerseyboy:

Your parents raised you well

Lol! Blessings.
Re: Buhari Ruling Nigeria With Medieval Mindset, Says Prof Utomi by push23: 3:28pm On May 10, 2016
[size=28pt]Osibanjo and ambode men with wife, hanging around tinubu like houseboy. It is a disgraceful picture to watch

Are they not married, don't their wives talk to them.

Let the truth be spoke[/size]
Re: Buhari Ruling Nigeria With Medieval Mindset, Says Prof Utomi by Ugwuoke347(m): 4:01pm On May 10, 2016
fiizznation:

You sound pretentious. It is very clear that you are trying hard to pass off as a pundit even when you are obviously not more than a pseudo intellectual and a charlatan. What, with bad English and barefaced lying.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Ruling Nigeria With Medieval Mindset, Says Prof Utomi by kaboninc(m): 5:27pm On May 10, 2016
989900:
Talk is cheap Prof.

You were adviser to Shagari and you lead him off the cliff.
Your bank went bankrupt.

It is easier to throw wild cards from the outside when you are not in the driving seat.

We are going thru pains, agreed.

Buhari should listen more, agreed.

Buhari is tackling fundamental causes; not symptoms.

That doesn't make all his decisions perfect, but I have never doubted his sincerity -- I can't say the same for the prof and others like him (everyone is largely working their angle or being plainly sentimental).

When you are not in the driving seat, it is easier to only work with simplistic solutions without considering the fallout and other ramifications.

We shouldn't be importing refined petroleum products in the first place -- how we go about being independent in that regard are things people of the prof's caliber should be proffering.

Implementing the TSA,IPPIS,and BVN with over 3 trillion Naira re-consolidated, and over 40,000 ghost workers collecting billions in salaries exposed, not to mention some head of MDAs drawing over 60 million naira per month exposed, are all those archaic?

Implementing stamp duty charges that has brought almost 1 trillion Naira within just 4 months into the nation's purse, and could bring as much as N4 trillion naira in a year or more, which would be roughly the same amount we get from oil, is that archaic?

Going from roughly 10% to 30% investment in infrastructure is that archaic?

Reducing government re-current expenditure is that archaic?

Dr. Kachikwu and the president have done excellent work generally with the NNPC in the past 9 months, are all those archaic?

What has the non-archaic administrators been doing since 1999, that we have to find ourselves in this sh!thole of importing fuel in the first place?

What happens to pump prices if in 6 months or so from here, oil goes beyond $70 or $80/ barrel? Have you considered the consequences?

I can understand if the Prof. feels he is not being adequately compensated for his work for the party or feels disrespected in a way or so, but that should not translate to throwing his sense of balance and perspective away, or trying to subliminally pitch the VP against the president.

All you wrote were actions by the previous administration.

We are yet to see any innovation by this new administration.
Re: Buhari Ruling Nigeria With Medieval Mindset, Says Prof Utomi by 989900: 7:52pm On May 11, 2016
kaboninc:

[s]All you wrote were actions by the previous administration.

We are yet to see any innovation by this new administration[/s].

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fayose Distributes Tubers Of Yams To Ekiti State Residents / Nigerians React Over Approval Of $1 Billion For Anti-Terrorism War / El Rufai, Lai Mohammed And Aregbesola At Jumat Service (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.