Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,145 members, 7,821,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article (22804 Views)

The Case Of Nigeria's Missing President: Newyork Times / Jimoh Ibrahim Congratulates Trump, Shades TB Joshua / Lucozade Nigeria Shades President Buhari In New Hilarious Ad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 7:24am On May 10, 2016
FanYogo1:
Is it false? Keep bombing pipelines. As for the Igbos egging them on, make dem no complain or blame Buhari. The kitchen is just getting hot.

Get out!
Why so pained since there's oyel in all northern and western states??

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by Nobody: 9:07am On May 10, 2016
erusen:
I can't just understand why people are cheering Niger delta millants.blooding f*ck we are all suffering for this f*ckery.
Wats wit u and f*ck u gay?

2 Likes

Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by Nobody: 9:11am On May 10, 2016
They are not far from the truth.

The writer will only exaggerate things.

1 Like

Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by erusen: 9:11am On May 10, 2016
tooco:
Wats wit u and f*ck u gay?
first f*ckstard am not a gay,second its none of ur f*cking business

2 Likes

Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by laprince(m): 9:14am On May 10, 2016
FanYogo1:
Is it false? Keep bombing pipelines. As for the Igbos egging them on, make dem no complain or blame Buhari. The kitchen is just getting hot.

pls keep shut!

Is that the only problem besieging Nigeria?
Poor leadership is our biggest national challenge.

Niger Delta has been supporting the country since independence, all they can show for it is, environmental degradation.

If I were the government, I would look elsewhere for resources to manage Nigeria.

When the oil becomes totally useless and possibly finished, then other parts of the Nation would tap and develop their resources which they have allowed to lay fallow. They may eventually want session when they are the new source of national likelihood.

In my own opinion, government should just look elsewhere for revenue, otherwise, dance to the harsh tune of the militants.

8 Likes

Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by Nobody: 9:15am On May 10, 2016
I wan leave this country asap.

3 Likes

Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by Nobody: 9:17am On May 10, 2016
NwaEzefuNaMba:

Get out!
Why so pained since there's oyel in all northern and western states??
pmb should start connecting pipelines for those region na.

1 Like

Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by Nobody: 9:17am On May 10, 2016
allthingsgood:
Na only nursery school kids full NL this early morning. They left the topic to be making noise about avengers or no avengers. Smh

All these silly write ups are western paid journalist whose sole agenda is to ridicule nigerian, drive away foreign investors and thereby force us to remain poor and keep begging for their loans. I have said it before, this in nothing but international politics, punishment for dining with china! Period.
Is nt a punishment for anything.

What they wrote is nothing but the whole truth some of u won't admit.

They are good at exaggerating things bt there is an atom of truth in wat they said.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by MathsChic(f): 9:19am On May 10, 2016
herbie27:
Is nt a punishment for anything.

What they wrote is nothing but the whole truth some of u won't admit.

They are good at exaggerating things bt there is an atom of truth in wat they said.
But what exactly did they exaggerate?

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by Nobody: 9:20am On May 10, 2016
we boasts to be among the top producers of crude oil in the world but we can't afford or get the product easily.What a fail nation.

3 Likes

Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by sweetilicious(f): 9:20am On May 10, 2016
oduastates:
Depending on which part of the world you are,
Nigerians are considered as dysfunctional freaks.
Most of the problems stems from the fact that,the people in position to influence issues are either lawyers or finance experts.
As a result,experimentation and evidence based solutions is beyond them.
The solution is always money,money and more money.

You do not need an economist ( mostly quacks) to solve this problem.
I have written about this before. it used to be like that in lagos and his applicable to all cities apart a few.

SUMMARY
reduce the number of private cars on the road and change behaviour thereby leading to the reduction in the amount Nigeria spends on petrol.

1 bicycles and bicycles lane
2 congestion charges
3 expensive driving licenses
4 FG should terminate all train journeys outside city limits.
5 Turn over all rail transport within city limits to the state for mass transit.
6 Toll roads
7 taxes on parking

In other countries, you get conventional trains like every 15min while in lagos, you would have to wait hour or even days to see 1 train.

This is another ideology that proves not to be void of common sense. I agree with you.
Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by TLU(m): 9:21am On May 10, 2016
I like the reportage. Nicely put together. Wish i could write like this.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by Sajio(m): 9:21am On May 10, 2016
FanYogo1:

It's about the failed government? Why won't the government fail when ND avengers keep blowing up pipelines? Use your common sense. This is a catch-22.
..... And you Guys never believe Boko Haram was meant to Tarnish Gejs image before Nigerians instead Gej was criticized. so don't blame ND but Buhari for not knowing how to manage them. there's a big difference between the Boko and the NDM...... one is more of economic important than the other. where on earth have u heard a sitting president gave amnesty to terrorist and I think it's just to early to start blaming NDM cos this government is a known failed one from inception. When did the NDM activity start?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by brajy(m): 9:22am On May 10, 2016
M4gunners:
God why do you allowed a Zombie to comment before me . This is not about Igbo's or ND,it is about failed government.
Obviously,U are aware of anything happening in this REGION.
SO Bleep OFF!
Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by longayink: 9:23am On May 10, 2016
Waste of time by NY Times.

Even if Nigeria crumbles, flattened out and returned to the 18th Century, once crude oil money is being pumped on behalf of Nigeria's government from offshore near the Niger delta, the zombies if Nigeria do not get bothered.

The zombies must elect another zombie to rule them next presidential election.

3 Likes

Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by brajy(m): 9:23am On May 10, 2016
M4gunners:
God why do you allowed a Zombie to comment before me . This is not about Igbo's or ND,it is about failed government.
Obviously,U are not aware of anything happening in this REGION.
SO Bleep OFF!
Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by Nobody: 9:23am On May 10, 2016
FanYogo1:

It's about the failed government? Why won't the government fail when ND avengers keep blowing up pipelines? Use your common sense. This is a catch-22.
Even when the pipelines were intact,were there light and fuel?

4 Likes

Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by matrix1759: 9:26am On May 10, 2016
[quote author=macherie1 post=45476188]If you thought your commute was bad, try getting gas in Nigeria writes Dionne Searcey of New York Times. The article goes on to describe the deplorable and laughable situation of power in Nigeria as well as the extreme hardship faced by Nigerians queueing for fuel at gas stations. The article also displayed pictures of Lagos streets in total darkness.

I've always been the one to defend Nigeria against foreigners' attempt to tarnish our image but this time I have nothing to defend. Mr Searcey's article is nothing but the sad truth. It's a shame how our reputation as a country continues to get slammed and battered all around the world. While the name of some countries open doors for their citizens, the mere mention that you are a Nigerian most times gets the door slammed in your face in the international network. See the link to the article below.

When are we going to learn to put sentiments aside? Any discerning mind knows this government has failed Nigerians so far. Enough of the flimsy excuses. If Jonathan was clueless with the way he handled Boko Haram, nobody should exonerate Buhari from the way he is handling our economic and Niger Delta Avengers issue. He is the commander-in-chief and the buck stops on his table. End of discussion

3 Likes

Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by brajy(m): 9:26am On May 10, 2016
M4gunners:
Since when did the Avengers start blowing up pipelines? Call a spade a spade.Stop defending this government, because you and i are suffering it.
oh no! Where do u stay man? u are talking as if,u ar out of d country.
Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by Nobody: 9:28am On May 10, 2016
MathsChic:

But what exactly did they exaggerate?
You shld read the op's write up b4 dat of new York times.

All they wrote down is the bitter truth bt the part he said the article had pictures of Lagos State in total darkness is exaggerated.

1 Like

Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by izzou(m): 9:31am On May 10, 2016
Obijulius:

Stop debating with this person.

They say oil is now useless yet they are crying more than the bereaved.

I like what the Avengers are doing and I think every 5percenter should give his moral, spiritual and financial support.

It's time to balance the equation.

Money from the Niger Delta was used to build Lagos and Abuja...the Avengers should move immediately to demolish the proceeds of crime and injustice.

Anybody who does not like it should man up and agitate for their own country.
and when the country is created, what post will you be given?
Is the sufferings of your Land going to reduce?
Who's even going to rule your land?
New leaders or the products of APC band PDP?
Always talk intelligently when issue's like this arises
Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by Nobody: 9:31am On May 10, 2016
Shei I thought Buhari global touring nd love making with foreign media's for Nigeria to get a better look at, but all he has done diminish it face since he took over. Same media outlets he is trying really hard to please and they are ones passing him more fuckup

2 Likes

Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by PrinceAfo911(m): 9:32am On May 10, 2016
Naija is screwed.

1 Like

Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by zanebaddo(m): 9:35am On May 10, 2016
erusen:
lack of logical and rational thinking is the problem,intelligent people look beyond tribe,religion,clan and any other classification that divide humanity and make decisions based on common sense,rather than clamouring for something that will bring no good
is your president intelligent? has he looked beyond tribe, religion, clan and any other classification that divide Nigeria so far?

4 Likes

Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by mondob2k(m): 9:36am On May 10, 2016
true

1 Like

Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by mars123(m): 9:37am On May 10, 2016
Obijulius:

Stop debating with this person.

They say oil is now useless yet they are crying more than the bereaved.

I like what the Avengers are doing and I think every 5percenter should give his moral, spiritual and financial support.

It's time to balance the equation.

Money from the Niger Delta was used to build Lagos and Abuja...the Avengers should move immediately to demolish the proceeds of crime and injustice.

Anybody who does not like it should man up and agitate for their own country.
failed country with failed people.
Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by Legitbaba(m): 9:40am On May 10, 2016
erusen:
I can't just understand why people are cheering Niger delta millants.blooding f*ck we are all suffering for this f*ckery.

I tot u guys said they were only destroying their lands??...

2 Likes

Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by spartoo: 9:40am On May 10, 2016
FanYogo1:

Ogbeni the economy was failing long before NDA came into the scene

4 Likes

Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by Nobody: 9:41am On May 10, 2016
oduastates:
Depending on which part of the world you are,
Nigerians are considered as dysfunctional freaks.
Most of the problems stems from the fact that,the people in position to influence issues are either lawyers or finance experts.
As a result,experimentation and evidence based solutions is beyond them.
The solution is always money,money and more money.

You do not need an economist ( mostly quacks) to solve this problem.
I have written about this before. it used to be like that in lagos and his applicable to all cities apart a few.

SUMMARY
[b]reduce the number of private cars on the road [/b]and change behaviour thereby leading to the reduction in the amount Nigeria spends on petrol.

1 bicycles and bicycles lane
2 congestion charges
3 expensive driving licenses
4 FG should terminate all train journeys outside city limits.
5 Turn over all rail transport within city limits to the state for mass transit.
6 Toll roads
7 taxes on parking

In other countries, you get conventional trains like every 15min while in lagos, you would have to wait hour or even days to see 1 train.

haaa, you want to kill the fulfilment of the average Nigerian. If dem never drive car go village, dem never dey successful oo grin
Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by ken4jj(m): 9:43am On May 10, 2016
allthingsgood:
Na only nursery school kids full NL this early morning. They left the topic to be making noise about avengers or no avengers. Smh

All these silly write ups are western paid journalist whose sole agenda is to ridicule nigerian, drive away foreign investors and thereby force us to remain poor and keep begging for their loans. I have said it before, this in nothing but international politics, punishment for dining with china! Period.

You are right,all our problems are from the western world. They told our leaders not to build quality roads, high speed trains, good schools,good health care system, electricity,refineries etc. In fact, when our leaders go abroad,they tell them never to make Abuja look like Washington D.C and Lagos look like Amsterdam and they must send their children to their schools and hospitals. They also tell them to embezzle money so that we will suffer.

You see this the western world hate us and China will tell our leaders to do all these good things so that Nigerians will enjoy.

3 Likes

Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by Nobody: 9:43am On May 10, 2016
Hahahahahs! Now its easy to blame 'the avengers' forgetting that there was no fuel in the first place.
This country has indeed gone to the dogs

4 Likes

Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by whitebeard(m): 9:44am On May 10, 2016
pls tell new York times thank you..when we start our own no body should talk ooo..!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Account Balance Is Less Than $10m – Patience Jonathan / I Will Commence Palliatives Works On Lagos-badagry Expressway Tomorrow-sanwo-olu / Imran Molaasan: Yoruba Muslims Will Suffocate If Nigeria Disintegrates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.