Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,123 members, 7,821,847 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article (22802 Views)

The Case Of Nigeria's Missing President: Newyork Times / Jimoh Ibrahim Congratulates Trump, Shades TB Joshua / Lucozade Nigeria Shades President Buhari In New Hilarious Ad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by lomprico(m): 11:47am On May 10, 2016
FanYogo1:

Anything against Buhari is supported by the 5%. Let them continue.
If you were told by ur mum that u will get 5% of food ration for supporting ur dad while ur siblings get 95% for supported her in a competition they took and which she won. Will u be happy with her??
Be honest!

1 Like

Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by M4gunners: 11:51am On May 10, 2016
shogotermies:

mr Australopithecus,how is this about a failed govt? oh! I remember,a failed govt since GEJ ruled for 6years,.
I still wonder y GEJ negotiate with terrorist, they are inhuman and destructive.
we don't negotiate with terrorist, we kill terrorist.
And Mr,how dare you call someone a zombie,oh! I see!! it takes a zombie to know a zombie.
Must you quote me if you don't know what to say? Just look how you are contradicting yourself.
We don't negotiate with terrorist, we kill terrorist. The one's that was given amnesty yesterday by fg are prayer warriors i guess? Mehn commot from my face before i throw you back hand!

1 Like

Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by embedhyke: 11:57am On May 10, 2016
Onegai:
Oduastates No.5 on your list was already implemented by Lagos state government, LAGBUS. They did not maintain them so the traffic reduction that happened immediately after that launched want back up. We lack maintainence culture. Lagos state has refused to make water transportation work and has never bothered to try and even educate the Danfo drivers (that can organise driver education for NURTW people) so a congestion charge will punish the masses.

People will come and insult the author of the article. She did not say one single lie in there, she didn't even have to exaggerate. Why are we still deceiving ourselves? Like Chxta said on Twitter, the National animal of the U.S. is an eagle, the National animal of Nigeria should be an ostrich. Because we like burying our heads in the sand to deceive ourselves.

Why is everyone suddenly blaming NDA for fuel.scarcity and no light? We've been suffering these things long before they bombed last week.

When are we going to start holding state government's and governors responsible? I'm from the SS and all of my state's past governors have not achieved anything meaningful but are quick to whip up sentiment towards the Federal Govt. And gullible people follow. The oil companies have paid out billions for oil spills and everyone in power from governor to local chiefs have shared the money without even building a health centre in their village yet they will ginger youths to die for them. Sheer stvpidity.
So correct.... when you go to bayelsa especially the creeks, you wonder if they have a state governor or not. I have lived in every geopolitical zone in Nigeria and I can tell you that the SS is the worst. I don't support NDA but there is a chunk of sense in their demands. The land use act should be abolished as it has not helped anybody. And then you hear of the huge amount of money these oil companies pay and you are shocked that the SS zone is still underdeveloped. God help 9ja.

1 Like

Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by Nobody: 11:58am On May 10, 2016
God help Nigeria!
Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by gaddafe(m): 12:00pm On May 10, 2016
allthingsgood:
Na only nursery school kids full NL this early morning. They left the topic to be making noise about avengers or no avengers. Smh

All these silly write ups are western paid journalist whose sole agenda is to ridicule nigerian, drive away foreign investors and thereby force us to remain poor and keep begging for their loans. I have said it before, this in nothing but international politics, punishment for dining with china! Period.

First lets even thank God the kids are saying something today and not writing "H" or "." in every post.

secondly, you said the write up is aimed at scaring away foreign investors, well this is quite funny. What you should be concerned about is if the report is true or not.

1 Like

Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by sniperr007(m): 12:04pm On May 10, 2016
FanYogo1:
Is it false? Keep bombing pipelines. As for the Igbos egging them on, make dem no complain or blame Buhari. The kitchen is just getting hot.

U just blamed the militants and ipob. Ve u forgottn dat its government policies that give birth to these groups.

The government (past and present) should take the blame. For not forming a more inclusive government and not properly educating the masses.

Nxt tym don't blame d pple with blaming their leaders for not leading them right.
Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by sucess001(m): 12:06pm On May 10, 2016
FanYogo1:

It's about the failed government? Why won't the government fail when ND avengers keep blowing up pipelines? Use your common sense. This is a catch-22.

Was fuel not scarce before the Avengers bombed?

speak intelligibly pls.
Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by Nobody: 12:19pm On May 10, 2016
Waiting patiently for common sense Senator of Twitter Constituency to reply-
Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by project7(m): 12:42pm On May 10, 2016
Even the whites are putting more efforts than the black men of this world to make Africa better but for our overwhelming wickedness to our selves it will not work.

I give up on this country.

KekeNash:
Africa will never be a better place
Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by yaki84: 1:03pm On May 10, 2016
FanYogo1:

It's about the failed government? Why won't the government fail when ND avengers keep blowing up pipelines? Use your common sense. This is a catch-22.

protecting pipelines is now rocket science?
Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by Djtm(m): 3:40pm On May 10, 2016
Wow! Nice article! Almost like a novel.
Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by Deepfreezer(m): 3:58pm On May 10, 2016
Yaaaaay they aint seen nothing yet. the avengers should blow every damnnn pipeline till Nigeria doesn't make one kobo out of oil. I've said it before. this oil was supposed to be a blessing to this nation, but now it has turned to a curse.
Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by Deepfreezer(m): 3:59pm On May 10, 2016
Yaaaaay they aint seen nothing yet. the avengers should blow every damnnn pipeline till Nigeria doesn't make one kobo out of oil. I've said it before. this oil was supposed to be a blessing to this nation, but now it has turned to a curse. .
Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by nextstep(m): 4:12pm On May 10, 2016
This is not throwing shade, this is reporting facts. How many hours have I lost this year in queues for fuel? From Lagos, to Kwara, to Delta, Ogun, Osun. Can you blame anyone for being short-tempered, after spending two hours in the hot sun waiting for fuel?

Abeg we should stop spending time being sensitive, and more time actually working on solutions.

1 Like

Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by Yorubasgreat(f): 4:48pm On May 10, 2016
allthingsgood:
Na only nursery school kids full NL this early morning. They left the topic to be making noise about avengers or no avengers. Smh

All these silly write ups are western paid journalist whose sole agenda is to ridicule nigerian, drive away foreign investors and thereby force us to remain poor and keep begging for their loans. I have said it before, this in nothing but international politics, punishment for dining with china! Period.

While all you said may or may not be true.. One thing remains the truth, "the write-up"..

Pay more attention on the problem to envisage the solution.

African are always more interested in who is saying what, not on what 'who' was saying..

1 Like

Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by allthingsgood: 4:54pm On May 10, 2016
Yorubasgreat:

While all you said may or may not be true.. One thing remains the truth, "the write-up"..

Pay more attention on the problem to envisage the solution.

African are always more interested in who is saying what, not on what 'who' was saying..

Dont be naive. The people criticizing your country, are their own perfect?? You should think intelligently not just swallow every shite you are force fed.

Every country has its own challenged. You dont need to be excited because someone is broadcasting your negatives to the whole world! Be wise
Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by musicwriter(m): 6:21pm On May 10, 2016
oduastates:
Depending on which part of the world you are,
Nigerians are considered as dysfunctional freaks.
Most of the problems stems from the fact that,the people in position to influence issues are either lawyers or finance experts.
As a result,experimentation and evidence based solutions is beyond them.
The solution is always money,money and more money.

You do not need an economist ( mostly quacks) to solve this problem.
I have written about this before. it used to be like that in lagos and his applicable to all cities apart a few.

SUMMARY
reduce the number of private cars on the road and change behaviour thereby leading to the reduction in the amount Nigeria spends on petrol.

1 bicycles and bicycles lane
2 congestion charges
3 expensive driving licenses
4 FG should terminate all train journeys outside city limits.
5 Turn over all rail transport within city limits to the state for mass transit.
6 Toll roads
7 taxes on parking

In other countries, you get conventional trains like every 15min while in lagos, you would have to wait hour or even days to see 1 train.

The line in bold is what I have also independently concluded as the core of our backwardness. It's basically the cause of poverty in third world countries- lack of scientific approach to problem solving. And it boils down to our model of education.

Recently, Rotimi Amechi had to employ the world bank to help him formulate policies for effective transport administration in Nigeria!. Our transport minister have no solution!!.

System of education is the culprit, and it was deliberately engineered that way by Britain.

1 Like

Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by Yorubasgreat(f): 6:34am On May 11, 2016
allthingsgood:

Dont be naive. The people criticizing your country, are their own perfect?? You should think intelligently not just swallow every shite you are force fed.

Every country has its own challenged. You dont need to be excited because someone is broadcasting your negatives to the whole world! Be wise

In other words, you are saying we should continue to swallow this particular poo the politicians down here are force feeding.. If shaming all of us out there would be a solution to this treachery called governance, why not?

Almost all our politicians has their dream life outside of this country built with our common wealth, so it's fact that they respect and fear the laws outside our shores more..
So the only viable treats that sustains is the ones directed to their lives outside of Nigeria..

You can't use this decieteful "shut-up" on everyone..
I always utilize any opportunity to broadcast and re-broadcats bad news to foreigners..

I won't allow them to lock me down like North Korea, people out there must be aware of their deeds at every given time..

You can't change that..

1 Like

Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by Yorubasgreat(f): 6:35am On May 11, 2016
musicwriter:

The line in bold is what I have also independently concluded as the core of our backwardness. It's basically the cause of poverty in third world countries- lack of scientific approach to problem solving. And it boils down to our model of education.

Recently, Rotimi Amechi had to employ the world bank to help him formulate policies for effective transport administration in Nigeria!. Our transport minister have no solution!!.

System of education is the culprit, and it was deliberately engineered that way by Britain.

Boy you go school!
Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by Ghost447(m): 7:02am On May 11, 2016
erusen:
lack of logical and rational thinking is the problem,intelligent people look beyond tribe,religion,clan and any other classification that divide humanity and make decisions based on common sense,rather than clamouring for something that will bring no good
Not applicable in Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

IPOB Women Storm The Streets Of Abakiliki, Ebonyi State. Photos / 2023: Don't Vote For Anybody Who Tells You It Will Be Easy - Sanusi (Video) / Zelensky: Israel War Is Taking Attention Away From Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.