Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,142 members, 7,821,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article (22803 Views)

The Case Of Nigeria's Missing President: Newyork Times / Jimoh Ibrahim Congratulates Trump, Shades TB Joshua / Lucozade Nigeria Shades President Buhari In New Hilarious Ad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by samplegirl(f): 9:47am On May 10, 2016
FlatheadCoward:

Jonathan is still clueless. ND Militants bombing their own region confirms the regional cluelessness.

Just as boko haram were and are still destroying their region and their people.
Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by FlatheadCoward: 9:49am On May 10, 2016
samplegirl:

Just as boko haram were and are still destroying their region and their people.

Yep. After una don destroy your region finish, FG go offer more amnesty to quiet you for a lil bit of time till the money starts running low again. Your 'freedom fighters' know the deal.
Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by shogotermies(m): 9:49am On May 10, 2016
M4gunners:
God why do you allowed a Zombie to comment before me . This is not about Igbo's or ND,it is about failed government.

mr Australopithecus,how is this about a failed govt? oh! I remember,a failed govt since GEJ ruled for 6years,.
I still wonder y GEJ negotiate with terrorist, they are inhuman and destructive.
we don't negotiate with terrorist, we kill terrorist.
And Mr,how dare you call someone a zombie,oh! I see!! it takes a zombie to know a zombie.
Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by Nobody: 9:49am On May 10, 2016
Let me give you a heads up so you can truly appreciate how fùcked tgis country really is
Fuel is the only source of revenue and oil aint worth shìt
Baba is trying to secure the little worthless oil that is left problem is its gonna cost a lot lot more to secure those pipelines. It will mean employing more troops and those troops are not gonna have an easy time. they wont march in and out. If not handled properly its gonna be a looong war and war costs money which we dont have
Meanwhile the currency is shìt you can buy all the Innoson motors you want wont change the status ....thats it for now

2 Likes

Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by IAmTobore(m): 9:49am On May 10, 2016
FanYogo1:

It's about the failed government? Why won't the government fail when ND avengers keep blowing up pipelines? Use your common sense. This is a catch-22.
Fuel scarcity was already on before they started their operation. The reason behind their operation is that, undermining the availability of oil and gas, there is still no fuel and light. So what have the government been doing with the ones generated?

3 Likes

Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by Onegai(f): 9:55am On May 10, 2016
Oduastates No.5 on your list was already implemented by Lagos state government, LAGBUS. They did not maintain them so the traffic reduction that happened immediately after that launched want back up. We lack maintainence culture. Lagos state has refused to make water transportation work and has never bothered to try and even educate the Danfo drivers (that can organise driver education for NURTW people) so a congestion charge will punish the masses.

People will come and insult the author of the article. She did not say one single lie in there, she didn't even have to exaggerate. Why are we still deceiving ourselves? Like Chxta said on Twitter, the National animal of the U.S. is an eagle, the National animal of Nigeria should be an ostrich. Because we like burying our heads in the sand to deceive ourselves.

Why is everyone suddenly blaming NDA for fuel.scarcity and no light? We've been suffering these things long before they bombed last week.

When are we going to start holding state government's and governors responsible? I'm from the SS and all of my state's past governors have not achieved anything meaningful but are quick to whip up sentiment towards the Federal Govt. And gullible people follow. The oil companies have paid out billions for oil spills and everyone in power from governor to local chiefs have shared the money without even building a health centre in their village yet they will ginger youths to die for them. Sheer stvpidity.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by longayink: 9:58am On May 10, 2016
All these Oyibo media sef. During the last presidential election campaign, they campaigned heavily for Buhari whom they called a no nonsense man.

Even two to three days to the election proper, CNN's Christian Amanpour of Iranian parentage staged a campaign for Buhari through a CNN Live talk-shop program with Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, the Emir of Kano. Both of them berated Jonathan government as the most unworthy.

Oyibo has gotten what they wanted: Nigeria's crude oil in their hands once their usually friendly northern leaders are in charge of Nigeria.

Oyibo has gotten what they wanted Nigeria to be: a country of suffer heads after the election, as this author described the suffering situstion in Nigeria here.

Life goes on for those who can survive the present conditions in Nigeria. Oyibo works like Mafioso. Zombies in Nigeria were fooled.
Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by mmsen: 9:59am On May 10, 2016

The ugly witch behind the article.

The picture explains the venom.
Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by olad54: 10:04am On May 10, 2016
everything is being blamed on the government especially the president. this is a free world, anybody and everybody is free to write whatever comes across their brain. the western world has their drawbacks.be proud of your country and stop comparing Nigeria with the western world.it took them more than hundred years before they could get to where they are today. nigeria could be a greater country if we all participate in her development and progress. let us make the good out of the bad situation.
Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by sagaxity(m): 10:04am On May 10, 2016
Is it the bombing of pipelines that caused fuel scarcity My dear wake up you have slept so long
Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by longayink: 10:04am On May 10, 2016
mmsen:

The ugly witch behind the article.

The picture explains the venom.

But she described what she saw in Nigeria.
So what makes her qualify for an ugly witch?

2 Likes

Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by Princedapace(m): 10:05am On May 10, 2016
FanYogo1:

It's about the failed government? Why won't the government fail when ND avengers keep blowing up pipelines? Use your common sense. This is a catch-22.

Jonathan faced this same challenges my brother...

What makes a leader a true leader is for him to come up with a workable strategy to solve the problem. Leadership is not a bed of roses
Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by Nobody: 10:06am On May 10, 2016
This is just d plain truth.. but who are we to blame? The govt. Or d Niger delta saboteurs?..
I say d fookin Niger delta saboteurs..? angry
Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by Codes151(m): 10:06am On May 10, 2016
M4gunners:
Since when did the Avengers start blowing up pipelines? Call a spade a spade.Stop defending this government, because you and i are suffering it.
don't mind them! Some people just come here and be vomiting cr*p! Oil oil oil oil... they don't know the challenges we facing cuz of it? Or the abuse? Or the neglect of even the locals?

2 Likes

Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by IRserveMyComent(f): 10:07am On May 10, 2016
FanYogo1:
Is it false? Keep bombing pipelines. As for the Igbos egging them on, make dem no complain or blame Buhari. The kitchen is just getting hot.
Just shot your mouth. Did buhari tell you the fuel scarcity was caused by pipeline explosion?
Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by dvee2: 10:08am On May 10, 2016
M4gunners:
God why do you allowed a Zombie to comment before me . This is not about Igbo's or ND,it is about failed government.

YOU ARE VERY CORRECT,IT IS ABOUT FAILED GOVERNMENT OF PDP PAYING 1.3 BILLION TO OIL CABALS SO THAT OIL BE MADE AVAILABLE, MONEY THAT COULD HAVE BUILT REFINERY. ALLOW THIS 9 MONTHS OLD GOVERNMENT TO CLEAN UP.
Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by mmsen: 10:16am On May 10, 2016
longayink:

Is she attractive?
Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by gidgiddy: 10:19am On May 10, 2016
FanYogo1:

That's what happens in any country when they elect a man with very low leadership skills as president. The minorities just had their brother thrown out of office. Instead of Buhari to reach out everyone regardless of who voted for him or not, instead of Buhari to stand by his "I belong to everyone and to no one". Instead of Buhari to be president of Nigeria rather than president of APC, Instead of Buhari to carry everyone along............... Buhari came in and started the very thing that made his comrades kick him out as military ruler in the 80's. His exclusive Government of northerners, his lack of respect for the rule of law, his arbitrary economic policies that has tripled the price of everything, his lack of transparency has all culminated in the return of the Niger-Delta militants and the rise in the agitation for Biafra. Even with all this, Buharis government could have chosen dialogue. But like the dictator he is, Buhari chose military force and his military are now responsible for hundreds of Shia,IPOB and Niger-Delta deaths. It is in this atmosphere that anyone expects me to be against what the Avengers are doing in their own land? I laugh in Igbo. It is their land, it is their oil. It was their land and Oil long before there was anything called Nigeria. While I do not support unnecessary violence, I'm not about to criticise the method of self determination anyone employs in their own land. If Buhari feels too high and mighty to engage the militants in dialogue then that is his business.

JFK said "Those who make peaceful agitation impossible make violent agitation inevitable"

4 Likes

Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by Reddington(m): 10:24am On May 10, 2016
"A billboard with a man clutching his head taunted the stalled motorists: 'Need pain relief?'"
grin
Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by Feraz(m): 10:44am On May 10, 2016
allthingsgood:
Na only nursery school kids full NL this early morning. They left the topic to be making noise about avengers or no avengers. Smh

All these silly write ups are western paid journalist whose sole agenda is to ridicule nigerian, drive away foreign investors and thereby force us to remain poor and keep begging for their loans. I have said it before, this in nothing but international politics, punishment for dining with china! Period.
Pray tell, what is silly in the writeup? How is your people suffering a 'punishment for dining with China?' Is it that people do not queue for hours to get fuel despite being an oil producing nation or that there is electricity? I stood under the rain since 7:00am and returned at about 10:12am, all drenched, paid almost 4000 for the yellow 25litres jerrycan (you do not expect me to carry a big generator to the filling station, do you?) just to get fuel to power my home and preserve the food in the refrigerator. How are they ridiculing Nigeria? The same foreign investors you APC stalwarts called 'paper investors'? I ask again, what is silly in the writeup? Kindly point it out. Thank you.

Onegai:
We lack maintainence culture. Lagos state has refused to make water transportation work and has never bothered to try and even educate the Danfo drivers (that can organise driver education for NURTW people) so a congestion charge will punish the masses.
This same lack of maintenance culture is why our refineries are bad, why universities are dilapidated, why the roads are not in good conditions, why our power plants are not working at the installed capacity, why we pay expatriates to come help us fix things that otherwise, if we had invested in technical education, would be a piece of cake. I still ask myself the same question: why is water transportation in Lagos not working?

People will come and insult the author of the article. She did not say one single lie in there, she didn't even have to exaggerate. Why are we still deceiving ourselves?
They have already started like the guy I quoted above. We just love pretending that all is well most times in this country due to our political, religious and ethnic affiliation.

Like Chxta said on Twitter, the National animal of the U.S. is an eagle, the National animal of Nigeria should be an ostrich. Because we like burying our heads in the sand to deceive ourselves.
grin grin grin grin grin

Why is everyone suddenly blaming NDA for fuel.scarcity and no light? We've been suffering these things long before they bombed last week. When are we going to start holding state government's and governors responsible? I'm from the SS and all of my state's past governors have not achieved anything meaningful but are quick to whip up sentiment towards the Federal Govt. And gullible people follow. The oil companies have paid out billions for oil spills and everyone in power from governor to local chiefs have shared the money without even building a health centre in their village yet they will ginger youths to die for them. Sheer stvpidity.
Of course, there has to be a fall guy to take the blame for the government's incompetence and make it look like all was well before the bombing started. The bolded, I am still waiting for that day. But given the fact that there is too much power at the centre, it may take long before Nigerians realise that state and local governments are to be held accountable.

2 Likes

Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by silvoice(m): 10:52am On May 10, 2016
I Lay a curse on anyone who defend politicians simply because he or she is benefiting from them, is from the same tribe or party. I don't care which side you belong to. PDP and APC are the same and their sycophants. Are mainly idiots who will all receive their reward when the time come. Indeed, #there was a country.
Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by mark3009(m): 11:02am On May 10, 2016
FanYogo1:
Is it false? Keep bombing pipelines. As for the Igbos egging them on, make dem no complain or blame Buhari. The kitchen is just getting hot.
In all fairness this mess started way before the renewed ND offensive. Are they the ones who crippled the refineries? Are the ones who prevented Nigeria(the 6th largest oil producer) from being able to refine her own crude oil?
Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by mark3009(m): 11:06am On May 10, 2016
FanYogo1:

The government started failing from day one, with no clear and articulate policy on any sector of the economy. Can anyone tell this governments policy on education? The economy? Power?... Pointing accusing fingers at your predecessors is not a policy.
Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by cmikkee: 11:09am On May 10, 2016
They should do that so that the world would see the mess that we voted into power... Unfortunately he doesn't care in the least if we all are alive or not
Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by Bobxin: 11:09am On May 10, 2016
FanYogo1:

It failed even before ND avengers started blowing up pipelinespipelines
Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by Bobxin: 11:11am On May 10, 2016
longayink:

She's a good writer, it was as if I was reading THE LAST DAYS OF AGONY IN NIGERIA
Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by mark3009(m): 11:13am On May 10, 2016
allthingsgood:
Na only nursery school kids full NL this early morning. They left the topic to be making noise about avengers or no avengers. Smh

All these silly write ups are western paid journalist whose sole agenda is to ridicule nigerian, drive away foreign investors and thereby force us to remain poor and keep begging for their loans. I have said it before, this in nothing but international politics, punishment for dining with china! Period.
On the contrary you are the one with the nursery school mentality. Are you saying the scenario described in the writeup is not a true representation of the Nigerian situation? I am assuming you have the ability to read and comprehend.
Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by mark3009(m): 11:17am On May 10, 2016
FlatheadCoward:

Jonathan is still clueless. ND Militants bombing their own region confirms the regional cluelessness.
Is it not better to bomb and destroy rather than allow persons from other regions come and enjoy the resources in your land while you are deprived of said resources.
Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by FlatheadCoward: 11:19am On May 10, 2016
mark3009:

Is it not better to bomb and destroy rather than allow persons from other regions come and enjoy the resources in your land while you are deprived of said resources.

Continue bombing. Bomb major roads, bridges and official buildings if you like:
Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by gentleheart1(f): 11:21am On May 10, 2016
The idiots blaming the Niger Delta militants for Buhari's incompetence and stupidity should do us a favour and jump into the lagoon, y'all are as dumb and stupid as Buhari.
Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by stonemasonn: 11:31am On May 10, 2016
Obijulius:

Stop debating with this person.

They say oil is now useless yet they are crying more than the bereaved.

I like what the Avengers are doing and I think every 5percenter should give his moral, spiritual and financial support.

It's time to balance the equation.

Money from the Niger Delta was used to build Lagos and Abuja...the Avengers should move immediately to demolish the proceeds of crime and injustice.

Anybody who does not like it should man up and agitate for their own country.
the[b][/b] Avengers are obviously doing the bidding of Ipob instead of fighting for their emancipation.
Re: Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article by KekeNash(f): 11:36am On May 10, 2016
Africa will never be a better place

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Amaechi Embezzled N3trn As Governor – Rivers Govt / Goodluck Jonathan Visits Governor Wike, Holds Closed Door Meeting (Photos) / ‘Late Tunde Idiagbon Was A Very Rare Example Of Loyalty To Fatherland’ –Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.