Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,648 members, 7,813,184 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:21 AM

The Righteousness Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Righteousness Of God (391 Views)

Holineness And Righteousness Revival Messages And Bible Verses / The Righteousness Of God By FAITH / 12 Signs Of Self-righteousness And Pharisee-ism Among Christians Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Righteousness Of God by yommyuk: 7:09am On May 10, 2016
The righteousness of God, one of the most prominent attributes of God in the Scriptures, is also one of the most elusive. The righteousness of God is a spiritual concept a lot of believers do not have the full understanding of its true meaning. I have heard a lot of sermons in which this notion is widely overlooked. When the bible is read, it is simply ignored as a rock near the sea. What an oversight!

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
It is the natural expression of his Holiness. He cannot do wrong. He is who he said he is. He is just.

ARE WE RIGHTEOUSNESS?
We have no ability to achieve righteousness in and of ourselves. But Christians possess the righteousness of Christ, because “God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God” (2 Corinthians 5:21). This is an amazing truth. On the cross, Jesus exchanged our sin for His perfect righteousness so that we can one day stand before God and He will see not our sin, but the holy righteousness of the Lord Jesus.

PURSUE RIGHTEOUSNESS
We pursue righteousness when we pursue the character of Christ and desire holiness more than fleshly indulgence. He commands us to “walk in the Spirit” (Galatians 5:16, 25). Walking in the Spirit means we live a lifestyle of total surrender to the Lordship of Jesus Christ. We cultivate the ability to hear God and the habit of obeying His voice in everything.

CONCLUSION
As you go out today, say to your spirit that I want to be the expression of God Holiness in whatever I do today. I will walk in the Spirit and shall overcome the flesh. I will be a winner for Christ. Being a winner is not doing the will of the devil, but putting him to shame.

IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS wink

(1) (Reply)

How To Argue With An Atheist / PREMIUM TIMES SPECIAL: Kano Killing: What Islam Says About Blasphemy And Killing / Is God A Loving Father?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.