Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,553 members, 7,827,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? (26803 Views)

10 Costly Mistakes University Students Make In Their First Year / First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. / How To Identify First Year Students (Hilarious Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by Emmysteve(m): 12:38pm On May 10, 2016
Refrain from too much play and 2 going. It may be the beginning of turning yourself from University failure to University success.

1 Like

Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by dekronik: 12:39pm On May 10, 2016
Back in 2003, Titi my coursemate got 0.00 GP in our 100L first semester exams. Realising what needs to be done, she quicly realised that her sexy body and hairy chest, coupled with her mothers money will do the trick. fast forward 2008 and Titi graduated with a 3.25. now Titi is a big girl working in Abuja with a govt. telecom regulator. im not saying you should be like titi but im just saying its damn too early to write yourself off. if Titi, who we used to call "micro GP" because of her failed courses could do it, why cant you?
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by abdulwastecx(m): 12:42pm On May 10, 2016
DonnyE:
Mathematically speaking,you can still do well and even graduate with a first class,cos your first year is only about 10% of CGPA.However u seriously need to be more focused and dedicated to your education as u have been on NL

Mathematically speaking, I don't think so. Your first year is 2/9 x 100 = 22.2% of your cgpa. I graduated from fut Minna and I know the system work.
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by OgeneUkwenu(f): 12:44pm On May 10, 2016
No be by force to go school. Drop your books and join the touts in the streets.
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by TCaffiliate: 12:46pm On May 10, 2016
universityfailu:
[b]Hi all, my name is universityfailure, am a popular nairalander here but decided to create a new acct for this as I cannot face d shame.

Am a student of FUTMINNA 100Lvl mathematics dept, I was formerly in fedPOLYBIDA but left there as soon as I got uni admission.

After my 1st semester exam, i check my result; 5F, 2E and 1D.
I calculated my GP to see 0.7
Am so confused, i was a really intelligent secondary sch, my JAMB was okay, NECO nd WAEC 5A nd 7A's respectively.

My father would be so ashamed of me if i told him.
I messedup in poly nd now messingup in uni.
Am i haunted or what?

Am tired, shud i drop out of school?

Am 18yrs nd my future looks blunt.
sad

If i cant secure a 1.5CGPA, I'd be pursued from d uni.
Though d result of my set was mostly bad (GP's lower than 1.0) but thats no excuse for me.
I understand am not reading very hard but i sometimes lack motivation to read! sad

I just want to graduate and get a comfortable job even if i teach in sec schools, am okay. I need to at least get 2nd class lower.

Help me with advice pls cry

Mods help me with FP, so nairalanders can help with advice. [/b]
From your post,i noticed 3 things that could be the cause: (1) you have a low expectation - like someone already pointed out. (2) you don't work hard enough - like you admitted (3) I don't think you're passionate enough about your course. Do you love what you're studying? You see,there's no short-cut to true success academically,apart from aiming high,loving your course of study and reading and working very hard. What separate an average student from a very good student are just these things i mentioned. Aim high (give yourself a target GP),work very hard towards that and love what you do.
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by universityfailu(m): 12:47pm On May 10, 2016
dekronik:
Back in 2003, Titi my coursemate got 0.00 GP in our 100L first semester exams. Realising what needs to be done, she quicly realised that her sexy body and hairy chest, coupled with her mothers money will do the trick. fast forward 2008 and Titi graduated with a 3.25. now Titi is a big girl working in Abuja with a govt. telecom regulator. im not saying you should be like titi but im just saying its damn too early to write yourself off. if Titi, who we used to call "micro GP" because of her failed courses could do it, why cant you?
what trick did she do
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by universityfailu(m): 12:48pm On May 10, 2016
TCaffiliate:
From your post,i noticed 3 things that could be the cause: (1) you have a low expectation - like someone already pointed out. (2) you don't work hard enough - like you admitted (3) I don't think you're passionate enough about your course. Do you love what you're studying? You see,there's no short-cut to true success academically,apart from aiming high,loving your course of study and reading and working very hard. What separate an average student from a very good student are just these things i mentioned. Aim high (give yourself a target GP),work very hard towards that and love what you do.
yes, i love my course
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by Nobody: 12:50pm On May 10, 2016
princy80:
"am 18 yes nd my future looks blunt"... bro never say this again! I know how many people in universities dat are over 30 n are still trying to create a bright future for themselves and u r only 18.

there is much hope for you to have a CGPA of above 1.5 after ur first semester exams. all u need to do is study seriously.

for ur lack of motivation in studies I must say something; u lack a winning spirit n ur ambition is too low which will not help u in life. u nid to change dat mentality. if not for anything study because of ur parents. study to make them proud of u. study because u don't want to drop out of school. study because u want to educated.

lastly I think u r setting a low target for urself. " I just want to graduate and get a comfortable job even
if i teach in sec schools, am okay. I need to at least
get 2nd class lower". set a higher ambition for urself bro, believe in yourself. giving up isn't an option, u must make it. u are not worthless and u can never be worthless!

be serious with ur studies bro, it might seem impossible but target a GP of 4.0 when studying n u'll b alright.

SOCIAL MEDIA ISN'T YOUR PROBLEM, UR MENTALITY IS.
have a nice day.

Well said!

1 Like

Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by Nobody: 12:56pm On May 10, 2016
OgeneUkwenu:
No be by force to go school. Drop your books and join the touts in the streets.

Haha. sad

Not fair at all.

See him like your younger brother.
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by Donpizzle(m): 12:57pm On May 10, 2016
DonnyE:
Mathematically speaking,you can still do well and even graduate with a first class,cos your first year is only about 10% of CGPA.However u seriously need to be more focused and dedicated to your education as u have been on NL
Nt true.....infact e CANT make 2.1 unless he can do a DADA. 5.0 GPA every semester.
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by blackboy2star(m): 1:00pm On May 10, 2016
You not worthless but lessworth grin
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by Kakamorufu(m): 1:04pm On May 10, 2016
universityfailu:
[b]Hi all, my name is universityfailure, am a popular nairalander here but decided to create a new acct for this as I cannot face d shame.

Am a student of FUTMINNA 100Lvl mathematics dept, I was formerly in fedPOLYBIDA but left there as soon as I got uni admission.

Am so confused, i was a really intelligent secondary sch, my JAMB was okay, NECO nd WAEC 5A nd 7A's respectively.

Am i haunted or what?

sad

Though d result of my set was mostly bad (GP's lower than 1.0) but thats no excuse for me.
I understand am not reading very hard but i sometimes lack motivation to read! sad

I just want to graduate and get a comfortable job even if i teach in sec schools, am okay. I need to at least get 2nd class lower.

See, guy quit social media, move around with bookwarms, let them motivate you. Cos you are serious with book dosen't mean u won't have a great social life.

Heed b4 it gets late
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by TCaffiliate: 1:06pm On May 10, 2016
universityfailu:
yes, i love my course
Good. Then all you need to do is to aim high and work very hard. Determine to be one of the best in your class. Working hard doesn't just mean spending hours reading; it means reading and studying until you are sure you know exactly what each topic or subheading is talking about; reading to the extent that you can explain each point by heart without looking at your book,even if it means cramming... Just make sure that after cramming,you'll remember it later. There's glory,joy,fulfillment, pride and self-confidence that come when you know you put in your best and came out very successful. Be the best in your class.
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by peppo4live: 1:13pm On May 10, 2016
the course you don't have passion for can't give you the desired cgpa......Go for the course you naturally love to study, by doing so lack of motivation to reading will disappear better still you can still change your course of study before it is too late.
thanks
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by jhoesee(m): 1:20pm On May 10, 2016
Gp of 0.7....lmao....u r unfortunate kus u r a popular figure on nairaland... Lemme say it in yoruba oti soriburuku....
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by doneyor(m): 1:22pm On May 10, 2016
I had 0.13 GP in my First semester in a class of 41students but ended up graduating as top in a final class of 5 students with second class lower from University of Calabar where I studied Marine Physics (Physical oceanography). Out of 41 students, 36 were withdrawn in year 1, 5 students made it to final year but only two could graduate. If only you will short down on every thing in life and study round the clock from now till the day of your final exam for second semester, I bet you will smile back home.

If you are on holiday, don't go home, get all the materials for second semester from your senior colleague in school, get a privacy and make sure u read as if it were you last chance on earth.

With a GP of 0.13 in my first semester year one, I used the above method to hit a GP of over 2. in my second semester and when it was divided for my CGPA , I had 1.16 as CGPA of which 1point and above was needed to progress to year 2.

It's so unfortunate u need 1.5. You have to sacrifice there rest of your days to actualise this.Bring God closer and make sure you sew the most painful seed in your church in regards to this mission. I sewed my own seed and heaven knew I meant business. I pray for you for i know how you are feeling right now.

universityfailu:

Am i haunted or what?

sad

1 Like

Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by vincyxtreme(m): 1:25pm On May 10, 2016
From most indications you've not seen yourself a success, and until you do, you cannot subdue failure. Change your mind sect, I believe you can because you shared your challenge, that's a step to the transformation you are about to experience. Pls Let me invite you to church this sunday "house on the rock minna" you will be inspired. Shalom
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by Topestbilly(m): 1:54pm On May 10, 2016
robsisi:
Nobody is useless, You can be used as a bad example too

Haba!
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by TomiSwag(m): 1:54pm On May 10, 2016
universityfailu:

Am i haunted or what?

sad

This statement says it all.....U don't have any prospects for Ur life. Sorry 4 d harsh statement but if U take a look at d suffering of people on d streets u will pick urself up and read ur books. U can't be satisfied with mediocre achievements. In Ur Second semester start from the beginning. Just be honest with Urself, put away any distractions eg parties, 'excessively' chasing the opposite sex, 'excessive' socializing, keeping late nights etc. Ur just 18yrs old! Youngster, ders so much ahead of U. Get close to God. U need Him.
....and most of all never confess negative stuff about Urself. Stop calling Urself a failure.
I wrote Jamb seven times and now I'm a proud graduate of UNIBEN, finished my NYSC. and by God's grace working and living comfortably. never ever give up on Urself.!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by Rimamsirufun(m): 1:57pm On May 10, 2016
You named yourself, UNIVERSITY FAILURE. if your story is true, firstly change your name.
Follow God well. Get a fellowship that you can visit regularly.
Pray Hard
Read Hard
You lack motivation? Failure is enough motivation. Remain blessed.

#JESUS_SAVES
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by Tonydeeb(m): 2:14pm On May 10, 2016
robsisi:

Well, you are a typical sample of Useless!.
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by veraiyke(m): 2:47pm On May 10, 2016
Dream high and aim high and work hard and you will shine. Dream low and the oppositr will be the case. You are the cause of what you are. Your mind is what you need to reposition. Your attitude must reflect what you dream.
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by donhils: 2:48pm On May 10, 2016
universityfailu:

Am i haunted or what?

sad

My question to you is are you worthless??
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by TopeBush(m): 2:50pm On May 10, 2016
One thing is Nairaland or Social media are not your problem,Time management is the problem.The way you spend your time can really affect you.Second, your aim, there is a saying "aim for the stars so even if you fall you'll land on the moon" if you want to finish with a second class study like you want a first class,thats the way it works.And i wont lie to you,if you are studying a course you dont like or have passion for you wont excel even if youre intelligent. bottom line is Manage your time well,study well,aim high.
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by Nobody: 3:11pm On May 10, 2016
talk2alabama:
Don't u think u frequenting nairaland is d cause for your misfortune? Who popularity for nairaland don help eh?

Look u need to avoid social media at all cost if u ever wish to succeed in your studies. Just avoid it like ebola.. ur gp will increase, simple
AM QUOTING U NOT BCUS U SAID SOMETHING ST*PID BUT BCUS U SAID THE TRUTH.
OP WAS BUZY PRESSING PHONE AND COUNTERING PEOPLE'S OPINION ON NL. NOW THEY DON LOCATE U. OP PLS LEAVE NL 4 NOW AND READ UR BOOKS AND MAKE FRND WITH THE PERSON THAT SCORE A HIGHER GPA. I KW MATHS TODAY, NOT BCUS I WAS BORN A MATH FREAK, BUT BCUS I MADE SERIOUS FRNDSHIP WITH THE SMOKING HEAD, AND I GOT THE MATH VIRUS 4RM THEM. THAT JUST THE SECRET.
IN A COCONUT SHELL, SORI I MEAN IN A NUTSHELL, U NEED PEOPLE TO SUCCEED. ALL DBEST OP.
VIOLA
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by talk2alabama: 3:16pm On May 10, 2016
INVINCIBLECSP:
AM QUOTING U NOT BCUS U SAID SOMETHING ST*PID BUT BCUS U SAID THE TRUTH.
OP WAS BUZY PRESSING PHONE AND COUNTERING PEOPLE'S OPINION ON NL. NOW THEY DON LOCATE U. OP PLS LEAVE NL 4 NOW AND READ UR BOOKS AND MAKE FRND WITH THE PERSON THAT SCORE A HIGHER GPA. I KW MATHS TODAY, NOT BCUS I WAS BORN A MATH FREAK, BUT BCUS I MADE SERIOUS FRNDSHIP WITH THE SMOKING HEAD, AND I GOT THE MATH VIRUS 4RM THEM. THAT JUST THE SECRET.
IN A COCONUT SHELL, SORI I MEAN IN A NUTSHELL, U NEED PEOPLE TO SUCCEED. ALL DBEST OP.
VIOLA
did u just have to quote me? undecided
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by Engineermbugame(m): 3:28pm On May 10, 2016
Peacetemi:
Having 7 A's means nothing if you cheated your way into it. You've been like this since high school, you just never noticed cause you were cheating. Now you have a taste of what reality is, so just face it. And you did mention that you just wanna graduate with a 2nd class lower and work as a sec sch teacher. That is very bad Sir, very bad. Your reason for being in sch should not be just to graduate and get a job, if you think that way you'll find reading very difficult. Scientists claim that when we read we exert more energy than bricklayers, just imagine that. It is not easy to read, so if you want to be motivated your reason for being in school should be for the purpose of gaining knowledge. DONT READ TO PASS, READ TO GAIN KNOWLEDGE. When you read because you want to gain knowledge, you'll find it easy and very soon you'll get used to it.The world is getting tougher, you need as much knowledge as you can get. DONT GIVE UP SIR, ITS NOT AN OPTION. GOODLUCK!!
bro,u made a point.baba GOD BLess u .am also a year 1 studnts.
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by Nobody: 3:31pm On May 10, 2016
talk2alabama:
did u just have to quote me? undecided
U MADE A STRONG POINT WHICH I STRENGTHENED FOR THE OP. TNX
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by Hileykan: 3:42pm On May 10, 2016
Friend! Sincerely I was shocked to know it's FUTMinna, though not surprised. You had cried out & I believe it's one of the right steps needed to get back to your feet.

Am a 300l Cyber Security Science student of FUTMinna, though I can't help, but I think I can link you with friends out there, be it at bosso or GK that'd be glad to take u on tutorials at no cost than being ready yourself.

Drop me your mobile phone contact(s) on one of these links:
0706 555 8260
Hileykan@gmail.com or Hileykan@yahoo.com.
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by macherie1: 3:58pm On May 10, 2016
darkenkach:
It's obvious your aren't good with mathematics, You still have time bro, with 5f in your first year, an extra year is sure for you and you aren't sure if you will be passing the remaining courses. Why not start afresh. And stay away from Niaraland it's a killer of destiny.
If it is a killer of destiny why are you still here? Have you given up on your destiny? To the Op, you might want to re-evaluate the course you are studying. You should probably switch to a course that you have interest in and can handle. Education is key even if you end up with a vocation that does not require a degree. You must also realize that reading does not come easy but you have to study to pass. It is not over for you. You can achieve whatever you set your mind on as long as you are dedicated to it.
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by maleeks(m): 4:20pm On May 10, 2016
robsisi:

you just broke one of my ribs...your too wicked
Re: First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? by Adesege(m): 4:21pm On May 10, 2016
robsisi:

Jes negodu o

shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

MI’s Vector Diss Track Is An Assignment Topic In Ibadan Polytechnic / Police Storm Poly Ibadan To Punish Students Dressed Indecently / Princess Mercy Uwakwe Seeks Arrest Of Dowen College Managers Over Oromoni's Deat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.