Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,101 members, 7,818,290 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

Everton (1) Vs Arsenal (6) On Saturday 15th August - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Everton (1) Vs Arsenal (6) On Saturday 15th August (12512 Views)

Poll: Which team will get their first 3 points?

Everton: 8% (2 votes)
Arsenal: 92% (23 votes)
Draw: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Manchester City Vs Arsenal - (6 - 3) On 14th December 2013 / Chelsea Vs Everton (3 - 1) On Saturday 15th October 2011 / Liverpool Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On Saturday 15th October 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Everton (1) Vs Arsenal (6) On Saturday 15th August by rasputinn(m): 6:25pm On Aug 15, 2009
~Sauron~:

They have been doing this for the past 5 seasons. . . . .
Empty promises n broken dreams.

Just wait and see [size=16pt]The Arsenal [/size] have the last laugh this season
It's a new day H8ERS
Re: Everton (1) Vs Arsenal (6) On Saturday 15th August by Krayola2(m): 6:25pm On Aug 15, 2009
biina:

Moyes is just being stupid. He should sell Lescott and use the money to reinforce his squad. T[b]hey 've looked clueless all over the pitch.
The scoreline is flattering to Arsenal. Arsenal haven't been that good, rather Everton have been that bad
[/b]

I agree with u jare. . . Everton na awuuf

But they've taken their chances well. . . u can only play what is in fron of u, and they're handlin their biz.
Re: Everton (1) Vs Arsenal (6) On Saturday 15th August by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 15, 2009
Almost as if Arsenal is at the Emirates.

Moyes should be bloody ashamed.
Imagine pre-school kids humilating his side.
Re: Everton (1) Vs Arsenal (6) On Saturday 15th August by biina: 6:27pm On Aug 15, 2009
davidylan:

That's absolutely untrue. We've been fairly solid, if this was last season we would have already conceded at least a goal.

What do you mean by "havent been that good"? Did you expect to see us thrashing them 7-0?
Arsenal have been solid, but not the spectacular performance that a 3-0 half time lead over an europa league team would suggest.
Re: Everton (1) Vs Arsenal (6) On Saturday 15th August by chic2pimp(m): 6:27pm On Aug 15, 2009
dayokanu:

EPL is useless How can a top 6 team like Everton be losing 3-0 at home in the first 45 minutes
when I say epl defenders are clueless. Shey u believe me now. Imagine ferdinand cost £30m while lescott would cost £22m
Re: Everton (1) Vs Arsenal (6) On Saturday 15th August by Sauron1: 6:28pm On Aug 15, 2009
dayokanu:

EPL is useless How can a top 6 team like Everton be losing 3-0 at home in the first 45 minutes

How did Bayern lose 5-2 at Allianz Arena last season?
Re: Everton (1) Vs Arsenal (6) On Saturday 15th August by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 15, 2009
Krayola2:

I agree with u jare. . .  Everton na awuuf

But they've taken their chances well. . . u can only play what is in fron of u, and they're handlin their biz.

na lie . . . Everton have actually played very well, we only took our chances. If this was last season we'd never score those freekicks and we'd be trailing 1-0 by now with Toure the chief culprit.

See the ball Verm took off from Osman when Clichy went awol, if na Toure the guy will be backing towards the goal instead of attacking the ball.
Re: Everton (1) Vs Arsenal (6) On Saturday 15th August by HNIC(m): 6:29pm On Aug 15, 2009
It's funny
Lots of people were predicting doom and gloom
Ade and Kolo have left and we are f£$Ked
How many of the top 4 teams have won at Goodison recently?
We are not anywhere yet!
But what a way to start
Re: Everton (1) Vs Arsenal (6) On Saturday 15th August by mukina2: 6:29pm On Aug 15, 2009
BlueDiva:

Almost as if Arsenal is at the Emirates.

Moyes should be bloody ashamed.
Imagine pre-school kids humilating his side.
yes Grandma cheesy
pre-school kids that will deal with ur thugs later on cheesy

LOl sharon you beta me to it grin
was about asking Uncle Dayo oh tongue
Re: Everton (1) Vs Arsenal (6) On Saturday 15th August by rasputinn(m): 6:29pm On Aug 15, 2009
Good first half,impressed with all me [size=16pt]GOONERZ[/size]  grin grin grin
Special recognition to Denilson shocked shocked for the goal and the goal line clearance  cool cool
Re: Everton (1) Vs Arsenal (6) On Saturday 15th August by Nobody: 6:30pm On Aug 15, 2009
biina:

Arsenal have been solid, but not the spectacular performance that a 3-0 half time lead over an europa league team would suggest.

Well Man U wasnt spectacular for 80% of last season, but they ground out enough 1-0 wins courtesy of Ronaldo and thanks to Liverpool's collapse ended up league champions. We dont want spectacular performances all the time, we just want to win! Chelsea never plays spectacular but they are very hard to beat.

I'm fine with this performance, if una no like am abeg go and support Blackburn.  grin
Re: Everton (1) Vs Arsenal (6) On Saturday 15th August by Krayola2(m): 6:30pm On Aug 15, 2009
Everton are a joke mehn, Arsenal ain't playin nothin special. Na wa for these Arsenal fans seff. Every time u criticize their team they will say it's bad belle.   grin grin cheesy why so insecure?
Re: Everton (1) Vs Arsenal (6) On Saturday 15th August by HNIC(m): 6:31pm On Aug 15, 2009
We ain't dancing makossa any more
Ade's legacy isn't being followed sad sad
Re: Everton (1) Vs Arsenal (6) On Saturday 15th August by chic2pimp(m): 6:32pm On Aug 15, 2009
davidylan:

na lie . . . Everton have actually played very well, we only took our chances. If this was last season we'd never score those freekicks and we'd be trailing 1-0 by now with Toure the chief culprit.

See the ball Verm took off from Osman when Clichy went awol, if na Toure the guy will be backing towards the goal instead of attacking the ball.
grin grin grin grin leave toure alone jare
Re: Everton (1) Vs Arsenal (6) On Saturday 15th August by edoyad(m): 6:32pm On Aug 15, 2009
What is this na ? angry
how i nor go discuss my team match for my own house ? angry
that was good display by the boys. Like many have said-all we have to do is reduce goals conceded and the league na our own. grin
i hope that midfield can hold in more difficult games, cos if that's our midfield It's low injury risk one.
Re: Everton (1) Vs Arsenal (6) On Saturday 15th August by Sauron1: 6:32pm On Aug 15, 2009
Krayola2:

Everton are a joke mehn, Arsenal ain't playin nothin special. Na wa for these Arsenal fans seff. Every time u criticize their team they will say it's bad belle.   grin grin cheesy why so insecure?

Leave em alone. . . . . .This will make Wenger keep his hands in his pockets.
He won't be buying anyone.
Re: Everton (1) Vs Arsenal (6) On Saturday 15th August by MrCrackles(m): 6:33pm On Aug 15, 2009
This is nice stuff. . .But one has to question the commitment on the Everton side of things. .

You definitely arnt playing well if two centre backs on the opposing team score goals freely

Anyway, keep it up boys, we wanna be sitting pretty atop tonight and also sending some warnings out!

We back at it like crack addicts. . . . cool
Re: Everton (1) Vs Arsenal (6) On Saturday 15th August by biina: 6:33pm On Aug 15, 2009
Krayola2:

Trophylessness! Games like these are arsenal's claim to five minutes of fame tongue
Re: Everton (1) Vs Arsenal (6) On Saturday 15th August by chic2pimp(m): 6:34pm On Aug 15, 2009
MrCrackles:

This is nice stuff. . .But one has to question the commitment on the Everton side of things. .

You definitely arnt playing well if two centre backs on the opposing team score goals freely

Anyway, keep it up boys, we wanna be sitting pretty atop tonight and also sending some warnings out!

We back at it like crack addicts. . . . cool

i was waiting for u to take the piss out of arsenal haterz
Re: Everton (1) Vs Arsenal (6) On Saturday 15th August by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 15, 2009
It's funny
Lots of people were predicting doom and gloom
Ade and Kolo have left and we are f£$Ked
How many of the top 4 teams have won at Goodison recently?
We are not anywhere yet!
But what a way to start

Can you believe this dude?
Just one game and he's started daydreaming of the CL finals.
Arsenal will def miss Ade and Toure.
Re: Everton (1) Vs Arsenal (6) On Saturday 15th August by follypimpi(m): 6:35pm On Aug 15, 2009
IF we can keep up with the TEAM work,with every1 defending then we stand a chance of winnin something this SEASON.
Re: Everton (1) Vs Arsenal (6) On Saturday 15th August by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 15, 2009
BlueDiva:

Can you believe this dude?
Just one game and he's started daydreaming of the CL finals.
Arsenal will def miss Ade and Toure.

yeah we miss Toure, we havent conceded an early goal yet.
Re: Everton (1) Vs Arsenal (6) On Saturday 15th August by chic2pimp(m): 6:36pm On Aug 15, 2009
davidylan:

Well Man U wasnt spectacular for 80% of last season, but they ground out enough 1-0 wins courtesy of Ronaldo and thanks to Liverpool's collapse ended up league champions. We dont want spectacular performances all the time, we just want to win! Chelsea never plays spectacular but they are very hard to beat.

I'm fine with this performance, if una no like am abeg go and support Blackburn.  grin
the difference between u lot and man united is that they actually win something tangible where as u lot win nothing
Re: Everton (1) Vs Arsenal (6) On Saturday 15th August by rasputinn(m): 6:36pm On Aug 15, 2009
~Sauron~:

Leave em alone. . . . . .This will make Wenger keep his hands in his pockets.
He won't be buying anyone.

LOL
Funny,but e no concern you tongue tongue
Re: Everton (1) Vs Arsenal (6) On Saturday 15th August by HNIC(m): 6:37pm On Aug 15, 2009
Who predicted a 3-0 scoreline at half time at the beginning of the game
All the haterz talking thrash that it wasn't a 3-0 half time performance should go and drown in gutter water
I saw Arsenal create 20 chances in a CL game and still drew 0-0
No which would I take, a master dominance of Everton and still lose 1-0 or draw 0-0
or a mediocre performance and be leading 3-0 at half time.
Wetin all of una want sef
Dem take Arsenal wahala swear for all of u
grin
Re: Everton (1) Vs Arsenal (6) On Saturday 15th August by chic2pimp(m): 6:37pm On Aug 15, 2009
follypimpi:

IF we can keep up with the TEAM work,with every1 defending then we stand a chance of winnin something this SEASON.
let wait and see b4 jumping the gun.
Re: Everton (1) Vs Arsenal (6) On Saturday 15th August by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 15, 2009
chic2pimp:

the difference between u lot and man united is that they actually win something tangible where as u lot win nothing

exactly my point. Sexy football is nothing without results. That is why i'm surprised folks are crying that we havent played well (no sexy football yet) even though we lead 3-0. I'd rather grind out 1-0 wins all season long and win than play sexy football and lose to Stoke.
Re: Everton (1) Vs Arsenal (6) On Saturday 15th August by FBS: 6:38pm On Aug 15, 2009
Brilliant performance from Assanal.
3 chances. . .3 goals. Aw couldn't have asked for more.

They will go top of the table on match day 1 if the results stands like this.
Re: Everton (1) Vs Arsenal (6) On Saturday 15th August by MrCrackles(m): 6:38pm On Aug 15, 2009
chic2pimp:

i was waiting for u to take the piss out of arsenal haterz

I just returned from my own match so good timing to join the bandwagon! wink
No need for war or words or piss take at naysayers, we just wanna enjoy the game, end off! wink
Re: Everton (1) Vs Arsenal (6) On Saturday 15th August by toosoon(m): 6:39pm On Aug 15, 2009
dayokanu:

La Liga is useless too, if the score line of a 90 mins match ended like this, Real Madrid Vs Barcelona 2-6
Re: Everton (1) Vs Arsenal (6) On Saturday 15th August by follypimpi(m): 6:39pm On Aug 15, 2009
HNIC:

Who predicted a 3-0 scoreline at half time at the beginning of the game
All the haterz talking thrash that it wasn't a 3-0 half time performance should go and drown in gutter water
I saw Arsenal create 20 chances in a CL game and still drew 0-0
No which would I take, a master dominance of Everton and still lose 1-0 or draw 0-0
or a mediocre performance and be leading 3-0 at half time.
Wetin all of una want sef
Dem take Arsenal wahala swear for all of u
grin

HNIC you get time to respond to em all.
Re: Everton (1) Vs Arsenal (6) On Saturday 15th August by mukina2: 6:40pm On Aug 15, 2009
too_soon:

La Liga is useless too, if the score line of a 90 mins match ended like this, Real Madrid Vs Barcelona 2-6
u bad oh grin Biina go fight you oh grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Women's Champions League Final: Chelsea Vs Barcelona Today At 8pm / FA Cup: Liverpool Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 28th January 2012 / Champions League: Ac Milan vs Manchester United [2 - 3] on Feb. 16, Tue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.