Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,611 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:19 AM

Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? (34788 Views)

"I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? / To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Frankamah11(m): 9:26pm On May 10, 2016
Zieristclair:
bloody stupid fake topic!

Its not fake bro. I have truely seen people act that ....WIERD!
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by kareemkamil(m): 9:29pm On May 10, 2016
My brother pay your Tithe fist, and let pastor use your money eat pepesoup & wine.

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by 123papas(m): 9:32pm On May 10, 2016
Pathetic
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Donjuan20(m): 9:44pm On May 10, 2016
The tithe you wa t to pay what will it be used for .. Why not just pay your bros school fees
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Frabidel(f): 9:52pm On May 10, 2016
help your brother.....
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Kimoni: 9:54pm On May 10, 2016
Choi!!
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by binhozie(m): 9:58pm On May 10, 2016
Op read Genesis 22 vs 6-13
it will help you make the right choice.
I wonder why people confuse giving alms and paying tithe,
Tithe is a debt you owe it to God.
And your tithe is not enough to pay the fees,
Why not just pay his fees immediately they pay you this month or next month.
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by seunswift(m): 10:00pm On May 10, 2016
Choi....... this is soo serious!!!!! I personally don't think God's law would be a source of discomfort for us... my sincere advice is to pay your bro fees.. hopefully He provides n guides YOU.... cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Achorise: 10:22pm On May 10, 2016
Otth:
Okay, this is a challenge I need a solution to. My parents are saying no money no money when it is obvious that they have. My little brother is home because he has outstanding fees so I was wondering if I should give him my tithe to pay part while I pay the tithe next month when I get my next salary, I don't know what to do.

Mods please move it to fp, I need urgent solution to this.
How can you seek such advices here.
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by micxwell(m): 10:24pm On May 10, 2016
paulstrings:
@OP, you are a somehow..
1) you don't have a plan cos if you did, you won't be blackmailing your tithe
2) you came to nairaland to seek for advice :-D

pay your tithe and trust God to do wonders( Nobody thought about the widow of Zarephath) ..make sure you come back and testify

Bro.. I agree with u that a percentage of our income isn't too much for God, in fact the so called 10% is even too small. Also Widow of Zarephath never gave to Elijah because she wanted wonders from God (and it wasn't tithe), she gave because it was in her attitude to give to people(poor and the needy)...... She was simply moved by LOVE not Wonders, that's exactly what God wants. If you give because u r expecting something back in return... It's wrong "people like that are called "Greedy Givers"...

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by micxwell(m): 11:03pm On May 10, 2016
missjahiniekpe:

You are still living in the era before Christ died and that's making a mockery of redemption. God doesn't bless with conditions. Even unbelievers that are not paying tithe are prospering. Please tithe payment is not a criteria for God's blessings.

My dear God's blessings are bountiful, always dwelling, He is a good Father that blesses unconditionally. We give out of our love for Him, not because we are obligated or it's a criteria for Him blessing us.

I stand solidly with you.... It pains me you know, many Christians rely on only what their Pastors tell them in church on sundays, they open their bibles only on sundays and yet they want to sow #50 and get #250..God done dey do "Triple ur deal promo" like MTN.... LOL

3 Likes

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by skywalker240(m): 11:15pm On May 10, 2016
pray to God so u know what to do
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Ruq: 1:48am On May 11, 2016
Vivly:
It's obvious the OP is an atheistic troll looking for stale and over flogged ways to mock tithing and religion.
Does your tithe constitute all of your salary? Tithe is just 10%. You made no mention of the other 90. Infact, you don't sound like you've ever paid tithe. Ever.

I'm surprised people didn't see through. But people's responses shows some would rather pay the tithe.

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Nobody: 2:07am On May 11, 2016
IRserveMyComent:
More pity to yourself and your entire household.

SMH.

Let me offer you some advice:

Cut your TV time by half at least. Spend it watching critical thinking and decision making lectures freely available on EDX.

Come back and tell me how much you've improved. I'll be happy for you!
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Kalaada: 3:06am On May 11, 2016
i am a tither you can pay your bro school fees so long as you pay back the tithes when next
it is biblical i have done it before..
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by G8Arthur(m): 5:58am On May 11, 2016
Otth:
Okay, this is a challenge I need a solution to. My parents are saying no money no money when it is obvious that they have. My little brother is home because he has outstanding fees so I was wondering if I should give him my tithe to pay part while I pay the tithe next month when I get my next salary, I don't know what to do.

Abeg go pay ur brother's school fees. God will understand.
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by AmyOby1(f): 7:34am On May 11, 2016
My dear pay your tithe, you will even be surprise to see how the school fees will be paid.
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by kan12(m): 8:13am On May 11, 2016
From experience,pay ur tithe,the school fees will come,how it will come God's business.

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by cr80vity(m): 8:20am On May 11, 2016
this is serious
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by phintohlar(f): 9:37am On May 11, 2016
Dahveydson:
Charity is the greatest of all.

You want to pay tithe while your brother stays home because of school fees? - ask yourself, what will jesus say? - in all of jesus miracles and teachings, where did he shelf love for the law?

How can you say you love God, if you cannot love your brother enough to pay his fees? And who said that tithe must be paid to the church?

My advise, pay your brother's school fees. Showing love and care is greater than paying tithe that you see as a levy.
I so much love you response. Indeed it is not a must that our tithes should be paid in the church,i can decide to take my tithe to an orphanage home or give it to the less privileged. Don't eat it yourself dats wat God means,either u take it to church or give it to the needy

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by IRserveMyComent(f): 9:42am On May 11, 2016
LucifersTongue:

SMH.

Let me offer you some advice:

Cut your TV time by half at least. Spend it watching critical thinking and decision making lectures freely available on EDX.

Come back and tell me how much you've improved. I'll be happy for you!
I was thinking You need to do that more because its glaringly obvious you have nothing reasonable to say.
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by 18SNVL: 10:22am On May 11, 2016
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Chekitaut: 10:31am On May 11, 2016
TAJIBADE:
Pay the fees, read your bible, you need to add an extra percentage to your next tithe.
Paying tithe requires wisdom.
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by orunto27: 10:56am On May 11, 2016
Pay your brother's School fees.
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by haby2009: 11:19am On May 11, 2016
People so goddamn frail
Deyd rather put a coin in a wishing well dan buy dinner..
To even think ud condider paying tithe at the expense of ur brodas skl fees. Saddens the heart. Ask ur self if ud pay YOUR tithe instead of ur WAEC fees. Den ud knw wah to do.
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by hammyd1: 12:49pm On May 11, 2016
If you pay tithe, then, who go epp your bro?
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by drunkpunk(m): 1:04pm On May 11, 2016
Otth:

You amaze me. Even a pastor in your shoes would go for fees. The way we take religion these days is just so urgggh!!
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Anextin(f): 5:02pm On May 11, 2016
Ruq:

I'm surprised people didn't see through. But people's responses shows some would rather pay the tithe.
Did u also consider that the Fees of the brother might consume the entire salary hence his agitation
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Nobody: 7:43pm On May 11, 2016
Childish talk......We all take advice from someone

Kunlexic:
So he shd consult the pastor and the pastor shd tell him to pay for tithes because of his pocket...smh
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Ruq: 8:02pm On May 11, 2016
Anextin:

Did u also consider that the Fees of the brother might consume the entire salary hence his agitation

From his post he wasn't concerned about his salary in any way, his emphasis was on the tithe. Even from the post one could conclude that he was still going to have enough left if he decides to give the tithe money to his brother. But seeing that it's most likely a troll the overall thread was just to kick debate.
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by dorox(m): 8:06pm On May 11, 2016
gesolyn:
Pay your tithe and see the blessings that will follow you or do otherwise and see the problems that comes thereafter. Don't eat your future please. As you obey God, He will provide other ways to pay the school fees and block devourers - sources of wastage from attacking you.
The op like many other tithe payers are yet to see this blessing that pastors are always talking about as they smile to the bank.
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Kunlexic(m): 8:42pm On May 11, 2016
TrueSenator:
Childish talk......We all take advice from someone

who is the childish btween us?
What do u expect to hear from pastor looking for money to send his children to dose multi-million cost schl?

Gerarahere

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

We Are Yet To Trace Biodun Fatoyinbo’s Record – UNILORIN / 10 Things The Holy Book Teaches About Fornication / Pastors Asking All Virgins To Step Out. Is It Right?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.