Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? (34832 Views)

"I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? / To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by stubbornman(m): 12:16pm On May 10, 2016
Oga your tithe reach 60k why are you making it look like you wanna mock God or what.....your parents have the money as you said am sure if you ginger the money will come out from them unless your opinion doesn't count @home
how much are you earning self wey we no go hear word..... if you wanna help so it secretly as well as paying tithes too...we don't have to know
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by charlesbailey(m): 12:17pm On May 10, 2016
you just said pure, unadulterated nonsense. i think people like you should be shit in the head, heart, stomach nd legs. there is nothibg like tithe payment in the bible, it only happened once and it was for a reason but you cheating snugs turned it into an extorting ritual. i am a christian and i don't pay tithe. offering, yes, if i have, tithe, over my living body.

oh, and the OP should be shot alongside for asking such retarded question.
crazysaint:
joke not with tithe.... To me i will advice you to pay your tithe first. Now checkout the blessings that follows in payment of tight: The windows of Heaven will be
opened to you.
''Bring ye all the tithes into the
storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now
herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I
will not open you the windows of
heaven, and pour you out a blessing,
that there shall not be room enough
to receive it.'' (KJV)
God promised to pour His blessing to
you, by opening the windows of
Heaven. When your heaven remains
open you will struggle less. little
effort will yield bountiful harvest.
Opportunities will be staring at you
even you are not there the
opportunity will still be waiting for
you.

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by attegambo: 12:17pm On May 10, 2016
pay your brother school fees.what is tithe use for in the church? ask your pastor

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Nobody: 12:18pm On May 10, 2016
This is actually a very silly and annoying question.

Isn't being kind and helpful to others the whole essence of religion?

OP, please pay your brother's school fees.

This is one of most annoying questions I've read here.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by alubarika04(m): 12:18pm On May 10, 2016
Minz Amvace 4rus U Iz Toz Payz Urm Title Fuz Andz Godz Mis Goings To Blemz Uz Am Povince 4 Urz Proda Kul Feemz Am Pays It Whens Is Comes Ur Ways Oo
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Analorgue(m): 12:21pm On May 10, 2016
jeez... you know what, give the money to your pastor ( notice how I've refrained from saying pay your tithe). and do not also forget to sow seeds, redeem pledges, plant trees and other terminologies pastors use to brainwash your kind all at your brother's detriment.. if I was to be in your shoes, I'll use next months tithe to complete the fees payment.. adios!.

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Kompressor: 12:21pm On May 10, 2016
alubarika04:
Minz Amvace 4rus U Iz Toz Payz Urm Title Fuz Andz Godz Mis Goings To Blemz Uz Am Povince 4 Urz Proda Kul Feemz Am Pays It Whens Is Comes Ur Ways Oo

Grow up!
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by wealthside: 12:22pm On May 10, 2016
my dear if that money was earnestly God 10% of ur income,please what God has commanded to God and ask God to provide for your brother's school fees. He will surprise you big time.
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by luluosas(m): 12:22pm On May 10, 2016
Pay your tithes. Others will follow. Have faith bro
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Ponsche(m): 12:22pm On May 10, 2016
alubarika04:

Beans Poo......
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Ultimus: 12:23pm On May 10, 2016
Karleb:

This are the type of thinking that might make me renounce this religion someday. Really! shocked

I dumped religion 6 years ago because of such wanton insensitivities from religion and mostly from it's followers. Never regretted it.
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by missjahiniekpe(f): 12:23pm On May 10, 2016
crazysaint:
joke not with tithe.... To me i will advice you to pay your tithe first. Now checkout the blessings that follows in payment of tight: The windows of Heaven will be
opened to you.
to receive it.'' (KJV)
you.

You are still living in the era before Christ died and that's making a mockery of redemption. God doesn't bless with conditions. Even unbelievers that are not paying tithe are prospering. Please tithe payment is not a criteria for God's blessings.

My dear God's blessings are bountiful, always dwelling, He is a good Father that blesses unconditionally. We give out of our love for Him, not because we are obligated or it's a criteria for Him blessing us.

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by jabojafa(m): 12:24pm On May 10, 2016
sweetcocoa:
Mehn! I don tire for una.
abeg nor tire for us. Using your tithe to sort other things rathan bringing it to the house of God has its consequence
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by ojuolu(m): 12:25pm On May 10, 2016
Dahveydson:
Charity is the greatest of all.

You want to pay tithe while your brother stays home because of school fees? - ask yourself, what will jesus say? - in all of jesus miracles and teachings, where did he shelf love for the law?

How can you say you love God, if you cannot love your brother enough to pay his fees? And who said that tithe must be paid to the church?

My advise, pay your brother's school fees. Showing love and care is greater than paying tithe that you see as a levy.
Best advice by a mile. Op, thank God you are a christian that believe in tithing. I do too. Please read Isaiah 58 careful and prayerfully. Paying tithe is not superior to the injunction there. Kindly know that "so that there may be food in my house" is the basic reason for tithe. No matter what sermon anyone will preach, the standard is certain.
Again let me ask you, what will be your testimony, or which one sound better in your ears, I was unable to pay my brother school fees in order to obey the law of tithing or I was able to help my brother in need.
"who so ever know the right/good thing to do and fail to do it, to him is counted a sin."
Please do the needful immediately.
Regards,

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by folks4luv(f): 12:25pm On May 10, 2016
Olugbenga28:
Bro, God gave u 100% and after eating ur own 90%, u now want to use God's 10%...my advice for u is either u leave the boy @ home or use ur 90% if not u will just pay d fee in vain if u use ur tithe cos God himself MAY frustrate the boy's in school cos its HIS share u are using n u will still pray to the same God to help ur brother pass his exams...so how will wen u are using his share...
the God u mentioned up there is Jehovah or another God? the God u described seems poor, wicked n frustrated. God may frustrate a boy in sch cos his bro didn't pay tithe? so what will devil do? comments like urs justifies atheist stands on God n religion.

6 Likes

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by jagorinho: 12:26pm On May 10, 2016
Benuromi:
You should pay your brother school fees first. To hell with tithe. I will prefer to give my brother or give it to the less privilege. Those so call church are doing business and not about winning a soul.
You don't even need advice to do what is right. I will never pay tithe but give it to the poor. There are people in the hospital who can't pay for their treatment. How many pastors help the poor in this country? How many pastors asked their congregation if they have food at home or feed before coming to church.(there are only few good pastors)

what is giving me a big heartache on this issue is d huge number of people suggesting dat the tithe should b paid first, religion and ethnicity is the nemesis of africans.Most times religion decloud rational thinking....Am very shocked to see almost half of commentators here would prefer their sibling to stay at home in favour of paying tithe.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 10, 2016
swaggzo:

I USUALLY DON'T DISH INSULTS, ITS TOTALLY UNNECESSARY.

BUT YOU'RE A COMPLETELY F00LISH ANIMAL.. AND YOU AND YOUR ENTIRE GENERATION ( IF THEY PARTAKE IN SUCH F00LISHNESS) WILL BURN IN THE LAKE OF FIRE YOUR HOLY BOOK COMIC BOOK PROMISED THE F00LISH ONES.
damn you man, i never knew you can be this stupid.. Your words alone defines you.. Get lost lame atheist like you.
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Icecream4U(m): 12:27pm On May 10, 2016
The tithe will end in your pastor's account. He will smile to the bank while your brother might resort to stealing.
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by bayinq25(m): 12:27pm On May 10, 2016
Otth:
Okay, this is a challenge I need a solution to. My parents are saying no money no money when it is obvious that they have. My little brother is home because he has outstanding fees so I was wondering if I should give him my tithe to pay part while I pay the tithe next month when I get my next salary, I don't know what to do.

Mods please move it to fp, I need urgent solution to this.
Pay your tithe your pastor needs A range rover sport.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by TAJIBADE: 12:28pm On May 10, 2016
Pay the fees, read your bible, you need to add an extra percentage to your next tithe.
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by lumideed(m): 12:29pm On May 10, 2016
How much is your tithe? Na LA primary school your younger brother dey attend? The peanut you pay as tithe isn't enough to pay school fees, look else where for your Brothers fees.
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by specimenC: 12:29pm On May 10, 2016
crazysaint:
opened to you.
to receive it.'' (KJV)
you.

Chai!!!

2 Likes

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by cococandy(f): 12:30pm On May 10, 2016
Foolish question

2 Likes

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by fireforfire: 12:30pm On May 10, 2016
XaintJoel20:
What is your spirit telling you?

His spirit is nt telling him anything dats y he's asking us
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by dlox147(m): 12:31pm On May 10, 2016
crazysaint:
opened to you.
to receive it.'' (KJV)
you.

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Nobody: 12:31pm On May 10, 2016
Africa has no hope. See question.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by samsonkjohn: 12:31pm On May 10, 2016
My broda, pls pay the tithe, and tell your pastor to borrow you the money, that u need it to pay your brother school fees, and the one you have as been used for tithe, and you will hear what your pastor will say.
UncleDeeee:
There is no compromise when it comes to tithing.
Asking the question means you have separated your tithe from other expenditure. Remove money from any other expenditure and pay the fee and the faith you exercised in paying your tithe shall be manifested.
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by omakay(m): 12:31pm On May 10, 2016
[size=16pt][/size]Show me a REAL LEVITE( by biblical definition) and i will start paying my tithes to such a fellow
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by fireforfire: 12:32pm On May 10, 2016
As simple as dis sounds , it's a very sensitive topic
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Goshen360(m): 12:33pm On May 10, 2016
Otth:
Okay, this is a challenge I need a solution to. My parents are saying no money no money when it is obvious that they have. My little brother is home because he has outstanding fees so I was wondering if I should give him my tithe to pay part while I pay the tithe next month when I get my next salary, I don't know what to do.

Mods please move it to fp, I need urgent solution to this.

Hebrews 7 completely nullified and canceled tithes and tithing for the new testament believers. Study in depth and be free from every yoke of bondage.

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Vivly(f): 12:33pm On May 10, 2016
It's obvious the OP is an atheistic troll looking for stale and over flogged ways to mock tithing and religion.
Does your tithe constitute all of your salary? Tithe is just 10%. You made no mention of the other 90. Infact, you don't sound like you've ever paid tithe. Ever.

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by specimenC: 12:35pm On May 10, 2016
whoisuche:

Brother people will be saying pay your bro. school fees. But I tell you if you obey what God commanded you shall never lack. Remove the one tenth of your salary and pay tithe i tell you you will have a great testimony except you don't have faith and you don't believe in God.

Eti ya weyrey siir

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Police Grant Biodun Fatoyinbo Bail / Those Who Will Miss RCCG Physical Convention / About The High Rate Of Randy Men And Women Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.