Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,700 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? (34856 Views)

"I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? / To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by general1970: 12:57pm On May 10, 2016
xest:
shut up. If u dnt knw Wat to say here. If ur sick mum is abt to die n d only money dt will save her is ur tithe wat will u do? Pay her treatment bills or tithe offering

I wonder, like say the tithe na do or die affair. Ask them what do they know the pastors/church use the money for? They don't even know.

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Kakamorufu(m): 12:58pm On May 10, 2016
Pay your brother fee
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Nobody: 12:59pm On May 10, 2016
pimplucious:
To helll with tithe bro pay ur bro fees. What a question angry
lol easy bro
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by johnel2real(m): 1:00pm On May 10, 2016
crazysaint:
joke not with tithe.... To me i will advice you to pay your tithe first. Now checkout the blessings that follows in payment of tight: The windows of Heaven will be
opened to you.
''Bring ye all the tithes into the
storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now
herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I
will not open you the windows of
heaven, and pour you out a blessing,
that there shall not be room enough
to receive it.'' (KJV)
God promised to pour His blessing to
you, by opening the windows of
Heaven. When your heaven remains
open you will struggle less. little
effort will yield bountiful harvest.
Opportunities will be staring at you
even you are not there the
opportunity will still be waiting for
you.
u got it all wrong brother. If he pays that tithe and lets his brother stay at home, he has wronged his brother and God too. The bible says prefer one another in love. If he pays that tithe, has he really preferred his brother in any way? U may say he preferred God, but God is not in need of his money, his brother is. The Israelites were urged by God to pay their tithes, and see if he won't give abundantly to them. If God gives such commands, he gives it to show us how he loves us and when u obey such commands he blesses u. Here it is wrong for him to seek for blessing when he can be a blessing to his brother. It was ok for an Israelites of those days to think that the paying of tithe is the only source to getting the doors of heaven opened. But u as a Christian should know better. Lets be frank, If he give that money as a tithe, can he boldly say that he gave it out of love for God? No. He will be giving it expecting an open door and an avalanche of blessing, while his brother wastes at home. It's just like a person preferring to make an investment that will yield abundant returns instead of helping out his brother who is in dire need of his assistance. If u give it to ur brother, it must have been because u love him so much. Which is probably the reason why u wrote this post. Paul in the scripture said " if i give anything and not out of love what shall it benefit me, even if i give my whole body to be burnt and not out of love, it is useless". Some will say that the devourer will come after u, if u don't. Well i don't think this is true in anyway. Not when u are a Christian. U should pay ur tithe when u have the money, but not in cases like this when there are people who are in dire need of help and have come to u for assistance. Remember, giving to God and expecting him to give u back a bigger, larger or better portion is wrong. We know that when we do good things that God will bless us, but we as Christians don't do Good only because of the blessing, we do good things because good things are good and because Christ taught us to always do good. Afterall what makes u any different from contract seekers , or a greedy politician, since they also give to get. The difference will be that u give urs in the church while they give theirs in offices. Even u think about it, will u be happy if ur son only gives u money because he knows he will collect double in return? God is not a mafia don that will send destruction ur way because u didn't pay ur wages, he knows ur situation better than u know it. He blesses u because he loves u. he said "if u need anything ask in my name and it shall be giving to u" u can ask for open doors if that's what u need. Remember in Christ Jesus everything is yes and amen, so; If a Christian can't get a door opened by praying in Jesus name, no amount of tithe paying will open such a door. Let the holy spirit help us make the right decision and give good insight and knowledge of God's word in Jesus Name, amen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by chivic(m): 1:00pm On May 10, 2016
Let me rephrase your question.....should I still from God and pay my brother's School fees?

I don't want to make u scared the essence of the education is for ur brother to come out useful to the society and probably earn a living.What happens if God frustrates that future goal.

See a lot of people don't pay tithe and will give you the wrong advice.BE GUIDED
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by xest(m): 1:00pm On May 10, 2016
general1970:

I wonder, like say the tithe na do or die affair. Ask them what do they know the pastors/church use the money for? They don't even know.
Exactly brother.
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by jaybee3(m): 1:01pm On May 10, 2016
Koolking:

Is it not morally justifiable to manipulate the tax and rather give back to the society than manipulate the same tax and fund an individual in the name of pastor who already has all the means?. Many will perish because of religion.

It's morally wrong to evade/manipulate tax system regardless of the charitable acts they may engage in.

Why should wealthy people pay less tax than those making the countries tick/function?
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by adeoluolagbegi(m): 1:01pm On May 10, 2016
i will indulge u to pay ur tithe god will provide in a miraculous way
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by youngibeh(m): 1:03pm On May 10, 2016
My brother the facts still remains that tithe is a command and for your good and many especially the Catholics will not advice you to pay your tithe. As for me, even if you must pay his school fees, have it in mind that you are owing your tithe with interest (Leviticus 27:30-31 30 And all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree, is the LORD'S: it is holy unto the LORD. 31And if a man will at all redeem ought of his tithes, he shall add thereto the fifth part thereof.).

So i will advice you do the need needful and make sure people do not stop your blessing (Malachi 3:10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.) Also, remember this, those will discourage you will refer you to Jesus not asking us to pay tithe but dont forget what He Said in the book of Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.)

Good Luck.
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Aviero: 1:03pm On May 10, 2016
ApostleT:

If you are a Christian you are not under the law of tithing. However it is a good thing if you choose to give a tenth of your income to the church.

If you understand that the church of Jesus Christ is universal then giving your tithe to your brother (who I assume is also part of the universal church) is not different from giving it to your local church. So I will say help your brother and do not feel guilty about it. It is an act of love and kindness that God appreciates more than a religious act of giving tithe to your pastor just to be in the good books of your local church or of your own feelings.
The best comment so far.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Nobody: 1:03pm On May 10, 2016
meeraclemee:
Pay your tithe, its not yours in the first instance, so there should be no debate about that. tithe is Gods share of your income, at least he gave you life, without which u wldnt be able to work, not to talk of collecting your so called salary. As for your brothers school fees, God will definately provide means for it to be sorted. it could be the very parents that said no money earlier. Nothing is impossibel with God. Remember God is never in need we are the ones that need him!!

u have been brainwashed
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by modskiller(m): 1:03pm On May 10, 2016
Otth:
Okay, this is a challenge I need a solution to. My parents are saying no money no money when it is obvious that they have. My little brother is home because he has outstanding fees so I was wondering if I should give him my tithe to pay part while I pay the tithe next month when I get my next salary, I don't know what to do.

Mods please move it to fp, I need urgent solution to this.

Are you mad??

Is God that cruel??
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Aviero: 1:04pm On May 10, 2016
chivic:
Let me rephrase your question.....should I still from God and pay my brother's School fees?

I don't want to make u scared the essence of the education is for ur brother to come out useful to the society and probably earn a living. What happens if God frustrates that future goal.

See a lot of people don't pay tithe and will give you the wrong advice.BE GUIDED
May God give you a factory reset. I don't even know what to tell you.

This is the stupidest thing I've read so far. I'm just weak.
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by youngibeh(m): 1:05pm On May 10, 2016
I know what it is used for. Have you ever ask yourself how church equipment and the servant of God are been maintained? how about the projects been carried out. Most at times the money realise from tithe are not even enough to do the project not talk of welfare. You guys should not discourage others from doing the right thing please.
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Nobody: 1:05pm On May 10, 2016
Otth:
Okay, this is a challenge I need a solution to. My parents are saying no money no money when it is obvious that they have. My little brother is home because he has outstanding fees so I was wondering if I should give him my tithe to pay part while I pay the tithe next month when I get my next salary, I don't know what to do.

Mods please move it to fp, I need urgent solution to this.
I THINK DERE IS A BIBLE VERSE THAT SAID UR MONTHLY TITHE CAN GO TOO UR FAMILY OR SPEND D MONEY WIT UR FAMILY JUST TOO MAKE DEM MORE HAPPY JUST TOO MAKE A SPECIAL DAY FOR DEM SO PAYING UR BROS SCH FEE MEANS ALOT CONTRIBUTE TOO D FUTURE OF UR BRO EPP HIM FAST
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Maxivalue(m): 1:06pm On May 10, 2016
Paying your brother's school fees is like u are also giving to God. Even d bible says we should give and help d needy. Giving of tithe has been twisted the other way round in this country. Pastors have indoctrinated a lot of christain to believe that tithe only belongs to d (priest) church.

If u read Deutronomy Chapter 26, u will discover that paying of tithe should also extend to d needy. Eg Widows, Orphan, less privilege etc.

But no pastor would want to read this passage to their members, because it would spoil business for them.

My brother go and pay your brother's school fees. It's is not a Sin against God.

The blessings will continue to flow in your life

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Tobium1(m): 1:07pm On May 10, 2016
Tithe is 10% of ur total income, what have u done with de remaining 90%?
In falz's voice "where did u kept it?
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Aviero: 1:09pm On May 10, 2016
[size=30pt]THUNDER WILL FIRE ALL OF YOU TELLING HIM TO PAY TITHE AND WAIT FOR A MIRACLE.

FAM, YOUR BROS SHOULD DISOWN YOU RIGHT AWAY FOR HAVING SUCH THOUGHTS. FOOL![/size]

3 Likes

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Ewatomi26(f): 1:09pm On May 10, 2016
Paying your brother school fees is a way of paying your tithe... Your brother is a child of God, so God dwells him... And the bible tells us that God doesn't dwell in building but in the hearts of men... So you are also doing right.

My friend's dad is a christian, but he doesn't pay his tithe in church, because he says he doesn't trust, what pastors would do with it... So each time he wants to pay his tithe, he gives it to the less privilege... And God has not seize to answer his prayer.

Op, God sees your heart
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by swaggzo(m): 1:09pm On May 10, 2016
crazysaint:
damn you man, i never knew you can be this stupidd.. Your words alone defines you.. Get lost lame atheist like you.

I AM THE GOD OF STUPIDDITY, I EXIST.

YOUR GOD DOESN'T!
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Koolking(m): 1:10pm On May 10, 2016
jabojafa:
when you dont pay tithe you rub God. Whether you agree or not the scriptures cnt be broken becos of you or anyone.

Rub God? How? Explain.

I'll rather support the needy, give to the church as much as I can possibly give, than paying your adulterated, manipulative so-called 10% bribe for blessing (as you peeps put it).

You don't seem to know your Bible. Tithe was annulled with the annulment of Levitical Priesthood. You are a freeborn in the order of Melchizedek and no longer bound by Levitical laws. Wise up!!

2 Likes

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Nayok(m): 1:10pm On May 10, 2016
Paying someone fees is same as paying tithe , I don't know what your pastor is using tithes for but I believe that tithe (zakat according to islam) is for less privilege . So by helping one in paying their fees is also a zakat (tithe) and it is not a must to take you tithe (zakat) to religion leader before u observe it. So far you have who is in need beside you don't hesitate to give it them.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Nobody: 1:15pm On May 10, 2016
yo brother's school fees is yo tithe for this month.....continue with yo generosity.

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by ss1930(m): 1:16pm On May 10, 2016
Please pay ur tithe first and trust God for school fees. Afterall God is the one who provided the salary, if HE sacks you from work, how ll u get the remaining money to balance ur bros fees... be wise. Put God 1st nd everyoda things will be settled.

Yes you can also pay it the next month but know dat d amount must ve trippled in addition to the next month tithe. So the cost of paying next month is far greater dan paying it now. God help u
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Baddestguyp(m): 1:19pm On May 10, 2016
chivic:

I don't want to make u scared the essence of the education is for ur brother to come out useful to the society and probably earn a living.What happens if God frustrates that future goal.

u are the one giving wrong advice. So if all the money u have left is ur tithe and u see a patient that needs surgery or will die in a few hours. Will u choose to pay for his surgery or carry the money to church in form of tithe?? Pls answer this
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by JUBILEE2000: 1:20pm On May 10, 2016
Dahveydson:
Charity is the greatest of all.

You want to pay tithe while your brother stays home because of school fees? - ask yourself, what will jesus say? - in all of jesus miracles and teachings, where did he shelf love for the law?

How can you say you love God, if you cannot love your brother enough to pay his fees? And who said that tithe must be paid to the church?

My advise, pay your brother's school fees. Showing love and care is greater than paying tithe that you see as a levy.

God bless u for this
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Maxivalue(m): 1:20pm On May 10, 2016
@ss1930. Bro u need to read Deutronomy Chapter 26. Then u will know that giving to d needy is also paying tithe to God.

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Koolking(m): 1:21pm On May 10, 2016
jaybee3:

It's morally wrong to evade/manipulate tax system regardless of the charitable acts they may engage in.

Why should wealthy people pay less tax than those making the countries tick/function?

Are you saying it's acceptable to evade tax and rather use the money to pay tithe than use it for humanity sake?

It's already inconsiderate and insensitive taxing a benevolent act. You'll agree me that even Christians evade tax yet don't care about humanity with their wealth.
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by johnel2real(m): 1:22pm On May 10, 2016
jaybee3:

the good thing is, God is no tax collector. He cares for us.

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by dazzlingd(m): 1:22pm On May 10, 2016
chai....wat a people!! I weep for this nation where graduates are illiterates. I need to open a church soon

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Dyt(f): 1:25pm On May 10, 2016
Olugbenga28:
Bro, God gave u 100% and after eating ur own 90%, u now want to use God's 10%...my advice for u is either u leave the boy @ home or use ur 90% if not u will just pay d fee in vain if u use ur tithe cos God himself MAY frustrate the boy's in school cos its HIS share u are using n u will still pray to the same God to help ur brother pass his exams...so how will wen u are using his share...

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Etukis1(m): 1:29pm On May 10, 2016
Thithe is 10% of ur salary.. it is not the entire money.. and if yhu say family comes first then who gave yhu that job, havent yhu read the portion that Jesus called disciple to follow him some sed let them go and say goodbye to their ppl but Jesus sed they are not serious... my brother, tk out ur tithe n use the other one to pay the skool fee of ur bro cos yhu might pay his skool fee and then what happen next is bigger n painful... mk una no roast me oo...just my take

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

Visions Of EARTHQUAKE Coming To Nigeria. / Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Pastor Tolu-Bolaji Dan's Music Studio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.