Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? (34859 Views)

"I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? / To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Nobody: 1:29pm On May 10, 2016
foolish question... you are asking as if you are doing God a favour by paying thithe or you are been forced too.Trust me you know what is right then do it..where is the 90% of your salary? ,its the 10% for thithe u want to use to pay your bro sch fees!..Can any man rob God? big No instead you rob yourself. God is not Man.Seek God first and every other thing shall be added ,you sound Like a faithless Christian.God knows your bro needs his school fees and he also want you to put him first so he can proof he is GOD and not Man,God is not wicked.There is thithers blessing. So Mr poster do what suit you.Stop asking foolish question on nairaland open ur bible instead.
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by johnel2real(m): 1:31pm On May 10, 2016
Baddestguyp:
u are the one giving wrong advice. So if all the money u have left is ur tithe and u see a patient that needs surgery or will die in a few hours. Will u choose to pay for his surgery or carry the money to church in form of tithe?? Pls answer this

please don't blame him. The way some preachers teach this tithe message, leaves their members in fear of what may happen if the don't pay their tithe.
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by mohims(m): 1:32pm On May 10, 2016
crazysaint:
joke not with tithe.... To me i will advice you to pay your tithe first. Now checkout the blessings that follows in payment of tight: The windows of Heaven will be
opened to you.
''Bring ye all the tithes into the
storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now
herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I
will not open you the windows of
heaven, and pour you out a blessing,
that there shall not be room enough
to receive it.'' (KJV)
God promised to pour His blessing to
you, by opening the windows of
Heaven. When your heaven remains
open you will struggle less. little
effort will yield bountiful harvest.
Opportunities will be staring at you
even you are not there the
opportunity will still be waiting for
you.
You must be a wicked person to give such an advice. when its your turn pay your tithe and leave your brother out of school. You go believe!

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Nobody: 1:32pm On May 10, 2016
Estharfabian:
People Are Actually Asking This guy to pay The tithes instead?

Thought I've Seen the worse! shocked

Yes. Tithes Are important. buh biko, Don't jeopardize Your brother's education in the name of Religion.

God as they say, is A merciful God.
He'd understand...lipsrsealed

OK it official I dislike you already.. sad
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by daygee12: 1:33pm On May 10, 2016
God doesn't need ur money, he motive of paying tithe is to help the needy.
Its quite obvious that your brother fall in the category of the needY.
Pay you brother's school fees dont be ignorant.

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Nobody: 1:35pm On May 10, 2016
crazysaint:
joke not with tithe.... To me i will advice you to pay your tithe first. Now checkout the blessings that follows in payment of tight: The windows of Heaven will be
opened to you.
''Bring ye all the tithes into the
storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now
herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I
will not open you the windows of
heaven, and pour you out a blessing,
that there shall not be room enough
to receive it.'' (KJV)
God promised to pour His blessing to
you, by opening the windows of
Heaven. When your heaven remains
open you will struggle less. little
effort will yield bountiful harvest.
Opportunities will be staring at you
even you are not there the
opportunity will still be waiting for
you.

No common sense at all!!!!! I just can't...someone please pinch me, i must be dreaming...people like this nit-wit still exist in the year 2016!!! God will surely punish you for not using the brain he gave you!!!

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by mohims(m): 1:37pm On May 10, 2016
Otth:
Okay, this is a challenge I need a solution to. My parents are saying no money no money when it is obvious that they have. My little brother is home because he has outstanding fees so I was wondering if I should give him my tithe to pay part while I pay the tithe next month when I get my next salary, I don't know what to do.

Mods please move it to fp, I need urgent solution to this.
Is this a question? My brother open your eyes. How can u think of paying your tithe instead of ur brother's school fees? Anyway, maybe u believe in wonders. if u try am u go believe!

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by lankieman: 1:37pm On May 10, 2016
Tithe fraud.
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by ooshinibos: 1:38pm On May 10, 2016
this is no Brainer question ..Pay your tithe to honour and trust your God , I think this is the only way you can express your faith if you truly believe that he is your source financially .. ..and he will supply the school fees ...test him in this occasion
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by uzolexis(f): 1:39pm On May 10, 2016
IRserveMyComent:
My dear pay ur tithe o o! Give to God what is due him. What if ur job is no more before next month??

All of you advising him to pay tithe as against paying his brother's fees are high on osogbo weed for real.
You guys are not Christians you are just religious cos if you are Christians you would not say this rubbish, even Jesus said the law was made for man and not man for the law. In the good Samaritan story, the priests and Levite passed by the wounded man cos they were going to the temple and they didn't want to be late or unclean but Jesus condemned them cos someone in need comes 1st. Stop listening to your pastor listen to your humanity, someone in need comes 1st before everything else.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by johnel2real(m): 1:39pm On May 10, 2016
joshysmartie:

OK it official I dislike you already.. sad
there's no need for that. He may not have Said it the right way but paying his brother's fee would be the right thing to do.
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by jaybee3(m): 1:40pm On May 10, 2016
Koolking:

Are you saying it's acceptable to evade tax and rather use the money to pay tithe than use it for humanity sake?

It's already inconsiderate and insensitive taxing a benevolent act. You'll agree me that even Christians evade tax yet don't care about humanity with their wealth.

Oga, please read on Tax relief and how it's usually exploited by the wealthy

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/georgeosborne/9195571/Wealthiest-people-abusing-tax-system-with-donations-to-charities-that-dont-do-charitable-work.html
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Nobody: 1:45pm On May 10, 2016
uzolexis:

All of you advising him to pay tithe as against paying his brother's fees are high on osogbo weed for real.
You guys are not Christians you are just religious cos if you are Christians you would not say this rubbish, even Jesus said the law was made for man and not man for the law. In the good Samaritan story, the priests and Levite passed by the wounded man cos they were going to the temple and they didn't want to be late or unclean but Jesus condemned them cos someone in need comes 1st. Stop listening to your pastor listen to your humanity, someone in need comes 1st before everything else.
The ignorance is just exceptional. Imagine the kind of advise dished out. They are really high.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by mohims(m): 1:47pm On May 10, 2016
vickchizy:
foolish question... you are asking as if you are doing God a favour by paying thithe or you are been forced too.Trust me you know what is right then do it..where is the 90% of your salary? ,its the 10% for thithe u want to use to pay your bro sch fees!..Can any man rob God? big No instead you rob yourself. God is not Man.Seek God first and every other thing shall be added ,you sound Like a faithless Christian.God knows your bro needs his school fees and he also want you to put him first so he can proof he is GOD and not Man,God is not wicked.There is thithers blessing. So Mr poster do what suit you.Stop asking foolish question on nairaland open ur bible instead.
Maybe he has spent the 90%. What if what he has left is not enough to pay the fees and he has to add the 10% to pay the fees. would u suggest he pays his tithe first? For me that will be a silly thing to do. because paying of tithe is not a gateway to heaven. if u pay tithe always and u don't live a life that pleases God u are wasting ur time

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Nobody: 1:49pm On May 10, 2016
Please Study this scripture...

“What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore the more important aspects of the law—justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things.
Matthew 23:23 NLT
http://bible.com/116/mat.23.23.NLT

2 Likes

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by laphta(m): 1:50pm On May 10, 2016
op's question has only one characteristic, STUPIDITY. has God ever come down to pay school fees before?

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Laid2001: 1:51pm On May 10, 2016
Pay your tithe to your Brother!.

No one says you must pay your tithe to your pastor ooo!!

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by akaahs(m): 1:53pm On May 10, 2016
Bro i was face with thesame delima as u, but my sister needed the money to purchase FCE zaria form which is long on sale, i have to send her d money instead of paying my tithe. I have to follow my heart
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Nobody: 1:54pm On May 10, 2016
You are serving a living God and not just some gods... He is a father and not task master. Follow your heart. Very difficult for anybody to advice you here...not even ur pastor or parents. U might have so much faith that after u might have paid ur tithe, God might choose to open flood gates of blessing for putting him first... And u might chose to pay ur brothers school fees and God says because u helped this little one u have also helped me... In all know that God is a father and alive, and whichever u choose, do it with sincerity of heart..
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Nobody: 1:59pm On May 10, 2016
johnel2real:

there's no need for that. He may not have Said it the right way but paying his brother's fee would be the right thing to do.

Shift side.. I don't deal with atheists..
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by mastro: 2:00pm On May 10, 2016
pimplucious:
To helll with tithe bro pay ur bro fees. What a question angry

No No No, if you pay school fees how will your pastor be able to buy that new Mercedes.

In fact sell all your worldly possessions and donate all the money to youe Church and see how God will bless you 10 fold,

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed At times its very clear why this country is in such a state

2 Likes

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Nobody: 2:01pm On May 10, 2016
vickchizy:
why play God? Why call him foolish? What gave u the impression that the school fees is not more than 100% of what he earns? What if after he had paid the school fees he too will need to borrow to survive? Stop playing God

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by ted1741: 2:03pm On May 10, 2016
You don't know what to do, really, like reeel--ly? Why don't you empty your bank account and hand it over to your church while your brother stays home and turn kidnapper in few months and come after you, after all, the church will come to your rescue with some ransom. Why some so called church people are unchristian, unrealistic, lack pragmatism, zombish in their twisted thinking can't stop amazing me. So you have no common sense right? Here then is the answer for you: pay the tithe so that your pastor can purchase new suites, shoes and a penthouse to bleep his numerous choir girls. RETARDED. Pay tithe and tell bros to wait, manna will come from heaven and please tell him that you are a church goer and going with the fees to church for tithe so you can leave him behind on your way to heaven. Ehwu penticostal church contributor.

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Laveda(f): 2:08pm On May 10, 2016
naijaboiy:

My sister I just dey vex for here jare!

I wonder whether pastors dey pay tithe sef and if them dey pay, who dem dey pay am to?

The question funny seff..

Azzin if he should pay tithe or his brother's fee grin
Can you imagine angry
Some people's way of reasoning no just follow undecided

Them dey pay am to God grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Lotechi(m): 2:12pm On May 10, 2016
I can't imagine a human with brains asking such question!! jes put your self in ur brother's shoe's and answer the question!!!!God bless

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by bjfred: 2:14pm On May 10, 2016
God wey mk am ur broda, knew he wld nid ur assistance smday
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by elidi(m): 2:18pm On May 10, 2016
Just some thoughts.
Firstly, the idea that God will understand simply depicts how ignorant and childish people act. why don't you climb a 10 story building and jump down and say gravity will understand so nothing will happen to you.
Secondly, who do you trust, God or Man? God said give me your tithe and man say don't pay your tithe. I know why those people said you shouldn't pay your tithe because they see with their physical eyes as giving the tithe to man because its a pastor that is receiving it.

I have always considered this scripture that says "...all things works together for those who love God"
but how do you love God?
another scripture says "... if you love me,you will keep my commandments"

Sometimes we don't understand what our tithes does for us.
if I have to choose between what God has said over my family, I will choose what God has said without thinking twice.
Pay your tithe and if u can get any cash from someone, do so and repay such person back when u collect your salary.
PAY YOUR TITHE.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by Ghost01(m): 2:19pm On May 10, 2016
Goodness gracious! What happened to "blood is thicker than water"? And to see some advising the OP to pay the tithes in order to "open the floodgates" of blessing for himself and his brother. Gawd! Are we this far gone?
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by XaintJoel20: 2:21pm On May 10, 2016
fireforfire:

His spirit is nt telling him anything dats y he's asking us
His spirit told your spirit to tell my spirit that his spirit is not thinking anything...
Thanks...
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by ChinonsoDike2: 2:22pm On May 10, 2016
Some people are just brain dead. Use your brain for once, you stu pid fu ck.
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by johnel2real(m): 2:23pm On May 10, 2016
joshysmartie:

Shift side.. I don't deal with atheists..
and u are not Christian either, from the look of things.
Re: Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? by IRserveMyComent(f): 2:24pm On May 10, 2016
uzolexis:

Yes am high, but not on your so called osgbo weed. What i told her is what i would do if i were in her situation by Gods grace. The same bible says obedient is better than sacrifice. God could see her sincere heart to obey and pay the tithe even in her difficult situation and send her unexpected help.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

Visions Of EARTHQUAKE Coming To Nigeria. / Pandora: My Observation About Bishop Oyedepo's Tax Haven Controversy - Highered / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Pastor Tolu-Bolaji Dan's Music Studio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.