Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,066 members, 7,810,982 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:01 PM

‘I Never Knowingly Spent Government Money,’ - Fani-kayode - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘I Never Knowingly Spent Government Money,’ - Fani-kayode (1519 Views)

Steal Government Money and Die -  Justice Must Prevail Party Chairman / 'we Are All Guilty Of Using Government Money For Elections' -musiliu Obanikoro / Doyin Okupe: I Knowingly Lied During The 2015 Presidential Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘I Never Knowingly Spent Government Money,’ - Fani-kayode by damiloladuke: 3:04pm On May 10, 2016
Former aviation minister, Femi Fani-Kayode has said that he thought the money allocated to him for the handling of former president, Goodluck Jonathan’s campaign was received from private individuals.

Fani-Kayode made the disclosure while speaking to Punch following his interrogation by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).
“I served as the director of publicity of the Jonathan campaign organisation and I was told to set up an account for the directorate, which I did. I never received money from the CBN but like all the other directors, we received money from the director of finance,” he said.

“I was assured that the funds were not public funds but were sourced from private individuals. I never knowingly spent government money all through. The money was spent specifically on the campaigns. The accounts were audited and we were commended by the President,” he added.

The EFCC is investigating the source of funds used for Jonathan’s campaign due to allegations that former petroleum minister, Diezani Alison-Madueke bribed officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) prior to the 2015 elections.
Meanwhile, an EFCC source also said that Fani-Kayode will be expected to return the money he collected.

http://pulse.ng/local/fani-kayode-i-never-knowingly-spent-government-money-ex-minister-says-id5015767.html?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=daily-2016-05-10&utm_source=newsletter

lalasticlala

Re: ‘I Never Knowingly Spent Government Money,’ - Fani-kayode by damiloladuke: 3:05pm On May 10, 2016
he don set for yo

1 Like

Re: ‘I Never Knowingly Spent Government Money,’ - Fani-kayode by papparatzzi2013: 3:08pm On May 10, 2016
We don hear.

Just return our yam and thank you for not being a stubborn and recalcitrant goat.

All the same "stealing is now corruption".

11 Likes

Re: ‘I Never Knowingly Spent Government Money,’ - Fani-kayode by omowolewa: 3:10pm On May 10, 2016
Unknowingly refund government money then.

8 Likes

Re: ‘I Never Knowingly Spent Government Money,’ - Fani-kayode by Benjom(m): 3:12pm On May 10, 2016
omowolewa:

I, without reservation, concur.

They'll use this to keep him mute for sometime now.

4 Likes

Re: ‘I Never Knowingly Spent Government Money,’ - Fani-kayode by mars123(m): 3:14pm On May 10, 2016
on one hand money dey circulate and the rich getting richer. on another hand hope is destroyed as the poor getting poorer. Nigerians who you epp?
Re: ‘I Never Knowingly Spent Government Money,’ - Fani-kayode by sexylogan(m): 3:18pm On May 10, 2016
FFK, za ka ci ubanka ai...barawo, makaryacin banza angry
Re: ‘I Never Knowingly Spent Government Money,’ - Fani-kayode by Oluwapresley(m): 3:19pm On May 10, 2016
hmmm..
Re: ‘I Never Knowingly Spent Government Money,’ - Fani-kayode by modath(f): 3:21pm On May 10, 2016
omowolewa:

EoD

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Never Knowingly Spent Government Money,’ - Fani-kayode by Pheals(f): 3:32pm On May 10, 2016
Well all is well but all the dough that have been collected from this looters ! Where are they ! No single project! Budget just sign almost in the middle of the yr ! ....guess buhari is usin it ride bicycle like ajala round the word
Re: ‘I Never Knowingly Spent Government Money,’ - Fani-kayode by jaybee3(m): 3:33pm On May 10, 2016
Did they receive money from PDP's director of finance or the Minister of state for Finance?

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Never Knowingly Spent Government Money,’ - Fani-kayode by jmichlins(m): 3:34pm On May 10, 2016
If he truly made this statement then we are getting closer to nailing the boss. All these arrests are just to gather enough tools to nailing jonathan. He played everyone by accepting defeat before the results were declared making him an image of peace that even his enemies loved him and to his supporters he became a demigod. So it will take superior convinction to arrest him but it has not been working because the economy seem to make people like him more

1 Like

Re: ‘I Never Knowingly Spent Government Money,’ - Fani-kayode by Goke7: 3:39pm On May 10, 2016
ffk no even get liver chai, see as he de talk like small pikin, knowingly or unknowingly.

ffk, hope you know that you are unknowingly battling with the Lord. awon ole jati jati

1 Like

Re: ‘I Never Knowingly Spent Government Money,’ - Fani-kayode by malton: 4:02pm On May 10, 2016
That's how they have all unknowingly plundered the country dry.

Wetin be our own, na siddon look we dey. The captain we voted in to carry out operations on unintentional rapists of our economy is doing so marvelously, not paying mind to gossips and side talks. cool

This guy is too lily-livered for the mouth he's made prior.
Re: ‘I Never Knowingly Spent Government Money,’ - Fani-kayode by 989900: 4:47pm On May 10, 2016
He is working his escape angle.

The transferor's account details will be key.
Re: ‘I Never Knowingly Spent Government Money,’ - Fani-kayode by bobmalu83(m): 6:14pm On May 10, 2016
the question now is that d money given to him is it for campaign expenses or for his up keep. to me d guy is innocent of this one
Re: ‘I Never Knowingly Spent Government Money,’ - Fani-kayode by Nobody: 6:20pm On May 10, 2016
Torturing is setting in gradually for FFK.
Re: ‘I Never Knowingly Spent Government Money,’ - Fani-kayode by seunmsg(m): 6:25pm On May 10, 2016
grin grin grin EFCC underground detention centre has really reset FFK's brain. The rogue don they come down small small. All his initial gragra and grandstanding is gone. His excuse that he doesn't know that the money he and other PDP campaigners spent and shared was stolen from government's fund is not tenable. Ignorance is not an excuse under the law.
Re: ‘I Never Knowingly Spent Government Money,’ - Fani-kayode by mekaboy(m): 6:59pm On May 10, 2016
He is right. Afterall fashola never signed a cheque and Amechi never gave/ took bribe. What's the big deal then?
Re: ‘I Never Knowingly Spent Government Money,’ - Fani-kayode by Nobody: 7:33pm On May 10, 2016
Charge him to court if you have evidence that he forced his party to pay for a job the called him to execute for them.

If people get tired of this EFCC propaganda,what else will incompetent govt use as a selling point?
Re: ‘I Never Knowingly Spent Government Money,’ - Fani-kayode by Nobody: 7:36pm On May 10, 2016
This is one year and are still hearing arrest,detain and bail.
Government ndi zombie
Re: ‘I Never Knowingly Spent Government Money,’ - Fani-kayode by Nobody: 7:36pm On May 10, 2016
This is one year and we are still hearing arrest,detain and bail.
Government ndi zombie
Re: ‘I Never Knowingly Spent Government Money,’ - Fani-kayode by kolinz(m): 8:09pm On May 10, 2016
We keep hearing reports of EFCC recovering money ever since it was commissioned, Nigeria must be one of the richest countries now if indeed all said recoveries were made and properly remi tted.
I am still waiting for the report of this agency
Re: ‘I Never Knowingly Spent Government Money,’ - Fani-kayode by omenka(m): 8:11pm On May 10, 2016
omowolewa:
EOD! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘I Never Knowingly Spent Government Money,’ - Fani-kayode by naijainfogalery: 8:53pm On May 10, 2016
Hahahahaha im sure Buhari will be somewhere singing who can battle with the Lord , who can cattle with the Lord who can battle with the Lord , I say No body
Re: ‘I Never Knowingly Spent Government Money,’ - Fani-kayode by alizma: 8:56pm On May 10, 2016
once Magu and his boys hold you, you have no choice but to confess.
Re: ‘I Never Knowingly Spent Government Money,’ - Fani-kayode by Nobody: 9:05pm On May 10, 2016
I never knowingly spent government money though.

I never lie just the truth is hidden among many lies

long live
Re: ‘I Never Knowingly Spent Government Money,’ - Fani-kayode by BALLOSKI: 11:56pm On May 10, 2016
That garullous donkey should be locked up.
Re: ‘I Never Knowingly Spent Government Money,’ - Fani-kayode by TheShopKeeper(m): 12:04am On May 11, 2016
FFK political ambitions are now next to zero...he has become a political liabilty. People have forgotten that he has been charged to court previously on money laundrring issues during his time as Minister of Aviation...it was only in 2014 that his case was dismissed in the court with the help of the PDP government.

(1) (Reply)

Does It Mean Amina Was Pregnant Before Her Abduction? / Reply Of Niger Delta Avengers To The Plea Of Tompolo / Does The EFCC Have The Power In Law To Freeze The Bank Account Of A Citizen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.