Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,979 members, 7,835,275 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo (22969 Views)

Why I Am Not In A Hurry To Take Decisions, Says Buhari / NNPC Says Osinbajo Gave Approval For N640 Billion Contract;VP Office Keeps Mum / Fuel Subsidy: It’s Time For Difficult Decisions – Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by megxo(m): 8:29am On May 11, 2016
Jst do the needful..... recalcitrant leaders
Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by Donald7610: 8:31am On May 11, 2016
asorocker:
Brainless APC ,so you have woken up from your stupid hypocrisitical ignorance and false patriotism to realize after 4 years when a world class economist advised you to do away with petroleum subsidy that subsidy should go.

May the souls of the ignorant people who demonstrated and died during the last subsidy riot rest in peace.
And may those who deceived the whole country with their false analysis to justify why subsidy should stay, those who mobilised people to demonstrate for a whole week against subsidy making the economy to loose billions, those who have been described as fantastically corrupt by the western world, those who fight against corruption is lopsided hatred against the opposition political party be held responsible for the billions of dollars lost to the payment for subsidy.

Gud Talk but not polite
Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by SmithHumble50: 8:33am On May 11, 2016
We don enter one chance..
Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by EastanPower(m): 8:34am On May 11, 2016
tuale4u:
subsidy should go

If only you had said this in 2012 when Jonathan wanted to remove it.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by Nobody: 8:40am On May 11, 2016
Bunch of perpetually confused re.tards!
Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by EbiClems: 8:41am On May 11, 2016
Oh what a Nation that Lacks vision
Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by blaquemyc: 8:43am On May 11, 2016
they will still blame GEJ for listening to them then

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by ZoggingMaster: 8:47am On May 11, 2016
A friend fought me during GEJ's era when I said GEJ must have seen better than many of us because of his position and that he must have considered that the best move was to remove subsidy. APC masterminded Nigerians' distrust in GEJ through propaganda and they even staged protests against fuel subsidy. They gave fake promises during campaign and now they are faced with reality. We are in it already. My submission is that SUBSIDY MUST GO AND APC MUST GO. We don't want a country built on LIES

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by bankylan: 8:47am On May 11, 2016
youngberry001:
stop talking like a child miss.....dis goverment is doing sometin alots to make dis our beloved country better it just a little time all will be well.

Same error ur parents made over 30 yes ago. It will be better one day...I hope u won't be saying same thing when u are 70
Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by precious1967(m): 8:48am On May 11, 2016
ibe kachukwu is a problem to ds county he should be removed with immediate effect. he has no brain he is just compounding d suffering of d masses. double mouths.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by luvinhubby(m): 8:54am On May 11, 2016
Nobody should tamper with fuel price in the name of subsidy removal, GEJ tried it we refused & resisted, if Buhari dares it Nigeria will go up in flames.

The minister of petroleum, the main one, should resign if he cannot give us fuel.
quote me at your peril. cheesy
Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by Kingspin(m): 8:55am On May 11, 2016
Stu.pid people, animals no be the same thing the last govt tried to achieve fools.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by tivta(m): 8:56am On May 11, 2016
Here we go again, same old shitt dog just a different day...
Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by luvinhubby(m): 8:57am On May 11, 2016
If subsidy must go, then APC &Buhari must go.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by Bonnywest: 8:57am On May 11, 2016
Well either the news is too long or Nigerians are tired of stories. Take action, make the economy work & alleviate suffering from millions of Nigerians
Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by pedestal82(m): 8:58am On May 11, 2016
All GEJ policies they criticized is now APC Govt template.
GEJ said seperate the Yam from the goat, and that solves the problem they called him Yam eater. Now they are the ones eating thier vomit.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by twinskenny(m): 9:02am On May 11, 2016
ganisucks:
I don't think they'll try it, this J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇τ̣̣̥ looks †̥♥ ♍ƺ like APC's jingle for the week. But, if they even attempt †̥♥ hoodwink us into a subsidy removal, ehn, Heaven go fall on earth that day.
sister nothing will happpen
Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by DropShot: 9:04am On May 11, 2016
kulikuli26:
I remember losing friends because I didn't support #SubsidyProtest. I personally believed the Oil market need to be fully deregulated back then based on my professional thought but a lot of friends who didn't even understand anything about the economy attacked me thinking it was wrong for me to support anything coming from PDP notwithstanding how laudable the idea was. We all have supported APC to win election now. I'm waiting for their response when the subsidy is finally taken off under APC without the refineries fixed.
If only we have allowed subsidy to go back then, we probably might have been able to avoid the current economic and forex crisis.
I also believe the integrity of the Leader matters. May be some understood subsidy had to go but just couldn't trust GEJ to do it because of the deep rooted corruption in the system. Anyway, I still support subsidy removal. Let's fully deregulate Oil sector with the enabling laws in place.
That's the core of it.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by snthesis(m): 9:05am On May 11, 2016
DrMeroThaEmperor:
I strongly believe that this APC led government is using 'juju' on Nigerians... Or why else are the oppositions and the populace as dead quiet as this?
the juju is EFCC/DSS/ANTI-CORRUPTION CRUSADE, no politician fit make mouth cos of skeletons in dia cupboard

brilliant strategy, i must say!!!

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by sean079: 9:06am On May 11, 2016
Reski:
As an apc supporter I still personally would like to apologise to the former president Goodluck Jonathan on this subsidy issue. Now I have known better. The position I formally took was against subsidy removal. Doing away with such a scheme was actually the right thing to do. but lack of trust for the past goverment made a lot of Nigerians protest against such a move.

Why nigerian rose against the removal then was because everybody already knew that jona led govt wont be able to put the generated fund into good use. Likewise everyone could see how the govt was known for extravagant as well as lavish lifestyle by the officials hence why nigerian were at least we going to av little benefit .also note that he never prosecute any of his officials that were caught in corrupt practices.by the way u cant trust such individual with huge fund. I hope buhari n his entire crew can be trusted to use the fund judiciuosly

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by RedCapChief(m): 9:10am On May 11, 2016
sean079:

Why nigerian rose against the removal then was because everybody already knew that jona led govt wont be able to put the generated fund into good use. Likewise everyone could see how the govt was known for extravagant as well as lavish lifestyle by the officials hence why nigerian were at least we going to av little benefit .also note that he never prosecute any of his officials that were caught in corrupt practices.by the way u cant trust such individual with huge fund. I hope buhari n his entire crew can be trusted to use the fund judiciuosly

You are wrong. The matter of subsidy removal was never about how the money was going to be spent. APC just seized the moment to whip the masses into a frenzy. People simply didn't understand why we should pay more for petrol in a country that has crude oil, and nobody wanted to hear anything.
Even the cerebral Fashola advocated for a reduction in pump price since the price of crude oil had gone down. Now he is in government, he has gone silent.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by Kingspin(m): 9:10am On May 11, 2016
kulikuli26:
I remember losing friends because I didn't support #SubsidyProtest. I personally believed the Oil market need to be fully deregulated back then based on my professional thought but a lot of friends who didn't even understand anything about the economy attacked me thinking it was wrong for me to support anything coming from PDP notwithstanding how laudable the idea was. We all have supported APC to win election now. I'm waiting for their response when the subsidy is finally taken off under APC without the refineries fixed.
If only we have allowed subsidy to go back then, we probably might have been able to avoid the current economic and forex crisis.
I also believe the integrity of the Leader matters. May be some understood subsidy had to go but just couldn't trust GEJ to do it because of the deep rooted corruption in the system. Anyway, I still support subsidy removal. Let's fully deregulate Oil sector with the enabling laws in place.
It was never about trust, but deep hatred for the Man GEJ. Imagine, non of his policies were supported by them. Now, what the APC is doing happen to be the master plan of GEJ government is unfolding day by day. So, anybody who hated Jonathan automatically hates his or herself.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by Nobody: 9:12am On May 11, 2016
asorocker:
Brainless APC ,so you have woken up from your stupid hypocrisitical ignorance and false patriotism to realize after 4 years when a world class economist advised you to do away with petroleum subsidy that subsidy should go.

May the souls of the ignorant people who demonstrated and died during the last subsidy riot rest in peace.
And may those who deceived the whole country with their false analysis to justify why subsidy should stay, those who mobilised people to demonstrate for a whole week against subsidy making the economy to loose billions, those who have been described as fantastically corrupt by the western world, those who fight against corruption is lopsided hatred against the opposition political party be held responsible for the billions of dollars lost to the payment for subsidy.

World class economist ?

APC will tell you that Okonjo is quack..
Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by ayoshyne(m): 9:14am On May 11, 2016
Fuel subsidy should go already, it is high time FG stopped reneging, eating and vomiting back its words. We want action and solutions!
Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by Nobody: 9:18am On May 11, 2016
Reski:
As an apc supporter I still personally would like to apologise to the former president Goodluck Jonathan on this subsidy issue. Now I have known better. The position I formally took was against subsidy removal. Doing away with such a scheme was actually the right thing to do. but lack of trust for the past goverment made a lot of Nigerians protest against such a move.

APC heirarchy are too confused.

How many times has Buhari moved from positive to negative on this subsidy issue ?

It shows that Buhari does not listen to his ministers.. He wants to be everywhere at thesame time..
Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by andyview(m): 9:18am On May 11, 2016
“I think that we are at a point that a lot has been said about subsidies and what to do with subsidies. I think we are at a point where we must make many difficult decisions and make very tough choices.
“But I think the Nigerian people are prepared for all what is required and all it would take to make a real difference.

“In no way can a country make the kind of progress we expect it to make without being able to ensure that in public life our finance system is transparent and would ensure that there is accountability.

“Our Ministry of Finance has been putting in place a system that would assure accountability. It would ensure that public funds are accounted for and that the country is not exposed to some of the kinds of huge corruption that we had seen over the past few years.”

In the above quotes, Vice President, Prof Osibanjo, has not explained to us why its necessary to remove fuel subsidy now than ever. Are they removing it because there is no accountability? Because, that is what i can deduce from his above statements. And if so, i believe its what he was elected to do...make the process accountable and not throwing it away because you are unable to do it.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by Nobody: 9:23am On May 11, 2016
kulikuli26:

Kachikwu just announced that it has been finalized that the refineries must be sold and the IOCs are being begged to take them over.

This is a position he took since he was sworn in but the mediaval lord has the final say.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by tete7000(m): 9:24am On May 11, 2016
Reski:

Lack of trust you said? No, you people were just simply lied to and brainwashed by apc goons. Unfortunately they are still brainwashing you.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by Nobody: 9:24am On May 11, 2016
Keneking:
Subsidy and deregulation must go.
Sell the refineries.
Finish off the militants in Niger Delta

You dont understand yourself..
Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by deboysben(m): 9:27am On May 11, 2016
apc government is equal to hypocrite. tufiakwa! azi gba
Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by Nobody: 9:30am On May 11, 2016
Nbote:
Dis govt should b ashamed and apologize to Nigerians in general not because it hoodwinked them with unattainable campaign promises but because of the countless lies and false hopes it kept giving dem with trial and error policies. Eventually d refineries which dey claim dey were going to fix in record time will b sold, subsidy which dey claimed shouldn't b removed or didn't exist would eventually b removed. Dis ppl no get shame sha.

They are simply economic illiterates
Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by maxzzo1(m): 9:30am On May 11, 2016
laprince:

PLEASE, keep shut!

Is that the only problem besieging Nigeria?
Poor leadership is our biggest national challenge.

Niger Delta has been supporting the country since
independence, all they can show for it is,
environmental degradation

If I were the government, I would look elsewhere for
resources to manage Nigeria.

When the oil becomes totally useless and possibly
finished, then other parts of the Nation would tap and
develop their resources which they have allowed to lay
fallow. They may eventually want session when they
are the new source of national likelihood.

In my own opinion, government should just look
elsewhere for revenue, otherwise, dance to the harsh
tune of the militants.

ma broda ND is Nigeria..without ND no Nigeria.. If am joking let ND control there oil and zee wat will happen...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Afe Babalola Speaks On Arrest Of Judges / Shehu Sani Replies Presidency: You Taught PDP How To Politicize Insecurity / Umahi Fines APC N5m For Indiscriminate Campaign Posters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.