Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,932 members, 7,835,112 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo (22966 Views)

Why I Am Not In A Hurry To Take Decisions, Says Buhari / NNPC Says Osinbajo Gave Approval For N640 Billion Contract;VP Office Keeps Mum / Fuel Subsidy: It’s Time For Difficult Decisions – Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by freshdude99(m): 9:32am On May 11, 2016
john4reala:
BUHARI DAUGHTER SCHOOL FEES PER YEAR = 43,000£

OSINBANJO DAUGHTER =41,000£

WTF! are they learning that A Unizik person is not learning
Many things bro
Some of which are; how to speak Queens' English to enable them loot our treasury dry
How to properly spell kworuption cheesy
Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by tete7000(m): 9:33am On May 11, 2016
ZoggingMaster:
A friend fought me during GEJ's era when I said GEJ must have seen better than many of us because of his position and that he must have considered that the best move was to remove subsidy. APC masterminded Nigerians' distrust in GEJ through propaganda and they even staged protests against fuel subsidy. They gave fake promises during campaign and now they are faced with reality. We are in it already. My submission is that SUBSIDY MUST GO AND APC MUST GO. We don't want a country built on LIES

God bless you. APC are just bunch of desperate power-hungry liars. They will say anything to have power. They distort facts and give fake analysis and statistics. If it proven that someone has lied to you on several occasions, such person cannot be trusted again. You don't build trust on lies.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by farem: 9:35am On May 11, 2016
Reski:
As an apc supporter I still personally would like to apologise to the former president Goodluck Jonathan on this subsidy issue. Now I have known better. The position I formally took was against subsidy removal. Doing away with such a scheme was actually the right thing to do. but lack of trust for the past goverment made a lot of Nigerians protest against such a move.

As an APC supporter, I also join you to apologize gej for spending trillions of Naira in subsidy which would have been used to build refineries with ease.
Former president Jonathan, I apologize you again
Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by Man2utd(m): 9:38am On May 11, 2016
Removing the subsidy is a bold step, but my fear is how do you cushion the effect, the price of food has gone up even when the so called subsidy is still there, I just can't imagine what it will look like after the deregulation if the government don't take certain steps.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by Reference(m): 9:41am On May 11, 2016
Donald7610:

Gud Talk but not polite

That is the problem with this country and everyone is responsible for what Nigeria is. Everyone wants to be politically correct because a msssiah is on the throne who now uses the old testament instead of formulating a new gospel. Why are we so dull.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by Nobody: 9:44am On May 11, 2016
DrMeroThaEmperor:
I strongly believe that this APC led government is using 'juju' on Nigerians... Or why else are the oppositions and the populace as dead quiet as this?

Where is FFK and Metuh today ?

Isnt it immunity that keeps Fayose talking ?

Talk make you enter EFCC or DSS.

Or you want to embark on peaceful demonstration so they turn you into Shiite muslims or IPOB youths.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by Reference(m): 9:49am On May 11, 2016
sean079:

Why nigerian rose against the removal then was because everybody already knew that jona led govt wont be able to put the generated fund into good use. Likewise everyone could see how the govt was known for extravagant as well as lavish lifestyle by the officials hence why nigerian were at least we going to av little benefit .also note that he never prosecute any of his officials that were caught in corrupt practices.by the way u cant trust such individual with huge fund. I hope buhari n his entire crew can be trusted to use the fund judiciuosly

Excuses after excuses. Now you're all licking your vomit and still won't prefer humble pie. Trillions down the drain....iis this not foolishness.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by Jesusloveyou: 10:20am On May 11, 2016
SleekAboki:
Ojota reloaded. I dey go see Paso for carnival be that!
nobody wil come out, ipod no get level, or u can stage the protest in onitsha and kill urselves
Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by SleekAboki: 10:26am On May 11, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
nobody wil come out, ipod no get level, or u can stage the protest in onitsha and kill urselves
I trust the sophisticated lagosians that never joke with Owambe.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by youngberry001(m): 10:34am On May 11, 2016
bankylan:

Same error ur parents made over 30 yes ago. It will be better one day...I hope u won't be saying same thing when u are 70
including ya parents.......(caution)""dont ever mention my parents again brother
Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by DrMeroThaEmperor(m): 10:38am On May 11, 2016
Naughtysite:

Where is FFK and Metuh today ?

Isnt it immunity that keeps Fayose talking ?

Talk make you enter EFCC or DSS.

Or you want to embark on peaceful demonstration so they turn you into Shiite muslims or IPOB youths.
snthesis:

the juju is EFCC/DSS/ANTI-CORRUPTION CRUSADE, no politician fit make mouth cos of skeletons in dia cupboard

brilliant strategy, i must say!!!
I totally agree with you guys. But what I can't say is whether I should be happy or sad. . .

And As for the guy that said
Charly68:
We all know that subsidy is not to the benefits of common man. Let us take away the subsidy and face the reality of life. Enough of fuel scarcity in the country. You don't need any sermon to remove the subsidy..as a matter of truth,you ought to have done so immediately you assume governance.. Please let us face economic reality
how I wish you were around when GEJ made the move starting from on 01/01/2012.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by Lanre01(m): 10:39am On May 11, 2016
undecided
Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by Toks2008(m): 10:40am On May 11, 2016
Reski:
As an apc supporter I still personally would like to apologise to the former president Goodluck Jonathan on this subsidy issue. Now I have known better. The position I formally took was against subsidy removal. Doing away with such a scheme was actually the right thing to do. but lack of trust for the past goverment made a lot of Nigerians protest against such a move.

your last line justifies the position of Nigerians who were against the move.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by Jesusloveyou: 10:52am On May 11, 2016
SleekAboki:

I trust the sophisticated lagosians that never joke with Owambe.
except only ipod in lagos, and that wil be the opportunity to throw them inside lagoon
Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by Charly68: 10:54am On May 11, 2016
We all know that subsidy is not to the benefits of common man. Let us take away the subsidy and face the reality of life. Enough of fuel scarcity in the country. You don't need any sermon to remove the subsidy..as a matter of truth,you ought to have done so immediately you assume governance.. Please let us face economic reality
Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by muller101(m): 10:56am On May 11, 2016
Keneking:
Subsidy and deregulation must go.
Sell the refineries.
Finish off the militants in Niger Delta
jobless ness . Always on nairaland posting trash. U should be ashamed of ur sorry self
Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by SleekAboki: 10:56am On May 11, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
except only ipod in lagos, and that wil be the opportunity to throw them inside lagoon
I doubt only the iPod will feel the impact of the removal. Are you inherently immune to it?
Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by Nobody: 10:58am On May 11, 2016
BABANGBALI:
Una don already put knife for our neck make una kuku cut am comot make we rest

Just kill us... there is really no point anymore
Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by 9jatatafo(m): 11:10am On May 11, 2016
Has this government ever taken a policy decision that is friendly to Nigerians since they came into power?
Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by BABANGBALI: 11:17am On May 11, 2016
Esseite:

Just kill us... there is really no point anymore
abi o
Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by beejaay: 11:19am On May 11, 2016
Toks2008:

which trust are you guys foaming about? GEJ was sworn-in just 7month before the removal.....please tell me what you mean by trust when he won landslide just 7 month before.....the whole trust issues started after the subsidy removal protest and definitely before....

am not holding brief for GEJ but we have all been misled by those that want power at all cost and now PMB is their new pawn....i fear for this country but God help us all
Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by Nobody: 12:11pm On May 11, 2016
Jesusloveyou:

You can't use 'kill' and still maintain the moniker 'jesusloveyou'. Don't you think so? Besides, don't expect protest in eastern Nigeria; they don't act out of sentiments.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by Nobody: 12:12pm On May 11, 2016
Jesusloveyou:

You can't use 'kill' and still maintain the moniker 'jesusloveyou'. Don't you think so? Besides, don't expect protest in eastern Nigeria; they don't act out of sentiments. They knew after analysis of the subject matter that it was wise removing subsidy.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by alayo22002(m): 12:36pm On May 11, 2016
Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by hushshinani(m): 12:39pm On May 11, 2016
asorocker:
Brainless APC ,so you have woken up from your stupid hypocrisitical ignorance and false patriotism to realize after 4 years when a world class economist advised you to do away with petroleum subsidy that subsidy should go.

May the souls of the ignorant people who demonstrated and died during the last subsidy riot rest in peace.
And may those who deceived the whole country with their false analysis to justify why subsidy should stay, those who mobilised people to demonstrate for a whole week against subsidy making the economy to loose billions, those who have been described as fantastically corrupt by the western world, those who fight against corruption is lopsided hatred against the opposition political party be held responsible for the billions of dollars lost to the payment for subsidy.

some people with silly comment...
Why the insult of APC being Brainless
was APC in power in 4 years
Please always think before u make comments... Hush!!!
Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by HOTWATER(m): 12:57pm On May 11, 2016
Toks2008:

you are very economical with the truth. Buhari has shown more dishonesty in one yeat than GEJ did in four years. you are only being hypocritical
Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by HOTWATER(m): 1:05pm On May 11, 2016
Jesusloveyou:

ipob will not protest because of subsidy removal. They understood the reason for removal four years before you. They have moved to bigger task and you are apparently ignorant as usual . It may take you another 10years to see what IPOB is currently doing. so we shall pardon your ignorance. Between Ngige and Obiano . IPOB chose Obiano , they were right. Between Ambode and Agbaje , IPOD choose Agbaje , they are being proven right. Between Buhari and GEJ , IPOB chose GEJ , they are also being proven right everyday. When will go back to school and learn?
Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by JoNach: 1:21pm On May 11, 2016
Subsidy or APC , which of them don epp us pass?
DONSMITH123:
name your achievement.

It wearies me to see comments like this. Development is a process and government needs our collective efforts to achieve their goals and objectives.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by amazingspiderma: 1:34pm On May 11, 2016
GET,NOI ,they said you were not go enough simply because your geographic origin was not the same as theirs. We are gradually coming to terms with the reality, as the loudness of rhetoric has failed.
To even make matters worse,the man PMB, as a general, former leader and minister of petroleum in this country had no idea what subsidy really meant,which was why he denied it when he campaigned. He is now learning on the job at the expense of the Nigerian economic climate.
First they said it was global oil price,then they said it was China's economic slow down.Later marketers too accepted the blame all in an attempt to shift blame away from PMB.Oh I forgot, the even asked the minister of state of petroleum to resign without asking for the head of minister of petroleum.How else do we define hypocrisy.
It is a good thing the the economy operates on principles and when policies do not align with economic principles and realities then there will be negative consequences.
Whatever long episode that was written by the source of this thread,it only points to one thing. These guys don't know what they are doing.I mean the entire members of the national executive council,to be more clear,that includes the president himself.
They don't know what to do with Saraki,Dasuki and all those alleged to have stolen government money. To make matters worse,they have no clue on the economy,this is why the resolve to blame others from past administration.
They are now unlearning their opinions as opposition to adopt the policies of the previous government. soon the West and other nations will send us a message to PMB that all corruption is not the agenda of all international visits.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by HOTWATER(m): 1:45pm On May 11, 2016
Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by Ordinaryguy: 1:58pm On May 11, 2016
bejeiodus:
This should have been done four years ago and the harsh effects of the removal would have long petered out. But the then opposition played on the vulnerability of Nigerians to being led by the nose to hurl abuses at the government which later forced the government to rescind its decision. What was thought unfit then is what the APC government is about to do....The truth must be told, fuel subsidy has to go. It was a military policy to enrich some few oil marketers to the detriment of the masses. Now that no one has kicked a fuss about the removal, I hope Nigerians, especially the so called intellectuals , will learn to view issues objectively rather than allow their hearts to rule their brain.

Is there any guarantee that the money saved from subsidy removal will be used judiciously by the government officials (APC or PDP) for what the saved funds ought to be used for? Wouldn't this end up as one of those situations where promises are made and not fulfilled eventually?
Re: Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo by asorocker: 2:01pm On May 11, 2016
hushshinani:

some people with silly comment...
Why the insult of APC being Brainless
was APC in power in 4 years
Please always think before u make comments... Hush!!!

go and find out who protested against the fuel subsidy removal with strike, demonstrations that was spearheaded by brainless people like tinubu , tunde bakare, and the Kano peopl that grounded the lagos economy for 8 days . APC is filled with jokers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Declares Total Clampdown On Alcohol Sales, Street Trading In Parks, Garage / President Jonathan Heads To United Kingdom On A Private Visit / Lawan, Ndume, Goje Shift Battleground To PDP Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.