Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,194 members, 7,953,698 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:50 PM

Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness - Crime (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness (36194 Views)

Ronke Shonde’s Sister Denies Lekan Shonde’s Claims / Lekan Shonde Arrested Over Ronke Shonde's Death / Ronke Shonde's Murderer, Lekan Shonde, Wanted By Lagos Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by Akinrogun(m): 12:50pm On May 11, 2016
TheArchangel:
They should conjure the woman's spirit to tell her own side of the story.

hmmm....that's how demons will b staying on their own jejely.....and humanity will invite them into terrestrial matters.

I'm not disputing the fact that conjuring isn't a commonplace....but one thing is certain, demons are the voices emanating from such operations.
Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by Annalise(f): 12:52pm On May 11, 2016
samkp27:
Death is a very bad thing. Is unfortunate that is inevitable. Wondering wah would hv killed her. We are all blaming the man without thinking out of the box.she spent 4days fucking another man in a hotel, ND she even explained her private part is paining her. Let's give it a second tot . that her boss need to be quared also. Cos wah we dnt know is greater than wah we know. The word is evil. Some men don't sleep with woman all in d name of sex, also ritualist is also a factor.

Were you there? I pray this happens to your sisters and daughters. Amen. Can you create ordinary finger nail? Nobody belongs to you, if you're not happy in a relationship, you bounce and find someone else instead of killing them.

R.I.P
Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by mamajaz(f): 12:55pm On May 11, 2016
Category1:
[size=13pt]so who should we believe now! The wife is dead and u can't ask her anything. The story is a bit complicated thou.
So what the man is trying to tell us is that when his wife was sleeping, he didnt hook her neck or prevented her from breathing in one way or the other? no matter what the man say's, they won't release him...naija police is too difficult to handle.

May God not allow us we unmarried to marry a cheating wife ijn...coz my own na gun I go use shoot .
[/size]
Autopsy should bail him out
Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by julimaxy: 1:08pm On May 11, 2016
How to catch a liar... continue to ask the same question and you ll keep getting different response on each occasion.
He previously said that it was money issue they had that night and he "moved her hand away and she never fell or tumbled". Now he is saying that he stroke her face and left and the next morning he saw her lying in the couch....... Dont worry when they apply heavy interrogation he will tell the truth eventually. angry

2 Likes

Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by butanep(m): 1:15pm On May 11, 2016
So many lopsided comments here. Only if we re in a developed society, this would ve been an easy issue to handle.

Conduct an autopsy.

Get the network provided to release details of their conversation.

Get the boss in question to reveal what happened between them.

Get the said friend that saw them in the hotel to be a witness. At least he will stand as a witness. He might even ve a camera shot.

The man might be the killer or the woman even probably committed suicide. It's possible. Thinking how she could cope with such stigma could make her commit suicide. Autopsy will reveal it.

The police need to do a proper and intelligent job here. Just that our society is so backward and corrupt.

1 Like

Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by justiz5(m): 1:34pm On May 11, 2016
fpeter:

Don't worry, think about the good ones you know...especially from those within and around you. Look up to you parents or relatives that got it right, believe yours too will be good. I know a lot is going on with marriages today because the devil is really attacking the institution. Choose to standout from the crowd, believe you will have the best.
tanx

1 Like

Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by Biodunkuye(f): 1:53pm On May 11, 2016
butanep:
So many lopsided comments here. Only if we re in a developed society, this would ve been an easy issue to handle.

Conduct an autopsy.

Get the network provided to release details of their conversation.

Get the boss in question to reveal what happened between them.

Get the said friend that saw them in the hotel to be a witness. At least he will stand as a witness. He might even ve a camera shot.

The man might be the killer or the woman even probably committed suicide. It's possible. Thinking how she could cope with such stigma could make her commit suicide. Autopsy will reveal it.

The police need to do a proper and intelligent job here. Just that our society is so backward and corrupt.

Nigerian police need to watch American movies,like criminal minds and others ,and see how dey cary out investigation on a case.
Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by vena3(f): 2:00pm On May 11, 2016
How many men we don kill for cheating on us wey be married women. Even our mama and pastor go say manage am, dey pray, one day he go change. Mr man, u go eat watery beans tire, that is if you escape death sentence. Most men go waka leave the woman. The story nor pure. Autopsy result dey come.

1 Like

Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by freshvine(f): 2:03pm On May 11, 2016
The dead wife invited the devil into the marriage by cheating and now her family is destroyed.

She's dead, husband likely to be in jail and little children emotionally shattered.

If you find a new lover, for all things good please divorce and follow your lover. Do not cheat on a good man who is faithful to you cos his actions if he catches you in the action is always unpredictable.

The dead wife is the devil herself, the man she cheated with the demon personified and her husband a victim of circumstance.
Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by mpowa(m): 2:12pm On May 11, 2016
luciouscookie:
It's very obvious this man is lying. You didn't beat her but maybe stroked her face hmmmm undecided

gringrin It's obvious he's lying,... he stroked her face, I pity him though, it's a hard situation to be in, just this single incident and his life has changed forever, may we never fall victim.

1 Like

Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by Lilimax(f): 2:25pm On May 11, 2016
Edusouls:
shut up it is no joking matter, is a tragedy...
embarassed
Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by Happywoman(f): 2:40pm On May 11, 2016
Category1:
[size=13pt]so who should we believe now! The wife is dead and u can't ask her anything. The story is a bit complicated thou.
So what the man is trying to tell us is that when his wife was sleeping, he didnt hook her neck or prevented her from breathing in one way or the other? no matter what the man say's, they won't release him...naija police is too difficult to handle.

May God not allow us we unmarried to marry a cheating wife ijn...coz my own na gun I go use shoot .
[/size]

Who do anyhow go see anyhow.
U wan kill person . . . abi ? Maka otu
Oya fire down.

U will realise the futility of that move . I can guarantee u DAT much

1 Like

Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by luciouscookie: 2:54pm On May 11, 2016
mpowa:

gringrin It's obvious he's lying,... he stroked her face, I pity him though, it's a hard situation to be in, just this single incident and his life has changed forever, may we never fall victim.
Honestly I stopped reading there. Generally people should just be careful because you never can tell who is healthy or not. We have lots of walking corpses that only a slap would send them to grave.

1 Like

Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by webhostbiz: 4:04pm On May 11, 2016
Here in Nigeria, we are fast in condemning people. I think there is a law in logos state now that says autopsy must be done on all dead person to determine the cause of death. This should be carried out by the coroner and the police should also do their own investigation.
Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by butanep(m): 4:21pm On May 11, 2016
Biodunkuye:

Nigerian police need to watch American movies,like criminal minds and others ,and see how dey cary out investigation on a case.

My dear I understand you. Many of the police do watch foreign movies. The problem is the Nigerian system. How many of them go for foreign seminars and training. Does the Nigerian police have the facilities to detect crime with ease. What is their relationship with our network provided? Is the so called registration of sim not also for crime detection?

The police force is not helping matters and the police men are so corrupt. I just pray the truth will unveil itself.
Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by Kaynee: 4:42pm On May 11, 2016
Suspected wife killer has child outside wedlock – Victim’s family
The family of late Ronke Shonde (nee Bewaji) has reacted to the allegations levelled against her by her husband, Lekan.

The first and only surviving child of the family, Bolatito Bewaji, told PUNCH Metro on Tuesday that Lekan allegedly killed her sister due to jealousy and insecurity.

She said the problem started when Ronke discovered that her husband had a child outside wedlock, which affected their marriage.

Bolatito said her sister had endured a long period of domestic abuse, adding that sometime in December 2015, she almost packed out of his house.

PUNCH Metro had reported how Lekan, a dockworker in the Apapa area of Lagos State, allegedly killed Ronke, his wife of eight years, at their home in the Idimu-Egbeda area last Thursday.

The matter was reported at the Idimu Police Division.

Lekan, who spoke to our correspondent while in hiding, had claimed that his late wife was unfaithful to him, adding that he caught her discussing her sexual escapades with a lover on the telephone.

On Monday, the 51-year-old Abeokuta, Ogun State indigene, submitted himself to the police.

Bolatito, who spoke at the family house on Ogunsiji Close, Allen Avenue, Ikeja, however, said her sister would not have died if she had listened when she (Bolatito) and their mother begged her to leave the house after a series of abuse.

She said, “The first case of abuse which I can remember happened sometime in 2012. The most recent was in December 2015, when we were still mourning the death of my brother. My mother was in the house with them when he started to verbally assault her. It was getting heated and my mum had to immediately leave the house. My mum called me and I went to a police station closest to the house. The policemen there said I could not report the case since I was not the victim.”

She said she went to her sister’s house, but her husband refused to let her go, which created a scene on their street.

“My mother said I must make sure she packed her belongings. I started begging her to follow me, and she stood up and went ahead of me. But as I stepped out, I discovered that she had gone back. When I returned to their house, I found her in bed.

“I called her and said, ‘my sister, do you want to die? We don’t want to lose you. We just lost our second born. I know you are a loving person and you care about your family, but you have to quit this marriage.’ At this point, she (Ronke) started crying,” Bolatito added.

It was learnt that a pastor on the street and the landlady of the house came out to intervene and beg on behalf of Lekan, who was also pleading and saying it was the devil’s handiwork.

Bolatito said her mother insisted she followed them back or she signed an undertaking at a police station that whatever happened to her, the family would not be involved.

She said her sister’s latest problem started after a woman turned up in their home with a child.

She explained that Lekan, who was caught unawares by the visit, started begging his wife for forgiveness.

Bolatito said, “My sister called me and said her husband had a child outside wedlock. She said somebody brought the child to the house and said her husband was the father. She was shattered by that news and from that time, she started keeping to herself.

“Lekan asked her to forgive him, saying it was the devil’s handiwork. He would kneel and beg in the kitchen and bathroom. He promised to do a DNA test to know if the child was truly his own, but he didn’t do it. He started sending people to beg her. But she decided to stop talking to him.”

On the infidelity accusation, Bolatito said her sister never had any relationship out of wedlock, saying the relationship between Ronke and the manager in question was professional.

She also said Lekan did not buy her two cars as he claimed.

“She has been struggling to raise N70,000 to change the gearbox of her car. My sister would sometimes ask me for money for her chi
She has been struggling to raise N70,000 to change the gearbox of her car. My sister would sometimes ask me for money for her children’s school fees and other things, but he (Lekan) would check her account and ask who sent the money and they would start fighting over it.

“Since we lost our brother, the two of us became close and we promised to stay together to take care of our mum. But now, see what he has done to our family,” she added.

Another family member, who asked not to be named, said when Ronke refused to take any action on the child born out of wedlock, her husband checked her phones to know if she was dating another person in retaliation.

He said aside from the general manager that the suspect mentioned, he had accused her of dating at least three other people in her office.

He said, “He would pick her phone and would query her on numbers not in her contact, he would ask who it was and why he was calling. Before she got her job, whenever she was going for an interview, he would commission a motorcyclist to trail her and check if she actually went for the interview or not.

“If she told him she was going to see a friend, she would call that friend some minutes later and said he could not reach his wife on her mobile phone and would like to talk to her through the friend’s phone; just to check if she was there.

“At another time, he started waiting for her at the gate at night to see who would drop her at the gate.

“It got to a point that he sent friendship request to all her male friends on Facebook and got their contacts and started calling them and harassing them. The man is insecure and jealous.”

The family member described the late Ronke as a loving woman who cared for her family and died because she refused to leave her family.

He said, “Ronke was a loving person. The only thing that mattered to her was her family and her children. Even when things were bad, she would call her sister to borrow money to pay rent or pay the children’s school fees.”

Meanwhile, our correspondent gathered that the family were already making plans to bury the 36-year-old, as the police await the result of the autopsy.

The police spokesperson, SP Dolapo Badmos, said investigations were ongoing.
Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by Kaynee: 4:53pm On May 11, 2016
More stories are coming out now. Its glaring that this man killed his wife. Being caught with a child out of wedlock and your wife not over reacting you started getting insecure that she is also cheating in retaliation. Hmmnn. Now I ask if your wife had killed you when she realized you cheated on her, would your family and the public spare her life NO..... The more reason your life should not be spared. Just look at all the incoherent lies you've been spewing......

Imagine going through your wife's contact and calling up people just to embarrass them. Insecurity at its peak!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by kvngbree01(f): 5:41pm On May 11, 2016
Isnt the autopsy result out yet? so we can get to d root of all this.
Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by back2sender: 5:50pm On May 11, 2016
adadadon:
Nigerians should learn to hear all available sides to a story... Before passing ill-timed judgements.
Noticed they have already found the man guilty without hearing his own side of what happened. The police should investigate all areas including phone calls conversation between the man and his wife and the wife and her lover
Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by winj: 6:02pm On May 11, 2016
only a mumu Nigerian will call a witness that does not exist
Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by misscall247: 6:04pm On May 11, 2016
mpowa:

Nothing justice divorce, if you're going make divorce an option then I advice you don't get married at all, that's why it's the best for couples to know understand each other before marriage. if love is blind, marriage go open your eyes oh!

thy will always b mistek a times........so is beta 2die than divorce?

1 Like

Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by murmee: 6:08pm On May 11, 2016
maureen546:
The story is somehow to me,he said that he told his son to lock the door inside then how come nanny came no body to open while his children is around,secondly they call him nd he order them to break the door then they call him that police is around the house why his he scared of them,hmmmm na wa ooooh
Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by murmee: 6:36pm On May 11, 2016
maureen546:
The story is somehow to me,he said that he told his son to lock the door inside then how come nanny came no body to open while his children is around,secondly they call him nd he order them to break the door then they call him that police is around the house why his he scared of them,hmmmm na wa ooooh
A responsible husband would have rushed home to see if his wife and children are okay after giving the orders to break the door of his apartment.

If he was innocent, the haste to get home should even double to see that his family is okay when he was told that police is around, because it might have been an armed robbery attack or a fire outbreak on his home that brought the police.

But because he knew he left a dead woman before going out, there was no desire to go home and face the consequence of his actions.

1 Like

Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by Nobody: 6:48pm On May 11, 2016
balash:
Why u run
you no be Nigerian? No run o, wait there sad
Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by Coolgent(m): 6:53pm On May 11, 2016
Autopsy can reveal so many secrets i.e what time she died, what can be the cause of her died etc.
external & internal autopsy should be conducted on her.
R.I.P
Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by devonpaul(m): 7:59pm On May 11, 2016
This Man should get a good lawyer.. His case doesn't seem a hard one.. It's just an accident occurrence to me.. But women are so promiscous tho.. She said her vagina is paining her because of d bruising of d labia cervicles.. Chaiiiiiiii cry cry cry
This is tewwwwwww mussssssh eh woman. This kindda words turns any man to a monster o.. Nobody shud blame this man pls, argument, misunderstanding and shouting happen between husband and wife, and in this process, devill can happen, Satan can come in-between but forget, no man can hear those kindda words he said d wife mentioned and not go pisma disma.. Izz tewww mosssh.. I think he was just too afraid, he shud have called d police himself after d incident, running away for long makes him seem guilty and Luke he has sumfin to hide.. May God help marriages.. Igbeyawo GBA gudu gudu meje ati yaya mefa but Womenn tho sad lipsrsealed
Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by devonpaul(m): 8:25pm On May 11, 2016
freshvine:
The dead wife invited the devil into the marriage by cheating and now her family is destroyed.

She's dead, husband likely to be in jail and little children emotionally shattered.

If you find a new lover, for all things good please divorce and follow your lover. Do not cheat on a good man who is faithful to you cos his actions if he catches you in the action is always unpredictable.

The dead wife is the devil herself, the man she cheated with the demon personified and her husband a victim of circumstance.
May God bless you.. Thoughtful comment. People shud know that for every actions, both positive and negative, there would always be an outcome. This shud serve as warning to every man bruising anoda man's wife labia coitus and women opening yansh for dia labia coitus to be bruised. Devil is watching u in 3D and he's waiting to take his chances
Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by ndindiatu: 5:05am On May 12, 2016
So painful. If his kids were there they should ask the kids too. So many loop holes in his story. Some of Us have caught our husbands ramming our house help still we put on happy faces. The man should rot in kirikiri for life grin
Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by justmenoni: 2:22pm On May 12, 2016
Maybe he didn't kill her but why run away when he was informed about the police presence?? What if the police were invited because of the kids? What if there was a serious robbery going on in his house?,
Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by andyanders: 9:05pm On May 12, 2016
cynhamscakes:
His narrative is shaky. Too many loopholes and he has given himself away already by repeating what he heard and the fact that he slapped her, not to talk of absconding.
He probably strangled her out of anger. He didn't really plan to kill her. Too bad.

If only he walked away at least for sometime to clear his head.... Too bad

Cakes cakes cakes for Abuja residents. Check my page for pics and contact info.
You nailed it here.Too many loopholes that has given him away. By saying he overheard her speaking with the so called man and you just slapped her and walked away. He contradicted himself by saying that he was told that there was police in his house and he ran away.

He said, he is a Lagos boy and can stay for years and nobody can see him. That is nonsense when you have murdered sleep. Nowhere mehn.

That statement is enough to nail the idiot.
Re: Lekan Shonde: I Didnt Kill Ronke, My Wife, God Is My Witness by tayoccu(m): 10:12am On May 18, 2016
A preliminary autopsy report on late Ronke Shonde has said the victim was not killed by the marks of violence on her. PUNCH Metro learnt that the result, which was still sketchy, showed that the cause of the death might be more complex than earlier thought. Our correspondent had reported how Lekan, 51, allegedly beat his wife, Ronke, to death at their home in the Egbeda-Idimu area of the state last Thursday. Lekan, a dock worker in the Apapa area, who spoke with our correspondent while in hiding, had denied complicity in the death, saying he only slapped her that night. He instead accused Ronke of sleeping with one Kayode, the general manager of a publishing company where she worked as the human resources manager. After three days in hiding, the suspect gave himself up to the poilce. A source on Tuesday said the report was still being compiled, adding that only a phase had been completed. He said, “As of now, the report showed that the marks of violence on the victim have nothing to do with her death. Other areas are still being explored. The actual thing that killed her has not been stated.” The Police Public Relations Officer, SP Dolapo Badmos, said the police had yet to get the report. She said, “I just spoke with the people in charge now and they said the result is not complete yet. I will advise we exercise patience and caution. The police are also monitoring the case and we intend to get the report soon. This will be disclosed to the public.” Meanwhile, the management of Learn Africa, the publishing firm where Ronke and Kayode worked, said on Tuesday that the duo left the firm in March. A statement from the company on Tuesday, said both Ronke and Kayode left the employ of the organisation on the 8th and 10th of March 2016, respectively. The statement read in part, “Late Mrs. Ronke Shonde and Mr. Kayode Oluokun were former employees of Learn Africa Plc. However, as of the time of Mrs. Shonde’s death, they had ceased to be workers of Learn Africa Plc since the 8th and 10th of March 2016, respectively. “During the period of their employment, the management is not in a position to confirm or deny the existence of a relationship between these former employees in any other capacity other than as colleagues.”

http://punchng.com/ronke-not-die-marks-violence-autopsy/

[url] www.nairaland.com/3111905/ronke-shonde-autopsy-report-she [/url]

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Suspected Robber Set Ablaze By Angry Mob In Akwa Ibom (Graphic Photos) / Man Arrested For Raping Stepmother Twice In Ekiti / When Generals Turn Bandits: Inside The Massive Corruption In Nigeria’s Security

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.