Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,257 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

Can Your Upbringing Really Affect Your Relationship With The Opposite Sex? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can Your Upbringing Really Affect Your Relationship With The Opposite Sex? (416 Views)

See How Your Upbringing Maybe Affecting Your Marriage / What Type Of Career Endears You The Most To The Opposite Sex? / What's The First Thing That Attracts You To The Opposite Sex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Your Upbringing Really Affect Your Relationship With The Opposite Sex? by Onogueks(m): 10:25am On May 11, 2016
I was brought up by very strict parents. So I never had the time to really interact with people especially members of the opposite sex. Even after being in the four walls of the university I still have a tough time interacting with the opposite sex. So i am asking, is there really any disadvantage attached to not interacting with members of the opposite sex?
Re: Can Your Upbringing Really Affect Your Relationship With The Opposite Sex? by Nobody: 10:31am On May 11, 2016
From what I know, no one really "owns" his own pyschological identity; it is as a result of enivornment and nuture,.,,.

In the same vein, no one is born with the art of making conversation, it is as a result of one's enivornment namely people, culture, books et al.

I also used to find it difficult to discourse with the opposite sex. Not because I was shy, nor because I was a nerd (though I am grin grin) but simply because I couldn't find any common ground....

And then of course, my friends stepped in and the rest was history.
Re: Can Your Upbringing Really Affect Your Relationship With The Opposite Sex? by firstking01(m): 10:38am On May 11, 2016
Yes, very well if not the bible wouldn't 've told us to train up our child in the way he should go so that when he's grown up he won't depart from it...eph 6 vs 1.
Re: Can Your Upbringing Really Affect Your Relationship With The Opposite Sex? by NiRfreak(m): 10:44am On May 11, 2016
Yea....you have the power to change it to some extent , if you really desire to improve. That means u must be inquisitive and open to new ideas and ways of doing things.......i am a living example

U cant quantify the satisfaction and opportunities in being able to express yourself and interact well in a social setting....either with opposite sex or same sex.....You are familiar with the inability....its crippling and depressing.
Re: Can Your Upbringing Really Affect Your Relationship With The Opposite Sex? by Tabelachizza(f): 10:53am On May 11, 2016
**Y€S it can**
Myself as an example.

Went to a boarding school of same Sex {girls}•• ever since I left secondary school,i always find it hard to mingle with the opposite sex..

Back in the varsity days,never had a opposite sex Friend cos of my upbringing and the mindset I had about calabar peeps»»»

Still finding it difficult though but begining to have a slight mental shift about my perspection of the opposite sex..

So to say,Upbringing can really affect one's relationship with the opposite sex.
Re: Can Your Upbringing Really Affect Your Relationship With The Opposite Sex? by PureWays(m): 11:04am On May 11, 2016
I was raised on the streets. Lived with Grandma throughout my teenage days.

I used to be the shy type but the environment I grew up in did alot to me.

Anyways, it's all cool now.

Though environment and nurture have a lot to do with one's psychological identity or personality but nature of an individual says a whole lot in a man.
Some men have experienced hell and yet they didn't bend to pressure, instead they grew in it to curb/control the situation without having to follow other's footsteps.

(1) (Reply)

Questions From The Recently Concluded Interviews... / I Am +1 Today! Wish Me Well / Man Arraigned For Raping Three Daughters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.