Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,870 members, 7,813,964 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:54 PM

Who Would Have Ever Thought - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Would Have Ever Thought (773 Views)

Swiss Woman Married To A Nigerian Thought She Would Never Have Children (Photos) / Nigerians Who Ever Thought Of Running Away From Home As Kids Share Their Stories / My Wife Is Not What I Thought Before We Got Married: I Want To Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Would Have Ever Thought by Consiglier: 11:46am On May 11, 2016
Today is my daughter's first day at Creche, so I had to leave everything and take her there myself and stay back till thy ve closed.

As I sit here waiting, I couldn't help but reflect on how things can change. The bond between me and my daughter is so strong that I can wait to get home everyday to see her. When I am out of town, I do spend endless time on the phone with her just to hear her say Daddy, bye bye and other mumbo jumbo; she's a year 4 months.

Regrettably, I was not really prepared for her coming into the world when my wife announced she's pregnant. After months of quarrel, I just had to accept it like a man and do what I have to do.

Her incessant cry when she was born sometimes drives me crazy, but then, she's my daughter and I have accepted her into my life, thanks to my wife's stubbornness grin .

But now, she doesn't even call mummy but calls daddy like 1000 times a day grin . She clings to mummy when I am not home but once I am home, she tells mummy bye bye and clings to me grin ; how did I come to deserve this?

She's smart enough to understand when I need to do some work at home to just lay quietly on my laps as I punch away at the keyboard, but also will not budge if she wants me to take her out (voooooom). However, whenever she's alone in another room and quiet, then she dey scatter things grin , my entrance will be welcomed with the shout of Daddy! and a mischievous smile.

Her coming into my life has changed me that I can't be grateful enough to God and my wife. May God make me a more better father and husband everyday, Amen.

4 Likes

Re: Who Would Have Ever Thought by midehi2(f): 11:50am On May 11, 2016
Amen to that
Re: Who Would Have Ever Thought by Consiglier: 11:53am On May 11, 2016
midehi2:
Amen to that
Thanks Sis

1 Like

Re: Who Would Have Ever Thought by Consiglier: 7:33pm On May 11, 2016
Update

It seems the school is taking its toll on my little girl, she has been deep asleep in my arms for about an hour now and the whole house is quiet except for the sound from the TV.

Normally, the atmosphere will be pervaded with the sound of maama drop it, maama come here, maama leave it grin and her smile while whispering daddy.

Oh Lord, I miss the drama

1 Like

Re: Who Would Have Ever Thought by Dyt(f): 8:27pm On May 11, 2016
The sound of a happy father
May God keep her
smiley

2 Likes

Re: Who Would Have Ever Thought by Iffffffy(f): 8:39pm On May 11, 2016
So sweet. May God keep her for you.

1 Like

Re: Who Would Have Ever Thought by Consiglier: 5:13pm On May 13, 2016
Thanks all.

I really can't wait for saturday to come grin . My little girl will be home, her usual vibrant self and everything within her arms reach must feel her presence.

On the contrary, my wife has felt nothing but relief these few days and can't wait for monday to come. grin

Mummy, dairis Goduu ooooooo
Re: Who Would Have Ever Thought by mysticgal(f): 7:27pm On May 13, 2016
Awww, daddy you so sweetch kiss cheesy
Re: Who Would Have Ever Thought by Saraha1(f): 7:58pm On May 13, 2016
God bless you and make you a proud dad you wish ever or desire.

Am so sure that a day like these will come my way. All I need is a little more patient.
Re: Who Would Have Ever Thought by gidjah(m): 8:27pm On May 13, 2016
thats daughters relationship with their fathers, so so terrific and ....i remember asking my spouse to abort her first as i taught we werent ready!... she refused and the short of the long story is that she[the child] is still the only one we've got till date!, she is the chartel and bundle of joy to d home.never would have taught of something else without my AJOKE OLUWAFUNMILAYO,se clocked 6 two days ago{11th may}

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Woman Divorces Paralyzed Husband, Marries His Best Friend So They ...read FULL / Ridiculous Reasons Why Kids Cry / See What They Did To This Baby. Is It Good?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.