Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,564 members, 7,812,823 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:03 PM

Will Justice Onnoghen Get Justice From Justice Tanko Headed Supreme Court & NJC? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Justice Onnoghen Get Justice From Justice Tanko Headed Supreme Court & NJC? (16176 Views)

Abba Kyari Is Running From Justice - FBI Tells Judge / How Did Dennis Agharya And ARDI Get Justice Onnoghen's Asset Declaration Form? / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Justice Onnoghen Get Justice From Justice Tanko Headed Supreme Court & NJC? by odiks: 6:11am On Jan 26, 2019
Just contemplating... Will Justice Walter Onnoghen ever get JUSTICE from Justice Tanko Muhammed now headed Supreme Court considering the fact that....

1. He is the acting CJN and a potential CJN in the making.

2. He is the new chairman of the NJC by virtue of being the acting CJN in the interim, space created by the suspension of Onnoghen and formerly the Deputy Chairman of the Council who can act in the absence of the chairman.

3. He will also be the person that will constitute the panel that will hear justice Onnoghen's appeal for reinstatement and quashing of the CCT charges preferred against him if the matter finally gets to the Supreme Court.

For me this is a very tricky one for the new acting CJN justice Tanko Muhammed.

Re: Will Justice Onnoghen Get Justice From Justice Tanko Headed Supreme Court & NJC? by kahal29: 6:43am On Jan 26, 2019
If you ask me Na who I go ask?

3 Likes

Re: Will Justice Onnoghen Get Justice From Justice Tanko Headed Supreme Court & NJC? by Nobody: 6:45am On Jan 26, 2019
Onnoghen is the CJN.. are you paying attention to what the dolt as president announced without reference to the constitution?

Onnoghen is the CJN to Nigerians, the parallel govt starts with me.

92 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Will Justice Onnoghen Get Justice From Justice Tanko Headed Supreme Court & NJC? by eyeview: 6:46am On Jan 26, 2019
Justice Tanko is not recognised by the NJC as the CJN

63 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Will Justice Onnoghen Get Justice From Justice Tanko Headed Supreme Court & NJC? by helinues: 6:47am On Jan 26, 2019
At this time, the fear of FG is the beginning of wisdom to the judges.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Justice Onnoghen Get Justice From Justice Tanko Headed Supreme Court & NJC? by Mynd44: 6:49am On Jan 26, 2019
Will Onnoghen have gotten justice from Onnoghen?

If the case of Justice Onnoghen was taken to the Superman court or NJC, would Justice Onnoghen have ruled or voted against himself?

77 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Will Justice Onnoghen Get Justice From Justice Tanko Headed Supreme Court & NJC? by amaechi1: 6:57am On Jan 26, 2019
Esseite:
Onnoghen is the CJN.. are you paying attention to what the dolt as president announced without reference to the constitution?

Why the noise? My bro look at the substance. The suspended CJN brought it upon himself.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Will Justice Onnoghen Get Justice From Justice Tanko Headed Supreme Court & NJC? by amaechi1: 7:00am On Jan 26, 2019
Mynd44:

If the case of Justice Onnoghen was taken to the Superman court or NJC, would Jistice Onnoghen have ruled or voted against himself?

That is simple and intelligent question. I am sure those supporting the shameful act of the suspended CJN would not comment meaningful, rather they will heap insults.

55 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Will Justice Onnoghen Get Justice From Justice Tanko Headed Supreme Court & NJC? by hyfr(m): 7:00am On Jan 26, 2019
Ty$

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Will Justice Onnoghen Get Justice From Justice Tanko Headed Supreme Court & NJC? by Nobody: 7:01am On Jan 26, 2019
amaechi1:

Why the noise? My bro look at the substance. The suspended CJN brought it upon himself.

Was due process followed through according to the constitution?

The CCT is a High court, the Appeal court already rulled on the case.

You are not a better lawyer than the NJC, SAN, NBA combined.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Justice Onnoghen Get Justice From Justice Tanko Headed Supreme Court & NJC? by DMerciful(m): 7:02am On Jan 26, 2019
The CJN cannot be suspended. It is null and void

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Justice Onnoghen Get Justice From Justice Tanko Headed Supreme Court & NJC? by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:03am On Jan 26, 2019
DMerciful:
eyeview:
Justice Tanko is not recognised by the NJC as the CJN
Esseite:

Ipob yoots, wake up and smell the coffee grin grin grin

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Will Justice Onnoghen Get Justice From Justice Tanko Headed Supreme Court & NJC? by Parada: 7:03am On Jan 26, 2019
Lovely, APC policians have always abided with rulings of PDP nominated Chief Justice in the last 16 years PDP should also be ready to abide by the ruling of an APC nominated Chief Justice. Any PDP Igbo that wants to wail any opinion contrary to my disclosure should proceed to hell forthwith.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Justice Onnoghen Get Justice From Justice Tanko Headed Supreme Court & NJC? by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:04am On Jan 26, 2019
Corrinthians:
Fa fa fa, fowl!

You can't adjudicate over your own case and expect not to favour yourself.

From the endless reactions from PDP, every little doubt about the employer of Onnoghen I used to have completely evaporated! That man is a PDP hack through and through! angry

But I had said it even before the recent indictment.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Justice Onnoghen Get Justice From Justice Tanko Headed Supreme Court & NJC? by Corrinthians(m): 7:05am On Jan 26, 2019
Esseite:

Parallel online government right? Besides, whatever happened to your biafra or death mantra?

Funny souls.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Justice Onnoghen Get Justice From Justice Tanko Headed Supreme Court & NJC? by Nobody: 7:06am On Jan 26, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:

Ipob yoots, wake up and smell the coffee grin grin grin

This is not the illegal withdrawal of $1bn from treasury without recourse to the NA or the constitution.

This is now between Nigeria and Buhari.

Please do away with that ipob yoot thing, its nitwits that use that on defence.

9 Likes

Re: Will Justice Onnoghen Get Justice From Justice Tanko Headed Supreme Court & NJC? by hyfr(m): 7:09am On Jan 26, 2019
Mynd44:

If the case of Justice Onnoghen was taken to the Superman court or NJC, would Jistice Onnoghen have ruled or voted against himself?

I assume you know, there are protocols involved in issues like this brought up in the Law, your question is abruptly irrelevant for now why because, the law has set aside laid down rules for sacking or suspending the CJN, the rules has to be followed, before we start asking of the verdict to be passed. The FG acted in a haste in this case, this is more like the Ganduje case, he was left because according to the FG, cos he was under immunity, why wasn't there any immediate action taken by FG in his case? Much more other corruption cases we have. I believe there's a hidden motive behind this move and i believe as a sensible Nigerian you should know there's problem

6 Likes

Re: Will Justice Onnoghen Get Justice From Justice Tanko Headed Supreme Court & NJC? by seunmsg(m): 7:10am On Jan 26, 2019
Esseite:

Why do you people like deceiving yourself? If you are truly a supporter of the rule of law, the right advice to give Onnoghen at this point is for him to appeal the ruling of the CCT. Abusing the president will not change anything.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Justice Onnoghen Get Justice From Justice Tanko Headed Supreme Court & NJC? by Parada: 7:11am On Jan 26, 2019
Foolish you mean to write not funny.
Corrinthians:
Parallel online government right? Besides, whatever happened to your biafra or death mantra?

Funny souls.

Esseite post=75120461:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will Justice Onnoghen Get Justice From Justice Tanko Headed Supreme Court & NJC? by Nobody: 7:11am On Jan 26, 2019
seunmsg:

Why do you people like deceiving yourself? If you are truly a supporter of the rule of law, the right advice to give Onnoghen at this point is for him to appeal the ruling of the CCT. Abusing the president will not change anything.

Did the Appeal court not put a stay on the CCT judgement? Did Buhari obey that? Is it not a higher court than the CCT?

The CJN is Onnoghen, untill a higher court says otherwise.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Justice Onnoghen Get Justice From Justice Tanko Headed Supreme Court & NJC? by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:11am On Jan 26, 2019
[s]
Esseite:

This is not the illegal withdrawal of $1bn from treasury without recourse to the NA or the constitution.

This is now between Nigeria and Buhari.

Please do away with that ipob yoot thing, its nitwits that use that on defence.

[/s]

You will be alright Las las grin

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Justice Onnoghen Get Justice From Justice Tanko Headed Supreme Court & NJC? by seanfer(m): 7:12am On Jan 26, 2019
The question I asked 2 days ago was that should this CJN case get to the Supreme Court, Who’s going to chose the justices that will hear the Case? Can you be a judge in your case?

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Will Justice Onnoghen Get Justice From Justice Tanko Headed Supreme Court & NJC? by Nobody: 7:13am On Jan 26, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:
[s][/s]

You will be alright Las las grin

No more defense, you can lend more pictures from mannabbq.. that is his career.
Re: Will Justice Onnoghen Get Justice From Justice Tanko Headed Supreme Court & NJC? by jchioma: 7:13am On Jan 26, 2019
Mynd44:

If the case of Justice Onnoghen was taken to the Superman court or NJC, would Justice Onnoghen have ruled or voted against himself?

The tyrant now had to suspend the constitution he swore to uphold in order to remove him?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will Justice Onnoghen Get Justice From Justice Tanko Headed Supreme Court & NJC? by SalamRushdie: 7:14am On Jan 26, 2019
Stop this nonsense Tanko is on no way CJN as Buharis action is completely ultra vires and as such Tanko in only CJN in Buharis imaginations and Onnogehn remain CJN in the reality of the constitution which is the ONLY reality the Nigerian state knows .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Justice Onnoghen Get Justice From Justice Tanko Headed Supreme Court & NJC? by seunmsg(m): 7:15am On Jan 26, 2019
Esseite:

Did the Appeal court not put a stay on the CCT judgement? Did Buhari obey that? Is it not a higher court than the CCT?

It is not the business of Buhari to stop CCT from carrying out its constitutional duties. If Onnoghen or anybody feels that the CCT acted illegally by giving an order despite the order of a superior court stopping it from sitting, the right thing to do is to appeal the illegal order of the CCT.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Justice Onnoghen Get Justice From Justice Tanko Headed Supreme Court & NJC? by jchioma: 7:17am On Jan 26, 2019
Mynd44:

The tyrant now had to suspend the constitution he swore to uphold in order to remove him abi?

DMerciful:
Re: Will Justice Onnoghen Get Justice From Justice Tanko Headed Supreme Court & NJC? by Nobody: 7:19am On Jan 26, 2019
seunmsg:

It is not the business of Buhari to stop CCT from carrying out its constitutional duties. If Onnoghen or anybody feels that the CCT acted illegally by giving an order despite the order of a superior court stopping it from sitting, the right thing to do is to appeal the illegal order of the CCT.

The order/judgement of a higher court supercedes that of a lower court.

You, myself and the president knows that, he is aware. Since he has decided to do away with the constitution, its free for all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will Justice Onnoghen Get Justice From Justice Tanko Headed Supreme Court & NJC? by seunmsg(m): 7:19am On Jan 26, 2019
seanfer:
The question I asked 2 days ago was that should this CJN case get to the Supreme Court, Who’s going to chose the justices that will hear the Case? Can you be a judge in your case?

Onnoghen had the golden opportunity of recusing himself from presiding over the Supreme Court and NJC affairs immediately his trial started. Sadly, he refused to do the honorable thing. He wanted to be a judge in his own case. When it was obvious NJC was going to suspend him, he suspended the meeting of the council indefinitely. The CCT and Buhari saved the judiciary from a complete mess by suspending Onnoghen yesterday.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Justice Onnoghen Get Justice From Justice Tanko Headed Supreme Court & NJC? by livelymatilda22: 7:21am On Jan 26, 2019
Pachukwudi44 and SalamRushdie, have you old men wailed today? If not,this is an opportunity for you to drop your #10 per post lies..

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Members Defect To SDP In Kwara / FG Condemns Israel's Attacks On Journalists In Gaza / Naira Redesign: Emefiele Deceived Buhari - Oshiomhole (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.