Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,955 members, 7,814,238 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

BREAKING | It’s Official: ‘yes, My Country Is Corrupt’, Buhari Tells Sky News - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING | It’s Official: ‘yes, My Country Is Corrupt’, Buhari Tells Sky News (3246 Views)

Aisha Yesufu Lists Why Buhari Is Corrupt / Breaking It Down For Those Who Do Not Realize Why It Is Wrong To Arrest Judges I / BREAKING | It's Official: 'yes, My Country Is Corrupt', Buhari Tells Sky News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING | It’s Official: ‘yes, My Country Is Corrupt’, Buhari Tells Sky News by Emmysteve(m): 2:02pm On May 11, 2016
Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari has admitted to Sky News that his country Nigeria is corrupt, after David Cameron was caught on camera making the same point, Sky News has reported. Asked by Diplomatic Editor Dominic Waghorn whether his country was corrupt, he answered: “Yes.” Speaking in London, Muhammadu Buhari said he would not be expecting the Prime Minister to say sorry: “I am not going to demand any apology from anybody.” To cheers from Nigerian delegates in the audience, he added: “What would I do with an apology?” His comments came ahead of him hosting an anti-corruption summit in London on Thursday. Mr Buhari will also be attending, alongside Afghan President Ashraf Ghani. With the Archbishop of Canterbury alongside him, the PM told the Queen: “We have got the Nigerians – actually we have got some leaders of some fantastically corrupt countries coming to Britain.” He continued: “Nigeria and Afghanistan – possibly two of the most corrupt countries in the world.”
www.signalng.com/yes-country-corrupt-buhari-tells-sky-news/
Re: BREAKING | It’s Official: ‘yes, My Country Is Corrupt’, Buhari Tells Sky News by Disneylady(f): 2:04pm On May 11, 2016
Ok
Re: BREAKING | It’s Official: ‘yes, My Country Is Corrupt’, Buhari Tells Sky News by TippyTop(m): 2:08pm On May 11, 2016

1 Like

Re: BREAKING | It’s Official: ‘yes, My Country Is Corrupt’, Buhari Tells Sky News by TippyTop(m): 2:09pm On May 11, 2016
APC did well by shielding Buhari from the mic before the election.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING | It’s Official: ‘yes, My Country Is Corrupt’, Buhari Tells Sky News by Luckylife(m): 2:10pm On May 11, 2016
Really! Is he not aware that his spokesman have issued a statement condemning what Cameron said? This shows that no synergy in this government.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING | It’s Official: ‘yes, My Country Is Corrupt’, Buhari Tells Sky News by saintopus2: 2:12pm On May 11, 2016
You dont attract foreign investors to your country with such statement.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING | It’s Official: ‘yes, My Country Is Corrupt’, Buhari Tells Sky News by initiate: 2:14pm On May 11, 2016
all the insult from Cameron and western press is deserved since we have chosen to indulge saraki in his shameless act of impunity
does it not sound fantastic to you that the number 3 man in the country is being celebrated as a corrupt politician who is untouchable

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING | It’s Official: ‘yes, My Country Is Corrupt’, Buhari Tells Sky News by willyede(m): 2:14pm On May 11, 2016
OH..What a president we have and am very sure they are no corrupt folks in the UK...God please help Nigeria in this trying times when we need investors to come into the country

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING | It’s Official: ‘yes, My Country Is Corrupt’, Buhari Tells Sky News by Fmartin(m): 2:18pm On May 11, 2016
saintopus2:
You dont attract foreign investors to your country with such statement.
are foreign investors from another planet

If nt, even a day old child on this planet earth knows that Nigeria is 'fantastically corrupt'.
Re: BREAKING | It’s Official: ‘yes, My Country Is Corrupt’, Buhari Tells Sky News by Nobody: 2:21pm On May 11, 2016
Imagine a president.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING | It’s Official: ‘yes, My Country Is Corrupt’, Buhari Tells Sky News by Lordave: 2:21pm On May 11, 2016
PMD is officially the dullest president ever!

But that's not my problem, my problem is that Dullard Cowboys aka Zombies will come here to worship him.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING | It’s Official: ‘yes, My Country Is Corrupt’, Buhari Tells Sky News by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 11, 2016
let's end this issue once and for all.. if you believe Cameron that Nigeria is corrupt, click like...if No,share...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING | It’s Official: ‘yes, My Country Is Corrupt’, Buhari Tells Sky News by willyede(m): 2:28pm On May 11, 2016
How can you issue a statement claiming you were embarrassed by Cameron's comment, only to agree with him less than 24 hours later?

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING | It’s Official: ‘yes, My Country Is Corrupt’, Buhari Tells Sky News by diegwu01: 2:40pm On May 11, 2016
willyede:
How can you issue a statement claiming you were embarrassed by Cameron's comment, only to agree with him less than 24 hours later?
read both statements again Mr. intelligent man

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING | It’s Official: ‘yes, My Country Is Corrupt’, Buhari Tells Sky News by GloriaNinja(f): 2:46pm On May 11, 2016
Maybe that's the only phrase he crammed in his head, if he speaks further he will grammatically embarrass himself. nonsense.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING | It’s Official: ‘yes, My Country Is Corrupt’, Buhari Tells Sky News by MrAdetunjiBayo: 2:50pm On May 11, 2016
Allah seriki! We yoruba muslims agree with Baba Buhari that nigerians are corrupt, especially the ipods. We muslims are honest. Abacha was not corrupt, our lovely fulanis can never be corrupt that is why Buhari is Godsent. Buhari is greater Awolowo. Baba ride on! Anything for the caliphate.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING | It’s Official: ‘yes, My Country Is Corrupt’, Buhari Tells Sky News by bastardfrank: 3:09pm On May 11, 2016
[s]
MrAdetunjiBayo:
Allah seriki! We yoruba muslims agree with Baba Buhari that nigerians are corrupt, especially the ipods. We muslims are honest. Abacha was not corrupt, our lovely fulanis can never be corrupt that is why is Godsent. Buhari is greater Awolowo. Baba ride on! Anything for the caliphate.
[/s]

Ibo man from Abia, continue to disgrace your tribe everywhere. Coward

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING | It’s Official: ‘yes, My Country Is Corrupt’, Buhari Tells Sky News by olafum1(m): 3:17pm On May 11, 2016
Is he not supposed to say WAS?
Re: BREAKING | It’s Official: ‘yes, My Country Is Corrupt’, Buhari Tells Sky News by finaly01: 3:20pm On May 11, 2016
Nigerians and short memories sha; Why are we trying to crucify David Cameron when many occasions on international media PMB said that Nigerians are corrupt and criminals. or have we forgotten the twitter trend " I'M A NIGERIAN NOT A CRIMINAL " ? If baba him self can berate and insult his own country on international media, what do u expect outsiders to do?

When a father calls his daughter wayward publicly, he shouldn't complain if no one comes to marry Her.

6 Likes

Re: BREAKING | It’s Official: ‘yes, My Country Is Corrupt’, Buhari Tells Sky News by Nelkoko: 3:29pm On May 11, 2016
Gbam

Re: BREAKING | It’s Official: ‘yes, My Country Is Corrupt’, Buhari Tells Sky News by RareDiamonds: 3:30pm On May 11, 2016
Buhari is a clueless m0ron who needs to be guided by sane minds as his actions and comments are affecting the Nigerian economy negatively. FOR THE RECORDS, ALL NIGERIANS ARE NOT CORRUPT, WE HAVE HONEST, HARDWORKING AND GOD FEARING NIGERIANS WHO WILL MAKE ANY GOOD ORGANIZATION OR COUNTRY PROUD.

PLEASE DISREGARD THE ID1OTIC, TYRANNIC, HOLLOW, SHAMELESS, UNPOLISHED, SEMI ILLITRATE, CORRUPT AND ETHNIC BIGOT MAN WE HAVE AS PRESIDENT.

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING | It’s Official: ‘yes, My Country Is Corrupt’, Buhari Tells Sky News by DarkNet: 3:31pm On May 11, 2016
The de-marketing continues.

We all know that USA is one of the most corrupt countries in the world but no US Official can ever come out to say it.

Corruption is not just when you steal money, when you go to war or cause conflicts over the resources of other countries, it is corruption as well.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING | It’s Official: ‘yes, My Country Is Corrupt’, Buhari Tells Sky News by saintopus2: 3:42pm On May 11, 2016
There are lots of countries in the world with "fantastically corrupt"tendencies but remain mute. The offshore tax haven revealed in the Panama Papers is a good indicator of how corrupt countries in the world are. This is not to vindicate the level of corruption in the country.
Fmartin:
are foreign investors from another planet

If nt, even a day old child on this planet earth knows that Nigeria is 'fantastically corrupt'.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING | It’s Official: ‘yes, My Country Is Corrupt’, Buhari Tells Sky News by OBAFEMIawolowo: 4:16pm On May 11, 2016
Someone should hold this man
Re: BREAKING | It’s Official: ‘yes, My Country Is Corrupt’, Buhari Tells Sky News by doublewisdom: 4:34pm On May 11, 2016
Buhari is really a presidiot.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING | It’s Official: ‘yes, My Country Is Corrupt’, Buhari Tells Sky News by oduastates: 4:37pm On May 11, 2016
The corruption in Nigeria has gone beyond what can be taken care of by the court.This is because the courts are dysfunctional and corrupt. The lawyers are corrupt, archaic and dysfunctional.
The centres of power are occupied by Criminals, thugs,psychopath and people with pre-historic mentality
The only thing I know of that can put an end to this problem.

Special court employing retired judges from other countries.( If you cannot find incorruptible ones in Nigera
Death sentences for corruption
Internment camps for thugs
Mass sackings in the civil service.( Georgian example)
Prohibition of what exist as unions in Nigeria ( they all act like cults).
Removal of all Nigerians from process which involves the handling of cash.
Creation of a preferred seller list of companies who can sell goods and services to the government.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING | It’s Official: ‘yes, My Country Is Corrupt’, Buhari Tells Sky News by chacoonder(m): 4:41pm On May 11, 2016
Ofcourse, He was right... Or Is Nigeria not a corrupt nation
Re: BREAKING | It’s Official: ‘yes, My Country Is Corrupt’, Buhari Tells Sky News by free13: 4:44pm On May 11, 2016
#dul.lardinho. grin

1 Like

Re: BREAKING | It’s Official: ‘yes, My Country Is Corrupt’, Buhari Tells Sky News by karleone(m): 5:00pm On May 11, 2016
tollyB:
let's end this issue once and for all..
if you believe Cameron that Nigeria is corrupt, click like...if No,share...

Shey you're looking for likes and share.. Funny enough you didn't get any. Don't worry, I'll give you both.
Re: BREAKING | It’s Official: ‘yes, My Country Is Corrupt’, Buhari Tells Sky News by slimfit1(m): 5:14pm On May 11, 2016
Whatever men
Re: BREAKING | It’s Official: ‘yes, My Country Is Corrupt’, Buhari Tells Sky News by Nobody: 5:32pm On May 11, 2016
Of course Nigeria is corrupt.

Is this a hidden thing. Take a camera and go into the streets.

Police, fuel attendants, ministry workers, students, lecturers, market women and traders, conductors, doctors, nurses etc. etc.

We know this. But knowing is not enough. Striving to ensure consequences without bias or without exceptions, and ensuring strong institutions that will be corruption "proof" and self regulate will be the only solutions.
Re: BREAKING | It’s Official: ‘yes, My Country Is Corrupt’, Buhari Tells Sky News by Segadem(m): 6:02pm On May 11, 2016
grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is This Nigeria's Problem? Prof. Kperogi Shares Rare Photo Of Buhari In Germany / Legislator Assures Of Speedy Passage Of 2019 Budget / ALGON President Remains In Office.- NEC Members.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.