Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,621 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Adegboruwa Has No Fraud Case - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adegboruwa Has No Fraud Case (1046 Views)

Judge Withdraws From Fani-kayode’s N4.9bn Fraud Case / "Buhari Is Seriously Sick, Cabals Have Hijacked His Government" – Olu Adegboruwa / FG Moves To Reopen Peter Odili’s N100bn Fraud Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adegboruwa Has No Fraud Case by olusheye2(m): 2:46pm On May 11, 2016
ADEGBORUWA HAS NO FRAUD CASE

In or around May 2013, our law firm was approached by one Mrs. Sylvia Udeagbala, to represent her husband in a criminal case. In our first appearance in court, it transpired that the complainant in the case, Chief Leonard Okafor and the Defendant, Mr. Jonathan Udeagbala, were from the same town. It was thus decided to settle the case amicably out of court, and the court and the prosecutor were so informed.

THE TRUE FACTS

Mr. Jonathan Udeagbala owns a 5 bedroom duplex in Nicon Town Estate in the Lekki area of Lagos. He had a business agreement with Chief Leonard Okafor, for telecommunications. The business didn’t go as planned, so Chief Okafor demanded a refund of his investments, which caused Mr. Udeagbala to issue several cheques, which were alleged to have bounced, hence a criminal charge was filed against him in court, in Charge No. LCD/129/2012.

Upon the intervention of our law firm, several peace meetings were held with the complainant in the case, Chief Okafor, and it was agreed that Mr. Udeagbala’s house in Nicon Town should be sold or leased to offset the money outstanding in favour of Chief Okafor. Mrs. Udeagbala then secured a tenant, Shelf Drilling Co Ltd, for a five year long lease of about Eleven Million Naira per annum. This was disclosed to Chief Okafor and it was agreed by the parties that the proceed of the lease be used to offset part of the money being claimed by Chief Okafor, as follows:
1. Chief Okafor – N35million
2. Mr. Udeagbala – N12million
3. Renovation of the house by the contractor chosen by the tenant – N8million
4. Fee paid to the agent – N2.5million
5. Legal fee paid to our office – N2.5million

The above sums were by agreement of all the parties duly disbursed, with documentary evidence of collection. When EFCC got to know that the said property had been let out to Shelf Drilling for five years at the rate of N10million per annum, they told Shelf Drilling that the earlier money paid had been forfeited. EFCC then asked Shelf Drilling to pay N12million per annum. A sum of N24million has so far been collected by EFCC. In fact, we are informed that as at yesterday, 10th May, 2016, EFCC served the tenant another invoice for rent for 2016.

Part of the terms of settlement was that Chief Okafor will withdraw his petition and criminal complaint to the EFCC which he did through a letter of withdrawal written by his lawyers Atuegwu Egwuatu & Associates dated 19th August, 2013, and which was received by the EFCC on 17th September, 2013.

Consequent upon the withdrawal, the criminal charge was dismissed by the High Court on 17th December, 2015, in a well considered ruling delivered by Hon. Justice D.O. Oluwayemi and the EFCC is aware of this.

At all material times, our law firm was not aware of any interim order of attachment obtained by the EFCC on the property. With the ruling of Hon. Justice D.O. Oluwayemi which has dismissed the main criminal charge, there can be no subsisting order of attachment as something cannot be placed on nothing and be expected to stand.

HIS PERSECUTION

The above transaction took place ever before the Gen. Buhari administration. Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa Esq., has been receiving unofficial complaints from the EFCC, about his opposition to the Buhari administration and has ever been threatened with the above dead case. But the threats became more rampant upon his brief in the case of Chief Government Ekpemupolo (Tompolo) and especially Mr. Azibaola Robert, cousin of former President Goodluck Jonathan. On May 4, 2016, our firm appeared in Tompolo’s case at the Federal High Court, Lagos and May 4, 2016, our firm filed a suit in court, for the release of Jonathan’s cousin. On May 5, 2016, EFCC filed a case against Mr. Adegboruwa. So, there is no fraud case against Mr. Adegboruwa. He is being persecuted for speaking against the Buhari regime. There is no way a criminal case can be maintained against Mr. Adegboruwa as the criminal case upon which the case is based has been dismissed. Mr. Adegboruwa did not collect money for any property but acted as a mediator for settlement and he acted upon the lawful instructions of his client.

SIGNED
ADEGBORUWA & COMPANY
‘KOGUN CHAMBERS, JESUS ARENA,
ITEDO ROAD, OFF ADMIRALTY WAY,
LEKKI PENINSULA SCHMEME 1,
LEKKI, LAGOS, NIGERIA.
08100000758, 08100000759

cc: lalasticlala
Re: Adegboruwa Has No Fraud Case by TippyTop(m): 2:50pm On May 11, 2016
There's no case against him, its obvious what it it.
Just a ploy to silence him.
Re: Adegboruwa Has No Fraud Case by moyinoluwabun(m): 3:49pm On May 11, 2016
Where in govt of militocracy.
Re: Adegboruwa Has No Fraud Case by duality(m): 4:05pm On May 11, 2016
I knew it jare... Only those who feels anyone who questions anything buhari should be arrested.. Went around celebrating the story.

Soon Efcc will come against pat utomi. And those who were opening threads that he should be given Deltans state governorship ticket and celebrating his APC entrance will come back to call him corrupt.

By all means buhari should fight corruption. But it's evil to silence opposing voices in a democracy.
Re: Adegboruwa Has No Fraud Case by chosen6(f): 4:07pm On May 11, 2016
Buhari is a perpetual failure
Re: Adegboruwa Has No Fraud Case by TheFreeOne: 4:10pm On May 11, 2016
We are in a police state thanks to Bubu's supposedly anticorruption fight.

All well-meaning Nigerians should speak out against DICTATORSHIP.
Re: Adegboruwa Has No Fraud Case by gare(f): 4:30pm On May 11, 2016
olusheye2:
ADEGBORUWA HAS NO FRAUD CASE

In or around May 2013, our law firm was approached by one Mrs. Sylvia Udeagbala, to represent her husband in a criminal case. In our first appearance in court, it transpired that the complainant in the case, Chief Leonard Okafor and the Defendant, Mr. Jonathan Udeagbala, were from the same town. It was thus decided to settle the case amicably out of court, and the court and the prosecutor were so informed.

THE TRUE FACTS

Mr. Jonathan Udeagbala owns a 5 bedroom duplex in Nicon Town Estate in the Lekki area of Lagos. He had a business agreement with Chief Leonard Okafor, for telecommunications. The business didn’t go as planned, so Chief Okafor demanded a refund of his investments, which caused Mr. Udeagbala to issue several cheques, which were alleged to have bounced, hence a criminal charge was filed against him in court, in Charge No. LCD/129/2012.

Upon the intervention of our law firm, several peace meetings were held with the complainant in the case, Chief Okafor, and it was agreed that Mr. Udeagbala’s house in Nicon Town should be sold or leased to offset the money outstanding in favour of Chief Okafor. Mrs. Udeagbala then secured a tenant, Shelf Drilling Co Ltd, for a five year long lease of about Eleven Million Naira per annum. This was disclosed to Chief Okafor and it was agreed by the parties that the proceed of the lease be used to offset part of the money being claimed by Chief Okafor, as follows:
1. Chief Okafor – N35million
2. Mr. Udeagbala – N12million
3. Renovation of the house by the contractor chosen by the tenant – N8million
4. Fee paid to the agent – N2.5million
5. Legal fee paid to our office – N2.5million

The above sums were by agreement of all the parties duly disbursed, with documentary evidence of collection. When EFCC got to know that the said property had been let out to Shelf Drilling for five years at the rate of N10million per annum, they told Shelf Drilling that the earlier money paid had been forfeited. EFCC then asked Shelf Drilling to pay N12million per annum. A sum of N24million has so far been collected by EFCC. In fact, we are informed that as at yesterday, 10th May, 2016, EFCC served the tenant another invoice for rent for 2016.

Part of the terms of settlement was that Chief Okafor will withdraw his petition and criminal complaint to the EFCC which he did through a letter of withdrawal written by his lawyers Atuegwu Egwuatu & Associates dated 19th August, 2013, and which was received by the EFCC on 17th September, 2013.

Consequent upon the withdrawal, the criminal charge was dismissed by the High Court on 17th December, 2015, in a well considered ruling delivered by Hon. Justice D.O. Oluwayemi and the EFCC is aware of this.

At all material times, our law firm was not aware of any interim order of attachment obtained by the EFCC on the property. With the ruling of Hon. Justice D.O. Oluwayemi which has dismissed the main criminal charge, there can be no subsisting order of attachment as something cannot be placed on nothing and be expected to stand.

HIS PERSECUTION

The above transaction took place ever before the Gen. Buhari administration. Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa Esq., has been receiving unofficial complaints from the EFCC, about his opposition to the Buhari administration and has ever been threatened with the above dead case. But the threats became more rampant upon his brief in the case of Chief Government Ekpemupolo (Tompolo) and especially Mr. Azibaola Robert, cousin of former President Goodluck Jonathan. On May 4, 2016, our firm appeared in Tompolo’s case at the Federal High Court, Lagos and May 4, 2016, our firm filed a suit in court, for the release of Jonathan’s cousin. On May 5, 2016, EFCC filed a case against Mr. Adegboruwa. So, there is no fraud case against Mr. Adegboruwa. He is being persecuted for speaking against the Buhari regime. There is no way a criminal case can be maintained against Mr. Adegboruwa as the criminal case upon which the case is based has been dismissed. Mr. Adegboruwa did not collect money for any property but acted as a mediator for settlement and he acted upon the lawful instructions of his client.

SIGNED
ADEGBORUWA & COMPANY
‘KOGUN CHAMBERS, JESUS ARENA,
ITEDO ROAD, OFF ADMIRALTY WAY,
LEKKI PENINSULA SCHMEME 1,
LEKKI, LAGOS, NIGERIA.
08100000758, 08100000759

cc: lalasticlala

MOD please Front page, no be to show us boobs and back side, people need to know the truth
Re: Adegboruwa Has No Fraud Case by sunnyb0b0(m): 4:38pm On May 11, 2016
Our country is gradually turning to North Korea.
Re: Adegboruwa Has No Fraud Case by ithope2: 4:56pm On May 11, 2016
@AnalysisGuru good evening, I'm the one that dm you with my alternate.
I was touched by your data analysis story.
I have great knowledge on excel, power bi and sql. I'm currently working on python and taking Google analytics course on coursera. I've gone for two job interviews but seems all they want is people with years of experience. Please how did you go about getting job as a newbie?
Re: Adegboruwa Has No Fraud Case by luvinhubby(m): 5:13pm On May 11, 2016
Buhari is a curse on Nigeria.
Re: Adegboruwa Has No Fraud Case by chosen6(f): 5:29pm On May 11, 2016
luvinhubby:
Buhari is a curse on Nigeria.
..You mean that the Zoo like contraption called niGERia is cursed?
Re: Adegboruwa Has No Fraud Case by Horus(m): 6:44pm On May 12, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouB9YGnBE7I

[size=15pt]Obtaining Under False Pretence: EFCC Docks Ebun Adegboruwa[/size]

Lagos based lawyer Ebun Adegboruwa has been arranged before a Federal high Court in Lagos on a one count charge of obtaining N61bn.
Re: Adegboruwa Has No Fraud Case by AnalysisGuru: 6:54pm On Jan 05, 2022
ithope2:
@AnalysisGuru good evening, I'm the one that dm you with my alternate.
I was touched by your data analysis story.
I have great knowledge on excel, power bi and sql. I'm currently working on python and taking Google analytics course on coursera. I've gone for two job interviews but seems all they want is people with years of experience. Please how did you go about getting job as a newbie?
Hello,
Sorry I am just responding as I am just seeing this.
I think the way I was able to get in fast was because I had industry knowledge and sounded like a professional even though I was just starting.
First, you need to sound like a data professional in your field, then also have solid understanding of the industry, parameters and KPIs.
Lastly, you need to show evidence you have done something similar in the past that can convince people you can deliver.
For further emails,questions or clarifications send to akine4ever@yahoo.com.
Re: Adegboruwa Has No Fraud Case by Kzinne: 7:14pm On Jan 05, 2022
AnalysisGuru:

Hello,
Sorry I am just responding as I am just seeing this.
I think the way I was able to get in fast was because I had industry knowledge and sounded like a professional even though I was just starting.
First, you need to sound like a data professional in your field, then also have solid understanding of the industry, parameters and KPIs.
Lastly, you need to show evidence you have done something similar in the past that can convince people you can deliver.
For further emails,questions or clarifications send to akine4ever@yahoo.com.
replying after 5 years Crazy
Re: Adegboruwa Has No Fraud Case by AnalysisGuru: 7:27pm On Jan 05, 2022
Kzinne:
replying after 5 years Crazy
��������

(1) (Reply)

If Election Is Done Every Year Will You Vote For Buhari Coming May 29 2016 / t / Nigeria To Start Dialogue With Niger Delta Militants- Kachikwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.