Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG (35315 Views)

No More School Fees: FG Declares Tuition Free At All Federal Universities / Charging Of Tuition Fees In Federal Universities Illegal - FG / Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by Femich18(m): 6:42am On May 12, 2016
Lovely...45K is very Ok..my Alma Mata is not even paying up to 20k
Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by Nobody: 6:43am On May 12, 2016
Madness everywhere, War is brewing.....
Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by kcid(m): 6:46am On May 12, 2016
So me that has been paying 14k at uniben and they want to increase it to 45k. They better stop that expensive joke

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by butanep(m): 6:49am On May 12, 2016
This government is prepared to drag Nigerians into abject poverty. How did we enter into APC scam in the first place. Harmonise schools fees in federal institution is another way of exploiting the masses. What did the university use the fees collected to do in the school. Bad roads in campuses, no water, no good hostels, no good electricity.

If they need to harmonise, it should be less than 20k because Nigerian education is just nothing to write home about.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by ikennaoma(m): 6:51am On May 12, 2016
Sm schools were protesting because of sch fees increment. Now govt want to harmonize it ppl are complaining. so many state sch pay far more than d yet to be implemented fee charge. Give kodus to this man I think this is best thing FOR NOW

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by DropShot: 6:51am On May 12, 2016
emekakelvin:

Reads news, hisses and shake my head at the rate of greed and bad planning observed in the level of policy to be implemented.

You want an homogenous fee at #45000 while FGN cant increase her employees salary to #56000. Say na from #18000 dem wan pay their ward school fee.

angry

How many parents earn 18k?

Some of you just comment for the "likes" from your fellow ignorant members.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by afanide: 6:52am On May 12, 2016
Better! Too many Criminals in as VCs especially UNI-PORT............
Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by Reference(m): 6:53am On May 12, 2016
Silly policy. You cannot fund universities properly, you cannot feed your family yet you want to control their aspirations. Too much government always leads to corruption.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by Ymodulus: 6:54am On May 12, 2016
Fynestboi:
Jokes

Everywhere
hi. please you didnt contact me again. I need you to call me dont have your no again. thanks
Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by playtheblues(f): 6:57am On May 12, 2016
UNILAG school fee was not increased. The students demonstrated against hardship eg zero power supply and poor living condition in the school.

I am in support of harmonisation of the Federal University fees but if I know Buhari very well, the new fee won't favour the students at the end of the day.

Very soon Buhari will tell them to pay N100k per term, not minding the maximum of N45k stipulated by the law.

He will remind them of how Universities in the UK and USA pay high school fees too.

The new PHCN charges and new fuel pump price come to mind.

Buhari is wicked and very insensitive towards the plight of the masses.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by MADrator: 6:58am On May 12, 2016
malton:
shocked

Harmonising the fee will only exacerbate the already bad situation. It will make many worse off than they were before.

Lots of federal unis still charge below 20,000.

Just give them a ceiling.

God bless my good ABU, I paid approx. 17k as fees from start to finish. I think that's how much they still charge to this day in the faculty of social sciences.

I paid approx 19k in ABU too.. Engineering faculty.. cheesy
Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by chigoizie7(m): 7:00am On May 12, 2016
How is this a good news?

As a student while in unizik, i never paid anything morethan N20,100 as a normal school fees. Any other fee i paid was normal and understandable.

Dept fee, 1k. Faculty due, 1.5k, considering the fact that there are many activities that are carried out by either the dept or faculty and the school autorities does not se to its implementation financially, mot to talk of this era of TSA.

And then, FG will now come and increase the N20,100 to N45,000. Please, where is d change?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by playtheblues(f): 7:01am On May 12, 2016
Many of them do.

Most states civil service have not promoted their workers in the last 10 years.

DropShot:

Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by playtheblues(f): 7:03am On May 12, 2016
UNILAG current fee: N16k.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by ArmedRobber: 7:04am On May 12, 2016
If you can't afford education try ignorancegrin
Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by professorMD1: 7:05am On May 12, 2016
FUT minna pays 20k and increased it to 25k of recent. I dont know of any federal school that pays up to 48k, is either this information is faulty or adamu does not know what he is doing apparently! federal universities are always cheap due to federal governments intervention financially. most state universities pay even less than 45 for her indignities, or did they all get drunk during the deliberation about this matter? because the results are funny to me
Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by MADrator: 7:05am On May 12, 2016
DropShot:

Insensitivity at its peak! Even if most parents earn 200k on the average, is it safe to say that they should be forced to pay higher prices for all they've been paying for in the past?

Don't they fuel their cars and run generators (with increased petrol price a hard pill to swallow)?
Don't they buy foodstuffs at exorbitant prices?
Don't they pay heavily for the newly reviewed electricity tariff?
Won't they still be paying toll fees?
Do they have only one child each?
Don't they have other children and even parents and some siblings to fend for?
Don't they pay house rent?
Etc.

Even if one is insensitive and wicked, it shouldn't get to this point... angry angry

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by caphone: 7:09am On May 12, 2016
DIKEnaWAR:
Stupid country and leaders! #45,000 school fees on what minimum wage? Later they'd say they want to fight corruption.

Prices of things are rising and money is not in circulation. Why won't the people be corrupt? What happens to some universities that don't pay up to #45,000?

It says the maximun a student is to pay his fees is 45,000 not the minimum oga try to understand first before yu comment. I have known some courses where yu pay over 60,000 naira, isn't it fair now that they pay 45,000 highest for such course? Plz be reasonable for once. The only thing now we hope is the implementation of such directive dazol
Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by fippycbk(m): 7:11am On May 12, 2016
Professor Ukachukwu Awuzie, the former ASUU chairman would always tell us stories during lectures about how they shut down UNN because they weren't given breakfast... I come de wonder, who wan give you free food for Cafe now
Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by caphone: 7:13am On May 12, 2016
professorMD1:
FUT minna pays 20k and increased it to 25k of recent. I dont know of any federal school that pays up to 48k, is either this information is faulty or adamu does not know what he is doing apparently! federal universities are always cheap due to federal governments intervention financially. most state universities pay even less than 45 for her indignities, or did they all get drunk during the deliberation about this matter? because the results are funny to me

Mr. Proff did yu know the situation in other fed uni's? I bet yu didn't research before yu comment on this (professor)
Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by lafex: 7:15am On May 12, 2016
I tire for this country oooooi
I paid 18' from start to finias an Engineering student. God bkess ABU for us
malton:
shocked

Harmonising the fee will only exacerbate the already bad situation. It will make many worse off than they were before.

Lots of federal unis still charge below 20,000.

Just give them a ceiling.

God bless my good ABU, I paid approx. 17k as fees from start to finish. I think that's how much they still charge to this day in the faculty of social sciences.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by lomprico(m): 7:18am On May 12, 2016
Heeyhun:
45k will conveniently pay my school fees for two sessions...I don't see harmonizing, I see hiking the fees
Dont mind d criminals. Why dont they pick the cheapest fee and use it to harmonise?
Some fed unis pay less than 15k per session.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by Nobody: 7:27am On May 12, 2016
I'm tempted to say thunder fire buhari. i always argue about this Buhari with my Dad. as i read this news to him, the man just keep quiet. e don dey regret say e vote am. i never expected much from him anyways.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by stingbreed(m): 7:27am On May 12, 2016
Minimum wage has to be reviewed immediately....

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by xxgig(m): 7:27am On May 12, 2016
CaptainECole1:
good move
THIS IS NOT A GOOD MOVE. BUT WILL RATHER SLOW SOME SCHOOLS DOWN.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by Ijaya123: 7:34am On May 12, 2016
DIKEnaWAR:
Stupid country and leaders! #45,000 school fees on what minimum wage? Later they'd say they want to fight corruption.

Prices of things are rising and money is not in circulation. Why won't the people be corrupt? What happens to some universities that don't pay up to #45,000?

Is the N45,000 school fees paid every month?

What I now see is sheer foolishness instead of vibrant opposition.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by golddeejay(m): 7:34am On May 12, 2016
DropShot:

is DAT nt d minimum wage, the few earning DAT shd send their children to almajiri sch? Govt shd make policies with the 'lowest' of the citizens in some considerations.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by AreaFada2: 7:38am On May 12, 2016
eleojo23:

Even British pound na around 450 !

Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by Kaira333: 7:39am On May 12, 2016
Jesus! wetin we do dis man called Buhari? Those that mean we zikites dat are paying 15k will start 45k upon all this hardship. shocked I
Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by Seawhy(m): 7:40am On May 12, 2016
I pray that Nigerians will live to 2019 , to vote out these insensitive APC administration
Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by Unibenfucker(m): 7:42am On May 12, 2016
sparkleRed:
They should follow uniben fees price ooooo, basically d cheapest

It seems you are a uniben product
Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by martineverest(m): 7:45am On May 12, 2016
Uniben school fees is less than 20k. Will it be funny if they increase it to 45k?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

IPPIS: Buhari Approves Payment Of February, March Salaries Of Varsity Lecturers / Post Your Alma Mater And The Course You Studied / 19 Pictures You Will Relate To If You Schooled At MOUAU (Umudike)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.