Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,694 members, 7,820,424 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG (35316 Views)

No More School Fees: FG Declares Tuition Free At All Federal Universities / Charging Of Tuition Fees In Federal Universities Illegal - FG / Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by bbjummy: 7:57am On May 12, 2016
ArmedRobber:
If you can't afford education try ignorancegrin
Says Jang grin grin
Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by Sleekyshuga(f): 8:07am On May 12, 2016
@ Skarlett, Uniport still know their way to enriching their pocket cheesy..

After paying the #45,000 school fees, we still paid #6,800 for peculiar charges cheesy..

And their 'Almighty Senegalese' convocation gown is #12,500.. If only they were giving us the gown to own undecided..

M**rra f**kers angry..

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by JoeBlocks(m): 8:13am On May 12, 2016
Sleekyshuga:

After paying the #45,000 school fees, we still paid #6,800 for peculiar charges cheesy..

And their 'Almighty Senegalese' convocation gown is #12,500.. If only they were giving us the gown to own undecided..

M**rra f**kers angry..
How much was your school fees when you were still in school?
Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by nelronaldo(m): 8:13am On May 12, 2016
Now what happens to a school like Uniben charges 18000 naira per session as Tuition fees? The FG is now giving them License to increase theirs to 45,000 naira. This FG is so clueless! Why Harmonize school fees? Simply tell those Uni that are charging exorbitant fees to reduce theirs to 45,000 naira maximum... Well I blame those Zombies that voted them in, they haven't started with us yet. More suffering for Nigerians.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by uzolexis(f): 8:16am On May 12, 2016
ok
Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by Sleekyshuga(f): 8:18am On May 12, 2016
JoeBlocks:
How much was your school fees when you were still in school?
I paid #45,000 @ my finals with a peculiar fee of #6,800 (whatever that means)..

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by igwegeorgiano(m): 8:20am On May 12, 2016
very good movesi hope it will be implemented and the fees affordable for parents to pay.. pmb is working
Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by JoeBlocks(m): 8:26am On May 12, 2016
Sleekyshuga:

I paid #45,000 @ my finals with a peculiar fee of #6,800 (whatever that means)..
Wow!. This is amazing, how in the space of 10 years school fees increased tremendously.

I paid N7,700 as my school fees from my year one, to my final year.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by LaExpert: 8:29am On May 12, 2016
DropShot:

How many parents earn 18k?

Some of you just comment for the "likes" from your fellow ignorant members.

...and what happens to the ones that earn 18K?

Shouldn't they be considered?
Or are they not Nigerians?
Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by DropShot: 8:33am On May 12, 2016
LaExpert:

...and what happens to the ones that earn 18K?

Shouldn't they be considered?
Or are they not Nigerians?
In reality, no govt worker earns 18k per month. The minimum wage is the basic entry pay for cleaners, drivers, messengers, and likes. It doesn't include their other allowances.

And university education is not for everyone and definitely not free anywhere in the world. Acquiring it comes with toiling.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by sparkleRed(f): 8:42am On May 12, 2016
Unibenfucker:

It seems you are a uniben product

Lol @ product yea tho
Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by praizbenjamin(f): 8:45am On May 12, 2016
i hope if they harmonise it, it doesnt qo hiqher than 20k or 15k sef. Shey na FG suppose dey pay awr schl fees nah?? Buh we still dey hustle for am. Presently, my schk collects 37k sha. Make e drop abeq
Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by praizbenjamin(f): 8:46am On May 12, 2016
i hope if they harmonise it, it doesnt qo hiqher than 20k or 15k sef. Shey na FG suppose dey pay awr schl fees nah?? Buh we still dey hustle for am. Presently, my schl collects 37k sha. Make e drop abeq
Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by LaExpert: 8:50am On May 12, 2016
DropShot:

In reality, no govt worker earns 18k per month. The minimum wage is the basic entry pay for cleaners, drivers, messengers, and likes. It doesn't include their other allowances.

And university education is not for everyone and definitely not free anywhere in the world. Acquiring it comes with toiling.

The 18K isn't the real issue.
How many people have the government provided good jobs for? Do you know the unemployment rate in the country?

In reality, a very large percentage of Nigerians live in poverty.

The government won't be helping matters by increasing the cost of the most important development tool.

I'm totally disappointed at the bold!
If you deserve university education, then everyone else deserve it; even the poor...you're not so special.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by Sleekyshuga(f): 8:53am On May 12, 2016
JoeBlocks:
Wow!. This is amazing, how in the space of 10 years school fees increased tremendously.

I paid N7,700 as my school fees from my year one, to my final year.
My dear, times have changed cheesy.. Uniport school fees increases yearly..

You mean you paid #7,700 in year 1, and subsequently? Thought year 1 school fees is always the greatest because of the acceptance fee?
Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by DropShot: 8:57am On May 12, 2016
LaExpert:

The 18K isn't the real issue.
How many people have the government provided good jobs for? Do you know the unemployment rate in the country?

In reality, a very large percentage of Nigerians live in poverty.

The government won't be helping matters by increasing the cost of the most important development tool.

I'm totally disappointed at the bold!
If you deserve university education, then everyone else deserve it; even the poor...you're not so special.
My post that triggered this was specifically a response to insinuation that most parents earn 18k. So, I end that issue here.

You needn't disappointed for a stmnt of fact that university education is not for everyone. It has always been a fact and it will remain one till end of time.

Not getting university education doesn't mean one's life is incomplete or worthless. Many people attended technical colleges, many engaged in trading, others opted for special education just to fit into the society and many later turned out better than some that got university education.

Think through my posts before replying.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by JoeBlocks(m): 8:59am On May 12, 2016
Sleekyshuga:

My dear, times have changed cheesy.. Uniport school fees increases yearly..

You mean you paid #7,700 in year 1, and subsequently? Thought year 1 school fees is always the greatest because of the acceptance fee?
In my year one, I paid the total sum of 27,000 Naira, including school fees, acceptance fees, matriculation gown, bla bla bla. The school fees was 7,700 Naira all through my stay in school.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by Sleekyshuga(f): 9:05am On May 12, 2016
JoeBlocks:
In my year one, I paid the total sum of 27,000 Naira, including school fees, acceptance fees, matriculation gown, bla bla bla. The school fees was 7,700 Naira all through my stay in school.
If only that could be said of our time embarassed.. I paid over #59,000 plus (can't place the exact figure) in my year 1, excluding my matriculation gown fee..

Presently, new intakes pay as high as #120,000 for school fee and acceptance fee..

10 years? Senior Alumnus of the school cheesy..

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by marvelito: 9:07am On May 12, 2016
Dahkogrin007:
dix govt better stp it foolishness at d level it is right now and not increase it further
for a uniben student from 200l up. 45k will pay three session school fees. if they want to harmonize they shld use uniben fees as reference to others. I personally paid less than 100k for tuition fees from first yr to final yr in my days in uniben.i paid 26k, 7700, 9700, 9700. U can see its far less than 100k even plus 10k late payments sometimes.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by JoeBlocks(m): 9:14am On May 12, 2016
Sleekyshuga:

If only that could be said of our time embarassed.. I paid over #59,000 plus (can't place the exact figure) in my year 1, excluding my matriculation gown fee..

Presently, new intakes pay as high as #120,000 for school fee and acceptance fee..

10 years? Senior Alumnus of the school cheesy..
Wow!!!. 120K for freshers? Bloody hell!. Talk about milking the masses legitimately.

Lol. Senior alumnus. grin Did I tell you the 700 Naira in the 7,700 Naira was S.U.G dues, which you pay along with your school fees?

School has changed a lot, since the time I was there... Money seems to be the focus of everything now.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by JoeBlocks(m): 9:16am On May 12, 2016
marvelito:

for a uniben student from 200l up. 45k will pay three session school fees. if they want to harmonize they shld use uniben fees as reference to others. I personally paid less than 100k for tuition fees from first yr to final yr in my days in uniben.i paid 26k, 7700, 9700, 9700. U can see its far less than 100k even plus 10k late payments sometimes.
Which year did you graduate from Unibest?
Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by LaExpert: 9:29am On May 12, 2016
DropShot:

My post that triggered this was specifically a response to insinuation that most parents earn 18k. So, I end that issue here.

You needn't disappointed for a stmnt of fact that university education is not for everyone. It has always been a fact and it will remain one till end of time.

Not getting university education doesn't mean one's life is incomplete or worthless. Many people attended technical colleges, many engaged in trading, others opted for special education just to fit into the society and many later turned out better than some that got university education.

Think through my posts before replying.

1. Your initial post was a response to someone that rightly pointed to the fact that the Govt has not increased the minimum wage, not necessarily insinuating that most parents earn 18K...of which I asked what happens to the ones that earn 18K...and you pointed it out that those who earn that sum are messengers, drivers, cleaners etc.

Do you mean those ones don't have kids?
Or are their kids undeserving of University education if they want it?

2. Everyone that wants university education deserves to get it. If my father works as a driver in a government establishment and earns 18K, how do you expect the family to cope?

Must the poor ditch formal education because it is expensive? Are they not Nigerians?

Look beyond your own condition and interest and see from others' perspective. Many Nigerians live in poverty, Unemployment rate is high! These are REAL issues.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by Sleekyshuga(f): 9:33am On May 12, 2016
JoeBlocks:
Wow!!!. 120K for freshers? Bloody hell!. Talk about milking the masses legitimately.

Lol. Senior alumnus. grin Did I tell you the 700 Naira in the 7,700 Naira was S.U.G dues, which you pay along with your school fees?

School has changed a lot, since the time I was there... Money seems to be the focus of everything now..

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by Nobody: 9:35am On May 12, 2016
malton:
shocked

Harmonising the fee will only exacerbate the already bad situation. It will make many worse off than they were before.

Lots of federal unis still charge below 20,000.

Just give them a ceiling.

God bless my good ABU, I paid approx. 17k as fees from start to finish. I think that's how much they still charge to this day in the faculty of social sciences.
I paid less myself.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by DrHighchief(m): 10:20am On May 12, 2016
When considering undergraduate sch fees, please they shud also consider post graduate sch fees especially UNIPORT. Post graduate sch fees is 2 exorbitant in Uniport and they shud stop the 50% penalty for those who don't pay sch fees on time.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by DropShot: 10:22am On May 12, 2016
LaExpert:

1. Your initial post was a response to someone that rightly pointed to the fact that the Govt has not increased the minimum wage, not necessarily insinuating that most parents earn 18K...of which I asked what happens to the ones that earn 18K...and you pointed it out that those who earn that sum are messengers, drivers, cleaners etc.

Do you mean those ones don't have kids?
Or are their kids undeserving of University education if they want it?

2. Everyone that wants university education deserves to get it. If my father works as a driver in a government establishment and earns 18K, how do you expect the family to cope?

Must the poor ditch formal education because it is expensive? Are they not Nigerians?

Look beyond your own condition and interest and see from others' perspective. Many Nigerians live in poverty, Unemployment rate is high! These are REAL issues.
OK.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by Monk92(m): 11:33am On May 12, 2016
Rapsowdee01:
Ok.. What's this government's p with ''45'' sef ?? Dollar is 345, petrol is 145, school fees 45, Tomato half-small paint bucket 450 !!!
Lol... Maybe 45 is d new 666
Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by emekakelvin(m): 1:36pm On May 12, 2016
DropShot:

How many parents earn 18k?

Some of you just comment for the "likes" from your fellow ignorant members.

Really??
Who care about the "likes" being accumulated to a nairalander quote? Do you think I care about your opinion concerning my post, if it suits your reasoning you can like my post and if you do not appreciate it you can criticise me with fact.

Ignorant of what? Are you not in Nigeria, how many parent earn above the minimum wage and get their salary being paid on time? I cannot claim I am not ignorant of anything ,but since you are the "all knowing" can you give me figure of those earning above the #18000 minimum? angry
Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by Nobody: 2:57pm On May 12, 2016
Sleekyshuga:

M**rra f**kers angry..

The N45k + N12,500 looks like a bargain at $190. shocked

My tuition in undergrad was around N930,000/semester.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by Richardonald(m): 3:50pm On May 12, 2016
lafex:
I tire for this country oooooi
I paid 18' from start to finias an Engineering student. God bkess ABU for us
is it per semester or a level.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: All Federal Universities To Pay The Same Fees – FG by marvelito: 4:46pm On May 12, 2016
JoeBlocks:
Which year did you graduate from Unibest?
09/10

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

IPPIS: Buhari Approves Payment Of February, March Salaries Of Varsity Lecturers / Post Your Alma Mater And The Course You Studied / 19 Pictures You Will Relate To If You Schooled At MOUAU (Umudike)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.