Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,877 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:24 PM

24 Things We've Learnt From Nollywood - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 24 Things We've Learnt From Nollywood (1216 Views)

The Things We've Actually Learned From Nollywood / 24 Things We've Learnt From Nollywood / Things We've Learnt From Nollywood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

24 Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by deyemi(m): 5:22pm On Nov 19, 2006
1. Every problem you have is spiritual.

2. In every romance movie, someone must die.

3. It is possible to hit a person without actually touching them!

4. Anyone who gets hit by a car dies immediately.

5. Poisoned food always tastes better.

6. The best way to make money is by visiting a 'Babalawo' / joining a cult / sleeping with rich men.

7. One of a pair of twins (identical or not) is born evil.

8. There is never an end to your suffering, except death!

9. With a pastor , all things are possible.

10. A movie can be titled anything, such as:

*The boy is mine,

* Face me, I face you

*Two rats,

*Spanner,

*Calculator,

*Igala,

*Ijele,

*Igodo,

*Igudu

*Shigidi

11. A movie has not been made if at least one actor/actress has not-'shelled', twisted his/her lips to speak wrong phonetics'.

12. You are in love, you want to take your girl out, the best place you take her to is,

*Mr. Biggs/Tantalizers: where you'll most probably see an ex while feeding each other.

*The beach: where it is imperative that you ride a donkey and carry her playfully.

*Or the best: take her to buy some new ugly clothes.

13. An Igbo movie has been made if ,

* You visit a 'Babalawo'

* A fleet of cars is shown off at regular intervals for a total of half of the movie time.

* Kanayo 'O' Kanayo is in the movie. Pete Udochie is also there too!

* To get rich it is mandatory you join a cult

14. Gun shots and knock-outs sound the same!

15. Sometimes the title has absolutely nothing to do with the movie and other times, once you read the title and see the poster you know it all!!!

(Also the soundtrack gives you a headache because it just narrates the whole story repeatedly - so much for suspense and intrigue!)

16. A love story has not been produced if it does not have one or two of the following actresses-

* Stella Damascus

* Stephanie Okereke

* Genevieve Nnaji

* Omotola Jalade

* Rita Dominic

17. The police are extremely 'efficient' unlike their counterparts in real life.

18. An actress can wear the same hairdo for more than a year and even in longer flashbacks.

19. It is permissible to wear very dark shades at night!

20. When you are shot in the chest, it really doesn't matter; your head will be bandaged! Same for your legs!

21. When advertising a movie, you really should shout because, people are deaf?

22. When you are extremely poor, you will still be able to afford- very good furniture, T.V., but you won't be able to send your kids to school.

23. Most especially in Yoruba movies, your gateman must be inefficient and comical. He MUST dress like a freak, be rude to all your visitors and never mind his business.

24. My personal favourite- the bad guy always dies or gets caught by none other than the police- LOL!!!!!
Re: 24 Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by whiteroses(f): 5:36pm On Nov 19, 2006
oh my days, it is really true o, funny nollywood people, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin but we still love them
Re: 24 Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by candylips(m): 6:07pm On Nov 19, 2006
very true indeed
Re: 24 Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by angelz(f): 6:31pm On Nov 19, 2006
Whao, u jus hit d rait nail on d rait head. Cant help bt lauf. Tnx
Re: 24 Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by gbadex1(m): 1:44am On Nov 20, 2006
"The 25th thing and some, we learnt from Nollywood"

25. Any photographer/video-recorder hustling by the roadside or Onitsha can be the next Director of Photography of any of these Nollywood movies

26. We've learnt in essence that Nollywood movies are nothing but a pile of trash and vomit, spewed forth at a prolific rate and daily basis.

27. A comedy is never complete without those irritating, talentess dwarves by the pseudonym of "aki na ukwa"

28. That for every stupid movie those short mofos act, one fat actor with a pot belly the size of a cauldron, must always play as their father.

29. We've learnt from Nollywood, that any Nigerian with his sanity and sense of beauty in art intact, would know that watching a Nollywood movie for 2 hours is inhuman torture at its best, and a near-death experience.

30. We've also learnt that 6 hours of Teletubbies is much better and gratifying than 30 minutes of Nollywood movies.
Re: 24 Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by whiteroses(f): 2:20am On Nov 20, 2006
@ gbade x. you are incorrect we love nollywood and i'm proud. why do you hate crteations of your country, nollywood is not rubish like you described they are just growing, we'll beat the reach oneday grin
31. all the babes must be yellow and thick
32. cute guys like emeka, rmd e.t.c are the lovers of fat women like steph -nora okere intead of sxc girls like genevieve while steph nora should be the evil stepmum of genevieve(too long)
Re: 24 Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by Nobody: 2:54am On Nov 20, 2006
I've been watching nollywood movies the past week for the first time in yrs and i must say i'm really amazed at how far they've come!

Please go watch "games men play" Gbade.x, i spent over 3 hrs laughing my head off. I nearly cried at some point and i'm supposed to be a guy!
Re: 24 Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by Hotstepper(f): 7:31am On Nov 20, 2006
stop hating oo, they r improving and i spend hours watching da movies, by da way, it is PETE EDOCHIE unlike wat u spelt
Re: 24 Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by gbadex1(m): 10:49am On Nov 20, 2006
Believe me, 60 hrs of Teletubbies is better than 2 hours of nollywood movies.

I once spent an agonising 2 hrs watching "Mr Ibru in london" just to please my aunt. 30 minutes into the movie, i started gasping for breath. Another 30 minutes, and i ran out under pretext that i wanted receive a fone call!
Re: 24 Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by Nobody: 4:01pm On Nov 20, 2006
@ gbade.x

I am selective on the kind of movies i watch. Most films by Lancelot Imasuen are the best of the bunch. Excellent movies!

i also watch movies based on the characters, i will never watch a film by those two untalented dwarfs who annoy me more than make me laugh. What is funny about being rude to your father?

Films by Geneivive, Ini Edo, Jim Iyke, RMD, Stella Damasus, Kate Henshaw-Nuttal are also good picks. I spend the first few minutes deciding if the movie is interesting enough to keep me rooted for the duration.

Please do watch,
Games men play
Games Women play
Critical Decision

Those are fantastic movies!!!!

Coming from a guy who would never watch nigerian movies before eh!
Re: 24 Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by gbadex1(m): 10:47am On Nov 21, 2006
Aight, would try them out.
Re: 24 Things We've Learnt From Nollywood by iice(f): 5:04pm On Nov 21, 2006
Ahahahahaha funny thread, cool grin grin

(1) (Reply)

How Not To Dress: The Nigeria Makeover Challenge To Debut January / Bba - The Chase, Nando Alleges He Contracted STI From Selly, The Ghanian Lady. / Watch How This Top Drawing Artist In Nigeria Paint Portrait Looking Soo Real

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.