Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,998 members, 7,810,777 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:14 PM

Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron (30521 Views)

Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Orji Uzor Kalu / Orji Uzor-Kalu Hosts James Entwistle And Family At His Residence In Abuja. Photo / Nicole And Olivia Orji Uzor-Kalu's Birthday Party In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron by AmadiAba: 7:27pm On May 11, 2016
PRESS STATEMENT

My attention and that of the Nigerian public have been drawn to the recent statements made by the British Prime Minister, Mr. David Cameron in which he characterized Nigeria as a "fantastically corrupt country" during his briefing to Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth just before theanti corruption summit which was attended by President Muhammadu Buhari in London.

The statements of the British Prime Minister are most unfortunate and unguarded, given the relationship between the Nigeria and Britain, two countries who share very long and deep heritage; and especially as the British PM did not state the basis on which he made such assertion which has now become public. It is also a gross disrespect and a most uncharitable disposition to the Nigerian people who work hard to ear their living and who have made very positive impacts on the lives of British people and their economy. Also, such statements coming from the convener of the summit himself, just before the commencement, suggest that either he doesn't take the summit serious, or he is deceptive in terms of his commitment to the Nigerian government in the fight against corruption.

In the light of this, the British Prime Minister should render an immediate and unreserved apology to the Nigerian people and to President Buhari for those embarrassing comments. As a responsible government and former colonists of Nigeria, my advise is that Britain should handle this matter with the required level of responsibility and prudence so as to avoid a possible breakdown of diplomatic relations between the two countries.

Orji Uzor Kalu

Source : http://www.igberetvnews.com/12027

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron by Nobody: 7:30pm On May 11, 2016
Which apology is Orji Kalu talking about again? The president has spoken. The apology is useless, we want return of our looted asset.

114 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron by subtle009(m): 7:31pm On May 11, 2016
Who the apology help? Then fayose has a lot of apology to write then. It's just the plain truth Nigeria is "fantastically corrupt"

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron by kodded(m): 7:34pm On May 11, 2016

undecided undecided

did you ask for apology when buhari said that nigerians are criminals ? undecided undecided

42 Likes

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron by Nobody: 7:39pm On May 11, 2016
Who cares what Cameron says about Nigeria?

Same stereotype was used against the Japanese and Chinese.

Today they compete with the US and UK in everything including education, business and investment, science and technology and social security.

Cameron should just help us bring back our moneys and let us inject this into our nation building project.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:39pm On May 11, 2016
Buhari should tender unreserved apology to Nigeria & Nigerians 1st, then we'll know what we're ghana do with David Camera

11 Likes

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron by bastardfrank: 7:52pm On May 11, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
Buhari should tender unreserved apology to Nigeria & Nigerians 1st, then we'll know what we're ghana do with David Camera

Lolzzz. No be only David Camera, its David video.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron by MeAboki(m): 7:54pm On May 11, 2016
Omoakinsuyi:
Which apology is Orji Kalu talking about again? The president has spoken. The apology is useless, we want return of our looted asset.

Seconded.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron by SweetGuy225: 7:57pm On May 11, 2016
Nigeria is a fantastically corrupt and dysfunctional country. Cameron didn't lie.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron by luvinhubby(m): 7:59pm On May 11, 2016
Cameron just re-echoed what your president said.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron by magmack: 8:04pm On May 11, 2016
Buhari gave room for ds insults, he goes about d planet telling everyone that Nigeria is corrupt and undisciplined. Cameron was even mild with d truth. Nigeria is a hopelessly failed state.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron by jlinkd78(m): 8:38pm On May 11, 2016
NK prophesy around d corner. Once Britain turns against Nigeria d self determination will manifest faster than imagined.

1 Like

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron by citizenY(m): 9:06pm On May 11, 2016
I do not expect politicians like Kalu to react. They should just shove off. No be dem make Oyibo dey talk this way? especially the class of 1999. Alams and Dariye be him class mates

18 Likes

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron by Nobody: 9:13pm On May 11, 2016
#whodavidcameronapologygoepp. #returnnigerianassets
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron by Temismith(f): 10:27pm On May 11, 2016
na dem sabi.
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron by sukkot: 10:29pm On May 11, 2016
this ipad youf need to keep quiet.

3 Likes

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron by Segadem(m): 10:29pm On May 11, 2016
As a responsible government and former colonists of Nigeria, my advise is that Britain should handle this matter with the required level of responsibility and prudence so as to avoid a possible breakdown of diplomatic relations between the two countries.
This man never cease to amaze me,so if the diplomatic relationship broken, who will suffer most?

1 Like

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron by HazzanTazzan(m): 10:30pm On May 11, 2016
Ok
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron by Segadem(m): 10:30pm On May 11, 2016
citizenY:
I do not expect politicians like Kalu to react. They should just shove off. No be dem make Oyibo dey talk this way? especially the class of 1999. Alams and Dariye be him class mates
hmmmmm
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron by Pstlyecouture: 10:30pm On May 11, 2016
i thought this man was invited by EFCC

3 Likes

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron by Nobody: 10:31pm On May 11, 2016
Olosho u think i send ur father if ur yansh na jollof rice i rather eat of ada cool
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron by Stanleywaxy(m): 10:32pm On May 11, 2016
He should go and siddan angry He's among the bad eggs too ... See his big head angry

4 Likes

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron by MARKone(m): 10:32pm On May 11, 2016
Look who is talking, somebody who in collaboration with his mother Eunice, plundered the collective wealth of Abia state. He should go and sit down.

10 Likes

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron by DrChukzy(m): 10:32pm On May 11, 2016
David Cameron isnt wrong at all. Since Dullard Buhari decided to open that his Gworo stained mawt to call Africans Criminals, wetin una expect b4? Infact, when Donald Trump enters as U.S.A President en, una go see shege! Chanji is here!
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron by eBillionaire: 10:33pm On May 11, 2016
Criminals always doing everything to stay in good books.Fear of being witch-hunted by the dullard is the chief reason this Slok billionaire is mouthing this bullshit.

I agree, Nigeria is fantastically corrupt, even Buhari is corrupt, he has not declared his assets publicly and his family is spending too much money than what cattle rearing can generate.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron by 5starmilitant: 10:33pm On May 11, 2016
Nigeria is truly a fantastic corrupt country, if not why would a corrupt buhari be fighting corruption?
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron by Jokkarm: 10:34pm On May 11, 2016
Orji well don , you fear nobody . Just imagine cemeroun oooo.
I see you as a fearless man ever since I know you . I wish you will be the president of this great nation someday .
Certainly you will be.
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron by Fugazi: 10:34pm On May 11, 2016
Mtchewwwwww

I'm surprised he didn't give Cameroon a chesbeating ultimatum.

I expect Allison Madueke to talk next.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron by jamace(m): 10:35pm On May 11, 2016
Even Kalu of all people is rejecting corruption tag. Na wa o. grin shocked

8 Likes

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron by saracus(f): 10:35pm On May 11, 2016
Look at who is talking, pls let me hear a better person talk. Orji Kalu too. Mtcheeeeeewwwww

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron by omenka(m): 10:35pm On May 11, 2016
Omoakinsuyi:
The tin tire me sef oo. Shooo!!
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Replies Cameron by sapele914(m): 10:35pm On May 11, 2016
magmack:
Buhari gave room for ds insults, he goes about d planet telling everyone that Nigeria is corrupt and undisciplined. Cameron was even mild with d truth. Nigeria is a hopelessly failed state.
Is it a lie you get electricity for house in 2016, you can't refine ordinary crude oil. Call a spade a spade,You know what dey say the truth is bitter. Orji kalu no thief Abia State money,please can someone please tell me which year any state in the federal republic of Nigeria last held a credible local government election?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Reveals Primaries Method For Kogi 2019 Governorship Election / NUC Orders Closure Of Universities For Elections / 'i Am A Talent Hunter, I Put Talents In Office' - Tinubu Brags

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.