Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

NLC To Resist Fuel Subsidy Removal And Increase In Petrol Price - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC To Resist Fuel Subsidy Removal And Increase In Petrol Price (35140 Views)

Parents Storm Schools In Edo To Resist Alleged Immunization By Army(pics) / Fuel Price: NLC To Begin Strike Wednesday / NLC To Declare Nationwide Strike Against Electricity Tariff Hike, Fuel Scarcity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLC To Resist Fuel Subsidy Removal And Increase In Petrol Price by chalxdon(m): 8:19am On May 12, 2016
franchizy:
In America PMS is sold for $80 in Europe it goes for $90. in most African countries it is sold equivalent to 175 Naira even when they have a working refinery refining the products.

I must commend the federal govt on this increase. This will curb corruption and add value to the growth and development of Nigeria.

We the Nigerian youths are solidly behind the FG. NLC are toothless bulldogs.
INSHA ALLAH

Do you mean per litre?
Re: NLC To Resist Fuel Subsidy Removal And Increase In Petrol Price by iykedonp: 8:21am On May 12, 2016
Nawaooo, high cost of living and low standard of living.
Re: NLC To Resist Fuel Subsidy Removal And Increase In Petrol Price by chuksmad(m): 8:41am On May 12, 2016
BakireBulmaker:

But Nigerians have already been buying PMS at far more than the official rate for the past 9 months and under excruciating conditions?

Wouldnt you rather have it readily available no matter the cost?
Rather the question you should ask is why there be no scarcity of fuel during GED time, then why now under the APC led government. The difference is clear. Nigeria should apologized to former petroleum minister for castigating her
Re: NLC To Resist Fuel Subsidy Removal And Increase In Petrol Price by nortcentrallord(m): 8:43am On May 12, 2016
franchizy:
In America PMS is sold for $80 in Europe it goes for $90. in most African countries it is sold equivalent to 175 Naira even when they have a working refinery refining the products.

I must commend the federal govt on this increase. This will curb corruption and add value to the growth and development of Nigeria.

INSHA ALLAH

Lol. Very good analysis.

Just a little question. What is the average minimum wage of an American and a European citizen on hourly bases. Am sure you are learned enough to be able to do the necessary multiplication and conversion to arrive @ a monthly pay.

What is the price of relative goods and commodities in the market of these countries including the said African countries.

What is their standard of living in comparison with the present state of Nigeria.

What is their exchange rate in relation to other countries they trade with.

How many of these countries have crude oil as a natural resource?

Enlighten me please. Thanks.
Re: NLC To Resist Fuel Subsidy Removal And Increase In Petrol Price by caprini1: 8:51am On May 12, 2016
The problem is not increase in the price, but that every other thing runs on PMS,assuming we have stable electricity like in Ghana,who cares,if PMS sells for 200 naira? The price increase will affect every aspect of life as well.
Re: NLC To Resist Fuel Subsidy Removal And Increase In Petrol Price by playtheblues(f): 9:31am On May 12, 2016
Amen!

TonyeBarcanista:
Buhari has failed Nigerians and he must go
Re: NLC To Resist Fuel Subsidy Removal And Increase In Petrol Price by playtheblues(f): 9:43am On May 12, 2016
They said they were not.

ziccoit:
Was NLC and its ally, TUC, not in the meeting where the decision was finalized?
Re: NLC To Resist Fuel Subsidy Removal And Increase In Petrol Price by lloyds(m): 9:49am On May 12, 2016
As an average Nigerian, I fully support the fuel subsidy removal. But the timing is wrong. Government so paliatives are in place before making such decisions.
Our refineries should have be working at adequate levels, which will reduce the end price/PMS cost before deregulation.
If a barrel of crude is around $40, the PMS shouldn't be more than N47 per litre. The masses are paying unnecessarily for high FOREX plainly because we are importing the PMS.
We need proper planning, and they may have to postpone it for now.
Re: NLC To Resist Fuel Subsidy Removal And Increase In Petrol Price by hornyman(m): 9:51am On May 12, 2016
NLC has been nothing but scam since the time of Oshiomhole as its President. Toothless bull dogs. Oshiomhole will shout and shout then, he will mislead all his subjects then, when the govt call him aside and bribe him he comes out and sing different music to the people.

But in this case I like this new NLC president, it seems he is working but the agitation this time won't hold any water as the govt will have its way eventually. But one good thing I foresee is this, as the subsidy is removed now, the govt will review and eventually increase workers salary away from N18,000. It may not be N56,000 Labour desired but certainly it will be upward review away from N18,000. If nothing like that happens, then I will totally be disappointed in Buhari led APC govt. Labour should use increase in workers salary in exchange for the subsidy, because it does not make sense if the govt want the public to fund petroleum price by paying more with our money and yet workers are being paid mere N18,000. What I think now about subsidy removal is that citizen are helping the govt to carrying out govt's responsibilities so they must be paid for such service, in form of compensation. It shud be tit for tat. A give and take situation.

GEJ was so right about subsidy removal being the way to go, but due to bad eggs in his govt people could not trust his govt and APC capitalised on these to woe people to their side but we can now see clearly that GEJ was right. But my problem with GEJ was he was too weak. He should have still carry out the policy despite the protest we would have face the pain once and for all then 4 years ago and forget it by now. Now we delayed the pain until now, now its fresh on us all, its a pity.

Its a good thing when govt allows market determines the price rather than govt fixing prices. And the subsidy removal will allow govt to save more, then invest this money into better projects like good road, hospitals, etc. All these oil markers were thieves. I knew things will crumble since the govt had bin fixing prices of petrol. I support removal of subsidy but the N145 is too much, it shud be reduced drastically, for masses not to feel it much.
Re: NLC To Resist Fuel Subsidy Removal And Increase In Petrol Price by Mavrick2012: 9:57am On May 12, 2016
Mynd44:

I have always advocated the removal of subsidy cos it was pointless.
Under GEJ though, it was obvious the government was riddled with thieving charlatans who woukd not do anything with the funds saved
ah mynd,even u?you supported PMB b4 election,you still sheepishly supporting even with all this hardship?so its not realy a matter of being objective?Guy,sincerely you have lost my respect.Before now i saw you as an objective model but....SMH

1 Like

Re: NLC To Resist Fuel Subsidy Removal And Increase In Petrol Price by huntax(m): 10:12am On May 12, 2016
DURING THE ELECTION PERIOD, PEOPLE WARNED AGAINST VOTING FOR APC, THEY SAID WE'D SUFFER A GREAT DEAL UNDER THEIR GOVERNMENT, I TOLD THEM IT COULDN'T GET ANY WORSE THAN WHAT WE WERE FACING. BOY, WAS I WRONG

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC To Resist Fuel Subsidy Removal And Increase In Petrol Price by huntax(m): 10:22am On May 12, 2016
franchizy:

INSHA ALLAH
What kind of lie it this? Did u read what u typed at all? How can PMS in America be 80 dollars per litre? What have u been smoking?

2 Likes

Re: NLC To Resist Fuel Subsidy Removal And Increase In Petrol Price by wordychap: 10:26am On May 12, 2016
Honestly this buhari's regime is n will be d worst regime in d history of this country
I never expected anything good from them but they've surpassed every evil
Funny thing is only God can save us from this tyrant buhari

1 Like

Re: NLC To Resist Fuel Subsidy Removal And Increase In Petrol Price by Ehisod(m): 10:55am On May 12, 2016
Hey guys be better educated about PMS prices globally whatever side you are in this matter check out this post so we don't start dropping falsehood here https://www.nairaland.com/3100750/global-pms-price-position-nigeria
Re: NLC To Resist Fuel Subsidy Removal And Increase In Petrol Price by mii72: 10:57am On May 12, 2016
NLC!....abeg make una go look for white chair for back and sidd
on der,idiots
Re: NLC To Resist Fuel Subsidy Removal And Increase In Petrol Price by moski5(m): 12:23pm On May 12, 2016
Pidggin:
NLC still dey exist?
Their current leadership has been bought off head d current head is flexin in Berlin

1 Like

Re: NLC To Resist Fuel Subsidy Removal And Increase In Petrol Price by Irokonews: 12:50pm On May 12, 2016
The Minister of State for Petroleum, Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu in his recent Press Statement concerning the current fuel situation in Nigeria announced that fuel will be sold at the price of 145 Naira.
For more details, follow the link below
http://www.irokonews.com/2016/05/ibe-kachikwu-confirms-fuel-to-be-sold.html
Re: NLC To Resist Fuel Subsidy Removal And Increase In Petrol Price by chronos: 1:26pm On May 12, 2016
PUSH1:

It's like that because you guys are lazy country.

You're a demented, dim-witteed cretin!!...how dare you or any living thing accuse Nigerians of being lazy..your parents must be really proud of you and your ignominious stupidity
Re: NLC To Resist Fuel Subsidy Removal And Increase In Petrol Price by Esperooke(m): 8:17pm On May 12, 2016
frozenSun:

and what is the needful ? a strike action ? occupynigeria?

what will that change ?

the government already knows the way Nigerians will behave. they know that there will be possible strike after which they will reduce the price to 120 per liter. then people will start saying LET US LEAVE THEM, AT LEAST THEY HAVE TRIED, PLEASE LET US GO BACK TO WORK COS I NEED SALARY, WHEN WILL THIS STRIKE END..?

take a look at all the strike actions since when PMS was still 11 naira. what did it change ?

The most potent instrument to sway government decision in Nigeria is through strike. While I support deregulation, it's ill-timed. Even if all we can achieve is beating it down to 120 or 110 it's way better than 145.
Re: NLC To Resist Fuel Subsidy Removal And Increase In Petrol Price by Nobody: 10:20pm On May 12, 2016
When did nairaland become a political thug for APC? Seun and mods banning PDP supporters won't solve the country's problems or stop them from saying the truth! angry

Re: NLC To Resist Fuel Subsidy Removal And Increase In Petrol Price by ShowYourCertificate: 9:37am On May 15, 2016
Mynd44:

There will always be theieves as no system is perfect but now, "Stealing is not just corruption, it will land you in jail"

We saw what the cronies of the Jonathan administration did with SURE. P and I am glad we did not give em a chance to do it with all the money
The past regime never said stealing wasn't a crime. Stop deceiving yourself

1 Like

Re: NLC To Resist Fuel Subsidy Removal And Increase In Petrol Price by Preciousnelly19: 10:06am On May 15, 2016
luvinhubby:
Buhari is another name for Bad news.

Rice - 8,500 to 15,000

Beans - 170 derica to 220 derica

Tomato paste - 35 - 60

Garri - 400 painter - 600 painter

Pure water - 100 per bag - 150 per bag.

Dollar - 220-$1 - 320-$1

Fuel - 87 per liter - 145 per liter

That's called CHANGE grin grin
Nigerians never see something

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fayose's Supporters Make New Presidential Campaign Poster / Bruises Spotted On Corpse Of Lucky Ayomanor Who Died In Police Custody (Graphic) / Osinbajo Visits Emir Sanusi In His Palace -.PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.