Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,881 members, 7,862,983 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 10:10 AM

Police Fires Tear Gas Into BRT Bus - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Fires Tear Gas Into BRT Bus (637 Views)

Protest Over Vcs Sack: Police Tear Gas NANS / Police Tear Gas Niger State Legislators / Jonathan’s Visit: Police Tear Gas Protesting Women In Imo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Fires Tear Gas Into BRT Bus by desgiezd(m): 6:31pm On Aug 14, 2009
Police Fires Teargass Into BRT Bus; Pregnant Woman, Others Collapse
August 14, 2009 14:49 (3 hours ago), 296 views

http://thepmnews.com/2009/08/14/police-fires-teargass-into-brt-buss-pregnant-woman-others-collapse

An unidentified pregnant woman was among the passengers who collapsed after inhaling teargas smoke fired into their vehicle by an enraged mobile policeman at Bolade, Oshodi, Lagos on Wednesday.

There was pandemonium immediately the teargas was fired into the bus, as commuters and passersby took to their heels. But the pregnant woman and some passengers were not that lucky, as they collapsed after inhaling the dangerous substance.

Trouble started when the driver of the BRT bus with registration number X 5509 AAA (10) refused to come down after hitting a mobile policeman on motorcycle.

The cop who claimed that he had been injured, asked the driver of the BRT bus to come down but the latter refused. The policeman insisted that the driver must take care of his medical bill and also repair his damaged motorcycle.

The BRT bus driver refused to come down from the bus and a scuffle ensued.

Soon, other mobile policemen came to the scene and tried to force the BRT bus driver to come down. In the process, they fired teargas into the bus carrying more than 46 passengers.

There was pandemonium as the passengers struggled to get out of the bus.

The pregnant woman and others who collapsed were rushed to a nearby clinic where they were treated.

The matter was reported at the Akinpelu police station, Oshodi where it was amicably resolved.
Re: Police Fires Tear Gas Into BRT Bus by desgiezd(m): 6:37pm On Aug 14, 2009
The Nigeria Police guys will never learn. How could someone fire tear gas into a bus filled with passengers and put the life of many into danger. I remember Chuba Okadigbo (Oyiiii of Oyii) died as a result of tear gas fired directly to where he was standing during a political rally. Being an asthma patient, he never recovered from the effect of the tear gas.

And how could this sort of matter be amicably resolved? What of the inconveniencies the people suffered? Or are they trying to tell us it was a family matter?
Re: Police Fires Tear Gas Into BRT Bus by Fhemmmy: 6:40pm On Aug 14, 2009
Na wa oh,
The driver messed up, the passengers and all on the BUS has to suffer for it.
I really would like to know what and how they thought all these touts in the name of cops on our street.
So now who will pay the hospital bills of the woman and her unborn baby, i hope the woman will be ok sha, else, those officers shd be used as samples to others
Re: Police Fires Tear Gas Into BRT Bus by RichyBlacK(m): 7:15pm On Aug 14, 2009
The NPF is a murderous gang of inept imbeciles!

The non-existence of a functioning judicial system has enabled them take the laws into their hands and kill and maim those they're supposed to protect!
Re: Police Fires Tear Gas Into BRT Bus by Fhemmmy: 7:17pm On Aug 14, 2009
i am gonna wait to hear Onovo on this one.
Re: Police Fires Tear Gas Into BRT Bus by nex(m): 7:32pm On Aug 14, 2009
The matter has been settled amicably!
Re: Police Fires Tear Gas Into BRT Bus by Fhemmmy: 7:35pm On Aug 14, 2009
Amicably my foot
Re: Police Fires Tear Gas Into BRT Bus by desgiezd(m): 2:34pm On Aug 15, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Amicably my foot

Perhaps these guys have a different dictionary that defines the word "amicable" in a manner that is different from the one we all know.

(1) (Reply)

Opc Brace Up / Who Will Sack Umaru Musa Yaradua For Mis-managing Nigeria? / 4 Months Ago, Some Group "Plotted" To Take Over These 5 Banks.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.