Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,974 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

UNILAG Student Arrested For Posting A Senior Staff's Photo On Facebook - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG Student Arrested For Posting A Senior Staff's Photo On Facebook (33311 Views)

Osula Daniel Enahoro, DELSU Student, Arrested / UNILAG Student Rusticated For Twerking With The Statue Of Former VC / Last Instagram Post Of UNILAG Student Who Died After An Outing With Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILAG Student Arrested For Posting A Senior Staff's Photo On Facebook by yvonne111(f): 3:00am On May 12, 2016
what of those that posted rip pix of ui vc
Re: UNILAG Student Arrested For Posting A Senior Staff's Photo On Facebook by playtheblues(f): 3:13am On May 12, 2016
He shouldn't have posted such with his real account.

Nobody likes to be mocked/insulted.

What he did can be said to be tantamount to libel and threat to life.

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Student Arrested For Posting A Senior Staff's Photo On Facebook by Closetoheart: 3:27am On May 12, 2016
Let's look at it this way: Can an employee post or repost this picture using his employer
This is very wrong on all levels

3 Likes

Re: UNILAG Student Arrested For Posting A Senior Staff's Photo On Facebook by Closetoheart: 3:28am On May 12, 2016
yvonne111:
what of those that posted rip pix of ui vc

Maybe the VC was not willing to press charges

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Student Arrested For Posting A Senior Staff's Photo On Facebook by jestkev(m): 4:07am On May 12, 2016
God oooooooo, exam period for dat mata. I pity de dud g.
Re: UNILAG Student Arrested For Posting A Senior Staff's Photo On Facebook by Pamelayoung: 5:22am On May 12, 2016
Not everything is to be joked with boy. Be cooling off till you learn to be disciplined n well mannered.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Student Arrested For Posting A Senior Staff's Photo On Facebook by zingobaby: 5:30am On May 12, 2016
This is bad,He just implicate himself

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Student Arrested For Posting A Senior Staff's Photo On Facebook by Reference(m): 5:42am On May 12, 2016
Silly boy. Is he aware that a lecturer and his entire family was abducted at UNICAL just a week ago. Lesson to others. Beware and be informed of your surroundings.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Student Arrested For Posting A Senior Staff's Photo On Facebook by menstrualpad: 5:49am On May 12, 2016
brajy:

Are u kidding me?

Are u kidding me?

Are u kidding me?
Please show Dr Karo this post .... He can be easily tracked down.

That's why Seun put the nairaland caveat.
Re: UNILAG Student Arrested For Posting A Senior Staff's Photo On Facebook by menstrualpad: 5:53am On May 12, 2016
EgunMogaji:
I'm sure that Dolapo Olusesi would agree with my signature right about now embarassed
Just sit-down in your US jeje your siggy is not related to this issue
Re: UNILAG Student Arrested For Posting A Senior Staff's Photo On Facebook by Nobody: 5:56am On May 12, 2016
menstrualpad:

Just sit-down in your US jeje your siggy is not related to this issue

Your opinion, but I disagree with it.

My sig fits and I am multi national.
Re: UNILAG Student Arrested For Posting A Senior Staff's Photo On Facebook by Nobody: 5:56am On May 12, 2016
DivaFiva:

I wonder how freedom of speech works...Hmmm

Hmmm... Unfortunately it doesn't work that way...really.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Student Arrested For Posting A Senior Staff's Photo On Facebook by menstrualpad: 5:57am On May 12, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Your opinion, but I disagree with it.

My sig fits and I am multi national.
An American spy.
Re: UNILAG Student Arrested For Posting A Senior Staff's Photo On Facebook by dominique(f): 5:58am On May 12, 2016
joshuamoses101:
are u 4 real??you must be a hypocrite,say sumthing like dis wen ur son is the victim.

I will teach my son not to go school and learn not go on threatening lives all over the social media. You know the kind of country we live in yet you go on and make such an expensive joke. Haven't you been reading about lecturers dying in the hands of cultists and kidnappers? Who in right mind will go on and issue such threat and expect to walk free?

If someone posts your father's picture on social media and captions it "I want to be dead rat", fold your arms and don't do anything about it o.

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Student Arrested For Posting A Senior Staff's Photo On Facebook by wintersnow(m): 6:00am On May 12, 2016
Nah davido twin
Re: UNILAG Student Arrested For Posting A Senior Staff's Photo On Facebook by Nobody: 6:00am On May 12, 2016
menstrualpad:

An American spy.

A Nigerian Neandrathal.
Re: UNILAG Student Arrested For Posting A Senior Staff's Photo On Facebook by Nobody: 6:08am On May 12, 2016
Really... a treat?? Mtcheeew.

Abeg check anynote.co
Re: UNILAG Student Arrested For Posting A Senior Staff's Photo On Facebook by ybalogs(m): 6:15am On May 12, 2016
What's wrong is wrong. Why will he post his dean's pics in the first place? As wrong as it is, it's definitely a bailable offence so why still keep holding him?
What's with our Nigerian policemen sef? They know the rules but keep breaking them. What do they expect from us then?Anyways, it's wrong to still hold Dolapo so make una just let #Freedolapo trend on all social media.
Re: UNILAG Student Arrested For Posting A Senior Staff's Photo On Facebook by texazzpete(m): 6:20am On May 12, 2016
Lol, are you serious OP?

What the student has done can be construed as a subtle threat. I can easily see why a police case was filed against him.

You people should be begging for him. Begging vigorously so they do not expel him. Instead you are defiant.

I hope you visit him to console him when he is at home writing JAMB
Re: UNILAG Student Arrested For Posting A Senior Staff's Photo On Facebook by OlujobaSamuel: 6:24am On May 12, 2016
Bollinger:

Na Nigerian mentality de do you. Of course i go vex if na my papa picture dem use. But the difference be say, no be criminal offence na civil offence. Na to go civil court go harsh am out. Na because una don too de used to the nonsense wey de happen for Nigeria that is why una no know how dem de do tins. Na the same mentality wey una de take justify burning person wey tif maggi. I carry yansh for una.
threat to life is a criminal offense that's why it's prosecuted by the state and not the individual involve. the victim only serve as witness.
NB: I have no take on the issue at hand, it's between a foolish law student and a tyrannical school officer.
Re: UNILAG Student Arrested For Posting A Senior Staff's Photo On Facebook by OlujobaSamuel: 6:30am On May 12, 2016
playtheblues:
He shouldn't have posted such with his real account.

Nobody likes to be mocked/insulted.

What he did can be said to be tantamount to libel.

it's even worse than libel ny bro, to put it aptly "I will kill you like a rat", that's what he wrote. Uttering it in words without records or witness could have been better, but typing it out on his image, opening facebook app, uploading the picture? hmmmmmmmmm, he no normal.
Re: UNILAG Student Arrested For Posting A Senior Staff's Photo On Facebook by playtheblues(f): 6:46am On May 12, 2016
Yes it is also threat to life.

Even if it is a repost, for him to repost it shows that he's in agreement with the original poster.

Some of these students join cults and then begin to act like hardened criminals.

OlujobaSamuel:

it's even worse than libel ny bro, to put it aptly "I will kill you like a rat", that's what he wrote. Uttering it in words without records or witness could have been better, but typing it out on his image, opening facebook app, uploading the picture? hmmmmmmmmm, he no normal.
Re: UNILAG Student Arrested For Posting A Senior Staff's Photo On Facebook by iukpe: 6:48am On May 12, 2016
Poster please talk to Abayomi Shogunle, Officer in Charge, Police Complaint Response Unit (CRU) might be able to advise you.

https://twitter.com/YomiShogunle
Re: UNILAG Student Arrested For Posting A Senior Staff's Photo On Facebook by menstrualpad: 6:57am On May 12, 2016
EgunMogaji:

A Nigerian Neandrathal.
Somorin don't engage me.
Re: UNILAG Student Arrested For Posting A Senior Staff's Photo On Facebook by Niyil: 6:57am On May 12, 2016
To be honest what the boy did is so wrong,it should serve as a lesson to other young students like him that freedom after speech is no longer guaranteed in Nigeria.
Re: UNILAG Student Arrested For Posting A Senior Staff's Photo On Facebook by Ezegozie(m): 7:01am On May 12, 2016
Why should he post such derogatory thing about a man old enough to be his father.
I thought Yorubas are very respectful.
It doesn't make sense at all and he should be seriously dealt with to serve as a lesson to others.
If it's in my school sef, he don enter serious wahala be that o o o.
What arrant nonsense.
I hate it when kids don't have respect for elders.
@ Op, you didn't tell us when he was messing someone's father up, na when he got arrested you dey tell us.
Re: UNILAG Student Arrested For Posting A Senior Staff's Photo On Facebook by neocortex: 7:16am On May 12, 2016
DivaFiva:

the perceived threat is arguable in the court of law no doubt.
But keeping him in custody and not taking him to court?
Needless to say the poor chap has no chance against a big man.
This is how it starts...Tomorrow, elected officials will demand for the same treatment.

That is a normal thing in Nigeria of today,
when someone accuse you, you are already guilty.
Re: UNILAG Student Arrested For Posting A Senior Staff's Photo On Facebook by Druss(m): 7:30am On May 12, 2016
He is an idiot. He should have made the post under a neutral account and then linked to it.
Re: UNILAG Student Arrested For Posting A Senior Staff's Photo On Facebook by Cadamlk: 7:40am On May 12, 2016
DivaFiva:

I wonder how freedom of speech works...Hmmm
But there are other English words that can be used other than 'dead' cos that word is obviously a threat.
We should be more careful when making a choice of word since freedom of speech does not apply in unguided uttrances.
It is quit unfortunate that the boy is just a victim.
Re: UNILAG Student Arrested For Posting A Senior Staff's Photo On Facebook by olagamalin(m): 7:41am On May 12, 2016
dominique:

I will teach my son not to go school and learn not go on threatening lives all over the social media. You know the kind of country we live in yet you go on and make such an expensive joke. Haven't you been reading about lecturers dying in the hands of cultists and kidnappers? Who in right mind will go on and issue such threat and expect to walk free?

If someone posts your father's picture on social media and captions it "I want to be dead rat", fold your arms and don't do anything about it o.

How is that a threat....there's a difference between a tort and a crime. At most, what Dolapo did is libel ....and doesn't warrant arresting him. Is there any reasonable apprehension of danger from such post ....You guys have to be careful on your misinformed views. Karo Igbinakka will not be the last person to be meme-fied on the internet. What's more, the poor boy just reposted it in the heat of the protest. You make it seem like it's an isolated incident. This same Dr Karo spearheaded the protest against the then President GEJ as regards name-changing.....it then begs the obvious question: At what time did he conveniently forget the tenets of fundamental human rights guaranteed by chapter 4 of the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria.
Re: UNILAG Student Arrested For Posting A Senior Staff's Photo On Facebook by Nobody: 7:46am On May 12, 2016
He really crossed boundary,, I thought they said he is a law student,,, is not lawful every reasonable lawyer knows that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

OAU Students Were Angry At Prof. Osinbajo, Ask Him To Apologise / University Of Ilorin Is A Terrorist Organisation - ASUU / 6 Sets Of Friends We All Had In Secondary School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.