Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,793 members, 7,851,671 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:05 AM

Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) (57566 Views)

President Buhari's Old Tweet Reacting To Fuel Scarcity During GEJ (pics) / Check What Osinbajo Said And You'd Feel Sorry For Him / Nigeria Lost N9t To Fuel Subsidy In Four Years,pdp Senators,reps. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by refreshrate: 7:20am On May 12, 2016
omenka:
What do these guys know. They are just inconsolable Wailers. These same people that have been coming here to shout "we've been buying fuel at N400 a litre" are now making so much noise it would be sold at 145. What sense is there in their position? cheesy

Name one thing the Nigerian Govt does for you as a citizen

...one benefit

You're comparing yourself with Saudi Arabia
Tunnel vision approach will not kill some "intellectuals"

11 Likes

Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by naijaboy756: 7:23am On May 12, 2016
refreshrate:

Name one thing the Nigerian Govt does for you as a citizen

...one benefit

You're comparing yourself with Saudi Arabia
Tunnel vision approach will not kill some "intellectuals"
imagine when a doctor declares a patient's case as hopeless!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by LoveMachine(m): 7:49am On May 12, 2016
chikel2000:
will u just shut up hypocrite or didn't u get d Op's topic? During GEJ admin what did u guys n PMB say then

C'mon fam no need for all that. Hypocrite? Not at all.

During the high crude season to deregulate would have been a problem. At present with the fall in price of crude coupled with the shortage of forex due in large part to the jamboree of looting the continuation of subsidy seems impossible.

Buhari said he would end subsidy and he has. That would seem to me as though he has made good on a campaign promise.

I'm not pro-APC nor pro-PDP. I'm pro-Naija! I love my people and I want to see us win. I supported the last gov't just like I will support the present gov't and the following. If and when they misstep I'll do my part to help them get back on their feet and provide good governance. I can't play opposition politics because I'm not a politician. I pray every elect official does an amazing job!

GEJ did some good things while in office but not enough to retain the presidency. At present, APC is in the Villa. I'd prefer to see them make good on their campaign promises. This past year has been rough but won't lie the GEJ years were bar none the roughest time of my life.

1 Like

Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by diegwu01: 7:52am On May 12, 2016
This was the best time to deregulate.
Kudos to Kachikwu
Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by chikel2000(m): 7:54am On May 12, 2016
LoveMachine:

C'mon fam no need for all that. Hypocrite? Not at all.

During the high crude season to deregulate would have been a problem. At present with the fall in price of crude coupled with the shortage of forex due in large part to the jamboree of looting the continuation of subsidy seems impossible.

Buhari said he would end subsidy and he has. That would seem to me as though he has made good on a campaign promise.

I'm not pro-APC nor pro-PDP. I'm pro-Naija! I love my people and I want to see us win. I supported the last gov't just like I will support the present gov't and the following. If and when they misstep I'll do my part to help them get back on their feet and provide good governance. I can't play opposition politics because I'm not a politician. I pray every elect official does an amazing job!

GEJ did some good things while in office but not enough to retain the presidency. At present, APC is in the Villa. I'd prefer to see them make good on their campaign promises. This past year has been rough but won't lie the GEJ years were bar none the roughest time of my life.
lolz, fam? Anyway do u have a job for me?
Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by Emasky4real(m): 8:00am On May 12, 2016
Most politicians say and do things not because they want the good of the masses, but to promote their own interest and enrich their own pocket.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by LoveMachine(m): 8:06am On May 12, 2016
chikel2000:
lolz, fam? Anyway do u have a job for me?

I'm working on it. wink
Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by diegwu01: 8:11am On May 12, 2016
omenka:
What do these guys know. They are just inconsolable Wailers. These same people that have been coming here to shout "we've been buying fuel at N400 a litre" are now making so much noise it would be sold at 145. What sense is there in their position? cheesy
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by okoro4: 8:56am On May 12, 2016
What a country!Nobody is trustworthy even our so called leaders
Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by titiakins: 9:12am On May 12, 2016
Hypocrites
Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by Lexusgs430: 9:14am On May 12, 2016
I am not surprised. All Politicians are liars!!!
Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by McLove(m): 9:14am On May 12, 2016
Nigeria is the only country where people defend their suffering

5 Likes

Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by HurtgenForest: 9:16am On May 12, 2016
Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by gurunlocker: 9:17am On May 12, 2016
2011 bubu said he oppose fuel subsidy removal, 2015 bubu said he doesn't know what subsidy is...2016, he removed that same subsidy . you can see this man is a Dullard and so confused.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by HurtgenForest: 9:17am On May 12, 2016
omenka:
iPod yoots and confusion..

Which Osinbajo in 2011?? cheesy

Even if Baba said so then, so what?? Are the conditions the same?? Una dey too damn emotional, these shildrens (apologies to Mama Peace).

You have no shame...

9 Likes

Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by Vveni(m): 9:17am On May 12, 2016
Deregulation is good but I'm not sure we are ready for it right now. Refineries are supposed to be all functional and several other palliative measures put in place first.

1 Like

Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by slap1(m): 9:17am On May 12, 2016
One chance driver and his pastor conductor.
Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by Nobody: 9:18am On May 12, 2016
Emekamex:
Some zombies are irredeemable, the hypocritical APC government killed our chance of full deregulation of the petroleum sector when conditions were way better by sponsoring senseless protests, only to lick their vomit later.

Actually it makes sense to deregulate whatever the condition...either way...savings are gained.

And even when conditions were good under GEJ.....the fact is most Nigerians were still finding it expensive
Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by Vveni(m): 9:18am On May 12, 2016
slap1:
One chance driver and his pastor conductor.

Hahahahaha leave my daddy in the lord o
Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by Nobody: 9:18am On May 12, 2016
omenka:

Even if Baba said so then, so what?? Are the conditions the same?? Una dey too damn emotional, these shildrens (apologies to Mama Peace).
You see wetin rice do you brain??

5 Likes

Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by Nobody: 9:20am On May 12, 2016
Vveni:
Deregulation is good but I'm not sure we are ready for it right now. Refineries are supposed to be all functional and several other palliative measures put in place first.

Good point...BUT....thanks to the drop in crude oil prices....we no longer have the revenue to do subsidy.

Even under GEJ.... removing the subsidy would have led to savings. Now...we even need the savings even more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by Checked86: 9:20am On May 12, 2016
Godgay:
your own zombiesm is powered by the sun
something like Solar zombi?

6 Likes

Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by AikayDaWrapper(m): 9:20am On May 12, 2016
LoveMachine:

Dubai, Saudi Arabia and other countries just cut their subsidies as well. The oil glut is hurting all of OPEC but it's easier to blame APC. Luckily, Nairaland doesn't determine gov't policy.
But tbf, those are countries who have constant power supply. They only really need the fuel for vehicles. In Nigeria everything is powered by petroleum.
Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by diagro: 9:20am On May 12, 2016
omenka:

Was Osinbajo yet 2be born in 2011? & what conditions have changed to justify d subsidy removal? Answer these questions if u are not a kettle calling a pot black (being 2 emotional & saying others are).

3 Likes

Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by Nobody: 9:20am On May 12, 2016
McLove:

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by kastroud(m): 9:21am On May 12, 2016
According to him, ‘Nigerians are being deceived
on the issue of fuel subsidy, The federal
government takes out fuel for refining, only to
come back and talk of removing the subsidy. That
is nonsense and an attempt by a clique with the
PDP led federal government to siphon the
proceeds to be realized from the removal of oil
subsidy”.

This was Buharis speech oooo he didn't lie he was just trying to save nigerians from our currupt PDP politicians
Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by Nobody: 9:22am On May 12, 2016
McLove:

Well....realistically in order for us to afford subsidy without issues....we need oil to be at $130 per barrel. Right now it is at $50 per barrel.

We are suffering...but we would suffer even more if we started spending money we do not have

(Unless you have an extra $80 per barrel of oil we sell to spare).
Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by Nobody: 9:24am On May 12, 2016
AikayDaWrapper:

But tbf, those are countries who have constant power supply. They only really need the fuel for vehicles. In Nigeria everything is powered by petroleum.

Either way....the fact that Saudi is cutting subsides...despite having the cash enough (they have $500bn in their savings).....means that Nigeria with far less money (25bn USD)...better start being frugal.

Look....if we want to pay for subsidy...oil price would have to be at $130 and above.
Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by huntax(m): 9:25am On May 12, 2016
I've been a zombie for too long, now, not anymore. Neither PDP nor APC have anything to offer this country. They are like two horn.y men fighting over a lady they won't end up marrying. The government that'll lead us to the promise land hasn't existed yet. Strap on Nigerians, fasten your seat belts, it's gonna be a long ride.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by Cocoyamu: 9:25am On May 12, 2016
Godgay:
your own zombiesm is powered by the sun
Meaning it is everlasting...

I Concur

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Saraki CCT Trial Speech: Receives 'lashes' From Nigerians (snapshots) / Who Is The Founder Of Labour Party In Nigeria? / El-Rufai’s Convoy Moves Close To Wabba In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.