Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,324 members, 7,860,778 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:11 PM

Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) (57578 Views)

President Buhari's Old Tweet Reacting To Fuel Scarcity During GEJ (pics) / Check What Osinbajo Said And You'd Feel Sorry For Him / Nigeria Lost N9t To Fuel Subsidy In Four Years,pdp Senators,reps. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by Raziii(m): 9:42am On May 12, 2016
maryjan8:
Politicians are dirty
very dirty dear... pity those who worship and hail them as the best we have.if these guys in APC are the best we have then we are in a big mess.
Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by LoveMachine(m): 9:43am On May 12, 2016
Kingspin:
Is it now u want to start talking.

What's the correlation of your post to mine?
Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by Ijaya123: 9:43am On May 12, 2016
henrysam:
If APC and APC supporters refused to apologise to GEJ. I will surely confirm they are animals as they are being referred to.
No wonder Buhari continue to clampdown on opposition.

APC to apologise for what?
Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by gp6liveth(m): 9:43am On May 12, 2016
My heart bleed that APC propaganda worked well. Their hypocritical utterance gave them an edge over PDP. The truth is that history will reckon them. Their failure in 2019 will be worst than that of the devil.

#IwantGEJback
Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by amsoslim(m): 9:44am On May 12, 2016
Wen @ #86 per litre we still buy fuel @ over 200 to 300/litre now dt d official pump price ve increase to #145 wat wil b faith of the poor Nigerians?#FuelSubsidy
Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by Saintp(m): 9:46am On May 12, 2016
omenka:
What do these guys know. They are just inconsolable Wailers. These same people that have been coming here to shout "we've been buying fuel at N400 a litre" are now making so much noise it would be sold at 145. What sense is there in their position? cheesy

The difference is that during that time, people can start forming queues from 12 midnight at NNPC to buy at N86 after spending 8 hours. You can call that "tough relief" but now even if you queue from yesterday at NNPC, it is now N145. Trust me, if NNPC sells at that price, other marketers will never sell less than N180. Do you get it?
Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by orobs93(m): 9:47am On May 12, 2016
rexbuton:

If you are waiting for NLC and TUC to determine what happens to you...

Wat do u want me to do kill ma self
Dey gat d guns and d money

I can't go and kill masef oh
Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by bayinq25(m): 9:47am On May 12, 2016
omenka:
iPod yoots and confusion..

Which Osinbajo in 2011?? cheesy

Even if Baba said so then, so what?? Are the conditions the same?? Una dey too damn emotional, these shildrens (apologies to Mama Peace).
Abeg help me ask them.How much was oil sold globally then?

1 Like

Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by Dexema(m): 9:49am On May 12, 2016
kastroud:
Corroborating Chief Oyegun, one of the most
brilliant lawyers in Nigeria today, Professor
Yemi Osinbajo said removal of subsidy does
not in any way solve the problems on hand
now. He said: “What I think we have is a
situation where there is a track record of
mismanagement of resources especially at the
federal level. It is apparent from what we see
that there is no new road that has been built
for the past twelve years.
Even in the power sector, billions of naira
have been expended and nothing has
changed. He concluded that removal of
removal of subsidy on petroleum products
would not solve the problems until a genuine
attempt is made at addressing the problem of
mismanagement. “For me, putting in more
money in the hands of government by way of
subsidy is not the solution and we seemed not
to be addressing the problem. What is
important now is to change the attitude of
mismanagement of resources

Looking at both of their speeches one can say they never rejected the economic value of subsidy removal just the fact that removing subsidy would have put more money in the hands of yam eaters and less money in the common man
for this post may God bless you , abeg just go any NNPC megastation tell them say dexema talk say make dem give you 50 litres of fuel.
Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by Nbote(m): 9:49am On May 12, 2016
D stench of hypocrisy oozing from dis govt and it's dumb supporters oozes to the high heavens... It's annoying enof dat d morons will still look for excuses to applaud every vomit the govt goes back to.. D confusion of dis govt is legendary as dey are yet to even come up with a Policy of theirs. So far all I see is the govt reverting to most policies of the so-called "clueless" one.
Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by Raziii(m): 9:50am On May 12, 2016
LoveMachine:

Dubai, Saudi Arabia and other countries just cut their subsidies as well. The oil glut is hurting all of OPEC but it's easier to blame APC. Luckily, Nairaland doesn't determine gov't policy.
shut your mouth, shut your mouth ok... you don't live in Nigeria right, does Saudi Arabia import the product? go out there and see the effect the hike is already having. just stick to telling us we need to suffer before things gets better instead of this.

1 Like

Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by Histrings08(m): 9:51am On May 12, 2016
omenka:
What do these guys know. They are just inconsolable Wailers. These same people that have been coming here to shout "we've been buying fuel at N400 a litre" are now making so much noise it would be sold at 145. What sense is there in their position? cheesy
... This country is full of shit nd mongrels I can't believe you're justifying this tyranny... Smh
Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by ITbomb(m): 9:54am On May 12, 2016
VictorRomanov:

The subsidy removal is a welcome development. It is much like the deregulation of telecommunications sector. At first people bought lines for 50k+ but now line is free. You only pay for recharge cards. I believe the same thing would happen to petrol, hopefully. My only annoyance is that we are 4 years late. Because the same people who are championing it now, were the same people who instigated protests all over the country. What was their motives back then? What has changed now? You talked about conditions, what conditions has changed?

Looking at it carefully, I've come to see that politicians care little or nothing about the masses. Their only concern is to wrestling down power from their opponents, even if this means being unreasonable. And my friend, its so unfortunate that u have refused to see this!
It's been long I saw an objective post like this on nairaland

1 Like

Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by Raziii(m): 9:55am On May 12, 2016
one thing is obviously clear right now. this govt is using us as a test tube... testing it's policies on us. after all the noise about how marketers are the devil, making us go through so much pains cos NNPC became the sole importer, at the end, you have left us at the mercy of the same people you accused of being behind our suffering. shameful!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by LoveMachine(m): 9:58am On May 12, 2016
Raziii:
shut your mouth, shut your mouth ok... you don't live in Nigeria right, does Saudi Arabia import the product? go out there and see the effect the hike is already having. just stick to telling us we need to suffer before things gets better instead of this.

When did all these tough guys invade NL? I swear! You weigh less than a buck twenty with a pocket full of rocks but you'll fix your hands to type something so brazen.

Now onto your ridiculous post. These gov'ts aren't risking social unrest and political upheaval just for the sake of it.

There is no other option at hand. Saudi just fired their oil minister after 20 years of service because he essentially caused this by trying to kill us shale. Obama pulled a fast one on him when he removed Oran's sanctions and allowed us shale to export.

These are trying times for the global economy. I'm not of the train of thought that says things have to get worse to get better. The suffering must stop immediately but I won't jump out the window on policy that is in line with the present global economy.

Get your mind right.
Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by omenka(m): 10:02am On May 12, 2016
hedonistic:

You're a fantastically senseless monstrosity of a human being. Reading these hypocritical comments of yours imbues one with barely controllable rage. Make I no catch you for dark corner one day.
Go to hell boy.
Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by saintandsinnerz: 10:04am On May 12, 2016
omenka:
iPod yoots and confusion..

Which Osinbajo in 2011?? cheesy

Even if Baba said so then, so what?? Are the conditions the same?? Una dey too damn emotional, these shildrens (apologies to Mama Peace).
Sometimes I do wonder if you are alright
Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by miqos02(m): 10:06am On May 12, 2016
hmmm
Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by omenka(m): 10:07am On May 12, 2016
bayinq25:
Ahap. Ask a people that have sworn to remain miserable for at least the next three years what naw?? cheesy

They may use Oshio Baba's advice for all I care. Bloody hypocrites.

Same people that supported and are still supporting the ineffectual buffoon when he said "I don't give a damn" now find it sacrilegious I support my dear President.

Dem never see nothing.
Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by PrinceAfo911(m): 10:10am On May 12, 2016
When you tell people not to smoke because smoke kills later you start smoking with reckless abandon and the same people ask you why?
You start blabbing.

Why do what you condemn.
An act of hypocrisy.
Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by jzdoberman: 10:11am On May 12, 2016
Godgay:
your own zombiesm is powered by the sun

grin grin grin guy u wicked ooo!!!
DAT mean say him zombiesm na Everlasting!!!
Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by matthade: 10:11am On May 12, 2016
HMMM...AM JUST PASSING BY. UNEASILY LIES THE HEAD THAT...
Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by bayinq25(m): 10:12am On May 12, 2016
omenka:
Ahap. Ask a people that have sworn to remain miserable for at least the next three years what naw?? cheesy

They may use Oshio Baba's advice for all I care. Bloody hypocrites.

Same people that supported and are still supporting the ineffectual buffoon when he said "I don't give a damn" now find it sacrilegious I support my dear President.

Dem never see nothing.
True talk,Nigerians want direct enjoyment without a phase.When oil price was high,Jonathan And his 40thieves looted the treasury with ease.If they say the president hasn't prosecuted anyone,is the president the judiciary and the senate?

1 Like

Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by diagro: 10:16am On May 12, 2016
omenka:
Crude oil isn't selling for the same price it was in 2011. Nigeria isn't earning as much as it was in 2011. We don't have as much forex as we did in 2011 to sustain the continuation of such a policy.

You have your answer.
Do u agree now that governance goes far more than self endorsement? That it's all about idea? Have all these lacks u mentioned suddenly surfaced in under one year of Buhari? Can u for once now reclaim ur reputation by admitting d obvious 4 once: dat Buhari, at least, is not getting it all right? That, in fact, he is getting a lot of things wrong? Why are u wasting this ur powerful brain to serve Buhari rather than the truth? For u Buhari is ALWAYS right. Is he ur God? Even if he's paying u for this, why not be more subtle to be more believable? I believe ur worth is far more than this. Do u know dat those who opposed subsidy removal in 2012 helped to stop d country from saving for the rainy day which is 2day?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by Image123(m): 10:16am On May 12, 2016
omenka:

If Buhari no change, he's considered rigid,archaic, despotic and gworo chewing. If he changes, he is considered a certificate less,burukutu sipping hypocrite. The opposition in this country is scaringly weak.
Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by Pavarottii(m): 10:16am On May 12, 2016
Ijaya123:

Unfortunately, whatever you wish for them, you will be the one to suffer the worse fit it.

Keep wishing evil. You only get what you wish for.
That's how they wished GEJ too. Or u were nt aware. After all their wish, I enjoyed during his tenure. So u think is my wish that will make bbuhari fail or pass. Be there.
Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by omenka(m): 10:18am On May 12, 2016
diagro:
Do u agree now that governance goes far more than self endorsement? That it's all about idea? Have all these lacks u mentioned suddenly surfaced in under one year of Buhari? Can u for once now reclaim ur reputation by admitting d obvious 4 once: dat Buhari, at least, is not getting it all right? That, in fact, he is getting a lot of things wrong? Why are u wasting this ur powerful brain to serve Buhari rather than the truth? For u Buhari is ALWAYS right. Is he ur God? Even if he's paying u for this, why not be more subtle to be more believable? I believe ur worth is far more than this. Do u know dat those who opposed subsidy removal in 2012 helped to stop d country from saving for the rainy day which is 2day?
It is veeeeeeeeeeeeeeery difficult fixing you man. cheesy

Bye. And have a very lovely day. wink
Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by emmygzy(m): 10:18am On May 12, 2016
bayinq25:
but wait. Why 145 now? I think since oil has come down to 40, oil should still be good at 87 naira or at worst 100 naira also APC said the refineries are now producing petrol meaning the amount they're importing has reduced. When Jonathan reduced it to 87, oil was still selling for about 70 dollars per barrel and the refineries were not working. I smell scamming from APC.

1 Like

Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by Raziii(m): 10:21am On May 12, 2016
LoveMachine:

When did all these tough guys invade NL? I swear! You weigh less than a buck twenty with a pocket full of rocks but you'll fix your hands to type something so brazen.

Now onto your ridiculous post. These gov'ts aren't risking social unrest and political upheaval just for the sake of it.

There is no other option at hand. Saudi just fired their oil minister after 20 years of service because he essentially caused this by trying to kill us shale. Obama pulled a fast one on him when he removed Oran's sanctions and allowed us shale to export.

These are trying times for the global economy. I'm not of the train of thought that says things have to get worse to get better. The suffering must stop immediately but I won't jump out the window on policy that is in line with the present global economy.

Get your mind right.
now that's a better and more objective way of supporting the decision of the govt and not reminding us how we always blame the APC... they are in power and when their decisions will bite hard on us, they take the blow... instead of you guys to come here and make it look like we are crazy for complaining, give us a reason not to. in other countries, do they use the fuel to run their generators at home? you can decide to park your car at home and use the public transport, here the prices has gone up 100%. just like the tariff hike, I still use the old meter that is estimated, even if I decide not to use electricity again, they keep bringing the bill, so I have no choice but to use it. So what I am trying to say is, it's not just looking at the policies, but it's effect on the people. subsidy removal, good one but how wil it affect the poor man, what has the govt provided to make sure he doesn't die of suffering. I'm not daft to know oil subsidy removal is the best policy, I am looking at its immediate effect on the masses. and it just doesn't look good. we have suffered a lot. why run round a circle all this while?
Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by Goke7: 10:22am On May 12, 2016
Image123:

If Buhari no change, he's considered rigid,archaic, despotic and gworo chewing. If he changes, he is considered a certificate less,burukutu sipping hypocrite. The opposition in this country is scaringly weak.

there is no opposition in Nigeria but those who have chosen not get over with the loss of GEJ, I understand their pain, they had never been in opposition from their political history, they are like fish taken out of its natural environment [water] and keep struggling to come to terms with its new environment.

Let them wail on, FG is broke, almost 30 states can't pay salaries, yet they want subsidy to remain. The same subsidy they supported their beloved GEJ to remove way back.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Valentine: MC Oluomo To His 3 Wives, “I Will Never Make You Shed Tears" / 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis / Deaconess Emerald Udeakaji Resigns As Governor Umahi’s Aide ‘To Save Marriage’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.