Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,304 members, 7,860,745 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:30 PM

Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) (57577 Views)

President Buhari's Old Tweet Reacting To Fuel Scarcity During GEJ (pics) / Check What Osinbajo Said And You'd Feel Sorry For Him / Nigeria Lost N9t To Fuel Subsidy In Four Years,pdp Senators,reps. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by Khalifa100(m): 9:27am On May 12, 2016
hmmmmm comments my reserve, jst watching in 6D , cos I'm opposed to removal of fuel subsidy during GEJ nd stil in opposition to it removal in Dis regime. wish PMB long life nd prosperity PMB till 2019 nd APC till d rite party comes
Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by henrysam(m): 9:27am On May 12, 2016
If APC and APC supporters refused to apologise to GEJ. I will surely confirm they are animals as they are being referred to.
No wonder Buhari continue to clampdown on opposition.
Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by diegwu01: 9:27am On May 12, 2016
Subsidy removal under the previous administration would have been disastrous judging by
their massive Corruption credentials, the case is different under PMB and Osinbajo.
Still waiting [i][/i]to hear a known intelligent public figure condemn this move this time around.
its been praises from rational folks since the announcement was made.
Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by xest(m): 9:27am On May 12, 2016
omenka:
iPod yoots and confusion..

Which Osinbajo in 2011?? cheesy

Even if Baba said so then, so what?? Are the conditions the same?? Una dey too damn emotional, these shildrens (apologies to Mama Peace).
APC sycophant, that's Wat u are
Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by sarutobie(m): 9:28am On May 12, 2016
McLove:
Nigeria is the only country where people defend their suffering
in one sentence, this poster sums up the zombie populace...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by chubbygal(f): 9:28am On May 12, 2016
sad

1 Like

Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by Nobody: 9:29am On May 12, 2016
Osinbanjo didnt know he will become the vp of Nigeria back then. grin
Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by kastroud(m): 9:29am On May 12, 2016
Corroborating Chief Oyegun, one of the most
brilliant lawyers in Nigeria today, Professor
Yemi Osinbajo said removal of subsidy does
not in any way solve the problems on hand
now. He said: “What I think we have is a
situation where there is a track record of
mismanagement of resources especially at the
federal level. It is apparent from what we see
that there is no new road that has been built
for the past twelve years.
Even in the power sector, billions of naira
have been expended and nothing has
changed. He concluded that removal of
removal of subsidy on petroleum products
would not solve the problems until a genuine
attempt is made at addressing the problem of
mismanagement. “For me, putting in more
money in the hands of government by way of
subsidy is not the solution and we seemed not
to be addressing the problem. What is
important now is to change the attitude of
mismanagement of resources

Looking at both of their speeches one can say they never rejected the economic value of subsidy removal just the fact that removing subsidy would have put more money in the hands of yam eaters and less money in the common man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by tbaby4u(f): 9:31am On May 12, 2016
luvinhubby:
True liars faces being unveiled daily in Nigeria.

APC is a fraudulent congregation of liars.

Buhari is BAD LUCK. APC is poo
Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by JoeBlocks(m): 9:33am On May 12, 2016
Shortyy:

You're a hypocritical bastard. (Report me as usual. Fvcking coward.
Jeezz! Gurl you need to let off some stem.
Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by diegwu01: 9:33am On May 12, 2016
McLove:
Nigeria is the only country where people defend their suffering
Rational People are willing to make sacrifices if they trust / believe in the decisions of their leaders and know better times await them very soon.
Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by Joe171(m): 9:34am On May 12, 2016
BeardedMeat:
APC politicians are dirtier! Stone them on the skull wherever you see them for scamming Nigerians.
I think you allowed yourself to be scammed.
I did not vote APC neither did I vote PDP.
That's why I don't complain about these guys, all I want is God's blessings to make me live above all this shiiiit.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by Brethren001(m): 9:35am On May 12, 2016
SMH in dismay
Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by omenka(m): 9:36am On May 12, 2016
diagro:
Was Osinbajo yet 2be born in 2011? & what conditions have changed to justify d subsidy removal? Answer these questions if u are not a kettle calling a pot black (being 2 emotional & saying others are).
Crude oil isn't selling for the same price it was in 2011. Nigeria isn't earning as much as it was in 2011. We don't have as much forex as we did in 2011 to sustain the continuation of such a policy.

You have your answer.
Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by 400billionman: 9:37am On May 12, 2016
marshalcarter:
Vote buhari/osibanjo 2019 for change cheesy

We have had enough Change ing..
Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by Nobody: 9:37am On May 12, 2016
omenka:

Even if Baba said so then, so what?? Are the conditions the same?? Una dey too damn emotional, these shildrens (apologies to Mama Peace).
Are n't you ashamed sometimes?
I don't know how much APC are paying you for supporting every steps they take whether good or bad.
But remember we all are suffering it.
Next government might not favour you.
Lastly, shun tribalism it wont help our nation as you can see even Housa's, Yoruba's are lamenting.
Trust the ibo's if you like make fuel 1000naira per litres it's our business.

1 Like

Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by Pavarottii(m): 9:37am On May 12, 2016
omenka:

God will also punish all those that fought against GEJ removal of subsidy. Well God is already punishing APC. As long as they deceived Nigerians and told lies and propaganda against a good man GEJ. They will never av it rosy 4 their 4years. It will be from one problem to d other for buhari and APC. They will never av high revenue generation like GEJ enjoyed. They won't even av monies to steal, shebi APC ministers and governors are already complaining. That's how they will complain and cry 4 4years.

God does not sleep nor slumber.

Quote me anywhere.

Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by Laredojohn(m): 9:38am On May 12, 2016
Rather sad, I have always known that Govt. Hardly have a plan for common Nigerians "I share in the pains of Nigerians" is all we hear every now and then, do they really do They live in affluence, move in convoys, have access to the best medical services and the likes, they never suffer what the ordinary man on the street suffers, yet they quote this statement, I remember a present Minister now say back then as a Governor that fuel price should reduce because the international price of crude has dropped, what will he say now I remember watching and seeing people Occupy the MKO Abiola park at Ojota Lagos all for this same purpose, should we have endured it then and gotten used to it, than now when everything seems hard and difficult...fx rate poor, food prices high, no power, unemployment on the high side, no wage increase, fuel increase is all we got....God help us, but we ultimately need to help ourselves too
Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by Ijaya123: 9:38am On May 12, 2016
Emekamex:
Some zombies are irredeemable, the hypocritical APC government killed our chance of full deregulation of the petroleum sector when conditions were way better by sponsoring senseless protests, only to lick their vomit later.

Was APC in existence in 2012?

Reason with your head, that is what it is meant for.
Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by Silentmind(m): 9:39am On May 12, 2016
Godgay:
your own zombiesm is powered by the sun

Chisos! Guy I just laugh in front my boss.

You really broke me!

Wickedness in high places.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by godwin120alex: 9:39am On May 12, 2016
So unfortunate how selfish pple can be.
Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by rexbuton: 9:40am On May 12, 2016
orobs93:
Either Nigerian where still going to suffer

Lemme watch and see wat NLC and TUC wud do

If you are waiting for NLC and TUC to determine what happens to you...
Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by Kingspin(m): 9:40am On May 12, 2016
LoveMachine:

Dubai, Saudi Arabia and other countries just cut their subsidies as well. The oil glut is hurting all of OPEC but it's easier to blame APC. Luckily, Nairaland doesn't determine gov't policy.
Is it now u want to start talking.
Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by Ijaya123: 9:41am On May 12, 2016
Pavarottii:

God will also punish all those that fought against GEJ removal of subsidy. Well God is already punishing APC. As long as they deceived Nigerians and told lies and propaganda against a good man GEJ. They will never av it rosy 4 their 4years. It will be from one problem to d other for buhari and APC. They will never av high revenue generation like GEJ enjoyed. They won't even av monies to steal, shebi APC ministers and governors are already complaining. That's how they will complain and cry 4 4years.

God does not sleep nor slumber.

Quote me anywhere.

Unfortunately, whatever you wish for them, you will be the one to suffer the worse fit it.

Keep wishing evil. You only get what you wish for.

1 Like

Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by LoveMachine(m): 9:41am On May 12, 2016
AikayDaWrapper:

But tbf, those are countries who have constant power supply. They only really need the fuel for vehicles. In Nigeria everything is powered by petroleum.

They even cut electricity subsidies. I see what you are saying though. This isn't an easy situation any way we cut it. All I know is we haven't come this far just to come this far. We'll win in the end. We are a mighty people.
Re: Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) by Nobody: 9:42am On May 12, 2016
omenka:
Crude oil isn't selling for the same price it was in 2011. Nigeria isn't earning as much as it was in 2011. We don't have as much forex as we did in 2011 to sustain the continuation of such a policy.

You have your answer.
Our own oil reduces price at international market, instead of the local price to be reduce too it's now increases. Hahaha!
Are we now paying the subsidy for the international buyers?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis / Valentine: MC Oluomo To His 3 Wives, “I Will Never Make You Shed Tears" / Deaconess Emerald Udeakaji Resigns As Governor Umahi’s Aide ‘To Save Marriage’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.