Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,761 members, 7,813,522 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:25 PM

Why Is She Doing This? Or Am I Wrong For Feeling This Way? Is It A NAIJA Ting? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Is She Doing This? Or Am I Wrong For Feeling This Way? Is It A NAIJA Ting? (833 Views)

Is It Wrong For A Man To Move Into His Wife's House After Marriage? / Was I Wrong Opening Up To My Husband? / What is she doing (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is She Doing This? Or Am I Wrong For Feeling This Way? Is It A NAIJA Ting? by conniegirls(f): 6:56am On May 12, 2016
I know someone who has cancer.

She has literally told everyone, IMO she should have just told her family and close friends. Nope, she has told them as well as everyone - neighbours, her new neighbour in new area, builder that was doing the house, she even told the estate agent when she wanted to sell the house. She has literally told everyone.

Now people feel as though they have access to our life and know everything about our life.

Why?

Does she not realise that people will be looking at her and her family with pity and looking down on them?

Does she not realise that some people will even be secretly happy?

I only tell my problems to GOD, and people who I know 100% care about me, or people who can help me.

Why tell my problems to people wey go fit take am gossip?

Or am I wrong?
And no, I am not saying this to get in the greens - I am just getting this off my chest.

BE A FRIENDLY NICE PERSON, BUT KEEP YOUR PERSONAL LIFE PRIVATE. Your friend of today can be your enemy of tomorrow! Not everyone that smiles in your face is your friend.
Re: Why Is She Doing This? Or Am I Wrong For Feeling This Way? Is It A NAIJA Ting? by Nobody: 7:12am On May 12, 2016
Maybe thats her way of dealing with it.
She is the one who knows where the shoe is pinching
What you need to do is to support her
There is too much secrecy, burying our head, stigma and God forbid about cancer
It shouldnt be like that

5 Likes

Re: Why Is She Doing This? Or Am I Wrong For Feeling This Way? Is It A NAIJA Ting? by conniegirls(f): 7:18am On May 12, 2016
but is it a good way of dealing it?

should you not keep your private matter private? why tell estate agent for god sakes, you want to buy a house you go and tell the estate agent that will sell your house??
tearoses:
Maybe thats her way of dealing with it.
She is the one who knows where the shoe is pinching
What you need to do is to support her
There is too much secrecy, burying our head, stigma and God forbid about cancer
It shouldnt be like that
Re: Why Is She Doing This? Or Am I Wrong For Feeling This Way? Is It A NAIJA Ting? by Nobody: 8:24am On May 12, 2016
conniegirls:
but is it a good way of dealing it?

should you not keep your private matter private? why tell estate agent for god sakes, you want to buy a house you go and tell the estate agent that will sell your house??

She is the person who is going through it so she knows how best to deal with it
Some people take comfort in talking about their illness
Some dont
We all have different coping mechanisms
Counselling as we know it is mainly to get people to talk about their fears and everything else they have bottled up
Besides talking about things sometimes brings you in contact with someone who can help the situation
Do you know that that estate agent may have an oncologist expert family member?
You never know

2 Likes

Re: Why Is She Doing This? Or Am I Wrong For Feeling This Way? Is It A NAIJA Ting? by Nobody: 8:37am On May 12, 2016
This weekend I am going for a Macmillan cancer charity event and will wear that T-shirt with pride
This event is aimed at black people in my community.

The black community is too "God forbid thats not my portion" when it comes to cancer......whose portion is it then? Who asks and prays for such?

In the past 2 years I have lost 2 friends to it. One of them didn't mention it until the very end. I cant imagine how lonely she would have felt during that period but no one knew. That really hurts me. When I think of the number of times I drove past her house, but not stopping by because I wasn't aware that there was anything wrong.

We are more at risk now than ever before due to the rubbish food that is being imported and the methods dubious people use to grow, prepare and deliver our food to us now.

The frozen turkeys and chickens we buy only God knows what they fed them and how many times they have been frozen and thawed.
What chemicals are used to make those pure water sachets we buy every day.

Cancer is not always a death sentence.

1 Like

Re: Why Is She Doing This? Or Am I Wrong For Feeling This Way? Is It A NAIJA Ting? by conniegirls(f): 8:41am On May 12, 2016
she wasn't but fair enough, i understand what you are saying.
tearoses:

She is the person who is going through it so she knows how best to deal with it
Some people take comfort in talking about their illness
Some dont
We all have different coping mechanisms
Counselling as we know it is mainly to get people to talk about their fears and everything else they have bottled up
Besides talking about things sometimes brings you in contact with someone who can help the situation
Do you know that that estate agent may have an oncologist expert family member?
You never know
Re: Why Is She Doing This? Or Am I Wrong For Feeling This Way? Is It A NAIJA Ting? by treasuredkids(f): 11:45am On May 12, 2016
Hmmm!!! I may not be in the position to know why she's telling everyone her medical issues. What I have to say to her is that I desire her to be healed of that ailment. No chemo whatsoever. Let her go on a strict diet of soursop fruit and its leaves. She can Google it up and be more convinced of the healing capacity of that fruit. Thank me when she there's no trace of cancer in her again.
conniegirls:
I know someone who has cancer.

She has literally told everyone, IMO she should have just told her family and close friends. Nope, she has told them as well as everyone - neighbours, her new neighbour in new area, builder that was doing the house, she even told the estate agent when she wanted to sell the house. She has literally told everyone.

Now people feel as though they have access to our life and know everything about our life.

Why?

Does she not realise that people will be looking at her and her family with pity and looking down on them?

Does she not realise that some people will even be secretly happy?

I only tell my problems to GOD, and people who I know 100% care about me, or people who can help me.

Why tell my problems to people wey go fit take am gossip?

Or am I wrong?
And no, I am not saying this to get in the greens - I am just getting this off my chest.

BE A FRIENDLY NICE PERSON, BUT KEEP YOUR PERSONAL LIFE PRIVATE. Your friend of today can be your enemy of tomorrow! Not everyone that smiles in your face is your friend.

(1) (Reply)

Your Marriage, Where Do You Put God? / Ughelli North L.G.A Marriage Registry. I Need Urgent Information. / Making ‘omugwo’ Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.