Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,549 members, 7,955,045 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:18 PM

I Predicted The Coming Of Boko Haram 16 Years Ago – Audu Ogbeh - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Predicted The Coming Of Boko Haram 16 Years Ago – Audu Ogbeh (10830 Views)

I Predicted Nigerians Would Be Victims Of Buhari-apc ‘one-chance’ Bus - Abati / President Buhari: I predicted April 2015 white imperialists will poison him / Audu Ogbeh: "Us-Based Nigerians Can Return If Trump Makes Life Difficult" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Predicted The Coming Of Boko Haram 16 Years Ago – Audu Ogbeh by DONSMITH123(m): 8:44am On May 12, 2016
Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Chief Audu Ogbeh, has stated that he predicted the emergence of Boko Haram insurgency 16 years ago.

Ogbeh said he had warned northern elders to guard against it by that ensuring youths in the region were productively engaged in agriculture.

The minister recalled that the insurgency, which he predicted would wear a religious guise would have been prevented if his warning had been taken by the northern leaders he addressed in Kaduna in the year, 2000.

Ogbeh made the disclosure when he spoke at the second day of the third edition of the Ogun State Investors’ Forum.

“16 years ago, I foresaw the coming of Boko Haram sect. Then, I warned northern leaders to engage their youths productively in agriculture but no one listened me,” he said.

He stated further that government should make agriculture attractive to the youth to stem rural-urban migration, and put measures in place to encourage small scale farmers and others in agro-allied sector.

According to him, because of 10 per cent viscosity and starch found in Nigeria’s cassava, the product was in high demand in China.

He urged the Ogun State government to take advantage of the opportunity and invest in cassava farming and processing.

“We need about one million tonnes of cassava per annum in Nigeria and in the next five years, it will rise to eight million tonnes.

“Apart from that, about $480million is being spent to import ethanol every year. So, I suggest that Ogun State and of course Nigeria, should take advantage of this and diversify in the cultivation as well as processing of this all important farm produce. Rice, vegetable, soya beans and sugar cane farming are other areas,” he added.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/05/12/i-predicted-the-coming-of-boko-haram-16-years-ago-audu-ogbeh/

1 Like

Re: I Predicted The Coming Of Boko Haram 16 Years Ago – Audu Ogbeh by Davbams(m): 8:47am On May 12, 2016
So?

we shud clap for u or wah

wrong news!!

5 Likes

Re: I Predicted The Coming Of Boko Haram 16 Years Ago – Audu Ogbeh by OsusuMustFlow(f): 8:48am On May 12, 2016
Why this old man no just look for something else to say nah. Na by force to open your mouth neh?

3 Likes

Re: I Predicted The Coming Of Boko Haram 16 Years Ago – Audu Ogbeh by madridguy(m): 8:48am On May 12, 2016
I foresee more dangerous sect than ISIS in Nigeria in coming years if Education is not prioritize. You cannot leave a grown up man be working around idle as Al-Majiri and you want peace in such society.

Good Education is the only way to curb terrorism, militancy, kidnapping to mention few among fastest growing crimes in Nigeria.

15 Likes

Re: I Predicted The Coming Of Boko Haram 16 Years Ago – Audu Ogbeh by greatgod2012(f): 8:51am On May 12, 2016
And as part of the people in power then, what did he/they do about engaging the Northern youths?

1 Like

Re: I Predicted The Coming Of Boko Haram 16 Years Ago – Audu Ogbeh by PureWays(m): 8:53am On May 12, 2016
OsusuMustFlow:
Why this old man no just look for something else to say nah. Na by force to open your mouth neh?
Every Politician speaks to stay relevant..

And of course, staying relevant is a great deal In Politics.

2 Likes

Re: I Predicted The Coming Of Boko Haram 16 Years Ago – Audu Ogbeh by bonechamberlain(m): 9:04am On May 12, 2016
nonsense angry u predicted it, how did you assist the previous govt in making sure it was eradicated.
Re: I Predicted The Coming Of Boko Haram 16 Years Ago – Audu Ogbeh by evansvenus(m): 9:06am On May 12, 2016
And what is our business with that?

Ever since jonathan left..his agricultural policies has been reduced to doldrums..minister of agric what happened to jonathan's

cassva bread initiative?

Sorghum and millet agricultural feat? Nigeria was one of the largest exporter of sorghum during jonathan's era.

and all other agricultural initiatives set up by femi adeshina?

this govt plan on diversifying the economy..yet the agriculture ministry got a paltry sum!

2 Likes

Re: I Predicted The Coming Of Boko Haram 16 Years Ago – Audu Ogbeh by Sparrow13: 9:07am On May 12, 2016
how will this bring down the price of fuel
Re: I Predicted The Coming Of Boko Haram 16 Years Ago – Audu Ogbeh by OsusuMustFlow(f): 9:22am On May 12, 2016
really? by saying what is off records?

PureWays:
Every Politician speaks to stay relevant..

And of course, staying relevant is a great deal In Politics.
Re: I Predicted The Coming Of Boko Haram 16 Years Ago – Audu Ogbeh by stephnie1(f): 9:27am On May 12, 2016
mtchew
Re: I Predicted The Coming Of Boko Haram 16 Years Ago – Audu Ogbeh by stephnie1(f): 9:27am On May 12, 2016
Thank you sir. Well said.

evansvenus:

Ever since jonathan left..his agricultural policies has been reduced to doldrums..minister of agric what happened to jonathan's

cassva bread initiative?

Sorghum and millet agricultural feat? Nigeria was one of the largest exporter of sorghum during jonathan's era.

this govt plan on diversifying the economy..yet the agriculture ministry got a paltry sum!
Re: I Predicted The Coming Of Boko Haram 16 Years Ago – Audu Ogbeh by SweetLove0(f): 9:29am On May 12, 2016
so?

Make we clap hand for you?
Re: I Predicted The Coming Of Boko Haram 16 Years Ago – Audu Ogbeh by SweetLove0(f): 9:29am On May 12, 2016
i tire o

bonechamberlain:
nonsense angry u predicted it, how did you assist the previous govt in making sure it was eradicated.

1 Like

Re: I Predicted The Coming Of Boko Haram 16 Years Ago – Audu Ogbeh by Nobody: 9:30am On May 12, 2016
Smtcheeeeew!

Re: I Predicted The Coming Of Boko Haram 16 Years Ago – Audu Ogbeh by OnankpaBa(m): 9:42am On May 12, 2016
evansvenus:

cassva bread initiative?

Which Jonathan? The Farm mama peace and Jonathan converted to themselves in Abuja Airport road? abeg no call Jona here.

1 Like

Re: I Predicted The Coming Of Boko Haram 16 Years Ago – Audu Ogbeh by PureWays(m): 9:47am On May 12, 2016
OsusuMustFlow:

really? by saying what is off records?

Of course, you don't expect what he predicted to be on record.
Re: I Predicted The Coming Of Boko Haram 16 Years Ago – Audu Ogbeh by omowolewa: 9:51am On May 12, 2016
All these ministers self, is either they blame the past or burden the future.

What does that has to do with irrigation farming which impacts price of tomatoes?
What does that has to do with rice mill and plantations that affects the price of Rice?
What has that gotten to do with boosting Cocoa/Oil Palm/Banana/Iroko Plantations?

Oga Audu, roll up your sleeves, smell the coffee and put tax payers' money to valuable use! Stop the search for cheap praises.

1 Like

Re: I Predicted The Coming Of Boko Haram 16 Years Ago – Audu Ogbeh by DONSMITH123(m): 9:52am On May 12, 2016
omowolewa:
All these ministers self, is either they blame the past or burden the future.

What does that has to do with irrigation farming which impacts price of tomatoes?
What does that has to do with rice mill and plantations that affects the price of Rice?
What has that gotten to do with boosting Cocoa/Oil Palm/Banana/Iroko Plantations?

Oga Audu, roll up your sleeves, smell the coffee and put tax payers' money to valuable use! Stop the search for cheap praises.
Re: I Predicted The Coming Of Boko Haram 16 Years Ago – Audu Ogbeh by OsusuMustFlow(f): 9:55am On May 12, 2016
then, he should the honourable and remain mute for life. No bi by force to talk.

PureWays:
Of course, you don't expect what he predicted to be on record.
Re: I Predicted The Coming Of Boko Haram 16 Years Ago – Audu Ogbeh by Isoni(m): 11:49am On May 12, 2016
Somebody should help tell Mr. Ogbeh that we are yet to receive our share of the rice that PMB ordered to be distributed from the National reserve.

1 Like

Re: I Predicted The Coming Of Boko Haram 16 Years Ago – Audu Ogbeh by Smartsyn(m): 11:49am On May 12, 2016
Ok sir, please predict the correct score of the next Real Madrid match.. Lemme do justice to it, since you're good at predicting events.

1 Like

Re: I Predicted The Coming Of Boko Haram 16 Years Ago – Audu Ogbeh by Category1: 11:49am On May 12, 2016
F
Re: I Predicted The Coming Of Boko Haram 16 Years Ago – Audu Ogbeh by TippyTop(m): 11:50am On May 12, 2016
Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Chief Audu Ogbeh, has stated that he predicted the emergence of Boko Haram insurgency 16 years ago.
And he is bold to admit it.
Re: I Predicted The Coming Of Boko Haram 16 Years Ago – Audu Ogbeh by Davidolives(m): 11:50am On May 12, 2016
Pls just face the agricultural development and leave stale news abegi
Re: I Predicted The Coming Of Boko Haram 16 Years Ago – Audu Ogbeh by Welber(f): 11:52am On May 12, 2016
Minister of Agriculture? Predict Boko Haram?

1 Like

Re: I Predicted The Coming Of Boko Haram 16 Years Ago – Audu Ogbeh by femikoti: 11:56am On May 12, 2016
na bet naija abi nairabet you use how many odds e be that time?
Re: I Predicted The Coming Of Boko Haram 16 Years Ago – Audu Ogbeh by eshietIntrepid(m): 11:56am On May 12, 2016
...And it took u 16yrs to remind us?

Ok now predict something let see.
Re: I Predicted The Coming Of Boko Haram 16 Years Ago – Audu Ogbeh by misscall247: 11:57am On May 12, 2016
mumu
Re: I Predicted The Coming Of Boko Haram 16 Years Ago – Audu Ogbeh by McBrooklyn(m): 11:57am On May 12, 2016
Is he a future teller or wah? BTW, he predicted it but what did he do to stop it? undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar Speaks On Maiduguri Bomb Blast / 2019: How Blind People Will Vote During Elections - INEC Reveals / No Student Will Drop Out Again, Says Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.