Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,974 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Thai Students Caught Cheating With "Mission Impossible" Spy Glasses - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Thai Students Caught Cheating With "Mission Impossible" Spy Glasses (5467 Views)

100 Students Caught As UNILAG Begins Testing Students For Hard Drugs / See What JAMB Allegedly Did To Some Candidates Caught Cheating On CCTV Cameras / University Of Jos Suspends Benedicta Daudu Who Was Caught Cheating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thai Students Caught Cheating With "Mission Impossible" Spy Glasses by olempe(m): 9:23am On May 12, 2016
Three Thai students caught cheating during a medical college entrance exams made headlines this week for their elaborate high-tech cheating equipment. Supervisors discovered wireless cameras embedded in the frames of the students’ glasses which were connected to smartwatches on their wrists. They used the cameras to send images of questions to an external group, who then replied with the answers via the smartwatches.

That’s quite a clever setup, but sadly, the students were caught when instructors noticed that their glasses had unusually thick frames and decided to have a closer look, which led to the discovery of the hidden cameras. The story went viral on social media after Rangsit University director Arthit Ourairat posted pictures of the cheating equipment on his Facebook page.

“They did it in real-time,” Arthit wrote, adding that the students had spent a whopping 800,000 baht ($22,700) on the setup. “This was the most high-tech exam cheating system I’ve ever seen. We want this to be known in public to make people aware that we must be careful, particularly for medical exams where there is high demand among students but not many vacancies.”

Most social media users condemned the students for their actions and accused them of putting people’s lives at risk. “If they had passed and graduated, we might have had illegal doctors working for us,” a Facebook user wrote. But a few actually praised the students for their ingenuity, with comments like “Cool,” and “Like Hollywood or Mission Impossible.”

There’s no denying that the students’ plan was clever, but their intelligence actually backfired on them – they were blacklisted by the examination board and disqualified from gaining admission at the university. Their identities have been withheld, but the scandal is likely to have a negative effect on their future careers.

The entrance exam, which was held last weekend, was taken by over 3,000 students competing for only 130 spots. It has now been cancelled, and students will need to show up for a re-test on May 31 and June 1, during which all accessories will be banned.One might assume that the elaborate ploy was thought up in response to bizarre anti-cheating methods used in Thailand, like these goofy anti-cheating hats made from sheets of paper.

Credit: http://www.nigerianscoop.com/2016/05/thai-students-caught-cheating-with.html

3 Likes

Re: Thai Students Caught Cheating With "Mission Impossible" Spy Glasses by wilcox(m): 9:27am On May 12, 2016
Really
Re: Thai Students Caught Cheating With "Mission Impossible" Spy Glasses by queenoflafia(f): 9:27am On May 12, 2016
There are cheats every where
But they were not as fantastic as the supervisors
Re: Thai Students Caught Cheating With "Mission Impossible" Spy Glasses by maxti: 9:33am On May 12, 2016
Hmmmm.........
Re: Thai Students Caught Cheating With "Mission Impossible" Spy Glasses by calddon(m): 9:37am On May 12, 2016
Cheating is not corruption........................... What am i saying sef

1 Like

Re: Thai Students Caught Cheating With "Mission Impossible" Spy Glasses by krysTein(m): 9:49am On May 12, 2016
Nawa oo dere z ntin pesin no fit see oo

Aniway dat z technological advancement
Re: Thai Students Caught Cheating With "Mission Impossible" Spy Glasses by dasilva2(m): 10:19am On May 12, 2016
What Can I say? I mean they spent quite the cash on the setup......

So..... COOL.... bUT Catch them and whoop dem ass for cheating....

Cheating can get you there.... But it wont keep you there for sure...

2 Likes

Re: Thai Students Caught Cheating With "Mission Impossible" Spy Glasses by JbravoAdodger(m): 10:48am On May 12, 2016
the teacher that caught them sef na ex-kgb

6 Likes

Re: Thai Students Caught Cheating With "Mission Impossible" Spy Glasses by olempe(m): 11:17am On May 12, 2016
JbravoAdodger:
the teacher that caught them sef na ex-kgb
Lol.

Na true sha, cos if not, how he fit know

2 Likes

Re: Thai Students Caught Cheating With "Mission Impossible" Spy Glasses by kiddoiLL(m): 11:21am On May 12, 2016
Nigerian teacher will be like "you wont see this glasses again, the three of you outside!!" ..like play like play,na so the glasses go take turn hin own

7 Likes

Re: Thai Students Caught Cheating With "Mission Impossible" Spy Glasses by mrhansome12(m): 11:28am On May 12, 2016
kiddoiLL:
Nigerian teacher will be like "you wont see this glasses again, the three of you outside!!" ..like play like play,na so the glasses go take turn hin own
lol only if the lecture will know what the glasses are all about, if na naija the students will form lens and the olodo lecturer will be like na foreign made expensive lens how much you buy am sef

9 Likes

Re: Thai Students Caught Cheating With "Mission Impossible" Spy Glasses by kiddoiLL(m): 11:32am On May 12, 2016
mrhansome12:
lol only if the lecture will know what the glasses are all about, if na naija the students will form lens and the olodo lecturer will be like na foreign made expensive lens how much you buy am sef
lol ...i love our teachers joor
Re: Thai Students Caught Cheating With "Mission Impossible" Spy Glasses by Idydarling(f): 11:48am On May 12, 2016
kiddoiLL:
my teacher in pri. 5
Re: Thai Students Caught Cheating With "Mission Impossible" Spy Glasses by CAPSLOCKED: 1:03pm On May 12, 2016
THAT'S MY SON! cheesy
Re: Thai Students Caught Cheating With "Mission Impossible" Spy Glasses by Smartsyn(m): 1:19pm On May 12, 2016
Cheating get levels I must say.. While some people will be looking for their palms and laps to write potential answers, some others are going over the board with high tech setup for the same purpose..

I for say they tried, but unfortunately, they were caught.
Re: Thai Students Caught Cheating With "Mission Impossible" Spy Glasses by Frank3n2(m): 1:37pm On May 12, 2016
We need this in NIGERIA!!! grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Thai Students Caught Cheating With "Mission Impossible" Spy Glasses by Airell: 2:58pm On May 12, 2016
I told my friends that Nigerians are still learning when it comes to cheating.
Re: Thai Students Caught Cheating With "Mission Impossible" Spy Glasses by jazinogold(m): 3:14pm On May 12, 2016
cheesy

this kind glass go confuse nigeria's old lecturer's dem go think say na d person wey dem dy copy cheat sef!!

grin grin grin
Re: Thai Students Caught Cheating With "Mission Impossible" Spy Glasses by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 12, 2016
I don't blame them....imagine 3000 people competing for 130 spots
Re: Thai Students Caught Cheating With "Mission Impossible" Spy Glasses by Airell: 4:17pm On May 12, 2016
Blescyn:
I don't blame them....imagine 3000 people competing for 130 spots
It's not different in Nigeria too
Re: Thai Students Caught Cheating With "Mission Impossible" Spy Glasses by Crieff(m): 4:34pm On May 12, 2016
Do Nigerian lecturers even know what Google glass is all about?

I won't be surprised if some students have been using the developers edition of Google glass and our invigilators won't even have the slightest idea.

cheesy
Re: Thai Students Caught Cheating With "Mission Impossible" Spy Glasses by NnamdiN: 4:52pm On May 12, 2016
They should come and write jamb, no one would notice that in Naija. Heard some girl used bluetooth headset in my school then, covered it with her hair and did her thing. Was never caught

grin she could be the doctor operating on you now.
Re: Thai Students Caught Cheating With "Mission Impossible" Spy Glasses by yungryce: 5:45pm On May 12, 2016
whoever made d glasses didnt know to cover d lens
Re: Thai Students Caught Cheating With "Mission Impossible" Spy Glasses by olempe(m): 5:54pm On May 12, 2016
NnamdiN:
They should come and write jamb, no one would notice that in Naija. Heard some girl used bluetooth headset in my school then, covered it with her hair and did her thing. Was never caught

grin grin
Re: Thai Students Caught Cheating With "Mission Impossible" Spy Glasses by Davbams(m): 7:29pm On May 12, 2016
U shuld actually blame them cos it's jst nt right.
They should channel their ingenuity towards profitable ends.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thai Students Caught Cheating With "Mission Impossible" Spy Glasses by wonlasewonimi: 9:17pm On May 12, 2016
If they use this in Naija mb go finish before they answer one question.
Re: Thai Students Caught Cheating With "Mission Impossible" Spy Glasses by LaRochelle(f): 11:46pm On May 12, 2016
It really beats my imagination how/why people use their brilliance to do bad stuff. Well, they are still adolescents, since they are about having tertiary education. We can excuse their behaviour and blame it on "youthful exuberance".
Re: Thai Students Caught Cheating With "Mission Impossible" Spy Glasses by sixtus3606(m): 5:57am On May 13, 2016
NnamdiN:

chisos!!! ;O
Re: Thai Students Caught Cheating With "Mission Impossible" Spy Glasses by sixtus3606(m): 5:58am On May 13, 2016
sixtus3606:

chisos!!! :O
Re: Thai Students Caught Cheating With "Mission Impossible" Spy Glasses by gidimasters(m): 6:07am On May 13, 2016
check my signature
Re: Thai Students Caught Cheating With "Mission Impossible" Spy Glasses by Saheed9: 9:05am On May 13, 2016
smart guys I must confess
Re: Thai Students Caught Cheating With "Mission Impossible" Spy Glasses by Nobody: 9:39am On May 13, 2016
Airell:

It's not different in Nigeria too

True

(1) (2) (Reply)

Have You Seen Any Gtbank With A Gate? / Post Ume Result Out In UNIZIK! What Next? / Imt Enugu Post Ume Result Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.